closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Football tickets

Craftsman

Football tickets

Hi my son is a Manchester utd fan he he would like me to take him to a match for his birthday, we dont live anywhere near Manchester so our best bet would be somewhere like Southampton or Bournemouth, but I'm struggling to find out where to actually buy the tickets most club websites wont let you buy unless you have purchased before?
    Obviously there are ticket websites like Ticketmaster etc but they seem wildly expensive!!!!
    As you can probably tell I'm not a massive football fan so have never really done anything like this before!!!
    Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Join the fan club and you can apply.
    You may also have a local supporters club, in Dorset there are the Dorset Reds who run a coach trip up to games.

If your on the south coast Brighton may be another option or a trip in to London for West Ham.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Come watch Sunderland play, plenty of tickets available. Regarding Southampton it looks like if you create an account then you can buy tickets is this any help : https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sunderland may actually pay you to attend one of their matches.
    Last edited by CaptainSlow; 16th June 2019 at 16:33.

Manchester United will be sold out everywhere for the reasons you describe. Even if you buy a membership at a local club you won't get a pair of tickets. Then, even if you did get tickets, Bournemouth and Southampton are souless and fairly miserable grounds, they wouldn't be the best experience for him.

Your best bet is probably gritting your teeth on inflated grey market prices on tickets for a home game in Manchester around his birthday. Save on advance purchase rail/flight and hotel accommodation to compensate.

The risk there is that a game will be moved for Sky, but you can mitigate that by choosing weaker opposition.

Of course the truly rewarding route is to get yourselves a pair of Arygle season tickets and waiting.

Master
    Another option at old Trafford is cup games as these are not included in the season tickets.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    Another option at old Trafford is cup games as these are not included in the season tickets.

Cups games are included in season tickets. They are auto-bought each year when you renew.

You have zero chance to get any United away ticket too. Best bet is as you said and get a ticket for Southampton at home against United.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Cups games are included in season tickets. They are auto-bought each year when you renew.

You have zero chance to get any United away ticket too. Best bet is as you said and get a ticket for Southampton at home against United.
    Ah they used to not include League cup and European games when I last looked albeit about 12-15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    Sunderland may actually pay you to attend one if their matches.
    Haha at least being paid would make it more bearable

Join the fan club and you can apply.
    You may also have a local supporters club, in Dorset there are the Dorset Reds who run a coach trip up to games.

If your on the south coast Brighton may be another option or a trip in to London for West Ham.

And watch some proper football.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

United fans can opt out of the Carabao Cup . There’s usually loads on sale for these games.

Journeyman
    Sat 3 Aug, 5.30, Principality Stadium, Cardiff. Manchester Utd vs AC Milan. Tickets from ticketmaster.co.uk

Master
    Trouble is most Cup games are midweek.

Might find a game on a school holiday?

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the replies, sat 3rd of August would have been perfect and not too expensive but it's the day before holiday looks like I'll have to suck it up and pay extortionate price!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Which clubs season tickets? They aren’t included at most clubs as far as I know, although season ticket holders have priority
    Last edited by craig1912; 17th June 2019 at 09:54.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    Which clubs season tickets? They aren’t included at any club as far as I know although season ticket holders have priority
    They do at Utd .
    The ST holders are obliged to buy FA Cup and CL games.
    Definitely not the Carabao Cup and I think they relented last time United were in the Europa League .

My ST comes with the first 3 domestic home cup tickets included but no obligation to purchase any others.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    They do at Utd .
    The ST holders are obliged to buy FA Cup and CL games.
    Definitely not the Carabao Cup and I think they relented last time United were in the Europa League .

My ST comes with the first 3 domestic home cup tickets included but no obligation to purchase any others.
    Ah right- a bit different from the majority of clubs then. cheers

Arsenal have 7 included in the price (not league cup which you don't have to buy) One reason our tickets always appear to be the most expensive as the number of included matches is never mentioned.

Might be worth putting a wtb for United tickets a month or so before you want to go, wouldn't surprise me if there was more than a few Utd ST holders on here. Or even asking if someone could buy for the away fixture on your behalf.

Master
    Join Man U/Southampton/Bournemouth fan forum sites and keep an eye out for fans selling their tickets.
    Hopefully prices should not be too inflated. Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    Join Man U/Southampton/Bournemouth fan forum sites and keep an eye out for fans selling their tickets.
    Hopefully prices should not be too inflated. Good Luck.

Good idea.

On my West Ham fan site (KUMB) tickets are only to be sold at face value.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Qq

Ex Utd st holder here for many a year and as has rightly been mentioned below the majority of st holders have to join the auto cup scheme which is a nightmare if you draw a lower league side midweek as an example but when such things happen tickets are easily accessible through fan forums

Rednews
    Redissue
    Unitedwestand

All great places for sourcing tickets

Don’t expect Liverpool City spurs etc though as you’ve got no chance, likewise getting an away is a non starter unless you’ll be prepared to pay ridiculous money x3 face value as an example and although I personally love an away miles more than a trip to the library of old Trafford it may be too boisterous for a young lad if I’m honest as the die hard all prefer the away games as it’s an all day bender sit/well stand to be honest where you like and have a proper good sing song the result is almost secondary on an away day as fans sing non stop 10x better than old Trafford in my opinion but again don’t be surprised if regular match goes take offence to day trippers who have brought through touts (I’ve seen this first hand)

Unfortunately despite the decline on the pitch the marketing machine goes from strength to strength and United are a huge pull, look at the newspapers Utd sell everyone loves to beat us lots of clubs raise prices when Utd come to town and with football how it is now it’s all about making money nowadays.

So with that in mind your probably as likely to get one in the ballot for a home game via the one united membership as the club would rather have someone like yourself going to a game once a year, buying a programme visiting the official shop buy a shirt etc and suck up the atmosphere of old Trafford and take your £250-300 as opposed to the fan who goes every week and doesn’t do any of that and prob only buys a pie and a pint spending £15 each week so your prob more likely to get one through the club by becoming a one united member and applying if I’m honest

Good luck either way and rest assured it’s not as hard as some are saying just be savvy be polite on forums and most will help you out just for a beer or two as thanks

My son is a Chelsea fan and I had the same problem, the only way I could get tickets was to become a member and even that was hard they only allow so many a year. Once a member you get second dibs on tickets, all the big games sell out way to soon but if you go to smaller games (mid week and friendly) you get points, once you have enough points you get earlier stabs at tickets for bigger games. The other option is look at specials with hotels attached, when my dad passed he left my sone a little money so we decided to blow on a day out, Chelsea v Liverpool, night in hotel and evening meal was a package on the club site £700.

Good luck.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Good idea.

On my West Ham fan site (KUMB) tickets are only to be sold at face value.
    Spot on

COYI!