closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any experience with Neff appliances? Alternatives?

Master

Any experience with Neff appliances? Alternatives?

Just about to start on a modest kitchen extension and Neff seemed to be the default brand with the kitchen design companies we've been talking to. I'd assumed given it's position in the market and pricing that they were decent enough quality (I'm aware they're owned by the same group that own Bosch, Siemens etc), but I began comparing prices online this week, and happened upon reviews of one of their warming drawers that were unbelieveably bad - multiple reviewers citing the same fault, and a copy and paste response from the Neff social media team to each.

I then started looking at reviews of the other Neff items on our list and couldn't believe how many terrible reviews they get. Lots and lots of reports of failures just outside of warranty. Trustpilot rating is abysmal!

We have the fridge sorted already and are keeping our existing washer/dryer, but need an induction hob, extractor hood, 2 x full-sized ovens (pyrolytic if poss), microwave and integrated or semi-integrated dishwasher. I'm not too hung up on everything being the same brand, and don't have the budget for top-end stuff - circa £3.5k?

Interested to hear opinions on recent Neff purchases, as well as any decent alternatives?

TIA

Craftsman
    My experience wasn't great. Had an extractor which didn't break but wasn't very effective. Also had a standalone freezer (built in) where the top hinge kept breaking and needed to be changed every other year...

The only product of theirs I'm tempted by is their oven range - the one where the door slides into a cavity under the oven. I was told they have the patent on that and no other brand does it

I bought Siemens appliances in my old house. For the 3 years i was there they worked flawlessly. Build quality was great as was functionality. Bought these on the recommendation of my friend who owns a German Kitchen showroom. He said Neff wasn't worth the premium.

We had a Neff oven and gas hob for 10+ (possibly 15) years and had no problems until last year or so.

I might have bought another but Samsung ovens caught my eye (price and novel features). A few design niggles with the Samsung but working fine.

I'm not sure about pyrolytic ovens - check if all the oven is fully pyrolytic and how its used. With the Samsung, have to remove shelf supports first (screwdriver) and grease deposits still remain. The Neff wasn't pyrolytic but had 'catalytic liners' and didn't cover back(?) so some still had to be manually cleaned.

Master
    I have owned NEFF and now own Siemens.

I think Siemens is a step up in quality and reliability for I think similar money

I dont rate our Neff ovens - they never seem to get to the temp stated and the no button displays (touch) are a pain in the bottom.

Would I choose Neff again? No.

Friends and family have AEG which seems to be far better priced and so far - no issues reported.

Any experience with Neff appliances? Alternatives?

I’m the same doing my kitchen, I’ve spent ages researching ovens, dish washers, hobs etc etc and I’ve seen the same about NEFF with regards to ovens especially the fans breaking down very quickly.
    The ones in here currently are from 1996 and still working and they are Bosche, I’m looking at Bosche or AEG to replace all my appliances...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post

The only product of theirs I'm tempted by is their oven range - the one where the door slides into a cavity under the oven. I was told they have the patent on that and no other brand does it
    They're the ones we've been looking at - the hide and slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post

I'm not sure about pyrolytic ovens - check if all the oven is fully pyrolytic and how its used. With the Samsung, have to remove shelf supports first (screwdriver) and grease deposits still remain. The Neff wasn't pyrolytic but had 'catalytic liners' and didn't cover back(?) so some still had to be manually cleaned.
    From what I understand, all Neff ovens feature that catalytic liner (?), then the pyrolytic feature is an additional option.

We've got a Siemens fridge freezer we've had for over 10 years and the quality is pretty good. We'll be replacing that with a different branded slightly larger model, but I'll take a look at Siemens ovens etc now, to see how they compare price-wise to Neff.

I like the look of some of the AEG stuff but must admit was put off by one of the kitchen companies who said it's just Electrolux re-badged. Will take a look.
    Last edited by gcleminson; 20th June 2019 at 12:17.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    From what I understand, all Neff ovens feature that catalytic liner (?), then the pyrolytic feature is an additional option.
    Well make sure its on top, bottom and sides!

Bear in mind people are more inclined to leave feedback when they have bad experiences. When a product works, that's what they expect and there is no incentive to leave feedback.
    Neff also have a decent market share of items, so assuming a same failure rate of appliances vs other brands, there will be a higher number. There is always a skew when looking online for feedback.

Neff are a decent/above standard manufacturer. Big range, lots of features, decent reliability.
    Siemens are a step up in features and reliability from Neff, but essentially the same.
    A Bosch is mostly a budget Neff, but these days more and more of their products are manufactured outside of Germany (seen China and Romania, myself).
    If you can afford to, I would go Miele for a washing machine if you're refitting a whole kitchen - for everything if feasible. They're a no-compromise on reliability, but where a product is spinning 15kg of weight and water at 1800rpm it tends to be the fastest wearer, and this is where you will make the most saving if you had to pick one item to spend up on.

Craftsman
    +1 for Miele. Being on a budget as well, we bought an oven from their entry level series (with pyro) which was excellent. Really simple controls and easy to use. If you look around, you'll find pretty decent deals on them. With my current house, I bought Miele again but got John Lewis to price match the online offers.

