closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC - Out of control

SOTC - Out of control

There have been some excellent collections posted here recently so I thought it was about time I updated mine. There are some that won’t be liked by all but there should be something for everyone and I think I’ve achieved my aim of having something a bit different.

First up are my two favourite watches, the AP Jules chronograph in white gold and the PP 5135P. The AP measures 41mm and, you probably won’t appreciate from my rather poor photo, has the most sublime dial. The Patek arrived in September last year as a result of buying an Aquanaut just before the boom meaning I could then trade up to something much more special. The finish on these two is on a different planet to everything else and they will be going nowhere anytime soon.

Next up are my two Royal Oak Offshores, the diver and the panda chrono. Some find these too big and too far removed from the original Genta design but they are perfect for me.

Then we have some of the usual suspects. When I last made a collection post I was proud of the fact that it was Rolex free. Somehow two and a half have made their way into the collection. I still see Rolex as the most overrated brand in the watch world and I don’t understand why so many jump through hoops to buy certain models, but I happen to like these watches, and Tudor really did come up trumps with the GMT which, for me, smashes the new Rolex version.

Next up are three which, I’m sure, will be the most unpopular of the collection. A world time from Franc Vila and a Pin-Up and Moon Dust from Romain Jerome. As it’s name suggests the Moon Dust contains dust from the moon but it also contains metal from Apollo XI. These are not to everyone’s tastes but they generally receive positive comments from people who handle them and they certainly are different.

A few more to show but I’ll mostly let the pictures do the talking. Particular highlights for me are the ArtyA lightning strike, for the sheer wackiness of it, and the two from Roland Kemmner that prove that you don’t need to spend a fortune to get well made watches. A tourbillon for under £1k!

I’m not sure where I’ll go from here. I can’t help but think that the collection has grown out of control and consolidation may be the way forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    That is a mighty fine and varied collection you have there!

Consolidation is a big word. I have been saying it for years, yet the number of watches is only ticking up...

Nice collection, a bit of everything (but no Speedy?).
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Consolidation is a big word. I have been saying it for years, yet the number of watches is only ticking up...

Nice collection, a bit of everything (but no Speedy?).
    For some reason I’ve never had the Moonwatch, something else always seems to come along. I used to have an Olympic Speedmaster which I wore for all of my visits to the 2012 Olympics and then, for some reason, traded. I knew straight away that I’d made a mistake and wanted it back for sentimental reasons but it had sold. It turned up a few months later for sale at Mark Worthington but someone beat me to it. Still keep an eye out for it now and again.

Craftsman
    Boom! You don’t mess around! I love the diversity...

Now that's my sort of collection. I was a whisker away from buying an AP Jules chrono, they look great on the wrist and I do have a hankering for a Schofield Signalman!
    Very nice indeed.

Very nice collection.
    A lot of those aren't for me but we are all individuals and varied taste.
    However one thing that your collection tell about you is that it must have been collected over years and travel, thought and each pieces have their own stories to tell.
    That is a watch collection that everyone should be proud of.

Regards

Mark

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Master
    That is a lovely and varied collection. Thanks for sharing.

We have a winner!

Master
    Fab collection and another vote for the Jules, stunning.

That’s a fantastic collection
    The Longines A7 ‘Avigation’ reissue is the one for me. I just wish they didn’t put a date on it.

What a fine collection you have there.

You have been busy. Plenty of unfamiliar faces in there too
    Gray

You were doing great with the first three groups. Then I saw what you meant by out of control:-)

A wonderful and varied collection. Congrats. Also, can I borrow some money?

Master
    That's quite a collection.

So rather sophisticated stuff and some quirky stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

Nice and interesting collection, a lot going on there!

Blimey - amazing collection sir!

Where are all the Rolex sports? lol

Seriously, what a superb collection, really diversified too. Really Like the AP Jules ( you dont see many about) and the Franc Villa( my wife's friends dad has one) and its definitely unique.

Yowsers, fantastico. Eclectic turned up to 11.

Bloody hell, what a mix. Good on you buying some definitely left field choices. The Parmigiani looks ace!

Just great to see such a diverse collection. It's great that youre in a position where you don't have to hedge your bets - you've just bought what you like!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Bloody hell, what a mix. Good on you buying some definitely left field choices. The Parmigiani looks ace!
    This! That is the most interesting collection I’ve seen for some time, thank you for sharing.

PP and the Parmi were my favourites

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Brilliant collection, I love to see the more left-field stuff.

Craftsman
    I know your quandary, been thinking consolidation for the last 5 years😁

Master
    Blog Entries
    What an amazing and interesting collection - thanks for sharing

(I can't help wondering whether you have a G-Shock for when you're doing the garden?)

Journeyman
    That is an amazing collection, some real show stoppers in there. Very well done 👍

Craftsman
    Incredibly interesting and varied collection, a lot of which I've never seen before. Congrats!

Craftsman
    Fab collection really enjoyed seeing the more diverse collections that have appeared over the last couple of weeks. The AP Jules chronograph is the stand out for me.

Journeyman
    Great collection you have there! The AP chrono is lovely.

Journeyman

SOTC - Out of control

Forgive my ignorance but what’s the one next to the Master Compresser? Cuervo Sobrinos? (Perpetual Calendar?)I really like the look of that.

I know I could google it but more fun for you experts to fill me in.

Last edited by Ellgal; 24th June 2019 at 12:44.

A superb and eclectic collection - just how I like it.

Of the more left-field entrants, I also have a RJ Moondust DNA (the black face one - if you ever fancy trying it for the white one, let me know!), and an Artya Lightning.

Both very interesting and distinctive.

I've had a lot of oddities over the years - and many are now in the TZ community. I wonder what happened to my Roboto for instance - anyone still got that monster?

Bogmanfan is another who likes the weird and wonderful!
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellgal View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but what’s the one next to the Master Compresser? Cuervo Sobrinos? (Perpetual Calendar?)I really like the look of that.

I know I could google it but more fun for you experts to fill me in.

It’s the Cuervo y Sobrinos Robusto Triple Calendar Chrono. Very busy dial but somehow works and has plenty of latin flair.

Journeyman
    Great collection. Could you tell me the reference of the white faced AP offshore please? That's a stunner

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    A superb and eclectic collection - just how I like it.

Of the more left-field entrants, I also have a RJ Moondust DNA (the black face one - if you ever fancy trying it for the white one, let me know!), and an Artya Lightning.

Both very interesting and distinctive.

I've had a lot of oddities over the years - and many are now in the TZ community. I wonder what happened to my Roboto for instance - anyone still got that monster?

Bogmanfan is another who likes the weird and wonderful!
    The Moondust is actually in need of a repair. Needs a new crown tube, RJ refuse to supply to independent repairers so it needs to go back to them and they are not very responsive when I try to contact them. I’ve asked several times and not once have they bothered to reply. If seems that Jura are now the UK AD so I might try them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bclark View Post
    Great collection. Could you tell me the reference of the white faced AP offshore please? That's a stunner
    It’s 26170ST.OO.D101CR.02, definitely my favourite dial option.

Journeyman
    Cheers! It's a beauty

Craftsman
    Being a "taste pervert" I'm not very impressed with most offerings from the "trinity", but -- I have to say the Jules Chrono and the 5135P are just plain gorgeous. Very jealous indeed.

I can take or leave the second and third photos, but love most of the rest.

It is so good to see an SOTC with a great deal of individual and eclectic taste.

Chapeau, Sir -- much appreciated.