closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BLNR jubilee at WF

Craftsman

BLNR jubilee at WF

Someone did not bond with their new Jubilee BLNR and decided to kindly sell it to WF, who are now generously offering someone else the opportunity to own if you can stump up the £19k.

With the discontinuation of the BLNR oyster option and the subsequent secondary dealers inflating their prices further, there does seem to be quite a few around not shifting at these prices, maybe there is a limit to what buyers will pay for a steel mass produced Watch.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    and the subsequent secondary dealers inflating their prices further, there does seem to be quite a few around not shifting at these prices, maybe there is a limit to what buyers will pay for a steel mass produced Watch.
    Can we just be straight on that, dealers don’t overinflated prices those who chose to sell them do, my margins the same if its £19k or £8k. Sadly sellers demand strong money and its not your mainstream dealers fuelling the rises its pocket traders and collectors.
    RIAC

Yep, it's the flippers going around to 100 dealers and going with the one which gives them the most money causing this.

Shocked the BLNR on jubilee is trading so high as the oyster bracelet suits it more imo. Below is the only reason the BLNR is on jubilee anyway. Taken from https://api.watchville.co/v2/posts/43178/click

"When Rolex introduced their latest, the GMT-Master II 126710BNLR (Batman), they also communicated that from now on, all stainless steel Rolex GMT-Master models will*only*be made available with the Jubilee bracelet."

Master
    i agree the jubilee does nothing for the BLNR

Baffling stuff

You'd expect the person who has enough spare cash to drop 19k on a jubilee blnr to have an existing relationship with an AD so therefore should not have to pay the silly premium. But no. They're happy to pay the money

Each to their own. If they can afford it, why not.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    my margins the same if its £19k or £8k.

You mean in £ or %? Would have thought the £ margin would increase with the price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowdon View Post
    Baffling stuff

You'd expect the person who has enough spare cash to drop 19k on a jubilee blnr to have an existing relationship with an AD so therefore should not have to pay the silly premium. But no. They're happy to pay the money

Each to their own. If they can afford it, why not.
    Exactly! You could drop £10,000 on some jewellery you didn't want and ask for the watch at list - still in profit!

BLNR jubilee at WF

Deleted
    Last edited by Dave+63; 18th June 2019 at 15:27. Reason: Not important

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Can we just be straight on that, dealers don’t overinflated prices those who chose to sell them do, my margins the same if its £19k or £8k. Sadly sellers demand strong money and its not your mainstream dealers fuelling the rises its pocket traders and collectors.
    I get the point about your margins, but I've yet to ever sell a watch or car to a dealer where my demands/hopes are met. Must be my bad luck, but whenever I have something to sell the dealer has a host of reasons to bid me low. It is the dealers who know the buyers and what the market will take and therefore they set their buy prices, not the flippers.

I’m probably missing the point here, but is this really worth £9k more than the 2016 116710LN situated just below it? You’re essentially getting a watch with half a different-coloured bezel and a less nice, girly bracelet. Whilst I do understand these things are important to your average WIS and that the BLNR is flavour of the month, come on, will someone please try to explain the £9k price difference, even at WF’s mega-inflated prices??! 🤨

Craftsman
    Disgraceful really, let’s continue to support this forum, I have bought a number of vintage Rolex watches here and have always met with courtesy, honesty and transparency.QUOTE=Flasher;5127038]Someone did not bond with their new Jubilee BLNR and decided to kindly sell it to WF, who are now generously offering someone else the opportunity to own if you can stump up the £19k.

With the discontinuation of the BLNR oyster option and the subsequent secondary dealers inflating their prices further, there does seem to be quite a few around not shifting at these prices, maybe there is a limit to what buyers will pay for a steel mass produced Watch.[/QUOTE]

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by WHL1882 View Post
    I’m probably missing the point here, but is this really worth £9k more than the 2016 116710LN situated just below it? You’re essentially getting a watch with half a different-coloured bezel and a less nice, girly bracelet.
    A less nice girly bracelet - chortle

Master
    I can never understand the prices being commanded on watches that are still in production, it makes no sense to me what so ever, it’s the ones that aren’t made any more people should be hot for

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    I can never understand the prices being commanded on watches that are still in production, it makes no sense to me what so ever, it’s the ones that aren’t made any more people should be hot for
    An enormous dose of FOMO and impatience, in turn being driven by the theory that Rolex's future strategy is to maintain scarcity of SS professional models so as to upsell to higher margin bi-colour Datejusts. Whether the theory is accurate or not nobody knows

Master
    You could look at it this way; most of us lose money when changing watches (well, I do!) . If the occasional chance comes up to claw back some of that loss, why not? I can’t see people getting rich flipping watches.
    Would I pay that?
    Never.

Blog Entries
    I’m bored with threads like this. That is my only comment.

Master
    Out of interest I got a quote, the generous chaps at WF offered me £12k for my new Jubilee BLNR.

^^^ that suggests a handsome margin then (for WF I mean!)

Blog Entries
    ^^ so dealers do inflate prices then.

The new BLNR with jubilee retails for USD $9250. Personally, I would not a single penny over that for that piece.

These fueled gray market and speculators prices are ridiculous. The bubble can’t burst soon enough.

Quite frankly prefer the 43mil 126600 Sea Dweller over any of these multicolored GMTs...

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    I get the point about your margins, but I've yet to ever sell a watch or car to a dealer where my demands/hopes are met. Must be my bad luck, but whenever I have something to sell the dealer has a host of reasons to bid me low. It is the dealers who know the buyers and what the market will take and therefore they set their buy prices, not the flippers.
    Nope. Untrue.
    GMT jubilees offered at 15k by AD buyers.
    15k cost. £16k to the trade 17k to public.
    When you're running a business and factor in overheads the profits on sports Rolex are slim compared to other brands that can be bought at half price.

BLNR jubilee at WF

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Below is the only reason the BLNR is on jubilee anyway. Taken from https://api.watchville.co/v2/posts/43178/click

"When Rolex introduced their latest, the GMT-Master II 126710BNLR (Batman), they also communicated that from now on, all stainless steel Rolex GMT-Master models will*only*be made available with the Jubilee bracelet."
    I’m not so sure it does... we could easily see the LN return on an Oyster (with the new movement)... may also see current Pepsi and BLNR models offered with an Oyster at some point.

Whilst demand is this high and supply this low, I don’t think the option will be there, but I can see it coming about in the mid-term.
    Last edited by Dark Side of The Loon; 20th June 2019 at 21:31.

Craftsman

Margins

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Nope. Untrue.
    GMT jubilees offered at 15k by AD buyers.
    15k cost. £16k to the trade 17k to public.
    When you're running a business and factor in overheads the profits on sports Rolex are slim compared to other brands that can be bought at half price.

Zenith Daytona box and Rolex service, offer from dealers £9500-£10000 on a watch they sell for close to 20k. 1680 box and Rolex service, offer from dealers £5k on a Watch they sell for £10k minimum. Just two examples from past 6 months.

Maybe not all dealers are taking as slim a profit as you state.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Maybe you're over valuing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasher View Post
    Zenith Daytona box and Rolex service, offer from dealers £9500-£10000 on a watch they sell for close to 20k. 1680 box and Rolex service, offer from dealers £5k on a Watch they sell for £10k minimum. Just two examples from past 6 months.

Maybe not all dealers are taking as slim a profit as you state.
    Ahem Rolex Daytona (Zenith Inverted 6) £31,995.00