closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,600 of 1741

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Master
    Fully deserved as all league winners are, in this strangest of seasons.

Roll on something a bit more normal in 20-21.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    So we will be reminded of for the next 31 yrs
    No good deed and all that

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Deserved Champions, but boy will the fans be even more unbearable than usual.
    Some woeful defending and passing from the back by City tonight, Mendy especially.
    That is 100% the plan.

Up the Reds!

Having loads of Man U fans has mates ,I’m gonna enjoy this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Rather them that city or Chelsea who bought their titles.

Sent from my SM-T510 using TZ-UK mobile app

I think the photo of my son sums it up.

As a very young Liverpool fan in 1978 I've witnessed all the titles up to 1990 and then the period where everything fell apart after Dalglish left. We've come close a few times but in all honesty we were never at the same level as the great Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea sides. Man City have emerged as another amazing team but under Klopp we've improved steadily each year, put behind the unbelievable loss of the title last year and just continued to play like a tremendous machine. For me the loss to City in 2013 was the hardest to take, much worse than last year, but this makes up for everything. Completely deserved and now Premier League, Champions League, Super Cup and World Club Cup holders in the space of a year.

Blog Entries
    LFC your starter for?

Manchester United (13), Chelsea (5), Manchester City (4), Arsenal (3), Blackburn Rovers (1), Leicester City (1) and Liverpool (1).
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post
    Rather them that city or Chelsea who bought their titles.

Sent from my SM-T510 using TZ-UK mobile app
    ROFL! Yeah, because Liverpool's entire squad consists of either local lads born and bred who simply play for the badge and are rewarded with only board and lodgings and a meagre wage or, players the club gained from playground swapsies.

Journeyman
    LFC your starter for?

Manchester United (13), Chelsea (5), Manchester City (4), Arsenal (3), Blackburn Rovers (1), Leicester City (1) and Liverpool (1).
    My young lad thinks footy didn’t exist before the Prem too.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    LIVERPOOL FC CHAMPIONS
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Pride of the North :)

North? Why nor, canny way south hinny. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

As a life long LFC fan im elated, not just with the Title, they way we won it, some fantastic football, grit when we didnt play well and a generally great attitude

Ive been lucky to follow them around Europe, Istanbul, Madrid, Athens. plenty of home games, where for the last 2 seasons its been a real pleasure to go to anfield with my son - we have had some great trips

The points gap is a red hearing (no pun intended), city if they sort themselves out defensively remain an incredible force, I think Chelsea are on the road under Lampard to some success. Utd - hmmm im not an Ole believer, i genuinely dont believe they can win a premier league with Mcquire, the Pogba debacle needs to be sorted, i think they are years away from a sniff at the title.

I will take some joy in rubbing a few ManU fans noses in it, only because of the sufferance i have had to endure in the last 30 years, but having nothing but respect for what the club has achieved in the last 3 decades

Spurs - capable of kicking on

Arsenal - much like Utd have more work to do with that squad - first order of business, get rid of Luis, i'd take a tube of Smarties for him and buy his train ticket to wherever he wants to go - except they've signed him for another 12 months, WTF

But for now - just gonna enjoy the moment

LFC your starter for?

You were born after 1990 Mart?

Well done Liverpool. Deserved the title and won it playing good attacking football whilst bringing some talented youngsters through as well. I'm a huge fan of Klopp also - I'm mystified why Arsenal turned down the chance to nab him when he left Dortmund.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    You were born after 1990 Mart?
    No mate been a Chelsea supporter for over 60 yrs just pointing out the current EPL title table that is since 1992 great season from LFC now let’s see if they can kick on?

No mate been a Chelsea supporter for over 60 yrs just pointing out the current EPL title table that is since 1992 great season from LFC now let’s see if they can kick on?
    It was only meant as a joke pal.

What's your thoughts on your new signings? Thinking it could hurt a few of the youngsters coming through looking to get first team football.

Blog Entries
    It was only meant as a joke pal.

