closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Villain post?

Villain post?

Hi folks

I’m tempted to leave a villain post for a member who arranged to come and view/buy a watch from me. I rearranged my week around to be free for 7pm.

No activity until 8ish when I send a message to ask where he is. No reply until 9ish saying ‘oh I totally forgot can we do tomorrow’

No money changed hands but in my view that was a waste of an evening, I got everything out ready and just feel a quick message would have been polite. The said user logged on here at just after 7pm so it’s unlikely they completely forgot, especially as we only confirmed it perhaps the day before.

Asked if the guy could meet last week and lo and behold he’s ‘spent too much money and can no longer afford it’. Funny, that.

Anyway - just venting I suppose.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Hi folks

I’m tempted to leave a villain post for a member who arranged to come and view/buy a watch from me. I rearranged my week around to be free for 7pm.

No activity until 8ish when I send a message to ask where he is. No reply until 9ish saying ‘oh I totally forgot can we do tomorrow’

No money changed hands but in my view that was a waste of an evening, I got everything out ready and just feel a quick message would have been polite. The said user logged on here at just after 7pm so it’s unlikely they completely forgot, especially as we only confirmed it perhaps the day before.

Asked if the guy could meet last week and lo and behold he’s ‘spent too much money and can no longer afford it’. Funny, that.

Poor form on behalf of the other guy.

Thumbs down from me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Hi folks

Rather like some asking for info and pics etc etc and not bothering to reply!.

Why even bother asking at all!.

Post it as “time waster” instead of villain and then let him have his say.
    That way we all get both sides and can draw our own conclusions.

Personally I like to know which 'tyre kickers' to avoid, feel free to PM me.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    There really is no other side - I deleted our WhatsApp messages so the times are approximate but pretty accurate. No reason given, obviously I’d understand if there was some ‘emergency’ etc and I know we all have lots going on and mistakes happen but just poor form all round IMO. God knows my memory is far from infallible but it left me wondering how this guy finds his own house

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Yes I thought ‘villain’ too strong but time waster definitely.

Time waster for sure . It takes couple of sec to reply . Maybe he forgot he had whatsapp

I don’t know about anyone else but if I’m going to buy a new watch the following evening I’m highly unlikely to think about anything else for the next 24hrs

I don’t know about anyone else but if I’m going to buy a new watch the following evening I’m highly unlikely to think about anything else for the next 24hrs
    Indeed. Lame excuse.

Journeyman
    Tyre kickers exist the world over

Not 'villainous' behaviour but certainly a time wasting exercise IMHO.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

To forget the appointment is annoying, but can be excused. To be followed by a reversal out of the deal... sounds like poor form alright.

Blog Entries
    Poor form and inconvenience but surely not a villain post

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Poor form and inconvenience but surely not a villain post

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Agreed - I said above that it’s not villainous behaviour but annoying all the same.

Master
    Ignorant and selfish behaviour. Half villain.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    That sort of stuff happens. Just move on, don’t deal with him again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    That sort of stuff happens. Just move on, don’t deal with him again.
    I wouldn’t want to deal with that person, either. That’s why a name would be helpful.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes life gets in the way, annoying I know but it happens. Let it go, it's just making it worse for you.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Inform him you have written a negative post and let's see if he turns up to defend his honour.

Ps temporary amnesia is very common nower days, apparently a financial transaction is a common symptom of it.

You don't have to decide on a label to attach to him, like villain or whatever, you can simply state the facts:

Bloke A - didn't do what he said he would

Made appointment, didn't show

Those who would be happy to shrug it off can ignore your post; those who would be keen to avoid dealing with such a person can take note.

Your evidence is the important bit, not some judgement.

The whole point of Heroes and Villains is to leave feedback for the assistance of others who may deal with the person in question.

Their behaviour is certainly not villainous, but it is still worthy of note IMHO. Even if the post was titled 'make your own mind up' and simply stated the facts as you see them, it would be better than leaving no feedback at all.

Blog Entries
    Let’s be honest, this is pretty bad behaviour! If you arrange a meet with another TZ’r or anyone else for that matter, to fail to turn up and just announce afterwards that you ‘forgot’ is quite disgraceful.

Sometimes you genuinely cannot make a meet but to just ‘fail to show’ with no communication, is appallingly inconsiderate imho.
    Last edited by KavKav; 18th June 2019 at 07:52.

Villain is a bit harsh, time waster fine! No excuse for lack of common courtesy in my book.