We also had a Miele fridge in the previous house which I didn't much care for. Went for Samsung which has been excellent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dice View Post
    If you can afford to, I would go Miele for a washing machine if you're refitting a whole kitchen - for everything if feasible. They're a no-compromise on reliability, but where a product is spinning 15kg of weight and water at 1800rpm it tends to be the fastest wearer, and this is where you will make the most saving if you had to pick one item to spend up on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
    +1 for Miele. Being on a budget as well, we bought an oven from their entry level series (with pyro) which was excellent. Really simple controls and easy to use. If you look around, you'll find pretty decent deals on them. With my current house, I bought Miele again but got John Lewis to price match the online offers.

We also had a Miele fridge in the previous house which I didn't much care for. Went for Samsung which has been excellent.

We're keeping our existing washer dryer which I've just remembered is also a Siemens, but I was thinking Miele for the dishwasher. Don't think we can justify Miele throughout though sadly.

Craftsman
    We have gone for Neff for the past 20+ years and never had a problem, not even a failed element.
    Our current oven and hob are 12years old now.
    However manufacturers can go down hill very quickly so I couldn't comment on up to date models. I always imagined Miele and Smeg to be the next level up.
    My son has just bought a Bosch oven which is so much better built than the generic cheapie it replaced.

Craftsman
    OP
    We buy our appliances from a local shop that trade in graded items. This can sometimes mean a minute scratch or massive dent. They are all priced accordingly.
    This is one way to get higher end items at a decent price if you can live with the damage.

Master
    Had new kitchen approx 10 years ago.

Neff Range Cooker- Ok but two elements blew within first two years. Oven indicator lights no longer function and one oven doesn’t seem to reach temp.

Neff Microwave- the timer dial is now a bit iffy and door fastening broke after two years

Neff American Fridge freezer. Three shelves replaced (plastic surrounds cracked) after three years and now ice machine lock doesn’t always work.

All now 10 years old so not bad but I probably try and buy something more upmarket (read much more expensive!) next time Miele, Wolf etc.

Neff, Bosch & Siemens are all the same company as far as I’m aware, that was the case a few years ago. I’ve had washing machine, Dishwasher, Oven & Hob. All been excellent for many years.

Blog Entries
    Yes, all German. BSH Appliances is the owner of several well-known brands. Wikipedia has more info. We have a Neff microwave/hot air-hob combi. 14+ yrs and still going strong.

Menno

Fitted Neff oven, gas hob and dishwasher in our kitchen 17 years ago. Had to replace the dishwasher earlier this year. Everything else is working fine. Quality may have dropped across all brands in recent years but I’m happy with our Neff experience.

Blog Entries
    Used to have Neff oven, hob and hood but changed when we remodelled the kitchen a few years ago for a Mercury oven with induction hob which we're very pleased with.

I've got a Neff induction hob and fan oven - both have been faultless.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries

Neff

Two years ago new kitchen, with two Neff ovens (one combination), Neff dishwasher, Neff gas hob. Faultless.

As a hood I got a Siemens because it was more powerful.

Going back, as I am lazy I would get both ovens with the pyrolitic function, and extendable oven trays.

And a Neff induction hob as they are very easy to clean. As a hood, I would get one of those professional, 45 degrees ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    I’m the same doing my kitchen, I’ve spent ages researching ovens, dish washers, hobs etc etc and I’ve seen the same about NEFF with regards to ovens especially the fans breaking down very quickly.
    The ones in here currently are from 1996 and still working and they are Bosche, I’m looking at Bosche or AEG to replace all my appliances...

Had all AEG put in our new kitchen and both the washing machine and the oven were faulty within the first 6 months. Both were easily replaced under warranty, but still I wouldn't buy them again.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    ... I like the look of some of the AEG stuff but must admit was put off by one of the kitchen companies who said it's just Electrolux re-badged. Will take a look.
    Electrolux owns the rights to the AEG brand, but I don't know whether that should put you off.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    Electrolux owns the rights to the AEG brand, but I don't know whether that should put you off.
    Yeah, the implication was that Electrolux was crap and AEG was essentially Electrolux re-packaged. Not sure I fully buy that though.

We did our kitchen about 3 years ago and went for NEFF, a slide and hide pyrolitic steam oven and micro-combo oven, we also have an induction hob, all have been faultless so far.

The pyrolitic clean function is the dogs danglies. I’d have them again based on our experience so far.

We have a Siemens fridge freezer, that’s also been no trouble.

I quite like the look of the Home Connect but they didn’t have that when we bought ours... I do like a smart feature.

Journeyman
    We have all Neff appliances - about 3 years old. Two ovens, microwave, dishwasher, induction hob etc. No problems so far. All seem good quality.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    When we replaced our Kitchen around 3 year ago we went with Bosch and been great.
    Got a 900 induction hob, a double oven and the integrated microwave.
    Never skipped a beat. Having experience with Neff the only thing that would be a bonus would be the hide and slide door on the oven.

We had a kitchen refit in our previous house using all Neff appliances.
    The microwave failed regularly and the Service Engineer said it was made by Panasonic.
    Same chap said the built in fridge freezer was made by LG and predicted the salad drawers would crack within a year. He was wrong-they lasted 14 months.
    Last edited by uptheaddicks; 20th June 2019 at 21:26. Reason: never will master spelling!

Master
    I have the same Neff oven in both my rental properties, one 13yo the other 10yo. Never had any issues in that time. Also one 13yo Neff job which has been faultless. Fridge and freezer from Bosch, again no issues.
    My mother recently swopped her "turnkey" supplied oven for a Neff with the clever door which slides into the oven housing. Very handy in a smaller kitchen.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk