closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 1741

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Blog Entries
    The problem that Spurs have is an imported one called the JM virus, D Levy caught it and it has infected an entire club and will cost a fortune to find a cure for personally as a CFC supporter surrounded by Spuds i can only look from a safe distance.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Mourinho is poison and I can't believe another big PL club took him on after the job he did at Utd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Mourinho is poison and I can't believe another big PL club took him on after the job he did at Utd.
    Personally , I thought he did a sterling job over there .

Master
    I'm sure you're not alone there.

Blog Entries
    City's Champions League ban lifted by court of arbitration for sport

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tion-for-sport

City...had furiously denied wrongdoing ...

...and accused Uefa’s processes and decision-makers of being biased against the club...

BTW - Uefa’s source of info has been charged with 147 criminal offences, including hacking and other cybercrimes...

QED

Master
    Glad to see the ban lifted. Gives much more alive and importance to the battle for the UCL places over the next 3 matches.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master

Premier League 19/20

Not surprised the ban was lifted money talks

Should make last couple weeks interesting Leicester on the slide, Chelsea inconsistent United motoring and wolves going well.

Down the bottom though wow I bet Watford were over the moon to snatch a win and then Bournemouth stuff Leicester, West Ham win as well should make this weeks game very interesting
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 13th July 2020 at 13:07.

With the weekends results the relegation battle (Norwich aside) is looking very exciting.

A bit too exciting for me.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

I have nothing at all against Man City and I thoroughly enjoy watching them play but how on earth did they get away with that other than....
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I have nothing at all against Man City and I thoroughly enjoy watching them play but how on earth did they get away with that other than....
    Get away with what exactly ?
    It would be interesting to hear your take on what crime we have committed.
    Plus, from a Toon perspective, if your takeover goes through , this result would mean you can splash the cash .
    Genuinely don’t understand your point .

They didn’t get away with anything. UEFA banned them for an investigation that was flawed and already covered a period that had been dealt with in a previous judgement. UEFA clearly had a hissy fit after Der Spiegel’s email leaks
    If there’s any common sense there should be a rank and file review of FFP and what purpose it serves. In its original guise I doubt the Glasers purchase of Man Utd would have been possible and look at the debt saddled to a club that was previously debt free.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    They didn’t get away with anything. UEFA banned them for an investigation that was flawed and already covered a period that had been dealt with in a previous judgement. UEFA clearly had a hissy fit after Der Spiegel’s email leaks
    If there’s any common sense there should be a rank and file review of FFP and what purpose it serves. In its original guise I doubt the Glasers purchase of Man Utd would have been possible and look at the debt saddled to a club that was previously debt free.
    Totally agree - FFP should have been designed to ensure owners didn’t over spend / over borrow ie Leeds situation. However UEFA (with hardly a distinguished record on corruption etc) decided to design it to keep the new money out and the old order in place. What risk to City is there with a wealthy owner pumping their own money in and having a go at challenging the Man U’s etc ?

Far more risk with the high debt models.

Having said all that, my passion for the game is being diminished by the number of dodgy owners/big business and VAR.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Totally agree - FFP should have been designed to ensure owners didn’t over spend / over borrow ie Leeds situation. However UEFA (with hardly a distinguished record on corruption etc) decided to design it to keep the new money out and the old order in place. What risk to City is there with a wealthy owner pumping their own money in and having a go at challenging the Man U’s etc ?

Far more risk with the high debt models.

Having said all that, my passion for the game is being diminished by the number of dodgy owners/big business and VAR.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Good points well made.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    FFP was always and still is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

How noble to protect clubs from themselves eh.

It was designed to protect the cartel nothing more and nothing less. You could simply bring in a rule to capitalse any planned overspend before or after each financial year.

The old order loved it. You can't spend any money you haven't got and you can't spend any money you have, unless of course it's obtained in way which keeps the status quo.

