Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Get a room
    Mind your own
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Leicester just got schooled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Didn't see it but certainly was not expecting a battering like that.

Half way through the season and Liverpool have dropped just two points....... staggering consistency.

Master
    It's on this for Liverpool isn't it.

Could have and should have been 9 - 0 tonight.

The fitness and workrate is phenomenal.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant performance last night, full of energy and heart. Title winners or not, you have to be proud of the mentality and work rate of the club.

#BOTP

Master
    Blog Entries
    On a side note, I really hope Leicester take the second spot. Very likeable club and Rodgers knows his onions.

Master
    Brendan is useless IMO...guess we'll see.

Lovely shiny white teeth though.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    On a side note, I really hope Leicester take the second spot. Very likeable club and Rodgers knows his onions.

Agreed but having back to back losses will not help.

The big question is whether oLiverpool can go through the session undefeated in the league. Now that would be impressive.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

You’d settle for third ?

Grand Master
    VAR is absolutely destroying the game now, honestly how could they mess up something so simple.

Embarrassing .

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    VAR is absolutely destroying the game now, honestly how could they mess up something so simple.
    Totally agree, tonight’s game is totally ruined by remote refereeing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Embarrassing .
    Worked in your favour this time though, as was said early it's swings and roundabouts.

You’d settle for third ?
    I absolutely would!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    You’d settle for third ?
    You'd settle for europa league?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Worked in your favour this time though, as was said early it's swings and roundabouts.
    And there it is
    Bingo 😂😂

First one this season though. VAR (or more specifically the people managing it) is ruining the game this season.

Master
    There what is ?

It's football and it's based on humans making decisions. It's never going to be correct.

People complained about poor refs so wanted VAR, which just gives blokes in a room the chance to make their decision on a video clip.

Humans can't agree on anything even when they go up to the sky team at the end of games and they have 3 ex pros they don't agree if certain incidents are pens or red or handballs etc.

You're moaning for moaning sake. Youve had bad decision this season and tonight you've had one go in your favour.

Even without VAR it happened every game " the ref is shit " " cheating ".

It's just a game to pass the time, enjoy it for what it is. Entertainment.

You'd settle for europa league?
    Might have to
    But you know what ?
    We aren’t “European Royalty” so as a collective , we will just suck it up and move on .
    Imagine that eh ?

There what is ?

It's football and it's based on humans making decisions. It's never going to be correct.

People complained about poor refs so wanted VAR, which just gives blokes in a room the chance to make their decision on a video clip.

Humans can't agree on anything even when they go up to the sky team at the end of games and they have 3 ex pros they don't agree if certain incidents are pens or red or handballs etc.

You're moaning for moaning sake. Youve had bad decision this season and tonight you've had one go in your favour.

Even without VAR it happened every game " the ref is shit " " cheating ".

It's just a game to pass the time, enjoy it for what it is. Entertainment.
    OK , Ill play
    Entertainment right ?
    I probably invest4-5 k each year in this . If your newly bought Speedmaster pitched up and it wasn’t right, let’s say the second hand didn’t work . Is that OK because it’s swings and roundabouts and somebody else’s is perfect ?
    Show me my moaning for moanings sake .

You won’t because you can’t .
    I’m still waiting for your Salah offside riposte .
    Next .
    Which decision tonight has gone in our favour ? The sending off ? The penalty ? The retake ? None .

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 19/20

Guardiola is trending on LinkedIn...

Guardiola is trending on LinkedIn...
    Jimmy Tarbuck and Ken Dodd like this post

Just "wow"

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    OK , Ill play
    Entertainment right ?
    I probably invest4-5 k each year in this . If your newly bought Speedmaster pitched up and it wasn’t right, let’s say the second hand didn’t work . Is that OK because it’s swings and roundabouts and somebody else’s is perfect ?
    Show me my moaning for moanings sake .

You won’t because you can’t .
    I’m still waiting for your Salah offside riposte .
    Next .
    Which decision tonight has gone in our favour ? The sending off ? The penalty ? The retake ? None .
    Comparing a speedmaster with a broken hand to VAR ?

You do realise referees made terrible decisions constantly and that's why VAR has been brought in.

What it's show is that allowing more people to look at a video only brings more opinion and debate.

I'm sure we will go back to just the refs decision but again that is just a human jnstant decision and he will get it wrong in a couple of games a week.

Regarding Salah - sorry I've missed the question, send it again and I'll answer.

Comparing a speedmaster with a broken hand to VAR ?

You do realise referees made terrible decisions constantly and that's why VAR has been brought in.

What it's show is that allowing more people to look at a video only brings more opinion and debate.

