closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SILODROME - nice way to waste an hour or so

SILODROME - nice way to waste an hour or so

Perfect for those rainy days, long commute and to avoid bo//ox on the box.. Zee LINKY
    Last edited by VDG; 21st June 2019 at 00:04.
    Fas est ab hoste doceri

Thanks for the link, that Porsche camper van is wonderful!

Master
    Ooooeeeer there are some good reads there.

Cracking post.

I can also use that when i'm bored in meetings and want to look as though I am studying detailed on screen project plans :-)

We cal them waffly bo**ocks.

B

Blog Entries
    That Porsche powered camper brings back memories!

A different view on the Porsche camper, perhaps:

In the early 60s, our family moved to the Belgian/Dutch border for 18 months. My dad's company had rented a bungalow for us, as a family. The bungalow was brand new at the time and the landlord (an older Belgian couple) lived a few bungalows down the road. Their daily transport was a black or blue (later a white) Citroen DS and they also had a camper like this on the driveway!

Our bungalow was located directly behind the dunes, only a two-minute walk from the sea. My mom had decided that there was no need to bring me to school. She started a 'homeschool' project with me. Reading, writing, maths etc. I remember clearly that the Belgian couple had a camper van like this one: my mom taught me how to read long vowels at the end of a syllable in the Dutch language; 'mI-kA-fA' was an excellent word for that! One of those words that stay in your mind forever. I never realised - until reading it here- that it was the name of a rare type of camper van!!! I can't remember 'Porsche' on the back, though. Perhaps it had another engine or the word was simply too difficult for a 5 y/o!

In my memories, I've been to the beach every day for 1.5 yrs. Rain, sun, storm. No matter. We went there! I only very postive memories about this period. When returning to our original house and going back to an ordinary school, no-one noticed that I'd not been to school for 18 months. In fact, I was ahead of everybody else when it came to nature and biology related subjects! Dutch laws now prevent this 'rogue teaching'. Nowadays, here, you're convicted like a criminal when you don't take your kid to school.

It's nice when a simple posting here on TZ-UK brings back such powerful happy memories. Thanks - on different levels - for posting this.

Menno

Another vote for the Porsche camper.

Another website in a similar vein I've come across recently that's worth a look is https://petrolicious.com

Plenty of vintage car eye candy

Silodrome is responsible for taking quite a lot of my time recently, as it is where I first really examined one of Steve McQueen's Triumph Desert Sleds, and decided to make my own using a modern Bonneville.
    A few weeks in and I am definitely still taking to pieces, rather than putting back together.
    Good fun though
    Dave

I prefer the story about the modified RUF Porsche. Can't beat a proper RUF for speed and looks.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I prefer the story about the modified RUF Porsche. Can't beat a proper RUF for speed and looks.
    Hasn't someone on here got one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Hasn't someone on here got one of those?
    Really?
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.