Over-inflation of, for example, sponsorship rights. There's no way the club is generating the income it's spending without the 'help' of wealthy friends. We also know that UEFA is as corrupt as FIFA and we'd all be very naive if we believed there hasn't been any exchanging of brown envelopes to make this go away. Obviously I can't prove that but I'm not as green as I'm cabbage-looking.

On our takeover, I'm sure that will stink too. Maybe not on the size and scale of City's but there will be some dodgy practices. As I said earlier, I enjoy watching City. I enjoy good players and good teams.

I'm genuinely not singling-out City, I'm sure PSG has done the same if not worse. I'm simply saying I don't believe they're always generating income legitimately.

=thegoat;5477154]Get away with what exactly ?
    It would be interesting to hear your take on what crime we have committed.
    Plus, from a Toon perspective, if your takeover goes through , this result would mean you can splash the cash .
    Genuinely don’t understand your point .

I’m pleased that UEFA have been outed publicly as the shambolic corrupt organisation they are.
    They actually changed the FFP rules once City had been cleared the first time around.
    As Russ alludes to , the model was fixed to keep the old guard at the top table for as long as possible. If City don’t win it this year, I’ll be hoping Atalanta do .
    I now wonder how the 8 PL clubs who banded together to write a letter to teacher about that nasty City feel ?

Over-inflation of, for example, sponsorship rights. There's no way the club is generating the income it's spending without the 'help' of wealthy friends. We also know that UEFA is as corrupt as FIFA and we'd all be very naive if we believed there hasn't been any exchanging of brown envelopes to make this go away. Obviously I can't prove that but I'm not as green as I'm cabbage-looking.

On our takeover, I'm sure that will stink too. Maybe not on the size and scale of City's but there will be some dodgy practices. As I said earlier, I enjoy watching City. I enjoy good players and good teams.

I'm genuinely not singling-out City, I'm sure PSG has done the same if not worse. I'm simply saying I don't believe they're always generating income legitimately.
    The over inflation of sponsorship rights has been proven, if anything , to be undervalued .
    Etihad have had their name on the stadium and the front of the shirts for relative peanuts . It wasn’t a patch on Chelsea’s, Uniteds or Liverpool’s . Arsenals too .
    All this happened over five years ago and UEFA tried to stitch City up in a bizarre way. They offered City a fine and suspended ban after they themselves had altered the rulings . City, tellingly, told them where to get off and we’re always confident in their own dealings.

Who exactly would Citygive the brown envelopes to ?
    CAS is a totally separate organisation . The three judges are chosen by UEFA, City and an independent one. That’s why it’s an arbitration court . There quite simply could not be any backhanders.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...n-CRUSHED.html

Maybe read this bit of brilliant journalism from the excellent Martin Samuel. I think it is essential reading and if you really don't know what UEFA is all about, as some posts in this thread indicate clearly, you definitely need to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    The over inflation of sponsorship rights has been proven, if anything , to be undervalued .
    Etihad have had their name on the stadium and the front of the shirts for relative peanuts . It wasn’t a patch on Chelsea’s, Uniteds or Liverpool’s . Arsenals too .
    All this happened over five years ago and UEFA tried to stitch City up in a bizarre way. They offered City a fine and suspended ban after they themselves had altered the rulings . City, tellingly, told them where to get off and we’re always confident in their own dealings.

Who exactly would Citygive the brown envelopes to ?
    CAS is a totally separate organisation . The three judges are chosen by UEFA, City and an independent one. That’s why it’s an arbitration court . There quite simply could not be any backhanders.
    People don't want to know mate. CAS couldn't be bribed by Russia...

City said they had irrefutable evidence and they wouldn't have said that if they were kidding. It's a very good outcome for any club other than the privileged, already represented ones who see the spoils as theirs and theirs alone. Spurs, Everton, Villa, Wolves, Leicester, etc, all the ambitious clubs currently outside the sweet shop should be very happy. Yet all but Sheffield United waded in and wanted City ruined.

I used to really like football. Lol.

