closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Robot lawnmower

Robot lawnmower

Dogs: poor training and laziness. Take your dogs out and they won’t poop your lawn (and walking the dogs is good for the soul).

Robot mowers may deprive you of the pleasure but they are also very good for your lawn as the tiny bits cut are small enough to remain unseen yet re-fertilise your soil. Downside is they don’t give weeds a chance to blossom (or should that be bloom?) and therefore deprive pollinators from a food source.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Dogs: poor training and laziness. Take your dogs out and they won’t poop your lawn (and walking the dogs is good for the soul).

Robot mowers may deprive you of the pleasure but they are also very good for your lawn as the tiny bits cut are small enough to remain unseen yet re-fertilise your soil. Downside is they don’t give weeds a chance to blossom (or should that be bloom?) and therefore deprive pollinators from a food source.
    My parents dogs were trained to go on gravel outside the back door. Don’t think it’s hard (and they were a nightmare as far as obeying any commands went).

What a beautiful garden regardless of what's mowing it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post

What are you on about? I’ve trained mine to go in the garden…. My boys and one girl go for miles every every day come rain or shine…. Baxter is laying next to me looking rather pooped after his Saturday stroll

I suspect you may know more about dogs than me, but I don’t know of any dogs who don’t go for a dump in the garden when nature calls? It doesn’t take that much effort to clean it up…. Granted it’s not the most pleasant job!

I knew the regular little off cuts were supposed to be good for keeping it looking nice….

Anyway…. Aren’t they about to start promoting no mow May? It’s all very confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    What are you on about? I’ve trained mine to go in the garden…. My boys and one girl go for miles every every day come rain or shine…. Baxter is laying next to me looking rather pooped after his Saturday stroll

I suspect you may know more about dogs than me, but I don’t know of any dogs who don’t go for a dump in the garden when nature calls? It doesn’t take that much effort to clean it up…. Granted it’s not the most pleasant job!

I knew the regular little off cuts were supposed to be good for keeping it looking nice….

Anyway…. Aren’t they about to start promoting no mow May? It’s all very confusing
    Sorry I didn't want to sound flippant. It's quite easy to train a dog to pee on command (great when going for a long drive) and to poo at regular(ish) times. Just like a human, it's easier to start early but old dogs learn tricks.
    During the walk is the ideal time, because the dog is excited by the walk; You still have the same unpleasant job to pick it up, though. "Accidents" will happen if you change his food brutally, but that's one you can't pick up anyway...
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I moved last year and I’ve been watching this thread with interest as I seriously considered getting one of these - I think they’re great bits of kit. However on discussion with a mate of mine who runs a small gardening business he suggested getting a decent petrol mower and seeing how I went. I’m so glad I did - I genuinely love getting out there and this Hayter makes light work of a largish bit of lawn. Seems odd but I find it cathartic and very satisfying when all done with a decent bit of exercise thrown in.

I realise this is the robot mower thread, and I completely respect and appreciate the tech, but sometimes the “old” methods can offer something unexpected.

Nice lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    ^^^^^

What a lovely space

I’ve always fancied a robot mower, but now I have 3 dogs…. The latest one does bigger poops as she’s medium sized

I guess that puts me out of the running for using this tech as I do a bi-weekly pick up and these things go out daily mid summer, so it could all get rather ‘icky’
    I have one and have dogs, I just turn off the auto timer and send it out manually via the app a couple of times a week after I've done a dog egg sweep, though that only works if your garden is small enough and mower big enough to cope a couple of times a week rather than having to run a low spec one almost constantly to cover a big lawn

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I don't believe the price has yet been announced but this isn't a domestic mower, unless you happen to own Chatsworth House! It will cover 40,000 sqm which is huge (a 200m x 200m lawn area).
    It's been available for over a year and selling well, so prices are out there, my guess is about right. It will actually do 75000 SQM of normal lawn, the lower specs are for pro sports field quality of cut, we have one running at Boston Red Sox baseball ground
    Last edited by Brighty; 29th April 2023 at 21:22.

Master
    Reading this all with interest, I’ve ran an underground cable out from a new build with this in mind, grass down last week so need to make a decision soon! Space is about 600sqm (I think) with slopes down toward the house and I’m thinking Husky is the one to go for?

This is the model I’d earmarked

https://www.husqvarna.com/uk/robotic...ne-exclusive/?

Last edited by demonloop; 30th April 2023 at 07:39.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Reading this all with interest, I’ve ran an underground cable out from a new build with this in mind, grass down last week so need to make a decision soon! Space is about 600sqm (I think) with slopes down toward the house and I’m thinking Husky is the one to go for?

This is the model I’d earmarked

https://www.husqvarna.com/uk/robotic...ne-exclusive/?

May I recommend going for a mower with a longer run time? Yes, it will be more expensive but that mower you've linked to will be returning to the charging station very frequently and you will get tracks in the lawn around the station.

Master
    May I recommend going for a mower with a longer run time? Yes, it will be more expensive but that mower you've linked to will be returning to the charging station very frequently and you will get tracks in the lawn around the station.
    Any suggestions? I hadn’t thought of run time to be honest

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    I have one and have dogs, I just turn off the auto timer and send it out manually via the app a couple of times a week after I've done a dog egg sweep, though that only works if your garden is small enough and mower big enough to cope a couple of times a week rather than having to run a low spec one almost constantly to cover a big lawn
    That’s a good point…. I though the principle value of these were daily mows…

My garden is average I’d guess?

Maybe I just up my dog egg removal game?!!!

A drunk driver would have better accuracy

Craftsman
    Was about to pull the trigger on th Flymo 250.

Anything else for a lawn of 200sq m?

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post
    Was about to pull the trigger on th Flymo 250.

Anything else for a lawn of 200sq m?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354647856...xoCg-MQAvD_BwE

this one does my lawn of 280 square meters with ease. Only has the bluetooth app not wifi but it's pretty reliable. My 4th year with it.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    A drunk driver would have better accuracy

Wileeey yours may have a fault. The Flymo McCulloch, Gardena and Husquarvas share a lot of the same internal components. To have that any issues with docking etc could be an issue with yours. Under warranty?

Or pair of charge stations?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354647856...xoCg-MQAvD_BwE

this one does my lawn of 280 square meters with ease. Only has the bluetooth app not wifi but it's pretty reliable. My 4th year with it.
    Thanks. That looks a really good price. Does it have a warranty?

Craftsman
    Just looked 1 year. Let's see how it does.

Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Wileeey yours may have a fault. The Flymo McCulloch, Gardena and Husquarvas share a lot of the same internal components. To have that any issues with docking etc could be an issue with yours. Under warranty?
    Thanks,l for the suggestion. I’m going to redo the base in the next weekend or two and if that doesn’t work check the warranty. Reassuring to know I could just have it badly wired or have a dud.

Should be a fun task seeing as though I put him under the bench. Doesn’t seem to have docked from yesterday either so definitely needs doing.