closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Isotope Watches - Goutte d’Eau dive watch

  1. #1
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wrexham, Wales
    Posts
    12

    Isotope Watches - Goutte d’Eau dive watch

    I hope it's ok to post this here. I know that the forum is affiliated with another watch seller.

    I'm backing this project but have no other stake in it. However, I thought it was worth a share as this watch really ticks a load of boxes for me on size (40mm), design, functionality, style, movement, etc. There are similar watches out there but there's just something about this watch that they got right.

    Here are the specs:

    Isotope Goutte d’Eau – Specifications
    Brushed case, 316L stainless steel
    Case diameter 40mm
    Height 11.80mm (Nordblad), 11.97mm (Orange)
    Exhibition screw-down case back (Orange)
    Stainless steel screw-down case back (Nordblad)
    Security inner bezel
    Anti-reflective crystal sapphire
    Two screw-down crowns: 2 o’clock for the inner bezel and 4 o’clock to adjust time
    Hands, bezel and sandwich dial with Super-LumiNova® BGW9
    22 mm brushed bracelet and extension clasp in 316L stainless steel
    Water resistance 200m / 20 atm / 656 ft

    MECHANICAL MOVEMENTS (2 OPTIONS)
    Japanese Miyota 9015
    Automatic, self-winding
    Power reserve 42 hours
    Accuracy -10/+30 s/day

    Swiss ETA 2824
    Automatic, self-winding
    Power reserve 38 hours
    Accuracy -12/+30 s/day

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...dget/card.html



  2. #2

    Wristwatch Review Uk posted a written and a video review of the Isotope Goutte d'Eau

    Wristwatch Review Uk posted a written and a video review of the Isotope Goutte d'Eau:


    https://wristwatchreview.co.uk/isoto...te-deau-review



    Quote Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
    I hope it's ok to post this here. I know that the forum is affiliated with another watch seller.

    I'm backing this project but have no other stake in it. However, I thought it was worth a share as this watch really ticks a load of boxes for me on size (40mm), design, functionality, style, movement, etc. There are similar watches out there but there's just something about this watch that they got right.

    Here are the specs:

    Isotope Goutte d’Eau – Specifications
    Brushed case, 316L stainless steel
    Case diameter 40mm
    Height 11.80mm (Nordblad), 11.97mm (Orange)
    Exhibition screw-down case back (Orange)
    Stainless steel screw-down case back (Nordblad)
    Security inner bezel
    Anti-reflective crystal sapphire
    Two screw-down crowns: 2 o’clock for the inner bezel and 4 o’clock to adjust time
    Hands, bezel and sandwich dial with Super-LumiNova® BGW9
    22 mm brushed bracelet and extension clasp in 316L stainless steel
    Water resistance 200m / 20 atm / 656 ft

    MECHANICAL MOVEMENTS (2 OPTIONS)
    Japanese Miyota 9015
    Automatic, self-winding
    Power reserve 42 hours
    Accuracy -10/+30 s/day

    Swiss ETA 2824
    Automatic, self-winding
    Power reserve 38 hours
    Accuracy -12/+30 s/day

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...dget/card.html



  3. #3
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wrexham, Wales
    Posts
    12

  4. #4
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wrexham, Wales
    Posts
    12
    Good review. Looks like it'll be a good watch.

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    889
    Yeah, this is a great watch - I hope it gets the backing it deserves

  6. #6
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wrexham, Wales
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Yeah, this is a great watch - I hope it gets the backing it deserves
    Me too!

    Do you think you are going to back it?

  7. #7
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal Mother View Post
    Me too!

    Do you think you are going to back it?
    Hi - sorry for the delayed response.

    Unfortunately not on this occasion. The only reason being that I’ve backed the Yema Heritage Bronze, the Newmark 71 and the Neucarl Sept Mai - plus I have 2 others from Kickstarter and 1 other Pre-Order waiting delivery - so this one was just terrible timing for me.

    Fingers crossed it gets a surge - as it’s a crying shame if it doesn’t get funded


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    889
    I see this is going on Pre-Order tomorrow at 3pm BST - I might go for it this time. Is anybody else?

  9. #9
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    889
    Just ordered the Sellita Movement in Blue with date - at £328 it seems exceptional value for such a great design




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    889
    Only 11 more to go and funding is then reached 😎

  11. #11
    Master Neilw3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Exeter, Devon, UK
    Posts
    3,473
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Only 7 more to go and funding is then reached 
    Fixed that for you

  12. #12
    Funding Canceled
    Project canceled on 07/01/2019

  13. #13
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHooky View Post
    Funding Canceled
    Project canceled on 07/01/2019
    Errrhhhh...that was the Kickstarter - yesterday they opened up Pre-Orders, delivery is still anticipated as end of November.

    The Movements have changed to Seiko N35 and Sellita SW200-1; and the prices has had a significant reduction. The Sellita not being much more than the Miyota.

    Its a great watch - and now only requires 6 more Pre-Orders to proceed

    https://isotopewatches.com/collectio...iper-supporter

  14. #14
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    889
    Well, the good news seems to be I think they've done it - as counter has reset and its now 15 out of 90 - and not now out of 95 which was the number required for funding.

    Looking forwards to becoming a proud owner of this, and the Newmark 71. As I went for the Selitta movement on the Isotope it will be interesting to see how that compared with the Miyota on the Newmark

    🙂

  15. #15
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    43
    Opinions on wether the sellita is worth it over the Seiko?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    My mistake. That’s good news


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  17. #17
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by The Journey View Post
    Opinions on wether the sellita is worth it over the Seiko?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s a lot more accurate - whether that makes it worth it is down to personal choice; but I think it is


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KAS118; 12th July 2019 at 10:54. Reason: I can't spell - or at least auto-correct can't

  18. #18
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    It’s a lot more accurate - whether that makes it worth it is down to personal choice; but I think it is


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I actually picked up my first watch with a Sellita movement in it yesterday - a SW260-1 (so its not the same as the Isotope what has the SW200-1)

    After 24 hours that watch has gained just 1 second.

    Really glad I ordered the Sellita Movement in the Isotope 🙂

  19. #19
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    43
    So I ordered the blue with the Selitta, but there has been an error and I’ve only been charged for the Seiko movement. Apparently there was an issue that day and they received 30 emails about the issue.

    Hopefully it is sorted and I can pay the difference before release. First test of their customer service I guess. Fingers crossed!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by The Journey View Post
    So I ordered the blue with the Selitta, but there has been an error and I’ve only been charged for the Seiko movement. Apparently there was an issue that day and they received 30 emails about the issue.

    Hopefully it is sorted and I can pay the difference before release. First test of their customer service I guess. Fingers crossed!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you e-mailed them about this.

    I nearly did the same thing - as the 'default' watch was the Orange N35 and that kept getting added to the Cart no matter what you did. Luckily I realised and never hot the 'Buy' button until it was sorted out.

    However, if you did I'd recommend you contact them so you don't get the wrong one

  21. #21
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    43

    Isotope Watches - Goutte d’Eau dive watch

    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Have you e-mailed them about this.

    I nearly did the same thing - as the 'default' watch was the Orange N35 and that kept getting added to the Cart no matter what you did. Luckily I realised and never hot the 'Buy' button until it was sorted out.

    However, if you did I'd recommend you contact them so you don't get the wrong one
    Hi,

    Yes I did, and to be fair they did reply saying the issue was resolved and they would manually look through orders placed that day. I just made further contact to let me know when to make the further payment.

    Obviously the watch won’t be shipped for a while, so should be plenty time to sort it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •