closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Momo Diver - Crystal Replacement

Apprentice

Momo Diver - Crystal Replacement

Hi,

I have a Momo Divers as my everyday watch, its about 12 years old and has been faultless, once they sorted the bonding of the rubber strap. Pretty much the only time I take it off is for airport security & I managed to let it fall onto ceramic tiles at an airport recently, chipping and cracking the crystal, it still works perfectly and is still showerproof (I haven't risked swimming with it). I'm not sure if you can still get crystals for the Momos (this one is flat and approximately 37mm OD). Would be interested in hearing from anyone that can definitely do this repair, otherwise it's not worth opening the watch whilst it still functions ok.

...seeing that the range of price is +/- £200-1000, it would be good to know what you are ready to spend! Is it a Sapphire or mineral glass?

Apprentice
    It cost me around €300 back then, It shouldn't cost a fortune to repair as long as someone can get hold of a crystal, I think it's probably mineral glass. I'm not prepared to get a glass made though, the watch simply isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by armstrongracer View Post
    It cost me around €300 back then, It shouldn't cost a fortune to repair as long as someone can get hold of a crystal, I think it's probably mineral glass. I'm not prepared to get a glass made though, the watch simply isn't worth it.
    If it's a standard size mineral then about £50 including fitting should see it right. Try a few independent watch repair shops.

I don't know any in Ireland I'm afraid.

Apprentice
    Cheers, I'd send it to UK, I'm there for work a lot & have siblings there so it's straight forward for shipping and receiving.