closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gordon Murray T.50 Supercar

Gordon Murray T.50 Supercar

Gordon Murray is producing a sucessor to the McLaren F1. A super lightweight, V12 'fan car', it promises to be amazing.

Website

I bet it never happens. Just like all his other recent ‘projects’.

Master
    There already is a successor to the F1, it's the P1

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    I bet it never happens. Just like all his other recent ‘projects’.
    I will eat an actual hat if more than one is ever made.

Master
    I think it will get made. Billionaires don’t want the ugly city cars he designed, they would absolutely want the best hypercar in the world though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    There already is a successor to the F1, it's the P1
    The P1 is certainly not a spiritual successor. The F1 was the ultimate in driving purity. A normally aspirated engine, a central driving position, no ABS, no traction control - it didn't even have power assistance for the steering and was of course, very, very light. I feel the T50 stays far more true to the F1 concept than anything since, not least of course because of the designer.

GM is having a car built for himself at the moment. There's a series of videos documenting the process on Youtube. Here's the latest installment, but the whole series is well worth watching.

F.T.F.A.

Murray's ideas for small cars and manufacturing process are exactly what we need (at least in terms of small city cars or flatpack cars), and it's all about the manufacturing process, which no one seems ready to adopt. The cars he's produced to show it off are purely to show what's possible, not the finished item no one would buy. I don't see why the supercar won't be built, if you want anyone doing this it's Murray. Newey's dipping his toe in road (or as we now see, Le Mans) cars with the Valkyrie and so on, but since none appear to have been delivered yet (it'll happen very soon), Murray's still your man who's successfully designed, developed and built a supercar now worth £10million+ that's also won Le Mans (the last road-legal Le Mans car, Ray Bellm even drove his 1995 Le Mans F1 GTR to the race the following year, albeit not to race). I can't see why the T.50 won't be the absolute ultimate conventional normally-aspirated supercar.
    "A man of little significance"