closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gratuitous picture of my new Tudor 58.

Master

Gratuitous picture of my new Tudor 58.

Very pleased to find this beauty today after a few phone calls and a long drive. Straight out of the delivery ‘coffin’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good work. Lovely.

How many did you end up phoning? Might give this a try myself next week.

Craftsman
    Very nice..well may you wear..
    Love the photo..

Master
    Buying the bracelet for mine soon. Superb watches. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Buying the bracelet for mine soon. Superb watches. Enjoy.
    How much is the bracelet if you don’t mind me asking?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    How much is the bracelet if you don’t mind me asking?
    Good question. I’ll be ordering mine end of June. From what I recall when I asked around 600-700 round pounds.

Good question. I’ll be ordering mine end of June. From what I recall when I asked around 600-700 round pounds.
    Thanks. Been debating getting one on leather and adding bracelet later.

Master
    Thanks. Been debating getting one on leather and adding bracelet later.
    That’s what I did. Bought the nato which is a cracker and sold the leather. Will buy the bracelet and alternate between bracelet and nato.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    And what better way to celebrate than with a KFC.

well done that man.

Master
    Good work. Lovely.

How many did you end up phoning? Might give this a try myself next week.
    I decided this morning that I wanted to try and get one, looked on the dealer locator and ‘phoned the nearest 5 or 6 across the Midlands.

Most said I was welcome to join the waiting list, for up to 6 months, thanks but no thanks!

Finally found one in Shrewsbury on leather, not ideal but better than nothing, and was almost there when I got a call back from the chap at Rudell in Wolverhampton saying he just had this one on bracelet come in and I could have it if I wanted. Cue a detour across to Wolverhampton and a trip to KFC to celebrate!

If anybody is after one, the shop with the BB58 on leather is called ‘Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury’ which interestingly is nothing to do with the national chain but an independent store which took over a Goldsmiths chain store when it closed.

Craftsman
    Nice purchase Ed.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice watch... awful food ...

Lovely watch👍

The bracelet is £600 inc VAT, leather with deployment is £320 inc VAT and NATO is £140 all prices were quoted to me last week at RSC St James.

Super watch, many congratulations. Enjoy it in good health!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    The bracelet is £600 inc VAT, leather with deployment is £320 inc VAT and NATO is £140 all prices were quoted to me last week at RSC St James.
    That’s good. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by EdHughes1 View Post
    I decided this morning that I wanted to try and get one, looked on the dealer locator and ‘phoned the nearest 5 or 6 across the Midlands.

Most said I was welcome to join the waiting list, for up to 6 months, thanks but no thanks!

Finally found one in Shrewsbury on leather, not ideal but better than nothing, and was almost there when I got a call back from the chap at Rudell in Wolverhampton saying he just had this one on bracelet come in and I could have it if I wanted. Cue a detour across to Wolverhampton and a trip to KFC to celebrate!

If anybody is after one, the shop with the BB58 on leather is called ‘Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury’ which interestingly is nothing to do with the national chain but an independent store which took over a Goldsmiths chain store when it closed.

Great stuff. Nice when it all comes together like that! Enjoy

Congrats, seems a great buy at £2.5k compare to its rivals & the way watch RRP's have gone in the past few years.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Which makes the pricing on the 3 versions odd, seems to me the bracelet option is far the best value

£2600 bracelet
    £2380 leather
    £2380 nato

The nato version is by far the worst deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    Which makes the pricing on the 3 versions odd, seems to me the bracelet option is far the best value

£2600 bracelet
    £2380 leather
    £2380 nato

The nato version is by far the worst deal.
    Bracelet is certainly the best way to purchase although not a lot between it and the leather, nato is by far the worst value.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Bracelet is certainly the best way to purchase although not a lot between it and the leather, nato is by far the worst value.
    True, but even if I wanted the leather I’d still buy on a bracelet and then buy a strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    True, but even if I wanted the leather I’d still buy on a bracelet and then buy a strap.
    The leather and deployment are sold separately at RSC, if you wanted to add an aftermarket strap you can just purchase the deployment which was around £150 on its own.

Craftsman
    I bought my s and g on a leather strap but the straps are quite awful it now lives on an Everest rubber band and i love it
    I did enquire at my ad for a steel bracelet as i don’t like the two tone bracelet and they checked with tudor and would not supply me one as it was going on the wrong watch !,
    Ebay here i come

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Done some phoning around myself today and called Rudell too. Have to say, of all the AD's I've spoken to recently, the guy at Rudell's was the nicest, friendliest and most helpful person I've spoken with. Was just interested in chatting watches in general and was really nice. What a nice change.