I'm sure we will go back to just the refs decision but again that is just a human jnstant decision and he will get it wrong in a couple of games a week.

Regarding Salah - sorry I've missed the question, send it again and I'll answer.
    But what does VAR do ?
    You keep dodging the question . If it’s not right, why implement it? The penalty decision tonight was farcical as was the sending off . If you can’t see that then I can’t help .
    Salahs goal v City was offside but VAR has NEVER been produced to show the line . Why ? ( and before you run off to Google, please don’t show Sky’s effort )
    Should I show you stills of TAA s handball ( not given ) and Soyuncu s ( given by the same referee ) ?
    I could go on in my foil hat but I won’t l
    I’ve given up on the title, I did after we’d been cheated against your lot . No problem but Ill still call out VAR as a farce to manipulate games . That , alongside referees who are as bent as a nine Bob note , will usually determine any outcome they wish to achieve .

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 19/20

Jimmy Tarbuck and Ken Dodd like this post
    🤣 top lad. I would reply with manc comedian but can’t think of any!

Something that was drilled into me and much later my son whilst we played Rugby was that you have to respect the referee and accept his decision, no matter how wrong you thought he was, simply because without the referee there would be no game.

Players, fans, pundits, media, etc need to remember this, especially as its only entertainment.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

藍 top lad. I would reply with manc comedian but can’t think of any!
    No surprise there.
    It’s one hell of a bubble you lot live in

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Something that was drilled into me and much later my son whilst we played Rugby was that you have to respect the referee and accept his decision, no matter how wrong you thought he was, simply because without the referee there would be no game.

Players, fans, pundits, media, etc need to remember this, especially as its only entertainment.
    its amazing how they get it so right in Rugby and so wrong in football. It’s hard to respect the ref’s decision with the calamity that has been VAR this season.

Master
    Irrespective of tonight's VAR decisions, I'm a very happy and relieved Wolves fan tonight.
    I don't expect us to get anything from our visit to Anfield in forty something hours time, but I know we'll go down fighting.
    In Nuno we trust

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Irrespective of tonight's VAR decisions, I'm a very happy and relieved Wolves fan tonight.
    I don't expect us to get anything from our visit to Anfield in forty something hours time, but I know we'll go down fighting.
    In Nuno we trust
    City were on the back foot the minute Ederson was sent off but take nothing away from Wolves, they were fully deserving of their win. Even at 2-0 you felt if Wolves got one they could go on and win. Their pressure on City was relentless for 90 minutes.

i think Pep will be writing the League off, focusing on the CL, but almost certainly looking for new players to strengthen. Mendy has disappointed since he arrived but Kompany’s absence is huge.

Master
    Anyone who thinks Liverpool aren't the best outfit in Europe right now needs their head looked at IMO.

They should walk this league, maybe with a record points total and maybe unbeaten.

That's an amazing achievement.

I hope they don't of course, but you have to give credit where it's due.

Grand Master
    I thought it a while back, but i do think this year it'll be Liverpool for the league and Man City for the CL, they'll have the big players like Laporte, Sane, etc back for the latter rounds and with the league pretty much gone, can focus on 6 CL matches to get to the final, the likes of Real Madrid are still focused on their leagues, so City have a good chance this year, it just took them to look normal in the league unfortunately for them.

It's just been another weird season, you watch City one week and you can't see how they can lose with the team they have, then the next week they look like a completely different side, it does have the feel of a team coming to the end of an era, not helped by the managers future being the focus.

Master
    But what does VAR do ?
    You keep dodging the question . If it’s not right, why implement it? The penalty decision tonight was farcical as was the sending off . If you can’t see that then I can’t help .
    Salahs goal v City was offside but VAR has NEVER been produced to show the line . Why ? ( and before you run off to Google, please don’t show Sky’s effort )
    Should I show you stills of TAA s handball ( not given ) and Soyuncu s ( given by the same referee ) ?
    I could go on in my foil hat but I won’t l
    I’ve given up on the title, I did after we’d been cheated against your lot . No problem but Ill still call out VAR as a farce to manipulate games . That , alongside referees who are as bent as a nine Bob note , will usually determine any outcome they wish to achieve .
    What does VAR do - it was brought it to try and cut down on ref error which people claimed ruined the game.

As I've said previously by throwin a decision up to another group of humans will always then just add more conflicting opinions.

In my opinion each manager should get one VAR decision each per game and the rest of the game is managed by the ref alone.

The penalty tonight - I thought it was a pen. Base benefited city with the retake as it wasn't the ref that ask for the retake it was VAR.

Salahs goal - genuinely can't see how you can say it's offside or inside but assuming you go with the attacking intent. From the red lines I've seen it looks like he's on ?

TAA - definite handball and I would have given a pen.

As for the city / Liverpool game as a whole, city didn't turn up

I don't think there is any conspiracy going on with VAR. Liverpool should have had pens galore this season but for the life me can't see how they haven't been awarded ( mane especially ). As I said VAR is just another set of humans who then make a decision.

We both agree TAA was handball, we disagree about Salah being offside. It's essentially the same thing.

I thought it a while back, but i do think this year it'll be Liverpool for the league and Man City for the CL, they'll have the big players like Laporte, Sane, etc back for the latter rounds and with the league pretty much gone, can focus on 6 CL matches to get to the final, the likes of Real Madrid are still focused on their leagues, so City have a good chance this year, it just took them to look normal in the league unfortunately for them.

It's just been another weird season, you watch City one week and you can't see how they can lose with the team they have, then the next week they look like a completely different side, it does have the feel of a team coming to the end of an era, not helped by the managers future being the focus.
    I think the key difference between Liverpool and City is the fragility of City’s defence which ultimately seeps into their confidence. Going forward they’re a match for any team

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think desire plays a big part. All of the Liverpool side bar Milner have never won the premier League while almost all at Manchester City have.

City look like a team of people who are a bit stale and need a new challenge.

What does VAR do - it was brought it to try and cut down on ref error which people claimed ruined the game.

As I've said previously by throwin a decision up to another group of humans will always then just add more conflicting opinions.

In my opinion each manager should get one VAR decision each per game and the rest of the game is managed by the ref alone.

The penalty tonight - I thought it was a pen. Base benefited city with the retake as it wasn't the ref that ask for the retake it was VAR.

Salahs goal - genuinely can't see how you can say it's offside or inside but assuming you go with the attacking intent. From the red lines I've seen it looks like he's on ?

TAA - definite handball and I would have given a pen.

As for the city / Liverpool game as a whole, city didn't turn up

I don't think there is any conspiracy going on with VAR. Liverpool should have had pens galore this season but for the life me can't see how they haven't been awarded ( mane especially ). As I said VAR is just another set of humans who then make a decision.

We both agree TAA was handball, we disagree about Salah being offside. It's essentially the same thing.
    Disagree on the Trent handball. If you recall it hit Silva’s arm and then onto Trent’s arm. Silva’s arm was not by his side and any penalty won from hitting an attackers arm first would have been an absolute joke. They realised this when they took that decision.

The Premier League points the gun at its groin and takes another shot....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    Disagree on the Trent handball. If you recall it hit Silva’s arm and then onto Trent’s arm. Silva’s arm was not by his side and any penalty won from hitting an attackers arm first would have been an absolute joke. They realised this when they took that decision.
    This is were the problem lies, no one can agree on a decision so.VAR and the refs will always be wrong in some people eyes.

You've just got to accept you'll win some and lose some decisions.

Grand Master
    This is were the problem lies, no one can agree on a decision so.VAR and the refs will always be wrong in some people eyes.

You've just got to accept you'll win some and lose some decisions.

Yep, for me VAR was about those big mistakes in games, the sly flick or kick that didn't get a red card, the ones where the linesman is a mile behind play and the attacker is a yard or more offside, the penalty where the player dives without contact and so on, not for the attacker being a big toe ahead of play when the ball is played, or like last night where 'encroachment' was given even though the exact same thing happened again in the retake. The 5 minute wait isn't helping either, still can't understand why the EPL won't let the ref view the incidents like they do on the continent, at least that way it's the ref changing his mind due to new evidence, not an unknown.

Yep, for me VAR was about those big mistakes in games, the sly flick or kick that didn't get a red card, the ones where the linesman is a mile behind play and the attacker is a yard or more offside, the penalty where the player dives without contact and so on, not for the attacker being a big toe ahead of play when the ball is played, or like last night where 'encroachment' was given even though the exact same thing happened again in the retake. The 5 minute wait isn't helping either, still can't understand why the EPL won't let the ref view the incidents like they do on the continent, at least that way it's the ref changing his mind due to new evidence, not an unknown.
    Then you have weird decisions like the Liverpool game in Qatar where the ref says penalty then views it and says no foul. In the City game yesterday initial reaction was no penalty mostly with the theatrical way the player went down but on VAR it could be seen his foot was stamped on. As below you win some you lose some but all this tin foil hat conspiracy theory nonsense getting thrown about by some is just ridiculous.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Then you have weird decisions like the Liverpool game in Qatar where the ref says penalty then views it and says no foul. In the City game yesterday initial reaction was no penalty mostly with the theatrical way the player went down but on VAR it could be seen his foot was stamped on. As below you win some you lose some but all this tin foil hat conspiracy theory nonsense getting thrown about by some is just ridiculous.

The next game where there is no contact and a theatrical dive should allow VAR to show it's positive side, but it is getting bogged down with the overly long decisions that are down to working out if the left shoulder of the attacker is ahead of the big toe of the defender.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    So do you and your Liverpool supporting friends think that ,
    “You win some , you lose some “should be prevalent in today’s multi billion pound game ?
    It wouldn’t wash on any business today .
    At the minute, you’re getting more than your fair share of decisions going your way on the field . City are being hampered both on and off the field . Wether or not you think Im a tinfoil hat wearing balloon makes no difference to me .
    The game is a farce and people are turning off in droves . That will become apparent unless something is done .

So Pukki scores a second .
    VAR says he was coming back from an offside position, then change their minds when it’s obvious that it was a bag of crap . They then go on to say he was offside when the ball was played .
    But hey “ you win some , you lose some “

Master
    Just thought I’d have a look in this thread see what’s what etc I wouldn’t dream of taunting Lee obviously ;) I’ll stick to what I was taught in school “no comment”

Blog Entries
    So Pukki scores a second .
    VAR says he was coming back from an offside position, then change their minds when it’s obvious that it was a bag of crap . They then go on to say he was offside when the ball was played .
    But hey “ you win some , you lose some “
    Just ripping the guts out of the game let’s just get 22 robots
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    So do you and your Liverpool supporting friends think that ,
    “You win some , you lose some “should be prevalent in today’s multi billion pound game ?
    It wouldn’t wash on any business today .
    At the minute, you’re getting more than your fair share of decisions going your way on the field . City are being hampered both on and off the field . Wether or not you think Im a tinfoil hat wearing balloon makes no difference to me .
    The game is a farce and people are turning off in droves . That will become apparent unless something is done .
    People aren't turning off in droves though it's only the city fans who I've heard are refusing to go the game etc.

Everyone else is just seeing it as a failed experiment that was meant to benefit the game.

Even with just refs people complain, what do you actually want to happen ?

As for decision going your way what about when Tevez elbowed Barton and then Barton had his meltdown and got sent ? City ended up winning the league that day with the numerical advantage.

Tevez should have went and the ref didn't send him.

Nothings perfect and it's just a game, there is no agenda against man city or any other club.

Again it's errors from humans which cannot be eradicated

People aren't turning off in droves though it's only the city fans who I've heard are refusing to go the game etc.

Everyone else is just seeing it as a failed experiment that was meant to benefit the game.

Even with just refs people complain, what do you actually want to happen ?

As for decision going your way what about when Tevez elbowed Barton and then Barton had his meltdown and got sent ? City ended up winning the league that day with the numerical advantage.

Tevez should have went and the ref didn't send him.

Nothings perfect and it's just a game, there is no agenda against man city or any other club.

Again it's errors from humans which cannot be eradicated
    Oh yeah
    And what about when Kevin Reeves scored a legitimate goal v Ray Clemence in a League Cup Semi in blah blah blah ?
    There was no VAR . You do get that don’t you ? What does Steven and Barton have to do with VAR ? It was brought in to eradicate mistakes . Can we agree on that ?
    It doesn’t work . Can we agree on that ?
    You and your fellow Scouse lapdogs seem to have hardons for the fact I think it’s against City when it’s a general hatred of a system set up to manipulate the game .
    Let’s just say Norwich get relegated by one point come the end of the season . Is that one of those swings and roundabouts you might’ve mentioned .
    One more example . City put in an official complaint after the Liverpool game about Oliver the referee . In any other walk of life he wouldn’t be allowed anywhere near one of our matches yet he gets to be the VAR man v Man Utd ??
    Farcical

Master
    I'm genuinely bemused by you here. I don't have any Liverpool bias on the conversation.

I've said I think TAA was a handball but Salah was onside.

I agree VAR isn't working.

Ive stated VAR was introduced to stop people constantly whinging about referees decisions and refs dictating the outcomes of games.

Both are floored as they both rely on humans to make the decisions.

There is no conspiracy against City.

Every teams has had dodgy VAR calls go for and against them this season.

Fans are not tuning out in droves.

What more do you want me to say and what are you actually talking about now ? What's your actual point ?

VAR is worse than refs ? Agreed.

Refs also often get big decisions wrong - Agreed

My offering is to give each manager one VAR challenge a game to rule out big obvious errors.