closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 459

Thread: Premier League 19/20

  1. #201
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    Wolves v United.......... Anyone watching?

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  2. #202
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    1-0 martial

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  3. #203
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    31,270
    As a B&W I look forward to a season even more miserable than usual.

  4. #204
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    west midlands
    Posts
    1,142
    Roooben Nevezzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

  5. #205
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,326
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    1-0 martial

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk



    Now 1-1 no thanks to a IMO a ridiculous VAR review come on Wolves.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  6. #206
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post



    Now 1-1 no thanks to a IMO a ridiculous VAR review come on Wolves.
    You have cheered me up.......

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  7. #207
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,326
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    You have cheered me up.......

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Happy to cheer you up dislike manure more than Wolves
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  8. #208
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Happy to cheer you up dislike manure more than Wolves
    Definitely a goal of the month contender.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  9. #209
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Northants UK
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Definitely a goal of the month contender.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Cracking goal.

  10. #210
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,326
    Blog Entries
    4
    Well we got away with it and i reckon Norwich will do ok some very nice play but VAR and the referee both need looking at
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  11. #211
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Well we got away with it and i reckon Norwich will do ok some very nice play but VAR and the referee both need looking at
    Not seen the game........ So another VAR incident.

    Looks like Chelsea need to call in pimlico plumbers to fix the leak at the back.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  12. #212
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,326
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Not seen the game........ So another VAR incident.

    Looks like Chelsea need to call in pimlico plumbers to fix the leak at the back.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Yeah VAR can see a unintentional hand ball but misses a stamp, a thigh high challenge a foul on Abraham booting him into touch not to mention a non foul on the keeper denying a goal but it is what is
    Our defence is leaky but Rudiger, Kante to come back andas i said interesting season in the making.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  13. #213
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    Oh my god...... Palaaaaaaaaaace

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  14. #214
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,327
    Blog Entries
    1
    There should be a huge void between us and the big clubs like Chelsea but I am happy with the account this lunchtime, we looked sharp and goals once again.

    We did drop deep in the second half and did not play Ďourí game but the manager will take a lot from this game as will a very inexperienced side made up of homegrown youth and tier three German league players. But we will always leak goals and points are points.

    On to the next.

    Pitch

  15. #215
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,326
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Oh my god...... Palaaaaaaaaaace

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Just got to love it
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  16. #216
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,326
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    There should be a huge void between us and the big clubs like Chelsea but I am happy with the account this lunchtime, we looked sharp and goals once again.

    We did drop deep in the second half and did not play Ďourí game but the manager will take a lot from this game as will a very inexperienced side made up of homegrown youth and tier three German league players. But we will always leak goals and points are points.

    On to the next.

    Pitch
    Like i said previously i thought you played well and have a load of potential and in some ways we are the same given the transfer ban, new rookie manager and youth.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  17. #217
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,973
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Oh my god...... Palaaaaaaaaaace

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Thatíll be another 10 million United fans who ďhave fallen out of love with the gameĒ tonight.

  18. #218
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    I better be humble now....... Wer ko in a few minutes loo

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  19. #219
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,973
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sky Sports
    ď The title race is hotting up with the two front runners meeting tonight ď
    FFS !!

    Oh look , itís Anthony Altrincham Taylor refereeing . Hmmm .

  20. #220
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Sky Sports
    ď The title race is hotting up with the two front runners meeting tonight ď
    FFS !!

    Oh look , itís Anthony Altrincham Taylor refereeing . Hmmm .
    Is there any ref you actually approve of?

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  21. #221
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,973
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Is there any ref you actually approve of?

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Yes , Collina .

  22. #222
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Yes , Collina .
    I thought his someone you scare your kids with when they misbehave

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  23. #223
    Grand Master Andyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    22,254
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Yes , Collina .

    I shared a swimming pool with him once in Sardinia. Scary on TV, even more scary seeing him up close with just his trunks on.

    Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche


  24. #224
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    3 out of 3........cant keep a CLEAN sheet!!!!

    Arsenal were a good team...... I think they lack leadership.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  25. #225
    Losing to Liverpool is ok, city and Liverpool are miles ahead of everyone else still.

    Pepe looked good and should have put us 1-0. We need to really play Liverpoolís formation with laca pea and Pepe. That would score a lot of goals. Once we get everyone fit we should come top 4

  26. #226
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,690
    Thought Arsenal did ok, realistically we are in a battle with Chelsea for 4th. Top 2 is done, Spurs will get 3rd, Chelsea are improving fast, forget the rest.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  27. #227
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Thought Arsenal did ok, realistically we are in a battle with Chelsea for 4th. Top 2 is done, Spurs will get 3rd, Chelsea are improving fast, forget the rest.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I think you forgot a team from Manchester.......as much as I hate saying it, they were unlucky against Palace.

