closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Seamaster 42mm

Omega Seamaster 42mm

I have become a big fan of this model from Omega. It is just a beautiful, beautiful watch.
    Wonderfully finished, perfectly proportioned and an excellent movement. May not have the same cache as a Rolex Sub but certainly a very viable alternative. What prevents it from being perfect is the skeleton hands. Would have preferred the sword hands of the earlier Seamasters. Have it currently on a strap but the bracelet is also excellent quality. Omega has certainly upped its game in last five years or so. Too bad the brand value is being diluted by too many models and versions.
    A couple of gratuitous pics.

Nice pics! As fabulous as this watch is, the clasp on the bracelet is a bit of a nightmare. It is absolutely massive! I think Nato is the way forward!

Blog Entries
    Totally agree. This is my 43.3mm in a gratuitous pic! This one is on OEM rubber which works very well indeed

Martyn

Agreed OP. I have a blue dialled SS one and it is a brilliant watch. Bracelet is great but on the blue stock rubber it‘s almost perfect. Anyone on the fence should take a closer look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    What strap is that , looks awesome

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    Agreed OP. I have a blue dialled SS one and it is a brilliant watch. Bracelet is great but on the blue stock rubber it‘s almost perfect. Anyone on the fence should take a closer look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Couldn’t agree more

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I prefer the earlier versions personally, the current ceramic model has lost a lot of the detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Liner33 View Post
    What strap is that , looks awesome
    I am not sure but feels like Bulang and Sons from the softness, suppleness and quality. IMO, no treats leather with more respect than B & S.

Master
    Certainly looks a fantastic watch.
    Ryan has suggested I believe, over in the Far East markets its seen very much as the viable alternative to the Sub. I reckon this is the first SMP I’d buy again whilst still owning a 2254.50
    I’ll say this to I’m blue in the face but the most constantly worn “Good Watch” I seen worn on the commute to London is a Seamaster SMP. So if that is replicated elsewhere I doubt Omega are too worried about comparison to a Sub.
    One other point I’d make is the sheer variety of models makes Omega fun. Always been that way. Do you want a dive watch Sir? Well we’ve got a Ploprof a baby Ploprof , another one with a Pilot case. This one we call the Banana! You know what I mean..

Blog Entries
    Agree with the skeleton hands being the main downside on these. It’s the only thing that knocks it behind my Exp2.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Journeyman
    Stunning watch this in blue and black

Journeyman
    I have been sorely tempted to pick one up for some time now. Things holding me back (after several try ons.

1. I wish they were a tad smaller, say 40mm and thinner.

2. I wish the bracelet was less blingy, and was tapered. Old speedy bracelets are so elegant in comparison.

I could happily wear on rubber and enjoy the larger size as a casual sports piece but then it wouldn't compete alongside a Sub as a daily piece IMO.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    I picked up the silver dial version on blue rubber strap from Ryan a few weeks ago and have barely worn anything since, it's just superb!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammers23 View Post

2. I wish the bracelet was less blingy, and was tapered. Old speedy bracelets are so elegant in comparison.
    That's what stopped me buying one!

Master
    That is a good looking watch, but I do prefer the arrow hands from the Planet Ocean.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    That's what stopped me buying one!
    Your choice of course but why not buy one on the bracelet and negotiate a rubber strap.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    I picked up the silver dial version on blue rubber strap from Ryan a few weeks ago and have barely worn anything since, it's just superb!
    I'm surprised you've not been arrested

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    I'm surprised you've not been arrested
    This is why a UK watch forum is more fun :-)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Master
    Lovely watch. I like the blue SMP a lot and currently find myself looking at older ones and the bank balance. The new model seems very nice.

I'd love omega to try a 39-40mm case size for it too.