closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    I can't believe what im reading from the gooonaz....... You have to give him time.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    He needs to go, he has had enough time. His decisions are poor, poor team selection, poor tactics (playing no wingers against Liverpool springs to mind). We have been saved the last 2 seasons by having lacazatte and pea, and even then he use to always leave one on the bench!

Time for a change, Emery has not changed anything from Wenger, we have gone backwards, we still cant defend and now our quick flowing passing is all but gone!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    He needs to go, he has had enough time. His decisions are poor, poor team selection, poor tactics (playing no wingers against Liverpool springs to mind). We have been saved the last 2 seasons by having lacazatte and pea, and even then he use to always leave one on the bench!

Time for a change, Emery has not changed anything from Wenger, we have gone backwards, we still cant defend and now our quick flowing passing is all but gone!
    “ hi big Sam have we got a job for you”
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Yes, but Wenger's gone - what seemingly everyone wanted.

Like everyone who wishes they could get rid of their current management - be careful what you wish for.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

I'm all for giving Emery time. It's not perfect, but it is a work in progress. I think some of us gooners look back on Wenger's reign with rose tinted specs and seem not to realise that Emery is addressing the things we were so critical of Wenger-era Arsenal for.

We claimed he didn't spend enough, so we spend and have arguably the best transfer window we've had in the premier league.

We criticised when Wenger didn't change tactically and that's almost all you see from Emery- maybe TOO much!

We bemoaned the lack of opportunity youth was given in the later years so now we have Guendouzi, Tierney, Willock, Nelson, Martinelli, Saka playing or likely to play regularly..

I think we gave Wenger a good 5-10 years to get us back to where we were, so we should give Emery at least a couple more seasons IMHO.

Bear in mind that Emery is matching Arsene Wenger in terms of success in the previous couple of seasons (finished outside champs league but got to the europa final etc) and Arsene Wenger will go down as one of the best managers in history.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Yes, but Wenger's gone - what seemingly everyone wanted.

Like everyone who wishes they could get rid of their current management - be careful what you wish for.
    I agreed Wenger should have gone, he did an amazing job at Arsenal he just stayed too long, the mistake we made was not going for Klopp before Liverpool did.

Craftsman
    Pep playing havoc with fantasy football teams everywhere

Great round of games yesterday.
    You certainly couldn’t say that it’s an easy ride for the top 2 . Both Sheffield United and Everton threw everything at them yesterday and it took another goalkeeping howler for the hackers to take the three points.
    City are missing Laporte probably more than I expected and a team more clinical than a very good Everton side might cause us more problems. Still, Fernandinho has proved himself to be the ultimate team player again , stepping in as cover at Centre Half. Some of our play was again scintillating and we could easily have been four up before half an hour was played. Ultimately , we deserved the points but were made to work for them .

In other matches, Lloris doing what he does best, a complete cockup followed by a world class save in Spurs win.
    Chelsea looking better and better by the week, which is good .
    Wolves finally up and running but Watford really struggling.
    United down to 11th 😁. Proper mid table club finally .

Craftsman
    I cant believe the SU manager yesterday. He gave his players no moral boost at all after the game......total opposit. Like they weren't deflated already he put the knife in. Unfortunately our strikers didn't have their shooting boots on otherwise we definitely would have had a few goals.

I cant believe the SU manager yesterday. He gave his players no moral boost at all after the game......total opposit. Like they weren't deflated already he put the knife in. Unfortunately our strikers didn't have their shooting boots on otherwise we definitely would have had a few goals.
    Our strikers missed an equal number of gold plated chances and if we are going to stop up we need to start converting them. He's not telling them anything they don't know.

Chris Wilder, warts and all, has go us from the bottom of League One to winning a tactical battle with Jürgen Klopp, in 3 seasons. We gave up offering him advice a long time ago.

Blog Entries
    Newcastle Leicester great result but the Geordies look down already

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Newcastle Leicester great result but the Geordies look down already
    1st class fans from what I hear though

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

The Man U vs Arsenal match was painful viewing, the level of quality was so poor especially when compared to the old matches 4-5 years ago, can not see either team comfortably getting in the top 4. Saying that Arsenal on paper really should have beaten Utd if they had played well. Disappointing leaving Bellerin Holding and Tierney out when all are fit, I guess he plans to play them on Thursday but still a bad call, shape was all over we played 3 holding midfielders but none really sat, Xhaka had another shocking performance making him captain is a stupid decision. Its going to be a long season.

The Man U vs Arsenal match was painful viewing, the level of quality was so poor especially when compared to the old matches 4-5 years ago, can not see either team comfortably getting in the top 4. Saying that Arsenal on paper really should have beaten Utd if they had played well. Disappointing leaving Bellerin Holding and Tierney out when all are fit, I guess he plans to play them on Thursday but still a bad call, shape was all over we played 3 holding midfielders but none really sat, Xhaka had another shocking performance making him captain is a stupid decision. Its going to be a long season.
    Tierney has withdrawn from the Scotland squad...but is available for Thursday apparently...I presume he'll get a few mins to get his match fitness up
    Bellerin played with U23s so was never going to be played v United, might get some time on Thursday for match fitness
    Holding on bench but guess Emery didn't want to rotate the CBs for a "big" match, will probably start with Chambers on Thursday...maybe

Saka put in another good performance

That's our 24th game in a row that we haven't beaten an "established Top 6" team away from home [in EPL]...wtf do they do on that bus/plane?

