closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newmark 71 Launch

Argh! I missed the postie attempting to deliver mine today. Just one more day to go then... keeping abreast of this thread is keeping my interest very high indeed! Can’t wait to get it on my wrist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris W View Post

...........Seems to punch well above its price - great work Ewan........

Yes, I must admit I thought the same.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    Argh! I missed the postie attempting to deliver mine today. Just one more day to go then... keeping abreast of this thread is keeping my interest very high indeed! Can’t wait to get it on my wrist.

Did the same almost! Saw the postie on the cctv just as we drove down the road, but by the time we got there she'd gone. Dropped the missus off and drove down the village to see if I could find her. Caught up with her as she had stopped a little way down the road. "Oh hi" says she, "I was just going to call in on the way back to see if you were home, it must be important if you followed me!"
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Did the same almost! Saw the postie on the cctv just as we drove down the road, but by the time we got there she'd gone. Dropped the missus off and drove down the village to see if I could find her. Caught up with her as she had stopped a little way down the road. "Oh hi" says she, "I was just going to call in on the way back to see if you were home, it must be important if you followed me!"
    We've all been there OOK.

I have to say, I'm really enjoying the 71 - I've found the bracelet excellent, albeit a bit fiddly to re-size because of all the articulated parts, and it's horribly easy to cross-thread the screws but other than that it's really comfortable, has a good range of micro-adjustments and it suits the overall aesthetic of the watch to a tee. I'm even finding the 12-hour bezel useful as I'm doing a lot with a team in NYC at the moment. Any excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    Seems to be my take on it. I need to send a watch back for additional regulation, so will send the newmark at the same time to get the blue bezel fitted. I wouldn't have orded spares if I knew it meant sending it off every time.
    Someone over on CWF posted this:

I ordered a spare bezel as these are a very small run (300 in total) and spare’s are limited, but the bezels can only be fitted once so unlike on a Rolex GMT master for instance you won’t be able to swap between bezels as you destroy the insert to get underneath it to be able to get the bezel off 

Which begs the question, why is it made like this and why did he take money off everyone for spare bezels they can never fit?

As an aside, mine arrived today so looking forward to having a look later.

Hi

It's the bezel inserts that can only be fitted once. Once the bezel insert is fitted to the bezel then the whole thing can be swapped. The bezel insert does not need to be removed to remove the bezel. Hope this clears things up.

Best wishes

Ewan

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Someone over on CWF posted this:

I ordered a spare bezel as these are a very small run (300 in total) and spare’s are limited, but the bezels can only be fitted once so unlike on a Rolex GMT master for instance you won’t be able to swap between bezels as you destroy the insert to get underneath it to be able to get the bezel off 

Which begs the question, why is it made like this and why did he take money off everyone for spare bezels they can never fit?

As an aside, mine arrived today so looking forward to having a look later.

Quote Originally Posted by ewan.w View Post
    Hi

It's the bezel inserts that can only be fitted once. Once the bezel insert is fitted to the bezel then the whole thing can be swapped. The bezel insert does not need to be removed to remove the bezel. Hope this clears things up.

Best wishes

Ewan
    Thanks for clearing that up Ewan.

Master
    Mine just arrived today and very pleased with it - now sitting on the Tropic strap

Master
    Thanks for clearing that up Ewan.
    As Ewan has said. In the package the bezel and the insert are 2 separate items. Once you, or your watch maker get the old bezel off, you install the new bezel, and then similar to a rolex, you then align and fit the insert. Only on the newmark the insert is not pressure fit, but secured with an adhesive, so you better align it right first time. Still a shame it is not easily done at home as had been the reason for buying.

As Ewan has said. In the package the bezel and the insert are 2 separate items. Once you, or your watch maker get the old bezel off, you install the new bezel, and then similar to a rolex, you then align and fit the insert. Only on the newmark the insert is not pressure fit, but secured with an adhesive, so you better align it right first time. Still a shame it is not easily done at home as had been the reason for buying.
    I hadn't even looked at the bezels yet. So they're not complete bezels? That's even worse. None of that was made clear, ever.

These look fantastic. I was tempted by a blue dial/bezel on bracelet and now wonder if I should have just done it. The bracelet looks particularly impressive.