    I just don't understand why arsenal would get rid of Ramsey. His got more leadership skills than all your midfielders put together. You definitely missed him today.

    On paper you have got one of the most dynamic attacking teams in the premiership, just don't get why they don't click?

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  28. #228
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    I think you forgot a team from Manchester.......as much as I hate saying it, they were unlucky against Palace.

    I just don't understand why arsenal would get rid of Ramsey. His got more leadership skills than all your midfielders put together. You definitely missed him today.

    On paper you have got one of the most dynamic attacking teams in the premiership, just don't get why they don't click?

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    I think its early in the season so I can see the players getting better together and scoring a load of goals. We look shaky at the other end though. TBH 3-1 at Anfield is ok - we showed some fight at the end instead of capitulation like in previous seasons and I guess a 2 goal win at Anfield is below par for Liverpool - 3 goal margin and up is the expectation. Arsenal aren't on Liverpool's level but apart from City nobody is. I do think Spurs have a better overall team than us but I guess there might be the possibility to get 3rd for Arsenal as there isn't that much in it.

    United I reckon are a long way off being good enough and player for player Arsenal are a better team than them so I think they wont get into the top 4. Chelsea coming together nicely and players to come back from injury hence why I think battle for 4th is between them and us

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  29. #229
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,973
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    I think you forgot a team from Manchester.......as much as I hate saying it, they were unlucky against Palace.

    I just don't understand why arsenal would get rid of Ramsey. His got more leadership skills than all your midfielders put together. You definitely missed him today.

    On paper you have got one of the most dynamic attacking teams in the premiership, just don't get why they don't click?

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    United arenít Top 6 , never mind Top 4. Solskjaer will get found out, of that I have no doubt. They will still bundle their way past teams who set up at Old Trafford not to lose, only to realise too late that Utd were there for the taking.

    The Arsenal v Liverpool game was a good one to watch. Pepe shows a lot of promise, David Luiz is , well , David Luiz and will cost Arsenal a lot of misery and thereís definite promise there. Watchin* them play out from the back though will cause more problems than it solves. Contrast that to Liverpools no nonsense defending yesterday which serves them well .

  30. #230
    Master Pitch3110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    4,327
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Like i said previously i thought you played well and have a load of potential and in some ways we are the same given the transfer ban, new rookie manager and youth.
    Yep agreed, we like Frank and he was a total gent when met him as a player when Chelsea were at Norwich two outings in the Prem ago.


    Pitch

  31. #231
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    1,997
    Blog Entries
    1
    Still work to do at Liverpool, the three points is all that matters though.

    I also have a horrible feeling that united will come good

  32. #232
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    Im going to have to disagree here gents......

    Im going to bath in bleach after I have said this, Chelsea just don't have the attacking potency of the mancs........rashford and martial with their pace can scare any defence.

    Defensively maguire will make a big difference. The last 10 minutes, United were a bit naive. It seemed like it was all or nothing. I think the keeper should have stopped it.

    Chelski have some world class individuals in the team but a few does not make the team world class.

    Over the cause of the season both teams will improve but I think the mancs will definitely finish above the chavs.



    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  33. #233
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Surrey, U.K.
    Posts
    258
    God knows where we will finish. It is, after all, still August. Whereas Wolves probably deserved the draw I'm not sure how Palace managed to come away with a win, though good luck to them for doing it. I tend to think refereeing decisions even themselves out over a game but yesterday's were bizarre. Kind of helps if you score your penalties mind.

    Feeling better about the team vs. last year but top six is probably where we are at until we sort out the midfield. Simple pleasures, but just not having to watch Smalling and Jones play is a tonic. Longer term, looking forward to Guardiola and Klopp retiring.

  34. #234
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,973
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    God knows where we will finish. It is, after all, still August. Whereas Wolves probably deserved the draw I'm not sure how Palace managed to come away with a win, though good luck to them for doing it. I tend to think refereeing decisions even themselves out over a game but yesterday's were bizarre. Kind of helps if you score your penalties mind.

    Feeling better about the team vs. last year but top six is probably where we are at until we sort out the midfield. Simple pleasures, but just not having to watch Smalling and Jones play is a tonic. Longer term, looking forward to Guardiola and Klopp retiring.
    On the plus side, there was a team last year who pumped Chelsea at home, drew 1-1 with Wolves away and lost at home to Palace.
    They didnít do too bad trophywise .👍

  35. #235
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Surrey, U.K.
    Posts
    258
    Ha! Similarities end there.

  36. #236
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    31,270
    Toon Toon!

  37. #237
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nineteen eighty something
    Posts
    11,317
    Tremendous result!!

    The haters will talk about the 20% possession we had but games aren't won with possession. Ask Wolfie ;)

    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Toon Toon!

  38. #238
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    Give bruci a job for life

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  39. #239
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nineteen eighty something
    Posts
    11,317
    Errr, no!

    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Give bruci a job for life

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  40. #240
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,973
    Blog Entries
    1
    Got to love VAR right?
    Corrupt doesnít begin to cover it.

  41. #241
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Got to love VAR right?
    Corrupt doesnít begin to cover it.
    Corrupt??? Do elaborate........

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  42. #242
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,842
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Got to love VAR right?
    Corrupt doesnít begin to cover it.

    I've hated it from the beginning.

    Takes away the immediacy and a lot of excitement from the game - and talking points.

    Nice win away for the Irons yesterday with our new CF scoring two.

    Not looking too bad.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  43. #243
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,973
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Corrupt??? Do elaborate........

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Do you think that was a penalty on Silva yesterday ?
    Do you think that was a penalty on Azpilicueta on Saturday?
    The object of VAR was to make the difficult calls and yet itís still subject to a bloke sat in front of a screen and his opinion of the occurrence. A bloke from the same Union as the man on the field .
    32 contentious decisions by an onfield referee and 32 decisions upheld .
    Mike Riley is the head of the organisation. Ask an Arsenal fan about Mike Riley vMan Utd .
    Corrupt .

  44. #244
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Nineteen eighty something
    Posts
    11,317
    Totally agree. VAR doesn't ensure we get the correct decisions and therefore the correct results, it makes sure that referee errors are upheld when they're not 'too wrong'. They can be wrong, just not too wrong.

    It's an absolute joke. Silva and Kane should both have had pens yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Do you think that was a penalty on Silva yesterday ?
    Do you think that was a penalty on Azpilicueta on Saturday?
    The object of VAR was to make the difficult calls and yet itís still subject to a bloke sat in front of a screen and his opinion of the occurrence. A bloke from the same Union as the man on the field .
    32 contentious decisions by an onfield referee and 32 decisions upheld .
    Mike Riley is the head of the organisation. Ask an Arsenal fan about Mike Riley vMan Utd .
    Corrupt .

  45. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Do you think that was a penalty on Silva yesterday ?
    Do you think that was a penalty on Azpilicueta on Saturday?
    The object of VAR was to make the difficult calls and yet itís still subject to a bloke sat in front of a screen and his opinion of the occurrence. A bloke from the same Union as the man on the field .
    32 contentious decisions by an onfield referee and 32 decisions upheld .
    Mike Riley is the head of the organisation. Ask an Arsenal fan about Mike Riley vMan Utd .
    Corrupt .
    Exactly. Can you imagine if VAR regularly starts giving decisions contrary to the original refs decisions? Thereíd be constant criticism of the state of the referees, something the PL wouldnít want happening. I was watching the City game right in front of a huge screen in a bar and the penalty decision for Silva was ridiculous.

    Unfortunately I reckon itís here to stay so itís just a case of getting used to it.

  46. #246
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,842
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Exactly. Can you imagine if VAR regularly starts giving decisions contrary to the original refs decisions? Thereíd be constant criticism of the state of the referees, something the PL wouldnít want happening. I was watching the City game right in front of a huge screen in a bar and the penalty decision for Silva was ridiculous.

    Unfortunately I reckon itís here to stay so itís just a case of getting used to it.
    So actually no better than we had before?

    VAR = waste of time.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  47. #247
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Northants UK
    Posts
    257
    Game Sunday that I never look forward to or enjoy, arsenal away NLD.

    Lets hope we even have 11 players to field....

  48. #248
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Bath,UK
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Lets hope we even have 11 players to field....
    ...and a manager?

    If Pepe plays it could be a high scoring match - I donít see a lot of quality defenders on either side.

  49. #249
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,690
    I take back what I said about Sheff Utd being relegation fodder. They have a lot of spirit and play as a team. Respect.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  50. #250
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,842
    Watching today's match it looks more like Norwich as relegation fodder.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •