closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ladies datejust

Craftsman

Ladies datejust

Hi. I have a ladies datejust here that a friend asked me to look at. Just wandering if anyone could give a bit more insite into it.
    What I do know, signed rehaut but no hologram at 6 so I’d date it between 2008 and 2011?? It has 18k and 750 on the watch head so it’s white gold 18k. It seems a level low BPM however, I’d say 3600 bpm in fact. Is this what you’d expect?? Quality is spot on so I have no other suspicion to authenticity.

Is there a good source of info I can compare serial numbers agains of bracelet and head?

I’ll pop some pictures up. :)

Master
    Don't like the early details you've provided.

Please provide every number from bracelet and case that you possibly can - and pics!

Craftsman
    Ok will do. It’s at home and I’m at the mother in laws. What sounds wrong?

Craftsman
    I have a video on my phone and it’s very hard trying to could the bpm but on closer inspection it seems more like 14400 bpm. Need to get it checked over ideally.

Craftsman
    Screen shot from the video I have. The cyclops is scratched badly, the whole watch is scratched but nothing deep or horrible.

Journeyman
    I'm not convinced about that watch. Maybe a sharper picture would help but the minute track does not appear to align with the numerals and the letters in the "superlative chronometer officially certified" do not appear to be aligned with each other. The tip of the Rolex crown is also misaligned with the minute track. Is the date wheel scuffed? The fit of the bracelet end links to the case lugs is a very slack fit too.

Craftsman
    In the flesh as it were the lettering is pin sharp, that’s a screen grab from a video. The coronet also lines up very well, under a loupe it bares up to inspection well.
    The bracelet is tight and feels right, the fit to the head is not close fitting but has a very even space around the curve of all 4 end links.
    The date whee is clean but the cyclops is scratched quite badly, the actual crystal is unmarked to my eye. The cyclops being raised will take cornering weight and damage, I’m unsure if it should be sapphire however because I know sapphire is almost unscratchable.

I obviously have reservations hence my post, but I’m thinking about buying it for my daughter she likes it and it fits her tiny wrist perfectly. Then again saying a teenager would like a Rolex is quite obvious I guess. 🤷*♂️

I’d ask an independent t to check it over

Is it Milton in here who is the great knowledge?

You’re in west mids - there are a good number who could look at it in the Jewellery quarter and ole ty in offer there too

Master
    I still don't find the details add up.

If that is a 26mm lady's Datejust in white gold with a polished bezel, the theoretical model reference would be 179169 and I don't believe such a model existed.

If it is intended to be a 31mm then a polished bezel in white gold would make it a 178249....similarly never made.

This is a watch that is at best a mix of parts, going by the info provided.

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 15th June 2019 at 16:30.

Craftsman
    Wow you really do know your Rolex watches!! I’m impressed. I need to dig into it further before an expensive mistake pops along.

Craftsman
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tmnrnxtt9...byPzFKata?dl=0

- - - Updated - - -

7 photos and one video uploaded.

Master
    "18K" on the head, but a stainless steel bracelet.

Clasp code is for a different model.

Incorrect dimensions in parts.

That watch is not correct and obviously so.

You said the quality was "spot on" . . . but by what measure could you reach that conclusion?

Craftsman
    Just checked back I hadn’t had an email to say there had been a reply.

Only way I reached conclusion was from handling it. As you say it seems it is miss matched parts but I didn’t pick up on it being a stainless band and 18k head. I’m no expert by any stretch, I have a fairly healthy collection of watches from a broad range of brands such as a couple of Rolex’s that I had from an AD brand new, 3 Longines including this weeks VHP new from a local dealer, steinhart, Seiko, all sorts. I have handled a number of rolex fakes too and normally they are very easy to pick out because something feels off some how, I normally get a gut feeling something is wrong with them. This watch just feels the part. Clasp operates smoothly, crown is sweet, it just feels right. It has a feel of quality that is comparable to a rolex watch not an orient or the like.
    I have no experience of model numbers, I am well out of my depth when it comes to deciphering them and wouldn’t know if a certain number had ever existed or not. That’s why I only buy from authorised dealers or a trusted forum such as here or one other that I visit. That’s the beauty of this place, shared knowledge and people are generally very trustworthy. I lack the ability to help people with watch info because most on here know far more than I do, but I have tried to return the good will where I can in other ways.

I am taking it to my local dealer later this week because I’m buying something so will kill two birds with one stone. I will report back with the results. 👍