Newmark 71 Launch

I hadn't even looked at the bezels yet. So they're not complete bezels? That's even worse. None of that was made clear, ever.
    They are complete bezels, I don’t understand the issue. All bezel assemblies comprise the bezel itself, the insert, springs etc. There are reasons why these parts don’t come already attached to each other.

Hi

I'm uncertain as to the confusion here. It is a complete bezel.

The spare bezels come complete with a metal bezel, a bezel insert, a bezel retaining spring and 3 x bearings. Thus, after removal of the existing bezel and bearings (if necessary the new components are fitted as follows:

New bearings fitted to watch case

Bezel retaining spring fitted to new bezel

New bezel fitted to watch head

Finally, new bezel insert fitted to bezel

Hopefully that clears it up.

Many thanks

Ewan

Blown! Away!

My crappy iPhone photos just can’t do the watch justice. Absolutely lovely and way better than I expected. It seems like Ewan and family have had a tough time recently, so a huge thanks for the effort involved in the whole project. As a simple chap who just likes watches, I can’t imagine ever being able to do anything similar myself, so you have my upmost respect. Thanks once again.

As for the bezel business, my hands are somewhat rubbish, so like the bracelet resize, I’ll be off to my friendly local jeweller, who knows the limits of my capabilities () to do the honours if and when I’m ready. Otherwise I predict a major disaster and a ruined watch. Which would be a huge shame!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ewan.w View Post
    Hi

I'm uncertain as to the confusion here. It is a complete bezel.

The spare bezels come complete with a metal bezel, a bezel insert, a bezel retaining spring and 3 x bearings. Thus, after removal of the existing bezel and bearings (if necessary the new components are fitted as follows:

New bearings fitted to watch case

Bezel retaining spring fitted to new bezel

New bezel fitted to watch head

Finally, new bezel insert fitted to bezel

Hopefully that clears it up.

Many thanks

Ewan
    Thanks Ewan, it's obviously my naivety causing confusion.

I was expecting assembled bezels so I could 'pop on, pop off' at will. I have done this with Vostoks many times but these are frictionless so the insert can be applied before fitting. A friction bezel clearly needs the insert lining up after the bezel is in place.

Apologies for my misunderstanding. Lesson learned

BTW The watch is an absolute peach and the bracelet a work of art

Despite my bezel bumblings, I'm very happy with the watch

Unblievable quality for the price.

Despite my bezel bumblings, I'm very happy with the watch

Unblievable quality for the price.
    I wasn't that bothered by the blue face but that silver is very nice. It has a strangely 1970s look to it in my eyes. I like it a lot.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    I'm currently on +1s a day. Very impressed!

I'm currently on +1s a day. Very impressed!
    Same here. Non too shabby.

Master
    Same here. Non too shabby.
    As disappointed as I am with the bezel situation, overall I'm just I am just impressed. Keeping amazing time, and while the silver dial understandably leads to poor visibility at dusk, the lume is astonishing at night. My SMP has always been my designated beater, but this is looking to replace that in practical terms.

Mine is losing 7 seconds a day on the wrist. Not a tragedy but I want plus 1 like the others. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Loquacious View Post
    Mine is losing 7 seconds a day on the wrist. Not a tragedy but I want plus 1 like the others. :(
    Does it gain dial-up overnight?

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post
    Does it gain dial-up overnight?
    Don't know, not taken it off yet! Tell a lie, I took it off and put it in the watch box for a day when a Breitling turned up, it lost a lot more then. It was dial up come to think of it. I think it must be me as nearly all of my watches lose time, maybe because I'm old and lazy :)

It is getting better: now losing about 5 seconds a day worn.

It says something that I am still wearing this non-stop when there is a watch box FULL of other watches and just about all of them many multiples of this one's price. I love it, current favourite watch by a margin, just feels soooooo comfortable on the wrist and I love the dial: it changes in the sunshine (which we had today) into a vibrant multi-hued delight.

There I go again getting all poetic :)

Master
    Mine has averaged +0.72 secs per day.

I’m leaving it crown up over night

In case it's been missed, this classy example is currently up for grabs along with a Newmark 6BB and some other goodies. All in support of Samaritans and CLIC Sargent.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...uto-and-Straps

Master
    Managed to get the last blue with date, a great watch at this price. Thanks Ewan.