closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Car - Volvo V40

Craftsman

New Car - Volvo V40

Hope this is the right place to post!

Just bought the Mrs a car, went with a Volvo V40. Test drove 1 series, A class, A1 and A3, all the usual suspects - but this one was the best for us. One question I have is around the 'Winter Pack'. Wondering if anyone has experience of this? We had heated front windscreen on 2013 Ford Fiesta which was fantastic in winter, and highly effective. Is the Volvo version as good? I've looked online to see if I can find reviews on this specific feature but had no luck!

Cheers,

John

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Volvo swapped the heated windscreen tech with Ford in return for engines. It’s the same system. Winter pack will also increase your fuel tank size increasing your range, if high mileage is something you’ll do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    One of our cars is a V40 D4 R Design with the Winter Pack and we similarly looked at the 1 series, A Class & A3 before pulling the trigger. The heated screen & seats are excellent. Well, the whole car is actually - the D4 unit has some decent grunt with great economy. It's a well built, equipped & quick little thing.

Hope you enjoy it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Mine works great and you can do it from the app on the phone in bed.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by doebag View Post
    Volvo swapped the heated windscreen tech with Ford in return for engines. It’s the same system. Winter pack will also increase your fuel tank size increasing your range, if high mileage is something you’ll do...

Ah that makes sense and is very reassuring - thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJS View Post
    One of our cars is a V40 D4 R Design with the Winter Pack and we similarly looked at the 1 series, A Class & A3 before pulling the trigger. The heated screen & seats are excellent. Well, the whole car is actually - the D4 unit has some decent grunt with great economy. It's a well built, equipped & quick little thing.

Hope you enjoy it.
    We went with a petrol, T2 R Design. She will be driving it most of the time and doesn't do long journeys or like anything too fast (I know, strange person!). Thanks for the positive comments!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPCain86 View Post
    Mine works great and you can do it from the app on the phone in bed.
    Haha that is excellent! Not sure our one will have that as it is a few years old, but I will check and see. To be fair if the heated windscreen works as quickly as Ford version, it takes very little time anyway! Thanks for the comment.

Blog Entries
    If it's possible, I would also opt for a pre-heater. My wife used to have on her Saab company car (before she was self-employed) and a neighbour down the street has one in his 16 y/o Volvo XC70. He only uses the car for a short distance between his house and his office. Short distances are killing for cars - but not so much when you have a car with a pre-heater.

M

Master
    Blog Entries
    As a general reassurance - I've been driving Volvo's for 30 years. I also look at BMW and Merc from time to time but Volvo keeps winning for reliability, vfm, cheaper to service/repair, and cheaper to buy secondhand. My current work horse is a 2001 S80 k180 miler petrol beauty.
    Last edited by Suds; 20th June 2019 at 08:14.

I had a 2016 Ford Fiesta and XC60 at the same time - and the heated windscreen worked equally well on both cars. One thing I have experienced with both cars however are far more stone chips than I’ve ever had on other cars. I asked the chip repair guy (on his 3rd visit in a year for the XC60!) of this might be the case and he said some cars seem to be lucky, some don’t. But I suspect that are slightly more prone to damage from my experience. Frankly I’d still have it as a feature on any future car as it’s so convenient!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Hope this is the right place to post!

Is the Volvo version as good?

Cheers,

John

Ive a 2016 V40 and the heated windscreen is fantastic, 45-60 seconds and its frost free.

My wife’s XC60 has the heated windscreen as part of Winter Pack along with heated seats, and can confirm it’s the proverbial dogs bollocks (or dugs baws as we say here in Scotland). Huge improvement in de icing times in winter, as you’d expect from a Swedish manufacturer

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the positive reviews, I'm looking forward to picking it up on Wednesday. Plan is the to present to the wife as a surprise on Sunday at her birthday party!

As a Scot, having the Winter Pack sounds like it will definitely we worthwhile - roll on winter!!

I have an XC60 with the winter pack and it is great. Heated stealing wheel freaked me out initially but have grown to love it after a cold night at the match.

Chris

Hi
    i have the V40 D3 Cross Country, with the winter pack and it is excellent very solid car with a well built cabin, just one point does anyone know how put the tripmeter back to zero , the one on the main dial !!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    I have an XC60 with the winter pack and it is great. Heated stealing wheel freaked me out initially but have grown to love it after a cold night at the match.

Chris
    +1 for the heated steering wheel. Something you never think off until you have it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk