closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stuck!

Master

Stuck!

After selling a few of my collection I was all set on buying a Seiko Marinemaster SBBN031.......until I looked at the Oris Aquis Date. I know these are different in design but seeing as I can't afford both can anybody give me the pros and cons of each watch? Still leaning towards the Seiko but the Oris just has something about it that I like. Obviously down to my choice in the end but I'd like to hear opinions before I pull the trigger👍

I love Seiko but based purely on those two it would be hard not to buy the Oris. Better looking by far and is still an independent being privately owned. SBBN035 would be a more difficult choice.

Both look nice, I've got similar watches to the Oris in terms of style so personally I'd go for the Seiko, but I guess it depends what else you have in your collection.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I've currently got an Omega PO, Spinnaker Tesei Bronze, Seiko SKX007, Seiko Solar Tuna (will be sold if I buy the SBB031), Helm Khuraburi and a Garmin Fenix 5. Think I'm going to have to take a closer look at both of them. Not sure when I would wear the Oris though as it would be too good for work (not really office based) and I use my PO for when I'm out and about and....hmmmmm🤔

With the lineup you have, do you wear the solar tuna much as in terms of style it is the most similar in your collection?

The others you have don't seem that similar to the Oris, so in that case the Oris may be a better bet.

I should have added I just bought an SBBN031 yesterday

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

Stuck!

Can’t comment on the Seiko but I love my Oris Aquis.

On paper the dimensions look big but the relatively short turned down lugs and thinness make for a very modest feeling watch for it’s size. Of my three big divers: Omega SMPc, Aquis and Turtle it wears similar to the SMPc and considerably smaller than the Turtle.

On my 7 1/4 wrist

Possibly the biggest drawback to some is the integrated lug design which limits your strap choice. The bracelet is very comfortable and I’ve just got the rubber strap which is probably the most comfortable strap I’ve ever had! and it’s deployant has a very nice sliding micro adjustment.

It’s comes in an ever increasing (bewildering...) choice of colours and complications. My current favourites are the Relief model with a metal yachtmaster type bezel and the new GMT which I’m seriously weakening towards...
    Last edited by timor54; 17th June 2019 at 12:50.

Master
    I wear the Tuna when knocking about at home or at work (along with the SKX). Do like it a lot so that's why I'm wanting to step up to the 031, would have already bought it if it wasn't for the Oris and it's great reviews🙄 Do you mind telling me where you bought your 031 from and how much (via PM).
    Cheers, Toddy

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by timor54 View Post
    Can’t comment on the Seiko but I love my Oris Aquis.

On paper the dimensions look big but the relatively short turned down lugs and thinness make for a very modest feeling watch for it’s size. Of my three big divers: Omega SMPc, Aquis and Turtle it wears similar to the SMPc and considerably smaller than the Turtle.

On my 7 1/4 wrist

Possibly the biggest drawback to some is the integrated lug design which limits your strap choice. The bracelet is very comfortable and I’ve just got the rubber strap which is probably the most comfortable strap I’ve ever had! and it’s deploy and has a very nice sliding micro adjustment.

It’s comes in an ever increasing (bewildering...) choice of colours and complications. My current favourites are the Relief model with a metal yachtmaster type bezel and the new GMT which I’m seriously weakening towards...
    Very nice, if I was to buy one it would be on the bracelet so not too concerned about the integrated lug design. I've got 7.5" wrist so size wise it should be good. Argghhh, I need both!!

Master
    Just ordered the Sbbn031, had a good think about it and couldn't see where I would wear the Oris over my PO. MM will be used for work and knocking about at home, thought the Oris was a bit too smart for this use.
    Solar Tuna now up for sale😉

Cheers all.