Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Fair play Goat! 👍

Master
    Quite. An ill-judged bait.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Already outed apparently.
    I was up above it to the right but couldn’t see at first . Then I saw Fred get hit by something . There was a hullabaloo , City fans around the goons were pointing them out .
    Fair play to Lingard and Fred for their response . City players were over trying to calm it down . No defence for that action .
    Banned for life at a minimum and hopefully jail time too .
    Is that OK Ivan ?
    Yes great, bizzare that you still bring Heysel up decades later though were people actually did receive jail time for their actions.

As I said early on in this thread every club has dickheads. Hope you get that now.

Every thread has them too.

I'm no Spurs fan, but hats off to them today, 5 great goals. Son's end to end run was superb

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Great result for Everton, but seriously how long can Drunken Ferguson keep it up.
    Unacceptable. Give the guy a chance. He is an Everton legend, a player in the last team to win a major trophy for us. He understands the club, the fans, the whole set up. Why kick him in the balls after one game celebrating his eventual failure - sad.

After years of supporting Everton and England, me and many others are programmed to disappointment.

What I saw today was passion, enthusiasm, commitment and a willing to win and I have not seen an atmosphere at Goodison like that for years.

Sure, we can recruit some Johnny Foreigner who has won the league in hesbackisstan - who doesn't speak English and knows sod all about the history of the mighty blues.

Again, our expectations are controlled. One win took us from the bottom three to four points from a European place - funny old game football. I would be happy with 7th or 8th and yes, missing out on that club killer of a second rate European competition would suit me fine.

If Big Drunk as you call him can bring back the passion then I say give the guy a go. Otherwise it's Sparky Hughes, Pardew or Big Sam 😪😪

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Yes great, bizzare that you still bring Heysel up decades later though were people actually did receive jail time for their actions.

As I said early on in this thread every club has dickheads. Hope you get that now.
    Well yes, now you mention it, racist chanting and throwing coins is EXACTLY the same as chasing, crushing and killing 39 Italian supporters.
    Plus, I don’t keep bringing it up. I even offered to take it to PM . You have your version of events, the rest of the world has a different one.
    Yes, every club has its fair share of tools, I’ve always known that. I’ll tell you the difference though. Unlike your club, fans and Merseyside Police, who flat out refuse to condemn or convict the pricks involved , City , their fans and GMP will .

Master
    United should have been out of sight at the break, as said, but if you don’t score enough when you’re on top it can sometimes come back and bite you on the bum. Didn’t yesterday, thankfully. Thought Silva was sublime again, I’d love him at United. As for the corner incident, hopefully it will be dealt with properly. No room in the game for nonsense like that.

Master
    Well yes, now you mention it, racist chanting and throwing coins is EXACTLY the same as chasing, crushing and killing 39 Italian supporters.
    Plus, I don’t keep bringing it up. I even offered to take it to PM . You have your version of events, the rest of the world has a different one.
    Yes, every club has its fair share of tools, I’ve always known that. I’ll tell you the difference though. Unlike your club, fans and Merseyside Police, who flat out refuse to condemn or convict the pricks involved , City , their fans and GMP will .
    Genuinely a mad fella you.

I love watching Pep's interviews when he has been beaten. Poor fella just can't cope with it at all

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nickyboyo View Post
    I'm no Spurs fan, but hats off to them today, 5 great goals. Son's end to end run was superb
    Great goal.

Burnley and Bournemouth are in free-fall. They’ll both end up in the bottom three if something doesn’t change soon.

Craftsman
    Italian hooligans attacking Liverpool fans, Liverpool fans retaliated, Italian hooligans beat a hasty retreat with unfortunately a lot of innocent fans crushed in the process and sadly caught in the melee

Love the distinction between fans and hooligans

Genuinely a mad fella you.
    Good response
    Genuinely don’t have a clue , do you ?

Master
    Good response
    Genuinely don’t have a clue , do you ?

We've been through this. I was at Heysel, I informed you previously Liverpool fans were jailed and about the investigation there after.

You seem to be a classic football simpleton and simply regurgitating the classic lines.

All the info is available online for you to review. Probably a decent idea to check it out.

Bizzare as you claim to go the games with with Liverpool fans who you've been friends with for years. I'm assuming they've filled you in, I've filled you in and pointed you in the direction of the official review yet you still repeat the same nonsense.

We've been through this. I was at Heysel, I informed you previously Liverpool fans were jailed and about the investigation there after.

You seem to be a classic football simpleton and simply regurgitating the classic lines.

All the info is available online for you to review. Probably a decent idea to check it out.

Bizzare as you claim to go the games with with Liverpool fans who you've been friends with for years. I'm assuming they've filled you in, I've filled you in and pointed you in the direction of the official review yet you still repeat the same nonsense.
    You were there . So what ? Is your version the definitive one ?
    Yes, I’ve read the official reports . You seem to think that it exonerates you’re fans somehow.
    I’ve also read Tony Evans version of what he and numerous Liverpool fans were doing that day . You might know him , Liverpool fan and a Times correspondent whose version doesn’t quite match yours.

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/...5-in-brussels/

From an Italian who was also there.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heysel-trut.../dp/B00XL9LABK

I also read From Where I was Standing . Another very good account of what went on prior to the game , but the author arrived after the event .

This is how a I formed my opinion, not simply following the narrative that you implied. Quite ironic really , considering you and yours lap up media love ins .

Master
    Stop making things up.

Please point out where I have stated the report exonerated Liverpool fans.

I've said to you there were many factors at play, Rome, the stadium being shite, Z block tickets all sold to Juve, the police, hooligans.

You 100% haven't read Heysal the truth either as you'd realise he puts the blame firmly on the Belgian police and uefa.

Tiresome this, genuinely pointless conversing with football dullards like you.

Tiresome this, genuinely pointless conversing with football dullards like you.
    Well at least we agree on something.
    Go on any City forum today and I guarantee there will be 100% support to have these pricks thrown out and banned.
    I bet you couldn’t do that on a Liverpool forum could you?

Since this is George and the Dragon and not the BP, the pair of you could fruitfully take a look at your language and while you're at it, consider shutting up. This is a Premier League thread, not a Show Us Your Tedious Regional Rivalry thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Unacceptable. Give the guy a chance. He is an Everton legend, a player in the last team to win a major trophy for us. He understands the club, the fans, the whole set up. Why kick him in the balls after one game celebrating his eventual failure - sad.

After years of supporting Everton and England, me and many others are programmed to disappointment.

What I saw today was passion, enthusiasm, commitment and a willing to win and I have not seen an atmosphere at Goodison like that for years.

Sure, we can recruit some Johnny Foreigner who has won the league in hesbackisstan - who doesn't speak English and knows sod all about the history of the mighty blues.

Again, our expectations are controlled. One win took us from the bottom three to four points from a European place - funny old game football. I would be happy with 7th or 8th and yes, missing out on that club killer of a second rate European competition would suit me fine.

If Big Drunk as you call him can bring back the passion then I say give the guy a go. Otherwise it's Sparky Hughes, Pardew or Big Sam 
    One swallow doesn't make a summer, but i sincerely hope that Ferguson keeps the job. It will be very entertaining if he does and will make a change. Hopefully without a racist and physical abuse he often used to dish out. Alas I never really understood his legend status to be honest, unless Legend means injured in Toffee land.

You will however have my deepest sympathies if Everton does go for Moyles, Big Sam or Hughes. The championship awaits.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quality performance by LCFC today especially Vardy. As Liverpool, Spurs and Leicester have all demonstrated in the last 2 days, it's very difficult to defend against pace.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    Leicester looking the real deal. Hopefully the Boxing Day fixture will live up to expectations.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Leicester looking the real deal. Hopefully the Boxing Day fixture will live up to expectations.
    hopefully it wont and the pool destroy them

Master
    The next 3 weeks will define who wins the league this year.

If Liverpool can come through playing twice a week without any furthers injuries I think it will be on this year.

Leicester have city and Liverpool coming up back to back and could potentially be 14 adrift after those two games.

Master
    Leicester have city and Liverpool coming up back to back and could potentially be 14 adrift after those two games.
    Think they have Norwich next. They could just as easily be top of the league by Boxing Day, although Liverpool would have a game in hand.

Still not even half way through the season.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    hopefully it wont and the pool destroy them
    Hmmmmm

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I can see Leicester beating Liverpool. Not that it’ll make any difference to them winning the title but Leicester are playing such great football it should be a cracking game.

Looking forward to that Leicester v Liverpool game. Liverpool were lucky to beat them last time round. Leicester are great to watch this season and Brendon Rodgers is doing a great job. I like the fact he has told Vardy not to run around chasing the back four and to save his energy for genuine chances - it's working.

