closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Question for the members in Japan

Question for the members in Japan

Where can you get pre-used Seiko watches in Tokyo (I had a look around Ueno, but the second hand market seems to revolve around Rolex).

I'll be back in Tokyo around Thursday, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I'm afraid I can't help but hopefully some member here can.

If you return without a Grand Seiko on your wrist, though, it will be an affront to all things sacred east of Suez.

Journeyman
    Check the dealers on C24,go to their individual homepage

I can think about houseki hiroba (in Shibuya),rasin (in Ginza),GMT (in Shinjuku) and probably ippukishi (all over Tokyo)

While you’re at it,do check jackroad (Nakano) and moonphase (Ginza)

Alternatively go to Nakano to the mall and browse around the watch shops

Nothing to add other than subscribing to this thread.

Heading to Japan at the end of the year and have recently decided grand seikos are beautiful after some recent window shopping

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern971 View Post
    Where can you get pre-used Seiko watches in Tokyo (I had a look around Ueno, but the second hand market seems to revolve around Rolex).

I'll be back in Tokyo around Thursday, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lots of places sell new Seiko, but pre-owned Seiko in Tokyo is a little trickier. Three I would recommend;

1) Mizutani in Ueno (search Google Maps for 'Mizutani Ueno' and it will convert to kanji for you and show you directions, but as you come out the south exit of the station, over to the left is a Marui store (logo looks like OIOI), and on the right hand side is a little multi-coloured 'archway' leading to a shopping street. Go down there for a bit and Mizutani is on your right. LOTS of old Seiko.

2) Further south down the same street Mizutani is on is Syukou. Not as wide a range, but often has a bit higher end pieces. Keep walking south and it s on the left hand side, a minute walk or less from Mizutani.

3) In Ginza is Watch CTI. Again a touch higher end, but often nice watches. This one is a basement store and you get buzzed in, so look out for it or you can miss it. It's just off Ginza Sakura dori.

4) A 5 minute walk from there is Lemon-sha. It's on the main 405 road, just as it curves near Nihonbashi station. There's a funny looking green building, that if you look up you'll see is actually a concrete church, with a cross on top. Go in there and takeelevator to 7th(?) floor. They have a few watches, sometimes great, sometimes nothing. but central, so worth a look.

Not Seiko related, but Jack Road / Sunway Mall in Nakano is a must visit for any watch fan if you haven't been :-)

Hope it helps.

Thanks, I'll give that a go in the spare times I have between meeting friends, I'll also be trying to squeeze in the Seiko museum as well if I can

Had a look at Mizutani, they have a lot of vintage pieces, and a few Grand Seiko.

Price wise it's pretty fair, similar to what the going rate on eBay is, but with a pretty high chance you'll get a genuine watch.

Due to lots of commitments meeting friends, family and former colleagues unfortunately I don't think I will have much time to look at the other places listed.

I would add that the pawn shops book off/mode off sometimes have some reasonable bits and pieces that I've seen while I have been over here.
    (There was an anata chronograph for ¥100,000, but it was a bit dirty with scratches so I doubt we'll looked after).

Unfortunately I didn't get round to go to the Seiko museum :-( but I can always do that next time I come over.

Overall it's still been fun coming over here, but I am not that fussed I didn't really find anything I thought stood out for me aside from a couple of Lord Marvel which I may have a last look at before I leave (I am staying in Ueno).

Edit:
    There's a new Edion department store in Namba, Osaka. That was pretty nice to go to friendly staff, happy to have me try things on. Also wasn't overly busy like the bic camera etc around the same area.

Last edited by Wyvern971; 23rd June 2019 at 06:12.