closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Source for a Flightmaster Crystal gasket?

Source for a Flightmaster Crystal gasket?

As above
    Does anyone know of a source for a crystal gasket for 910 flightmaster?
    I want to change the crystal but I can’t seem to find the correct gasket
    Thanks in advance
    John

Nobody?
    🥴

You can buy a genuine crystal plus gasket here but I don't know anyone selling just the gasket, however it is just a large diameter o-ring so measure the cross section of the old one (0.8mm from memory) and order a new one of the correct diameter (inner ø35mm, outer ø36.6mm, again from memory so I could be mistaken).

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    You can buy a genuine crystal plus gasket here but I don't know anyone selling just the gasket, however it is just a large diameter o-ring so measure the cross section of the old one (0.8mm from memory) and order a new one of the correct diameter (inner ø35mm, outer ø36.6mm, again from memory so I could be mistaken).
    I've seen mention elsewhere that some had square and some round cross-section, is that possible/likely?

You can buy a genuine crystal plus gasket Ihere but I don't know anyone selling just the gasket, however it is just a large diameter o-ring so measure the cross section of the old one (0.8mm from memory) and order a new one of the correct diameter (inner ø35mm, outer ø36.6mm, again from memory so I could be mistaken).
    Good point!
    Will try that
    Thanks for the link to the crystal might buy a spare! - edit - done
    I now have a spare. I will also buy a generic o- ring to try.
    Thanks for the tips
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 20th June 2019 at 12:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I've seen mention elsewhere that some had square and some round cross-section, is that possible/likely?
    I've changed a few of these type of crystals on various Omegas and I've only ever come across nitrile o-rings being used. I haven't heard of square section nitrile gaskets being used (and I can think of a few drawbacks) but in the world of vintage watches anything is possible I suppose!

Thanks for the suggestion Duncan
    I
    New crystal and gasket installed and it’s brought it back to its former glory.