Craftsman
    Looks like the spuds pulled it off.....

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Looks like the spuds pulled it off.....

Yep once Erickson came on second half they straight away upped their game

My Sunday prediction Wolves win ( i like them a good addition to the PL) Arsenal will beat the Toon 3-1and my lot will lose to MU 2-1
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Yep once Erickson came on second half they straight away upped their game

My Sunday prediction Wolves win ( i like them a good addition to the PL) Arsenal will beat the Toon 3-1and my lot will lose to MU 2-1
    I think Chelsea will beat united...... 2-0

I'm an Arsenal fan but even I at half time am regretting not flicking to the 'Watching Paint Dry' channel

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    "All the Germans so many Germans and they all go hand in hand, hand in hand through their, Farke-Life... (to Parklife tune)
    Brilliant

Interesting start top two predictable wins, Everton held by Palace,well done Brighton and Burnley hopefully Spurs will get beaten but i doubt it and the same for Arsenal tomorrow then the first real game of the season in my book so all i can say is COYB
    Now now, Mart

To be fair, we looked pretty good for the season opener. 30+ shots on goal reflects the pattern of the match pretty well, and that was without Son, Dele, Vertonghen, Foyth and Lo Celso (all will be starters normally, including our new boy once he’s settled in) and with Eriksen on the bench for more than half the match.

I can’t say that I’m looking forward to next week, mind.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Glass is from LFC shop and the strap from the sale listing I got it says WatchGecko sailcloth-style strap.
    Thanks, glass for my dad and a strap for me inbound.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Thanks, glass for my dad and a strap for me inbound.
    superb. strap is very comfy. Meant to say if you buy something full price from the LFC shop you can get 50% off the champs league shirt. Got the shirt for my uncle for his birthday

It's very early of course but Chelsea look like they are struggling to get any quality up front (they have been unlucky with the 2 efforts against the woodwork) but obviously they can't sign anyone so I'd hope for them they have players to come back in else they are nowhere near a top 4 side. Zouma looks terrible as well.

Edited to add in the time I typed this United got 2 goals

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    It's very early of course but Chelsea look like they are struggling to get any quality up front (they have been unlucky with the 2 efforts against the woodwork) but obviously they can't sign anyone so I'd hope for them they have players to come back in else they are nowhere near a top 4 side. Zouma looks terrible as well.

Edited to add in the time I typed this United got 2 goals

I watched most of the 1st half with a lifelong United fan....... He wasn't very impressed with his team either but Chelsea lacked a killer instinct in the box. Zouma....... Reminds me of titas bramble lol

Master
    Is he happier now?

Mourinho is a really good pundit IMHO. Although at 1-0 he would have shut up shop and tried to grind it out!

Blog Entries
    OK a bad day at the office Zouma? if we did not have the ban he would have been gone was always a donkey, upfront we are light, Pedro had a mare but at least we are above the Hammers
    It will be a difficult season but upwards and onwards

Mourinho is a really good pundit IMHO. Although at 1-0 he would have shut up shop and tried to grind it out!

Love it when asked how many teams could win title he said four.... City, Liverpool, spurs and City B team! He can’t help himself.

Never watched all the game but the bits I did see they both looked poor ,god knows how the sh...e scored 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    In disbelief myself, Chelsea normally beat us pretty comfortably, at least in recent years. A welcome change.

Craftsman
    It has to be said, bar city, its been unimpressive this weekend.

Master
    Standards are very high after last year. I still find it amazing that so many English clubs were in the CL semis.

OK a bad day at the office Zouma? if we did not have the ban he would have been gone was always a donkey, upfront we are light, Pedro had a mare but at least we are above the Hammers
    It will be a difficult season but upwards and onwards
    Np reason why you shouldn't be thinking Europa League, Mart

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Np reason why you shouldn't be thinking Europa League, Mart
    Quite honestly given the new manager,no transfers etc it would not be that bad going to be an interesting ride.

