There have been some excellent collections posted here recently so I thought it was about time I updated mine. There are some that won’t be liked by all but there should be something for everyone and I think I’ve achieved my aim of having something a bit different.

First up are my two favourite watches, the AP Jules chronograph in white gold and the PP 5135P. The AP measures 41mm and, you probably won’t appreciate from my rather poor photo, has the most sublime dial. The Patek arrived in September last year as a result of buying an Aquanaut just before the boom meaning I could then trade up to something much more special. The finish on these two is on a different planet to everything else and they will be going nowhere anytime soon.

Next up are my two Royal Oak Offshores, the diver and the panda chrono. Some find these too big and too far removed from the original Genta design but they are perfect for me.

Then we have some of the usual suspects. When I last made a collection post I was proud of the fact that it was Rolex free. Somehow two and a half have made their way into the collection. I still see Rolex as the most overrated brand in the watch world and I don’t understand why so many jump through hoops to buy certain models, but I happen to like these watches, and Tudor really did come up trumps with the GMT which, for me, smashes the new Rolex version.

Next up are three which, I’m sure, will be the most unpopular of the collection. A world time from Franc Vila and a Pin-Up and Moon Dust from Romain Jerome. As it’s name suggests the Moon Dust contains dust from the moon but it also contains metal from Apollo XI. These are not to everyone’s tastes but they generally receive positive comments from people who handle them and they certainly are different.

A few more to show but I’ll mostly let the pictures do the talking. Particular highlights for me are the ArtyA lightning strike, for the sheer wackiness of it, and the two from Roland Kemmner that prove that you don’t need to spend a fortune to get well made watches. A tourbillon for under £1k!

I’m not sure where I’ll go from here. I can’t help but think that the collection has grown out of control and consolidation may be the way forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk