closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Panerai advice

Panerai advice

Hello,

I've always lusted after a Pam127 for over 10 years and after recently purchasing a PAM01055 submersible, I just asked WF to quote for cost to change for one of theirs.

They quoted £2,500 as a cost to change which is quote generous. (Means the 127's aren't selling obviously as they have 3)

Has anyone owned a PAM127 and used it for swimming for example?

Opinions welcome.

I’ve also been thinking about a 127,I’m not too sure I’d get one for swimming,I’d try and keep the 1055 ,so you have a bit of variety.
    I think blowers have a 127 in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 127 is a modern watch, so should stand up to the rigours of activities such as swimming.

I've always admired the 127 as pretty much the perfect Panerai, but pricing has always been super hot. With the cooling of the brand and successive LEs/SEs diluting some of the value, it may not be a bad time to get one. The only thing I'd say - the 372 is much cheaper and pretty much delivers the same experience, heck it may even be more 'authentic'.

Thanks for the advice.
    They also have a cheaper 217, which I love too.
    Will have to make a decision.

I have a 372 and, whilst the dial is very uncluttered (I am a sicker for a busy dial) it is my go to watch. But if I swim then I don't wear any watch

Craftsman

Unfortunately for the collectors or investors who bought into the 1950 127. Panerai diluted the value of this hugely by bringing out edition after edition of similar 1950 models. Will always be appealing to have the first version AKA the 127 and if available at a good price, go for it.

Master
    Hi Hasan - hope all good with you. I recall when I picked the 368 up from you the other year you were toying with 127/217.

That sounds like a great deal IMO.

Re using the Fiddy I can't see an issue it's a 21st century waterproof watch, that you're buying with a warranty from a company owned by Richemont.

Perhaps once the WF warranty runs out get it fully service by Panerai and it's warrantied again, just in case.

Master
    Just noted that of the three they have one without papers - £10,950 Vs £12,750 Vs £12,950.

I assume there offer is against the one without papers. That's a consideration for future value - I doubt you'll close the gap, but you've got strong provenance and warranty and that saving will keep it serviced/warrantied for many years of you are buying to keep.

Master
    As said above that sounds like a great deal to change. The 127 has the attraction of being the first 1950 cased 47mm luminor AFAIK (but I am no expert) and it will always have a cachet above that of say a 372. That being said a plexi 372 is an amazing piece and much less of an outlay. The older movement should be much less expensive to service of course so could recoup some outlay if you keep it for a number of years.
    As an aside I just adore the 217, I don't have a destro and would love to add one to my small pamily.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I think 127 was the first time the “modern” fiddy case available for the masses,after that there are 203,217 and 267 then after several years they made the “modern” version in the form of 368 and 375 and later on with 579,617 and 629

However for the sake of originality,372 and 673 are more faithful reproduction of 6152...

I’ve tried both 127 and 203 and found both to be too heavy (and 203 is too rich) for daily wear,so I ended up with the 368 and 375 duet as they’re like 127 and 217 with extra bit of tech

Own one, never used it for swimming mind, not that i don't think it would cope i just have another watch better suited to that job. Also mine lives on a leather strap so it would mean resorting to the original rubber strap which i'm not keen on. Mine gets used in rotation i'm not overly precious with it, gets serviced by Panerai when it needs it. The 372 is a far cheaper option, but if it's a 127 you want i doubt owning a 372 will do. Glad i own mine and wouldn't part with it.