Craftsman
    Liverpool v Chelsea on Wednesday........ Should be fun but not expecting a big score line.

Liverpool v Chelsea on Wednesday........ Should be fun but not expecting a big score line.

Why not ?
    Chelsea look bereft at the minute with a very inexperienced front line, a defence that looks, Azpuilleceta aside, really poor and Pedro looking like hes playing with his boots on the wrong feet. I’d expect to see a few goals here. Plus, the PL fixtures also gave Pool two extra days to prepare.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Why not ?
    Chelsea look bereft at the minute with a very inexperienced front line, a defence that looks, Azpuilleceta aside, really poor and Pedro looking like hes playing with his boots on the wrong feet. I’d expect to see a few goals here. Plus, the PL fixtures also gave Pool two extra days to prepare.
    Im sure there will be goals but it all depends on our midfield, they seem like they are still on holiday........ As klopp said the other night, pointless clearing the 1st ball if you can't win the 2nd. Iv got the glass half empty for this game lol

There was definitely a lack of sharpness but that's to be expected for the first game back. They need to mentally get it together to get that aggression and drive to win the ball and hopefully string passes better than they did on Friday.

I'm assuming the reason why we didn't spend more money in the transfer window was because of a lack of funds or a block on spending as it's mind bloggling that they can actually believe the current squad is strong enough to win the PL this season if we get injuries to 2-3 key players.

Im sure there will be goals but it all depends on our midfield, they seem like they are still on holiday........ As klopp said the other night, pointless clearing the 1st ball if you can't win the 2nd. Iv got the glass half empty for this game lol

"It wasn't a 4-0 game" said a disappointed Frank Lampard. Sorry about this Frank, but actually . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Love it when asked how many teams could win title he said four.... City, Liverpool, spurs and City B team! He can’t help himself.
    Jose Mourinho and Gary Neville together looked a bit uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think José will be at Sky longer than he hopes. I can’t see too many top flight clubs offering him a job after his last two stints, plus his ego will stop him accepting many offers because they won’t be up to his expectations.
    Gary Lineker tweeted best performance by United with Mourinho at Old Trafford!

Jamie Carragher had me laughing in the the commentary, the main commentator was talking how Ole was disappointed when the fitness levels when he took over, Jamie quickly snapped "well whos fault was that" knowing Jose was in the studio to which the other commentator just laughed.

Was busy so missed the Arsenal match but looks like nothing much happened, we did field a weak team I really hope Emery learns from last season and plays laca and pea together and not one or the other. We need them both on the pitch, Laca up top with pea and pepe behind. Torreria, Cabellos, Xhaka in the midfield aint a bad mid and attack - I wont comment on the back line.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Yep, I really think overall VAR could spoil the spontaneity of the game somewhat which is football's strength against other sports.

I'm sure it'll improve but after my first live game with it working I hate it!

Having to wait after a goal just to see if there's any reason it can't be given is a nonsense but there were two or three occasions where the game was effectively stopped so that the VAR could check for a red card! I don't think anyone in the stadium thought that there was any reason for a booking (on one of them I don't even remember there being a foul).

Complaining about how poor the ref was in the pub afterwards was all part of football! We lost at least 5 points to very dodgy decisions last season - I'd rather that than VAR.

As for the game, Haller looks really good and Rice was his usual self but otherwise not much to write home about. The season starts on Saturday at Brighton.

Blog Entries
    I think José will be at Sky longer than he hopes. I can’t see too many top flight clubs offering him a job after his last two stints, plus his ego will stop him accepting many offers because they won’t be up to his expectations.
    Quite frankly i do not care for JM and i say that as a CFC supporter well aware of what he did with my club first time however he was sacked by both clubs and i felt his bitterness came through yesterday OGS will make a better job of restoring MU to where they should be and FL will i believe succeed in bringing CFC through a difficult season and no realistically i do not expect us to win anything and if we finish top six so be it.
    JM is a cheque book manager sitting in a studio yesterday with Souness ,Neville neither with a decent managerial history and Carragher whose dislike for both of yesterday’s clubs is apparent but LFC midweek so on we go

He will be at Tottenham by November. Pochettino will be off in October. Mourinho has been pretty complimentary about Spurs which means something is up.

