closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Money Shop

Journeyman

The Money Shop

Big national pawnbrokers likely in administration shortly. Almost certain to be some bargains on unredeemed pawned watches to be had from the administrators.

I値l post details of who that is and where they are likely to be selling them when I know.

(As a new member I知 not asking you to trust me on any secret info, it値l be somewhere obvious, maybe even eBay)

I have a question though, does anyone have any experience with this company? Are their appraisers any good? There will be no returns if it痴 a fake, obvs. It値l be a fastest finger first situation when it happens so any guidance in advance would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I'm in Bolton Town Centre and we used to have a decent MoneyShop on the main precinct, 90% pawnbroking but a couple of big display windows with interesting jewellery in one and watches in the other.

Sadly, for every ten watches they put in the window I would say two were fake - they were shocking for Breitlings for some reason.

That shop closed years ago and they opened a new smaller shop with no retail, just money lending. Good for currency exchange though, I've never had better rates.

Master
    Surely unredeemed watches (or anything else) are not their property? Merely security being held against a loan?

If only we had a forum member knowledgeable in such matters.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Surely unredeemed watches (or anything else) are not their property? Merely security being held against a loan?

If only we had a forum member knowledgeable in such matters.
    If only, eh?

Company has been in free-fall for a couple of years and its demise long anticipated.

Payday lending activity was grim, but the main beneficiaries of that period sold out before it hit the fan.

I wouldn’t touch a watch from them under any circumstances, without employing my own checks and competencies as if buying from a complete stranger offering no warranty and unknown provenance.

They had very little knowledge when it came to watches. Any they do have in pawn will remain the individual client’s property for the term of the loan.

Some TMS shops have been bought (and will be rebranded) by Ramsdens, a respectable and sound chain whose management I know well - very solid.

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 21st June 2019 at 22:40.