closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster After Long Wait

Apprentice

Speedmaster After Long Wait

So after waiting for three months with one seller I decided to ask for my deposit back. Went to another and my watch arrived in three days! Can’t live with regrets but I do wish I’d have acted earlier!

What can I say about the watch? It’s amazing. Omega have done a great job of presenting their famous piece which makes you feel like you’ve purchased something very special. I know that the box/case will end up in a cupboard but it really does add that extra something when the watch arrived.

It’s probably been said before but the watch wears smaller than its dimensions in my opinion. I’ve gone for Hesalite as it just feels right for this watch. I know I’m not going to space any time soon but I always put Hesalite and Speedys together. Here’s to many years enjoyment of this beautiful timeless piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    How can you go wrong?! Immaculate.

Master
    As a relatively new Speedy owner too, I too can’t get me head around why it took me so long to buy one! Enjoy the inevitable strap sourcing and swapping that goes with Speedy ownership!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ash.bez View Post
    It’s probably been said before but the watch wears smaller than its dimensions in my opinion.
    I'd agree with that - on my wrist it wears much better than the 42mm diameter & 14.3mm thickness might otherwise suggest. The curved lugs, domed hesalite, asymmetric case, bezel & different aspects to the side-profile really help it wear very nicely.

A classic, handsome watch - enjoy.

Not jealous at all.

A cracking watch, probably my next one. Enjoy.

Master
    The reason it wears smaller is because it is basically smaller than the quoted dimensions suggest. The Pro case is pretty much the original 50s/60s straight lug case with pusher and crown protection added then a balancing ridge added to the opposite side for symmetry, the dial is exactly the same size. On the original watch the widest point was the bezel, originally in all steel at 38mm then in steel with black inlay at 39mm. When they added the side bumpers, those became the widest point at 41-42mm, though the bezel remains at 39mm. The current Pro is in effect a 39mm watch that put on a bit of timber, hence it wears like one.
    Last edited by Padders; 14th June 2019 at 13:54.

Craftsman
    You have excellent taste. I am surprised you struggled to get hold of one though - they seemed plentiful stock-wise when I was buying a couple of months ago.

Enjoy.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkJS View Post
    You have excellent taste. I am surprised you struggled to get hold of one though - they seemed plentiful stock-wise when I was buying a couple of months ago.

Enjoy.
    I think I just chose the wrong seller initially. The guys who did sell me the watch (Watch Philosophy) were amazing. Just goes to show that you can’t go on online reviews alone.

Apprentice
    In my opinion, it's one of the best watches ever.
    Well done. Congratulations!

Craftsman
    They are special and on my list ...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by mb-eng View Post
    In my opinion, it's one of the best watches ever.
    Well done. Congratulations!
    So much history behind it. I’ve never understory d people who say that Omega over uses the ‘first watch on the moon’. Arguably mans greatest achievement, something definitely to shout about. Oh and the watch looks amazing too!

Congratulations, I love mine and need to wear it more. Having said that I wore it last weekend and as usual enjoyed it as it's such a well thought out watch and easy to read.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

This is a watch that I longingly stare at and have on more than one occasion nearly responded to one in SC, maybe one day

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    The reason it wears smaller is because it is basically smaller than the quoted dimensions suggest. The Pro case is pretty much the original 50s/60s straight lug case with pusher and crown protection added then a balancing ridge added to the opposite side for symmetry, the dial is exactly the same size. On the original watch the widest point was the bezel, originally in all steel at 38mm then in steel with black inlay at 39mm. When they added the side bumpers, those became the widest point at 41-42mm, though the bezel remains at 39mm. The current Pro is in effect a 39mm watch that put on a bit of timber, hence it wears like one.
    That is an intetesting approach/explanation, but absolutely right.
    Although most of us knows how the Speedmaster evolved it’s not obvious for the first blink that the bezel and dial remains the size of a 39mm watch. For example diver watches often have their widest diameter at the bezel. And it’s easy to understand why.
    However the Speedy wears smaller than its size would suggest and I can confirm it sits pretty well even on my 6,75” wrist.

Fantastic! Enjoy your new watch in good health.

Craftsman
    a very handsome one indeed. congrats!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Beautiful watch. I love my speedy pro. It’s just an iconic watch that’s been unchanged externally since the late 1950s

Blog Entries
    Great year to buy one too!

This Speedy Pro is an excellent choice Sir! Some of the OEM NATO’s are really worth looking at - expensive but quality products.

Martyn.

Craftsman
    Congrats, you won't regret it!

Craftsman
    Classic watch !
    Quote Originally Posted by ash.bez View Post
    So after waiting for three months with one seller I decided to ask for my deposit back. Went to another and my watch arrived in three days! Can’t live with regrets but I do wish I’d have acted earlier!

What can I say about the watch? It’s amazing. Omega have done a great job of presenting their famous piece which makes you feel like you’ve purchased something very special. I know that the box/case will end up in a cupboard but it really does add that extra something when the watch arrived.

It’s probably been said before but the watch wears smaller than its dimensions in my opinion. I’ve gone for Hesalite as it just feels right for this watch. I know I’m not going to space any time soon but I always put Hesalite and Speedys together. Here’s to many years enjoyment of this beautiful timeless piece.

Congratulations on your purchase! An iconic watch.

Congrats, I bought the same watch to celebrate my 30th birthday last year!

Congratulations! Really tempted by one of these...

Apprentice
    Lovely watch. Congrats!

Master
    I regret selling mine 😢. Will own another at some point though. The only negative for me is the WR rating.

Craftsman
    Sublime, only had an X33 gen 2 but that is reigniting my interest, lovely watch !