closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What scam is this?

What scam is this?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tudor-GMT...sAAOSw5R5dBods

Looks real. Are they copying these now?

Reported as a fake. Hopefully should save someone wasting their money.

It clearly states that it is a homage...

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Well it clearly isn't as it can be clearly seen that it has Tudor on the face and box. The blatantly ineffective obscuring of the 'Tudor' logo is a ruse to sell a fake watch. The box looks real but not correct for this model.

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/...black-bay-gmt/
    Last edited by Harry Smith; 17th June 2019 at 01:41.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Some eBay listers say "homage" when they list fakes as if that makes it OK. The fact that this numpty has "Tudor" in the title and description whilst blanking out the name in the images tells you all you need to know.

Master
    Whilst I agree it’s not cricket, it’s not a scam. It clearly states it’s a ‘homage’ and assume is of a price someone might expect to pay for one? It’s not like they’re trying to pull the wool over anyone’s eyes pretending it’s a genuine watch and advertising it for £2500, that would be a scam.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It’s a fake there is no debate.

Journeyman
    It's not a scam. Look at the price it's being advertised at and it's mentioned in the description.

The price should give it away even if there was nothing in the description

Sent from my SM-G965F using TZ-UK mobile app

While they're not trying to sell this at "list price", it still does not qualify as a "homage" as these watches do NOT have the original brand name on the dial !

I wonder how much money eBay, Gumtree and PayPal have profited from the sale of counterfeit goods. It must be several million dollars. Still doesn't seem to be enough for major brand owners to do much about it though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    While they're not trying to sell this at "list price", it still does not qualify as a "homage" as these watches do NOT have the original brand name on the dial !
    Eh? Look at the middle picture.

Master
    Loads of Tudor fakes now. WF had to take back a BB Red last year as someone opened the back of it and realised...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Whilst I agree it’s not cricket, it’s not a scam. It clearly states it’s a ‘homage’ and assume is of a price someone might expect to pay for one? It’s not like they’re trying to pull the wool over anyone’s eyes pretending it’s a genuine watch and advertising it for £2500, that would be a scam.
    The problem that someone could knowingly buy the "homage" watch and then pass it on at a later date as the real thing. It is a dirty transaction and it needs stamping on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I wonder how much money eBay, Gumtree and PayPal have profited from the sale of counterfeit goods. It must be several million dollars. Still doesn't seem to be enough for major brand owners to do much about it though.
    The thing I find interesting is people usually report Rolex or Tudor or other high end adverts but the ones for cheaper brands just go unnoticed. Seiko for example, nobody constantly reports (or probably could) all the fake Seiko’s on eBay ending constantly, all the fake parts too (even in ‘original’ packets). The sellers constantly selling fake parts should be banned but it’s all money!

eBay must make a fortune from counterfeit products. My Mrs was bragging on her new, cheap CAT boots she bought the other day, I asked where they came from “eBay” errr, they’re fake! Pretty much any new name brand product on eBay that’s cheap is going to be counterfeit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    The problem that someone could knowingly buy the "homage" watch and then pass it on at a later date as the real thing. It is a dirty transaction and it needs stamping on.
    I agree Mick, my point was about the scam reference in this advert.

It is worth re-iterating that there are fake Tudor GMTs out there, but that they are relatively easily spotted, as the hands are stacked in the wrong order, as we pointed out and discussed here.

As a result of using an ETA clone GMT movement, it will be only traveller GMT capable, not true GMT.

What this also proves is that the rest of the BB range needs very careful examination before buying.......

If you guys spot any more, always report them

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    It is worth re-iterating that there are fake Tudor GMTs out there, but that they are relatively easily spotted, as the hands are stacked in the wrong order, as we pointed out and discussed here.

As a result of using an ETA clone GMT movement, it will be only traveller GMT capable, not true GMT.

What this also proves is that the rest of the BB range needs very careful examination before buying.......

If you guys spot any more, always report them

Dave
    this.

There are fakes hard to tell out there, but this one is not of those.