What's your thoughts on your new signings? Thinking it could hurt a few of the youngsters coming through looking to get first team football.
    After last night where we hopefully cemented CL for the next season not a Citeh fan but hope they do not get banned from Europe as that could let that other mob from Manchester get CL
    I think Frank has done a great job but like all teams we need to “ kick on” so new young blood brought in is essential and hopefully some dead wood will be going Drinkwater,Barkley,Batman, Pedro gone and i reckon Willian also plus i can see Kante going for top dollar.Always a difficult balance but a 25 man squad needs balance and challenges.It seems we will not be getting Sancho but not unhappy i think he is a potential problem.
    Last edited by mart broad; 26th June 2020 at 14:20.

Well done Liverpool, not bad being English, European and World champions at the same time. Richly deserved and this is coming from a Blue.

I was pleased that they didn't win it at Goodison and we nearly nicked a late winner. All is good as we broke through the 40 point barrier at Norwich so now it's flip flop time for us. If only Carlo could get us out of being a club that spends the entire season waiting for 40 points and concentrates on actually winning something - that would be good. The Caribo and FA Cups have to be the first targets, sod 5th place, the EC is the devils curse on most teams.

It will be interesting to see how Chelsea develop in the coming years with Frank and the young talent they have. At the moment I can’t see beyond City and Liverpool fighting for title for time to come, the Glasers are more interested in ploughing the club for cash. One things for sure Pep will be fuming at losing by so many points and, depending on the CAS appeal, I expect to see some major changes at City

Master
    Blog Entries
    LFC your starter for?

Liverpool trophy count - 43

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Liverpool trophy count - 43
    Maybe but just one EPL title since the reform from Div one in 92 don’t beat yourself up you can catch up

It’s called harmless banter mate.

Just to show it’s not all LFC

Government expected to announce that as from July 4th West Ham players will be permitted to visit other teams penalty areas for short periods providing they pose no threat to the opposition
    Last edited by mart broad; 26th June 2020 at 21:52.

Covid19

When City won the league after a long wait, my first thought was to nip into the city centre and set fire to one of its landmark buildings .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    When City won the league after a long wait, my first thought was to nip into the city centre and set fire to one of its landmark buildings .

The funny thing is that the Liver Building was sold a couple of years ago to the Luxembourg Company in which Everton FC is a shareholder.

That aside, unfortunately your post makes you sound rather petty and envious of Liverpool FC success. Perhaps it’s to suck it up until Man City and Pep win it again.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    The funny thing is that the Liver Building was sold a couple of years ago to the Luxembourg Company in which Everton FC is a shareholder.

That aside, unfortunately your post makes you sound rather petty and envious of Liverpool FC success. Perhaps it’s to suck it up until Man City and Pep win it again.
    It does, and I am .
    I’ve no issue with the team and the manager .
    It’s the high and mighty glorification which we are subjected to by the media and their fans .
    The mayor of Liverpool said previously that the fans couldn’t be trusted . The club and The Spirit of Shankly fans group came out and attacked his statement and his attacks on the fans . It’ll be interesting to hear from them now.

Whoever owns the building now is a moot point. It’s a landmark building , iconic in its own right. FFS, it’s even got the Liver Birds on the top .

Master
    Blog Entries
    My mates mum used to have an office in the Liver building. I have fond memories of dumping out bags there when we got home off leave and heading out for many a session.

As ecstatic as I am, the scenes around the town need to stop. Please go home. The time will come for the mass celebrations. If it’s anything like last year from the CL it will be quite a weekend.
    Last edited by Middo; 27th June 2020 at 18:12.

It does, and I am .
    WHY are you so petty and envious ?
    I'm sure you're a nice guy but the pea brained football mentality shouts aren't great really.
    As I've said before, win or lose, we're still going to work on Monday morning...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I'm sure you're a nice guy but the pea brained football mentality shouts aren't great really.
    As I've said before, win or lose, we're still going to work on Monday morning...
    Not sure if goats the same guy who through a hissy and sold his season ticket after Liverpool beat them. I know someone here did.

But I’m not . Perhaps a tongue in cheek response to Andy.
    Ive stated before that I’ve no issue with the team or Klopp.
    It’s the sycophancy attached to the club and the ‘fans’ who behave in this manner time after time.
    On the BBC last Thursday there was a report condemning the balloons on the beaches around Bournemouth. Immediately after , they reported similar crowded scenes around Anfield as high jinks . It’s like there’s a ban on reporting the uglier side.