I've left my details with them for a couple of watches (58 & GMT) and also spoke about a couple of Rolex I'm interested in (one for me, one for the wife's 50th). Even though I've no prior relationship, the helpfulness and feel of being genuine makes me hope they can source something soon for me as I would like to buy from them and build up a relationship

Craftsman
    Done some phoning around myself today and called Rudell too. Have to say, of all the AD's I've spoken to recently, the guy at Rudell's was the nicest, friendliest and most helpful person I've spoken with. Was just interested in chatting watches in general and was really nice. What a nice change.

I've left my details with them for a couple of watches (58 & GMT) and also spoke about a couple of Rolex I'm interested in (one for me, one for the wife's 50th). Even though I've no prior relationship, the helpfulness and feel of being genuine makes me hope they can source something soon for me as I would like to buy from them and build up a relationship
    Hugh Rice in St Stephens Centre, Hull have 2 Tudor 58s in their window, on nato and leather, £2380 each. They have been in the window for the past week and haven't sold. They were there 45 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post
    Hugh Rice in St Stephens Centre, Hull have 2 Tudor 58s in their window, on nato and leather, £2380 each. They have been in the window for the past week and haven't sold. They were there 45 minutes ago.
    Thanks - I’m actually sat in there now as rushed straight here lol. However, unbelievably I got a call from where I’ve ordered the GMT to do me a deal for both on a bracelet as I pulled up in the car park. So am going with that. I did manage to get down to £2200 for the BB58 if anyone is interested tho but I was upfront and honest about the call I’d had.

Saying that I’ve walked out with a Fastrider Black shield for less than half price. Totally unexpected purchase that!

Thanks for the heads up though.

(Sorry OP for hijacking a little)

Apprentice
    Are they getting any easier to find? It took me months on a waiting list at my local AD, I did find one on a leather some weeks before but really wanted the bracelet so held out.

Craftsman
    Thanks - I’m actually sat in there now as rushed straight here lol. However, unbelievably I got a call from where I’ve ordered the GMT to do me a deal for both on a bracelet as I pulled up in the car park. So am going with that. I did manage to get down to £2200 for the BB58 if anyone is interested tho but I was upfront and honest about the call I’d had.

Saying that I’ve walked out with a Fastrider Black shield for less than half price. Totally unexpected purchase that!

Thanks for the heads up though.

(Sorry OP for hijacking a little)
    I saw the ceramic Fastrider in the window for the bargain price, I was very tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1881 View Post
    Are they getting any easier to find? It took me months on a waiting list at my local AD, I did find one on a leather some weeks before but really wanted the bracelet so held out.
    My experience is they are easy to find on the nato and leather but much more difficult to source on the bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by pcworks View Post
    I saw the ceramic Fastrider in the window for the bargain price, I was very tempted.
    I literally had a double take as I was walking out (had not seen it on way in). Couldn't believe the price. I missed one earlier this year for £2500 on the Alcantara strap so was ecstatic with this. Managed to get another 20 quid off too lol. Not brill but covered fuel. They would have given more on it had I taken the BB58 too (and more on that too). Popped a pic here

As said above, it does seem non bracelet models come in a lot quicker, a few places confirmed this to me today.

Master
    I got a call yesterday from the dealer I purchased from, asking if I would mind emailing them a photograph of both sides of my Tudor warranty card.

I think it’s something to do with the fact that it was closing time in the shop when I was there so they forgot to do it but I’m curious as to why they would take photos of the card.

Anyone experienced this before?

Craftsman
    Have a Pelagos and a bronze Black Bay but that is the best looking Tudor from the current line up by far !
    Very pleased to find this beauty today after a few phone calls and a long drive. Straight out of the delivery ‘coffin’.

Although I was not sure on the look when first released they have really grown on me.
    If you take in to account the in house movement and quality on par with watches costing twice as much they represent really good value for money.

Last edited by boring_sandwich; 18th June 2019 at 09:10.

Craftsman
    Congrats on the pickup! I've had mine for 3 months now and I love it to pieces!

Nice pictures.. One of my possible future purchases.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Here’s another... running at -0.2s/d with the reserve tested at 68 hours.

Craftsman
    These are a great buy. Well done to the new owners.

Cheers
    Rory

I was in RSC earlier today dropping off a watch for service and the service technician commented on the BB58 I was wearing saying how much he liked the look, style and size of the watch.

He went on to say that the movement within the 58 is excellent and as good as any Rolex movement in his /his teams opinion with only the finish on the movement not quite as sharp as a Rolex.

I have to agree as over the past 5 days of timing it against time.is it has not lost or gained a single second.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 21st June 2019 at 15:59.