I think Leicester will finish 2nd this season which would be a great achievement.

I knew Rodgers would do a great job when he was appointed - his 2013 Liverpool team were arguably a more potent attack force than the current one. He just fell short with the lack of a good defence and maybe some naivity in the final few games.

I also think Leicester will beat Liverpool unless Liverpool are really up for it, and depends on what team Klopp puts out. In the last two games through rotation I think they've actually played better and it's a more balanced team.

What will be more interesting is to see how Leicester fare against Man City - that has the potential to be a really great match

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post

What will be more interesting is to see how Leicester fare against Man City - that has the potential to be a really great match
    I hope Leicester win that game as by the sounds of it they will be only team with fans there.

I hope Leicester win that game as by the sounds of it they will be only team with fans there.
    That’s a pity. I was going to throw an open invitation to our Leicester followers on here to partake in a festive get together.
    Oh well .

That’s a pity. I was going to throw an open invitation to our Leicester followers on here to partake in a festive get together.
    Oh well .
    Would genuinely love to but unfortunately....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    I knew Rodgers would do a great job when he was appointed - his 2013 Liverpool team were arguably a more potent attack force than the current one. He just fell short with the lack of a good defence and maybe some naivity in the final few games.

I also think Leicester will beat Liverpool unless Liverpool are really up for it, and depends on what team Klopp puts out. In the last two games through rotation I think they've actually played better and it's a more balanced team.

He was clueless, we failed to win the league with a substantial lead and his tactical ability was non existent.

Madness that we couldn't win the league that year when we had Suarez who was unplayable.

He also signed 32 players in his time with 29 of them being shite. ( Firm, milner, studge great ).
    Last edited by Ivan Drago; 9th December 2019 at 23:54.

Does the manager really still sign the players these days? Thought it was a bit of a backroom department now.

Master
    Liverpool didn't trust Rodgers in the transfer market when he arrived and wanted a DOF to be appointed to run the transfers.

Rodgers refused and said he wanted total control or bothing. A compromise was then reached in the shapes of a transfer committe.

Brendan would give them 3 targets and vice versa and they would then conclude the deal as best they could for one of the selected players.

His transfers / committee transfers on the whole were a disaster and as I said he was tactically non existent.

We were virtually guaranteed to score 2 every game with Suarez in the team and he still managed to mess the league up.

He also signed 32 players in his time with 29 of them being shite. ( Firm, milner, studge great ).
    Weren’t Lovren, Gomez and Coutinho signed during that era? Got a few bob back on Coutinho which helped make up for the likes of Balotelli.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Weren’t Lovren, Gomez and Coutinho signed during that era? Got a few bob back on Coutinho which helped make up for the likes of Balotelli.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Benitez set up the Coutinho deal, it was just completed when Rodgers come in.

Lovren poor but granted Gomez is a good player.

Benitez set up the Coutinho deal, it was just completed when Rodgers come in.

Lovren poor but granted Gomez is a good player.
    Gomez had one of his best seasons under Rogers and apart from being Salah's best mate Lovren is a decent defender, if he wasnt he would have been long gone.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Gomez had one of his best seasons under Rogers and apart from being Salah's best mate Lovren is a decent defender, if he wasnt he would have been long gone.
    You're getting confused, Gomes played about 3 games for Rodgers. He got a bad injury and was out for 15 months after that.

Lovren is 4th choice for us when all are fit. We've tried to move him on for the last couple of season most recently to Roma where the deal broke down.

Master
    Minamino to Liverpool done pending medical.

7.5m absolute steal.

7.5m absolute steal.
    Indeed. Great business if true. Haaland was stealing the headlines but this fella seems to make them tick.
    Crazy release clause makes him good value. Haalands is also rumoured at £20 m .

Master
    Blog Entries

7.5m absolute steal.
    And another signing.... Klopp putting pen to paper until 2024

Craftsman
    With Stevie G sweeping up behind 🤞

Craftsman
    Millie to 2022 too!

7.5m absolute steal.
    I still cant believe we got him for that money!

There you go Man City fans, a Liverpool goal chalked off - these things do balance themselves out over time 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    There you go Man City fans, a Liverpool goal chalked off - these things do balance themselves out over time 
    OK
    Faith in the system fully restored 👍

Liverpool are making hard work of this. At present a Watford equaliser looks possible. Squeaky bum time in the Kop.

Ignore the earlier post, VAR has gone their way again, usual service resumed 😂