Let’s face it, if City fans, Chelsea fans, Utd fans, whatever , were filmed firing fireworks into a crowd of people they’d be rightly slaughtered.

The mayor of your city warned against this and was shot down from all sides.

What other group of fans would find humour in this , trying to light up an iconic building, desecrating a statue of an Everton idol or even getting in a car and driving to Old Trafford in an attempt to do the same there?

You say there about going back to work on Monday. What if there’s a huge spike in Liverpool due to the congregations recently ? There was already a number of deaths attributed to the Athletico game wasn’t there?
    Yet, here again , the behaviour is almost condoned by Merseyside Policeand the council.
    It’s weird .

No, I didnt give up my Season Ticket btw.

Questions:
    1) if they had been MC fans, would you have condemned it in the same way?
    2) in regards to that last question, do you think that history plays its part in the relationship between LFC fans and the police, and the reluctance of the latter to step in when it is probably better they don’t?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    They are cretins and if was anywhere else i would feel the same be it Manchester, London or wherever.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...rpool-18498738
    Last edited by mart broad; 27th June 2020 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Questions:
    1) if they had been MC fans, would you have condemned it in the same way?
    2) in regards to that last question, do you think that history plays its part in the relationship between LFC fans and the police, and the reluctance of the latter to step in when it is probably better they don’t?
    1 Absolutely . I’ve already posted on the thread about the racist knobhead at the Utd match .
    2 . No , why should it? If they think they are above the law , what lengths do you think it could go to ?

There is a difference between taking a stance against a racist thug and condemning a large group of over enthusiastic supporters who have waited for so long (I mean lockdown weeks) to celebrate a title that they could have lost off the field. I hasten to add that I do not condone what they did, that I am not a LFC supporter and that I don’t even follow football. But this debate is interesting, especially when we get to the second question.
    Should there be a limit? Without hesitation yes, of course. And there is. The problem is, it’s not the same everywhere.
    Take the rave, where the police did not intervene. It may result in a new cluster and may cost lives. So it’s wrong. Had the police intervened, would the situation have been made better or worse? We have 2 examples, Brixton and Notting Hill, where the answer is: it was made worse. However, had they not intervene, would it have been socially acceptable? I don’t think so. But they might have intervene differently, maybe.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

But I’m not . Perhaps a tongue in cheek response to Andy.
    Ive stated before that I’ve no issue with the team or Klopp.
    It’s the sycophancy attached to the club and the ‘fans’ who behave in this manner time after time.
    On the BBC last Thursday there was a report condemning the balloons on the beaches around Bournemouth. Immediately after , they reported similar crowded scenes around Anfield as high jinks . It’s like there’s a ban on reporting the uglier side.

Let’s face it, if City fans, Chelsea fans, Utd fans, whatever , were filmed firing fireworks into a crowd of people they’d be rightly slaughtered.

The mayor of your city warned against this and was shot down from all sides.

What other group of fans would find humour in this , trying to light up an iconic building, desecrating a statue of an Everton idol or even getting in a car and driving to Old Trafford in an attempt to do the same there?

You say there about going back to work on Monday. What if there’s a huge spike in Liverpool due to the congregations recently ? There was already a number of deaths attributed to the Athletico game wasn’t there?
    Yet, here again , the behaviour is almost condoned by Merseyside Policeand the council.
    It’s weird .

No, I didnt give up my Season Ticket btw.
    A 6+ paragraph response says it all really.
    Get a life man...

A 6+ paragraph response says it all really.
    Get a life man...
    Why ? Is one sentence your limit ?
    Why don’t you add to the debate as opposed to your reply here or FFS as previous .
    You said we all go to work in Monday . What about the ones who won’t ? The kid who was stabbed perhaps ?

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 19/20

The athletico match should have been postponed. You can’t blame the fans though for that.
    Last edited by Middo; 27th June 2020 at 14:54.

Get a life man...
    Sums it up perfectly.