Craftsman
    He will be at Tottenham by November. Pochettino will be off in October. Mourinho has been pretty complimentary about Spurs which means something is up.

Have I missed something about poch???

One game in and the 'who's gonna get fired' rounds are alight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    One game in and the 'who's gonna get fired' rounds are alight.
    Reckon that bloke at Man City is on shaky ground not to mention the Liverpool one Poch to Real Madrid has been muted if ZZ cannot get the club winning and if that was the case about the worst thingSpurs could do is to hire JM.

Reckon that bloke at Man City is on shaky ground not to mention the Liverpool one Poch to Real Madrid has been muted if ZZ cannot get the club winning and if that was the case about the worst thingSpurs could do is to hire JM.
    Aah ZZ is already projected to fail then!

Doubt Levy will have the patience to deal with JM. I reckon Wolves or Watford may have to look for a new manager if Poch does leave....

Not a problem losing Fraudiola . He ll never make it anyway.
    Joe Royle is waiting on the wings

You wish

Craftsman
    If poch goes....... I think simeone to the spuds.

Craftsman
    The only manager I think guaranteed a job is fat Frank regardless of how bad he does........ Which other mug is going to manage a premiership team with both hands and legs tied up!

Master
    Steve Bruce for one

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Steve Bruce for one
    He can barely cope, let alone manage.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    The only manager I think guaranteed a job is fat Frank regardless of how bad he does........ Which other mug is going to manage a premiership team with both hands and legs tied up!

Quite honestly i think “ fat Frank” will come good and do a decent job and yes it will be a difficult season given especially the transfer ban why else is Zouma still at the club? and if i as i have said we get a a top six then that will be great we are in transition and Frank is far from being a mug.
    Also good luck to Steve Bruce ( he will need it) in taking on the poisoned chalice that is Ashley’s Newcastle.

I’ve got a lot of time for Lampard. Great player and a very decent bloke by all accounts.
    I hope he does a good job at Chelsea and they give a good account of themselves.
    I didn’t think they were too bad at the Swamp on Sunday . Hit the post at 0-0 and 0-1 . The game could’ve gone either way then .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I’ve got a lot of time for Lampard. Great player and a very decent bloke by all accounts.
    I hope he does a good job at Chelsea and they give a good account of themselves.
    I didn’t think they were too bad at the Swamp on Sunday . Hit the post at 0-0 and 0-1 . The game could’ve gone either way then .

Likewise... I never really understood the abuse Lampard jnr got from the West Ham faithful either when he was playing there or when he left. A really classy player and comes across as an intelligent and considered manager. Good luck to him (although I still dislike Chelsea obv.)

Much better performance from Chelsea tonight - particularly first half

Blog Entries
    P. off we lost on penalties ( but why break a tradition) however overall a good performance against a very decent side and some pointers for a decent season so to the pundits O/W old player losers go do one and yes i include Neville, Carragher,Souness in that.

Craftsman
    Good morning gents.

Just had a catch up of last night's events.

After watching highlights....... I thought Chelsea edged it.

I didn't think Chelsea were going to turn up, let alone nearly winning the dam thing.

Play like that all season and I think guaranteed top 6.

We on the other hand.......... Need to pull our finger out from where the sun dont shine!!!!

Craftsman
    Have I missed something about poch???

Been leaving for the last 3 years apparently...oh along with Kane....

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Been leaving for the last 3 years apparently...oh along with Kane....
    Lol...... I do see him as the next Madrid boss

Master
    No chance to build a legacy at Madrid, I can't see him as one of their 2-3 year stopgaps.