closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gatwick Official Valet Parking

Gatwick Official Valet Parking

Just about to book parking for a week at Gatwick. I normally choose long stay - keep my keys and choose a nice space in the corner of the carpark.

In this case for an extra 2.00 they park the car for me. I assume as it is "official" valet parking they will take good care of the car but wondered if anyone had used it and could vouch for the check in process etc. It does look easier for 2.00...

I normally fly from LHR so don't really know LGW facilities.
    Last edited by MB2; 21st June 2019 at 09:29.

Craftsman
    Seen to many watchdog/consumer programmes for me to give my car keys to anybody for a week.

I’ve never had a problem with valet parking at Gatwick. Neither have I had issues with off site parking such as the one at Copthorne.

Our car came back with an additional 30-miles on the clock from a Manchester airport hotel offsite parking.
    I would park it yourself and suffer the 200-metre walk to the courtesy bus.

Blog Entries
    Official valet parking keeps the car in the long stay onsite car park, there is no transfer to the offsite park and all the potential horror story scenarios you usually attribute with that.

Used it a fair bit. Much better than waiting for a bus.
    Nice to be able to immediately escape the airport when arriving home.
    Although our car is 9 years old so I don't worry about handing over the keys.
    Only minor complaint has been that they adjust the seat position very close to the wheel and don't reset it.

My car is there right now at Gatwick until I collect it tomorrow morning. For the extra pennies it seems worth it. Being the official parking I don't think they drive off site but they do drive it somewhere within the airport grounds.

If you're paranoid bring a spare key in case they misplace yours and take a pic of the dash for milage.

I once came back to Stansted and saw an almighty argument where the official valet parking had mislabeled the key and couldn't find it at 4am. Since then I bring a spare with me.

Craftsman
    I use a company who i have used for over 10 years for Heathrow. I use their meet and greet service. They park the car approx 6 miles from the airport (it can take upto 4 miles getting out of Heathrow). Blessing of god, no issues so far. It works out approx £10 per day.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I’ve used them lots and never had a problem. I always use Valet parking when I go skiing 2/3 times per year as it’s such a faff getting a bus with skis & luggage. If travelling light and short breaks I’ll pay for short stay and walk to the terminal. Gatwick official long stay is good but some off site parking can be a faff. Purple parking are pretty good too.

You pays your money and take your choices.

Drop off other members of the party at the departures along with all luggage. They can get in the queue any you can park yourself and board the shuttle bus un laden ,

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Drop off other members of the party at the departures along with all luggage. They can get in the queue any you can park yourself and board the shuttle bus un laden ,
    I've never thought of that, good shout...

Long stay car park has significant refurbishment/roadworks that forces the shuttle to stop away from the little shelters at the normal bus stop. Something to keep in mind if the weather doesn’t play nice
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Last year we waited an hour in the rain for our car, never again

Craftsman
    In them there mountainous Hills of Surrey
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Long stay car park has significant refurbishment/roadworks that forces the shuttle to stop away from the little shelters at the normal bus stop. Something to keep in mind if the weather doesn’t play nice
    Worth noting that is the north terminal long stay. The south terminal long stay is fine- I was in there earlier in the week.

Also if you sign up to Mygatwick you get 10% off the official parking fee.

Yes, sorry should have mentioned it.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Used it many times. Never had an issue. Thumbs up from me.

Master
    For the last few years we've only used Official Gatwick Airport Parking, whether it be short stay, long stay, valet or premium (we've used them all at once time or another).

Mrs. MST and I are currently sitting in the departure lounge at Basel on our way back to Gatwick. On our way to Gatwick we thought we'd booked long stay but to our surprise it was actually short stay; managed to snag a nice little space directly opposite the lift.

Plus, as has already been mentioned you get 10% off via myGatwick.

Blog Entries
    Been awhile with Gatwick but no problems in the past and i always look at the pricing via Holiday Extras or Looking for Parking.

The last two holidays we’ve paid for the valet parking at Gatwick. Drive into short stay, leave the car, walk a minute to the terminal and check in. Then on return head to the valet office opposite the terminal exit, pick up keys and leave.
    I have an app on my phone which shows me where my car is and when I checked during the holiday it didn’t seem to have moved from the short stay parking.

Craftsman
    Top tip for Airport parking discount - discount code STAFF has worked for years

Master
    Aside from our delayed return flight everything went as smoothly as ever tonight. Picked up the car and were on the M25 within an hour of touching down on the runway.

Being a bit of a nervous ninny, many questions pop into my head. Are there any insurance concerns? I presume the parking company is insured, but is any damage 100% covered at no cost to you? I assume damage would be repaired by their preferred body shop, and you would have no say in the choice? Does it make any difference if the car is leased or on a PCP etc?

Master
    Always use the short term onsite parking wherever I go. You can pre book so is t crazy expensive. Always connected to the airport, always space, safe and takes a couple of minutes to walk to departures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I've used the Gatwick official valet service a couple of times and would do so again. It's very convenient and goes no further than the long stay.

Also check both car parks, South and North there is quite often a price difference and switching between terminals is easy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I se the IAM to book mine.

Thank you for all the advice - I took the valet option for the small premium and also signed up to mygatwick so got 10% off too !

Good shout. Always used valet parking and except for them adjusting my seat it's always been straightforward. Saying that I'd only use the official one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always take a picture of your mileage before you give them your car keys

I expect with the prevalence of trackers and dash cams they have had to get their act together - does worry me a bit still but hopefully will be able to check the car quickly on arrival/departure with them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Being a bit of a nervous ninny, many questions pop into my head. Are there any insurance concerns? I presume the parking company is insured, but is any damage 100% covered at no cost to you? I assume damage would be repaired by their preferred body shop, and you would have no say in the choice? Does it make any difference if the car is leased or on a PCP etc?

Yeh right you me both - like i'm going to give the keys to my pride and joy to some ****** to drive to a location that I don't know.

I go in a cab and come back in a cab. It ain't worth the hassle to me. Too many of my work colleagues have hit problems - Hell, I don't even let the guys in the car wash touch it - thats for footballers on £200k per week.

B