Thanks I’ll give that a read.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post

Maybe read this bit of brilliant journalism from the excellent Martin Samuel. I think it is essential reading and if you really don't know what UEFA is all about, as some posts in this thread indicate clearly, you definitely need to read it.

:)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Strangely I find this good news. They have a good fan base, a proud record and have been knocking on the door for some time. They deserve to be a prem team (more than the likes of some others).

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Wouldn't say I have any time for the club or the fans but yes, deserve to be in the PL.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post

No problem with the sentiment and it's probably right in general. But Martin Samuel is a bloody awful journalist and also writing in the Daily cocking Mail.

Great bit of business by United managing to get VAR from Liverpool. An inspired signing .

Master
    We already have all referees paid off so it's just natural progression really.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    No problem with the sentiment and it's probably right in general. But Martin Samuel is a bloody awful journalist and also writing in the Daily cocking Mail.
    To be fair to Samuel , he gets lots of praise from City fans as , at times, he’s a lone voice amongst a lot of anti City sentiment in the press. You only need to look at some of the headlines after the club were cleared at CAS to see this.
    He was also brave enough to admit live on TV that news stories were sometimes embellished (made up ) to generate clicks . A story about a transfer ‘target’ for Utd or Liverpool would gather 8-10 x more clicks than a factual story about City or Everton so it made financial sense to promote them . It goes on in every publication .
    Agreed about The Mail though.

Master
    Did not see Arsenal winning that

Get in Arsenal! Was a bit like watching Atletico Madrid at times, the way they defended as a pack and then broke at speed

Master
    Painful to watch frankly...onwards to hopefully a rather better showing in the week.

Hmmm, so much for at all-Manchester final I’d been expecting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Due to goalkeeping ineptness I'm calling that 1-0 United. Unlucky Chelsea.

Premier League 19/20

I think United has a best eleven which can be set up in a single way and that’s what’s brought recent success. Beyond that, resources are thin and adaptability limited.

I’m with Roy Keane, De Gea ain’t that good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    united are a joke - de gea must surely be on his way out.

Bit of arrogance with that line up from ole?

Master
    Reality. Loads of games and Champions League the priority.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful Sunday hate to say but super from the Spuds and Kane’s goals just superb but my teams win against Manure was even better looking forward to a all London final.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

London 5 - Manchester 1.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    London 5 - Manchester 1.
    Sorry. Good game.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Please MC give Watford a good spanking tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by lacroix4 View Post
    I'm an arsenal fan, but I wouldn't be unhappy with a draw this evening, and us spanking Watford in the final game.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    I'm an arsenal fan, but I wouldn't be unhappy with a draw this evening, and us spanking Watford in the final game.
    With you on that scenario!Last day would be hellish .

Since August 2015 , we’ve played and beaten Watford ten times .
    The aggregate score is 39-4
    We’ve had an 8-0, two 6-0 and a five for.
    I’m sticking a couple of quid on Watford tonight . :)

With you on that scenario!Last day would be hellish .
    UTV

Spineless by Arsenal. Clearly had an eye on the FA Cup final, wouldn't be surprised if Watford beat them

Blog Entries
    Go on the VILLA! Massive massive win for them against Arsenal tonight!

Excellent play by Villa, with some great tactics changing the formation three times in the game. Not a single shot on goal by Arsenal. Poor Watford, they're going to get thumped.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Well done Villa.
    That’s increased the chances of Europa League football for the Wolves again next season
    Last edited by klunk; 22nd July 2020 at 09:22.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Spineless by Arsenal. Clearly had an eye on the FA Cup final, wouldn't be surprised if Watford beat them
    Did you watch the game? That was a couple of very difficult performances, combined with lots of football played catching up with us.

If we emerge from this season with an FA cup victory, I'd consider it a success considering how it fell apart under Emery.

I'd dearly love to send Troy Deeney down. Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    I'd dearly love to send Troy Deeney down. Here's hoping.
    You and all Villa fans!
    "A man of little significance"