As said before it’s not a villain post but you should post your experience and let others make up their mind if they will choose to deal with them or not in future.
    It will also allow the other party to defend their actions.
    Not following up with an agreement is pretty cr@ppy thing to do in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    You don't have to decide on a label to attach to him, like villain or whatever, you can simply state the facts:

Bloke A - didn't do what he said he would

Made appointment, didn't show

Those who would be happy to shrug it off can ignore your post; those who would be keen to avoid dealing with such a person can take note.

Your evidence is the important bit, not some judgement.
    Too sensible.

Once they are named loads of others will chime in with their own unrelated experiences.

Craftsman
    Not in the spirit of the forum, he knows who he is and I suspect he won’t do it again 😒
    Hi folks

Quote Originally Posted by browjam View Post
    Not in the spirit of the forum, he knows who he is and I suspect he won’t do it again 

If you are going to waste a load of someone's time then a watch forum is not perhaps the best place to do it. Numpty
    Gray

Craftsman
    Time wasters exist in all works of life there just rude selfish people
    He probably just changed his mind but didn’t have the guts to tell you
    until you chased him

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Not turning up at your house when arranged is not on and bad form, but had it been to meet somewhere with yourself putting in the effort to drive there then that in my mind would constitute a villain thread.
    As has been said, someone else might deal with this person and it’s only fair they know what they are getting into..

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    ...had it been to meet somewhere with yourself putting in the effort to drive there then that in my mind would constitute a villain thread.

Or, like the member here (can't remember who it was) who flew to Dublin only to find the other party decided not to show up.

Master
    While frustrating for the OP I can think of a number of reasons why I would cancel an appointment and not wish to share the reasons with a stranger or internet forum.
    Personally if I were the one breaking the appointment I'd be profusely apologetic however, again, it would depend on the circumstances as to how high up my priority list this was.

All that said, there is the other side of the coin that has been discussed endlessly already where the guilty party is just an ignoramus or tyre kicker in which case they would deserve outing to save others the bother.

I used to be very active on certain hifi forums and the number of times I had people not show up when they arranged to when buying kit was unbelievable. The most bizarre was when someone traveled 50+ miles only to turn back within 2 or 3 miles of my house because my very rough guide of how to get to my place did not exactly match what their sat nav was telling them. A strange rambling phone call then ensued where the person simultaneously tried to arrange another viewing while insulting me and accusing me of possibly being a human trafficker intent on violating the sanctity of their bottom because i was sending him somewhere he didn't know. In the end I hung up and blocked the fellow on phone and forums.

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    While frustrating for the OP I can think of a number of reasons why I would cancel an appointment and not wish to share the reasons with a stranger or internet forum.
    Personally if I were the one breaking the appointment I'd be profusely apologetic however, again, it would depend on the circumstances as to how high up my priority list this was.

All that said, there is the other side of the coin that has been discussed endlessly already where the guilty party is just an ignoramus or tyre kicker in which case they would deserve outing to save others the bother.

I used to be very active on certain hifi forums and the number of times I had people not show up when they arranged to when buying kit was unbelievable. The most bizarre was when someone traveled 50+ miles only to turn back within 2 or 3 miles of my house because my very rough guide of how to get to my place did not exactly match what their sat nav was telling them. A strange rambling phone call then ensued where the person simultaneously tried to arrange another viewing while insulting me and accusing me of possibly being a human trafficker intent on violating the sanctity of their bottom because i was sending him somewhere he didn't know. In the end I hung up and blocked the fellow on phone and forums.
    Valid points but in this case the buyer didn't cancel they just didn't turn up! Massive difference

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    . tried to arrange another viewing while insulting me and accusing me of possibly being a human trafficker intent on violating the sanctity of their bottom because i was sending him somewhere he didn't know.
    And was this your real reason? :-P

Craftsman
    still relatively new in this community so I may not know some of the rules/yardsticks.. Just wondering what then constitutes villainous behaviour? Only if a fake was delivered?

Hero vs Villain, these are just 2 sides of the rating scale, much like saying positive/negative. If the person doesn't keep to his part of the bargain, why not just simply rate as negative experience, i.e. Villain? After all, when we complete our part of a deal simply as expected, we do get rated as heroes. Have we really gone out of the way to deserve Hero? IMHO, Masking a negative rating compromises the effectiveness of the scale.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pitchforks out and burn him with fire..

H&V seems like a decent place to discuss it. Raise the topic, post your experience. Anyone curious who sees "villain" next to the name is sure to read through and get the first-person account from both sides and can make up their own mind.

Its maybe a far cry from a "villain", but I think a name and the experience (with maybe the follow up from their side) is valuable to anyone potentially selling to them. I know I would.

Ok folks I’ve just posted it. The user in question was Vortex89.

Be careful out there :)