Why ? Is one sentence your limit ?
    Why don’t you add to the debate as opposed to your reply here or FFS as previous .
    You said we all go to work in Monday . What about the ones who won’t ? The kid who was stabbed perhaps ?
    Yawn.....

The passive support on here for that feral crowd of scumballs.

My son has been on his back with this virus and got off it again to continue his work as an a&e registrar.

Meanwhile we see the scenes of the last two nights. I suppose when their grandparents are dying on a ventilator it will be palms out as usual looking for someone else to blame.

Yawn eh.

Sums it up perfectly.
    Jamie Carragher likes this well thought out response.

It's only you, it appears, that thinks it takes a lot of words to make a point.
    That's really not the case I assure you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post

My son has been on his back with this virus and got off it again to continue his work as an a&e registrar.

Meanwhile we see the scenes of the last two nights. I suppose when their grandparents are dying on a ventilator it will be palms out as usual looking for someone else to blame.

Yawn eh.
    Oof, strong words them.
    Remind me, who are you blaming ?

Aston Villa look lost . Where’s the fight gone ?
    They were in the Carabao Cup Final in February.
    Good win for Wolves to maintain an interesting battle for the European places .

- - - Updated - - -

It's only you, it appears, that thinks it takes a lot of words to make a point.
    That's really not the case I assure you.

- - - Updated - - -

Oof, strong words them.
    Yawn

Good stuff

Yawn
    Did he like this well thought out response too?

Aston Villa look lost . Where’s the fight gone ?
    They were in the Carabao Cup Final in February.
    Six goals from strikers all season. John Terry in charge of the leakiest defence in the PL. 10 men defending, one isolated striker. Everyone knows how to neutralise us - foul Grealish and keep two defenders on the isolated striker and Bob's your uncle. Well, apart from today, when we looked a bit better except everyone seemed to be trying not to hit the target. Douglas Luiz and Jack Grealish are currently the only two players very clearly advertising themselves for a future outside Aston Villa and Championship football.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post

Yawn eh.
    I agree with you to a point. My sister works in A&E and has had the virus and passed it to her husband.

Feral is a bit harsh though. At least some have gone back to clear up the mess, and from what I hear it’s was all good natured.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB7rfQaH...=11wiu76ojr9oe
    Last edited by Middo; 27th June 2020 at 18:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Six goals from strikers all season. John Terry in charge of the leakiest defence in the PL. 10 men defending, one isolated striker. Everyone knows how to neutralise us - foul Grealish and keep two defenders on the isolated striker and Bob's your uncle. Well, apart from today, when we looked a bit better except everyone seemed to be trying not to hit the target. Douglas Luiz and Jack Grealish are currently the only two players very clearly advertising themselves for a future outside Aston Villa and Championship football.
    I’m positive City have a buyback/sell on clause for Luiz . There was high hopes for him at one stage but he was twice denied a work permit for City.
    Grealish is certainly talented and will command a good fee. Hopefully , this will help recruit new players for next season.

I’m positive City have a buyback/sell on clause for Luiz . There was high hopes for him at one stage but he was twice denied a work permit for City.
    Grealish is certainly talented and will command a good fee. Hopefully , this will help recruit new players for next season.
    You might be right. We have a habit of scouting decent players, making them look rubbish, lowering their sell-on fee and watching them do great things wherever they move to. What went wrong is we wasted a lot of time with Steve Bruce (yes, yes, we made it to the playoff final with him but had such a good team we should have breezed the league) and last season had a bunch of loanees (Tammy Abraham, for example) so by the time we came into the PL we had some big holes that needed filling and forgot to buy a striker who didn't need bedding in. We had an opportunity in the Championship to build a good team around a few key players and hit the PL running (like Sheffield United have, for example) but unfortunately prices seem to double for the best players when a club with money comes asking about them. Who knows where we'll go from here, assuming we are relegated this season, but it could be incredibly painful losing our good players and trying to rebuild again with the same players. As much as I like the manager, we seem to be missing the ability to defend and score goals.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    That City away kit is possibly my favourite non-Utd kit ever. Love it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    That City away kit is possibly my favourite non-Utd kit ever. Love it.
    Fruit Salad