Craftsman
    Unfortunately i didn't get to see the game last night.

Some of your attacking players could walk into any of the top 4 teams in the league.

Is it a case of few more transfer windows or a sheer case of time?

One for the Man united fans, would you bin Oli for Rafa?

I think he’s brave enough for the job, he’d get the transfer money he couldn’t get out of Newcastle and he likes to North West. There’s no pressure on him to win the league, just a champions league spot and he’s one of the few available managers available with that experience in spades.

Could it happen?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

I think he’s brave enough for the job, he’d get the transfer money he couldn’t get out of Newcastle and he likes to North West. There’s no pressure on him to win the league, just a champions league spot and he’s one of the few available managers available with that experience in spades.

Could it happen?
    Our rafa would never go........

Blog Entries
    I actually fell asleep

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post

Could it happen?
    I takes along time to turn around a declining team. It could be another five years or more. Ole is a hero, but I never thought he was the right man for the job. I don't think the money is there anymore, the tap has been turned right down, probably because of transfer performance in the last few years. Rafa could have been a reasonable choice several years ago and with money to spend. We've now had a succession of managers, each inheriting a squad from the previous manger and not liking what they see. It's a mess. United needs stability, development and improvement. I'm not convinced that Ole is the man. Stick with Ole, or one more change? Who knows, but we can't keep changing manager.

The midfield last night!

Craftsman
    Honestly can't see Rafa agreeing to manage United.

Master
    No Rafa thanks very much. Another management change won't help unless it is accompanied by reform.

Problems at the club need to be addressed by structural change, which I have little faith in happening anytime soon. Even appointing a DoF seems beyond us. Woodward and the Glazers aren't bothered about root and branch reform, the club is just a cash cow. In many ways, the loss of revenue from not qualifying for the CL and the subsequent loss of sponsorship might be good for United long-term in that it might force change.

Impressions from the game last night: We were better than against West Ham. Second half was decent to watch. A few of the young players will continue to benefit from this experience. Thought we could have nicked a goal near the end but a draw probably fair. I don't know too much about the current Arsenal side but on the evidence of last night, pray Aubameyang stays fit! Most incisive player in either team.

Master
    United are absolutely woeful at the moment. Lack quality all over the pitch and Maguire is being exposed for what he is - a bang average centre half.

They are were Liverpool were 10 years ago, still a big side but desperately reaching for the top and as a result over paying, panic buying and churning managers.

What they are up against is basically everyone fan under the age of 35 never knowing United to be shit ! The fans will turn on every manager and player they get in that doesn't immediately get them firing again.

They like Liverpool in the early 90s a victim of their own success.

Master
    In either case, it depends what you mean by 'fan' I suppose. IIRC very few and possibly no manager of either club has had the matchday fans turning on them en masse. Maybe Hodgson?

It's all the social chatter that creates the unrest and extreme polarisations of opinion these days IMO. Things are rarely as good or bad in reality as the papers or Twitter would have you believe. Lest you think I have rose-tinted glasses I do agree we lack quality and depth, though I'm happy with Maguire (and a number of the others, to be honest). You have to remember what he replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Pox View Post
    Tierney has withdrawn from the Scotland squad...but is available for Thursday apparently...I presume he'll get a few mins to get his match fitness up
    Bellerin played with U23s so was never going to be played v United, might get some time on Thursday for match fitness
    Holding on bench but guess Emery didn't want to rotate the CBs for a "big" match, will probably start with Chambers on Thursday...maybe

Saka put in another good performance

That's our 24th game in a row that we haven't beaten an "established Top 6" team away from home [in EPL]...wtf do they do on that bus/plane?
    When they said the stat before the game that we had not won away from home for over 5 years I could hardly believe it, not won at UTD since 2005 or something crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    No Rafa thanks very much. Another management change won't help unless it is accompanied by reform.

Problems at the club need to be addressed by structural change, which I have little faith in happening anytime soon. Even appointing a DoF seems beyond us. Woodward and the Glazers aren't bothered about root and branch reform, the club is just a cash cow. In many ways, the loss of revenue from not qualifying for the CL and the subsequent loss of sponsorship might be good for United long-term in that it might force change.

Impressions from the game last night: We were better than against West Ham. Second half was decent to watch. A few of the young players will continue to benefit from this experience. Thought we could have nicked a goal near the end but a draw probably fair. I don't know too much about the current Arsenal side but on the evidence of last night, pray Aubameyang stays fit! Most incisive player in either team.
    You are right about Aubameyang, without him and Lacazette we would struggle for a top half finish yet alone a top 4. Pepe was disappointing again

Bloody hell that has to be the end of Pochettino surely?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Bloody hell that has to be the end of Pochettino surely?
    Oh my god....... That is a catastrophe of the highest calibre............. Im loving it

Blog Entries
    Oh my god....... That is a catastrophe of the highest calibre............. Im loving it

Regarding the decline of Man U, looking at the team I just see a group of pretty average players. No Van Nistelroy's, Van Persie's or indeed any world class players.

