closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chrono24 - Approved Dealer

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Chrono24 - Approved Dealer

While browsing Chrono24 today I noticed that the dealers name no longer appears in the ad, instead its shown a “approved Dealer”

Why the secrecy?

I like to know who selling a watch I maybe interested in as I know there are a lot of resellers that dont actually have any stock and just take your money while searching for the watch offered.

Just moaning as I have nothing better to do this morning.

Craftsman
    I noticed that and thought the same. However on my work laptop it still shows the dealers name, whilst my home laptop it did not for a period. My home laptop has now reverted back to showing dealer name. Can only think it must be something to do with browser settings, as I use chrome at work and firefox at home. My firefox updated a few days ago and then the detail was back.

Probably an AB test to see if dropping the dealer's name drops their enquiry rate and subsequently their enquiry to sale rate.

Costs money to sell through C24 and if you see a watch with the ADs name some people will go direct.

Craftsman
    I access Chrono24 via a laptop using Chrome browser and I can still see the dealers name, but not in the place where it was previously displayed. If you scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page you'll see a heading saying "Seller". Below that is a box marked "About the Dealer". Click on that and the dealer is revealed. HTH.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    I access Chrono24 via a laptop using Chrome browser and I can still see the dealers name, but not in the place where it was previously displayed. If you scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page you'll see a heading saying "Seller". Below that is a box marked "About the Dealer". Click on that and the dealer is revealed. HTH.
    Yes, I can access the dealer details this way buts it’s annoying as it used to visible on the thumbnails before entering the full listing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Probably an AB test to see if dropping the dealer's name drops their enquiry rate and subsequently their enquiry to sale rate.

Costs money to sell through C24 and if you see a watch with the ADs name some people will go direct.
    Must be this as I for one have contacted dealers outside C24 to get discount