closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega f300 Cone: Bracelet Ring Lug Width...

Omega f300 Cone: Bracelet Ring Lug Width...

Dear All:

i have a problem which i can't resolve. i thought maybe the experienced gentlemen here might be able to come up with a solution.

i have an Omega f300 Cone (day/date model, 3 o'clock crown, pics below) and the bracelet has been refinished. as it is not the most attractive, i thought that i'd have a custom leather strap made, maybe with rally styled holes. sounded easy enough.

well, the width of the spring bar is merely roughly 9mm as it is an unorthodox connector between the bracelet and the lugs. i sent the ring and bracelet to the custom strapmaker. to his surprise, there isn't enough clearance between the spring bar and the case! there is enough clearance for the metal bracelet to attach to the spring bar, as the metal is very thin and is strong, but for leather, there needs to be more clearance!

there exists rings that have a more standard spring bar width, but they are hard to find - plus, i need it for the 3 o'clock crown position. i also don't have the Omega part number. what is one to do?

any ideas please? thank you so much in advance.

[IMG]

Here are a few pictures to try to show what the ring attachment for the bracelet with the more standard spring bar width looks like. you see here that folks have attached leather straps and it works well! alas, where to find such a ring?

[IMG]

[IMG]

Depends how much you want to pay.

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...=0&cspheader=1

If it’s working, ( I can’t read French) it might be worth it to get the case part you want and also a spare movement which is always good insurance.
    Cheers..
    Jase