Pogba only plays when he feels like it, which is less and less nowadays.

It's going to be a long haul for a turnaround IMO.

In other news, West Ham are fifth.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    I'm glad somebody has noticed Neil.
    All the talk about Leicester 'doing it' or Man Utd in decline and all the other boring, annually-regurgitated love-ins with Liverpool and Man City make the Premier League a tedious place. There are other teams and I feel for all fans from less fashionable clubs.
    West Ham are doing great, being a long time fan I know it is only a matter of time before the collapse but I'm happy at the moment. COYI!

Craftsman
    Great start but bit nervy now!

Great start but bit nervy now!

I should say so!

Craftsman
    I should have bought a change of underwear......

Having watched Arsenal's youngsters vs Standard Liege last night I am more heartened about a top 4 finish. Admittedly playing at the Emirates against Liege isn't the same as an away trip to the Etihad but from what I saw Arsenal's younger players are as good as anyone else's. Kieran Tierney looks a player and is returning to fitness since his signing from Celtic, Bellerin is nearing full fitness and Gabriel Martinelli is supposedly the 'new Ronaldo'. A long way to go in order to justify that moniker but a good start and a couple of nicely taken goals. If we can integrate some of these exceptional young players into the team, get Lacazette back and help Nicolas Pepe remember how to kick a ball then we can aim at 3rd place as a result of the Tottenham turmoil.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Having watched Arsenal's youngsters vs Standard Liege last night I am more heartened about a top 4 finish. Admittedly playing at the Emirates against Liege isn't the same as an away trip to the Etihad but from what I saw Arsenal's younger players are as good as anyone else's. Kieran Tierney looks a player and is returning to fitness since his signing from Celtic, Bellerin is nearing full fitness and Gabriel Martinelli is supposedly the 'new Ronaldo'. A long way to go in order to justify that moniker but a good start and a couple of nicely taken goals. If we can integrate some of these exceptional young players into the team, get Lacazette back and help Nicolas Pepe remember how to kick a ball then we can aim at 3rd place as a result of the Tottenham turmoil.

I agree it was enjoyable to watch, I just wish he played the same team against UTD on the weekend, well with pea upfront. Unfortunately I do not see many started on the weekend and back to the team he put out against UTD

You've got to push West Ham out first.

The Prem this year looks like two clubs ...........and the rest.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    You've got to push West Ham out first.

The Prem this year looks like two clubs ...........and the rest.

I'm looking forward / dreading to see how we play tomorrow night with Fabs out... I can't say I've seen anything from either replacement that fills me with confidence.

I'm sure it wasn't that long ago that the accepted wisdom was that the top 6 were the top 6 and everyone else was playing for 7th... how times have changed.

I think we have to say Leicester City are a realistic contender for top 4. I don't think Man Utd are but from what I've seen and looking at the quality of the respective First 11s if Leicester can keep their main players fit they can threaten top 4 for sure

Craftsman
    I think we have to say Leicester City are a realistic contender for top 4. I don't think Man Utd are but from what I've seen and looking at the quality of the respective First 11s if Leicester can keep their main players fit they can threaten top 4 for sure
    First of all im surprised this game is not live?

Now I seriously fear Leicester. I think they will turn up tomorrow full of confidence with a view to take 3 points. This is the first game this season where I may consider taking a point as a good result.

Master
    I think we have to say Leicester City are a realistic contender for top 4. I don't think Man Utd are...
    You have nothing to worry about! Unless we remember how to score. Maybe in a couple of years...

Craftsman
    First of all im surprised this game is not live?

Now I seriously fear Leicester. I think they will turn up tomorrow full of confidence with a view to take 3 points. This is the first game this season where I may consider taking a point as a good result.

The tv companies have to chuck some TV games to the smaller clubs citeh and Liverpool can’t be on the tv everyweek even if that’s what the fans want. Given the appeal of the prem now I can’t understand why they don’t televise them all.

Matip is key tomorrow. He was missed on Wednesday and if he’s back from injury the defence should look good again. I expect there to be goals on both sides. Hopefully salah is on fire after 2 goals in midweek, he’s had a slow(ish) start in the league.

Looking forward to Vardy tearing the cheating hackers a new one 😂

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Looking forward to Vardy tearing the cheating hackers a new one
    "fair play" to that

"fair play" to that

Yep , failing it must have hurt eh ?

Craftsman
    Matip definitely out. Joe Gomez a very strong replacement tho.

Craftsman
    Spuds at it again........

I hope loris is ok.

Craftsman

Craftsman
    Spuds are shocking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1981 View Post
    Spuds are shocking.

Watching it woeful crowd want 7 could not happen to a nicer club.

Looking forward to St Totteringham's Day in April this year