closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 19/20

I know your not going to believe us but we're going to win the league.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    I know your not going to believe us but we're going to win the league.

Maybe Leicester can do a Leicester :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Maybe Leicester can do a Leicester :)

Unfortunately lightening never strikes twice. Liverpool are too far ahead in reality and the other city are another class.

Once in my lifetime though was unbelievable and I'm now just enjoying the ride again whilst it lasts.

Master
    Good to see so many good teams trying to break the top 6 hegemony. Wolves last year, and I think Leicester will finish top 6 easily this year.

That's why the Premier League is the best in the world.

Etihad yesterday. 2nd goal goes in, I assumed it was KDB's. Players trot back and line-up to kick off when the ref starts grabbing his each in the VAR mode. Finally the giant screen saif Checking Goal. It went on and on and on. Both sets of fame chanting against it. Finally awarded.

It's not for me in this current guise, it's just ruinous of the game, IMHO. The match going fans are actually the least informed participants in the whole farce and that's before you get to the changing rules every week.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    Etihad yesterday. 2nd goal goes in, I assumed it was KDB's. Players trot back and line-up to kick off when the ref starts grabbing his each in the VAR mode. Finally the giant screen saif Checking Goal. It went on and on and on. Both sets of fame chanting against it. Finally awarded.

It's not for me in this current guise, it's just ruinous of the game, IMHO. The match going fans are actually the least informed participants in the whole farce and that's before you get to the changing rules every week.
    Totally agree. It took over two minutes and the crowd were getting more and more frustrated. The booing went on and on. What made me laugh was Spanish Dave telling the ref it was his goal and he kept pointing to his foot. That would have made the goal offside. We weren’t at our best but a decent result in difficult conditions. We are missing too many chances. Felt sorry for Gabby. Worked tirelessly and deserved a goal.

Craftsman
    Liverpool looked good. Spurs not so.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    VAR looks like it's giving every minute thing, taking common sense right out of the decisions, Arsenal were unlucky today with that disallowed goal, and the Zaha penalty was one of those i hate seeing, a player seeing a leg and diving over it, sadly looks like we're now going clinical rather than sensible, the benefit of VAR for me is actual tight calls, but having it cover decisions that are interpretation isn't good as can be seen over and over again.

Master
    VAR had a mare for United's first pen today. Unsure how it could possibly have been given.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    VAR had a mare for United's first pen today. Unsure how it could possibly have been given.
    Agree, could not work that out - very grateful to Krul for some massive saves today

Master
    The referee's VAR monitor is there to see the incident again, to either confirm his decision or change it, there have not used it once this season just accepting what the people is Stockley Park is telling them, what an absolute joke.
    I believe if Martin Atkinson viewed Arsenal's disallowed goal against Crystal Palace on the VAR monitor he would of over turned VAR decision.

I had KDB in my fantasy team and was sure it was his goal.

If Silva had kept his trap shut instead of arguing that the ball may have inadvertently brushed his foot the incident could have been resolved faster.

As it is I really hate VAR and think it has ruined the game.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

I honestly believe that VAR is not the problem, it is Mike Riley’s decision to bring in his own protocol for it’s use in the Premier League.

To my mind, the only reason for this is that he does not want to see his PGMOL referees over-ruled when they make a poor decision (which they do often, again due to his ridiculous mandates on things like hand-ball).

He obviously thinks that constantly over-ruling the referee will reflect badly on PGMOL and therefore him, and so he set the bar so high for a “clear and obvious error” that no decisions were being over-ruled.

Now, after last weeks shite-fest, they have gone the other way this weekend, but again it has resulted in some more ludicrous decisions.

Riley is a joke, and how he avoids getting hauled in front of the media to explain himself following these debacles is beyond me.

He, and his flawed protocols, need to go ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    I honestly believe that VAR is not the problem, it is Mike Riley’s decision to bring in his own protocol for it’s use in the Premier League.

To my mind, the only reason for this is that he does not want to see his PGMOL referees over-ruled when they make a poor decision (which they do often, again due to his ridiculous mandates on things like hand-ball).

He obviously thinks that constantly over-ruling the referee will reflect badly on PGMOL and therefore him, and so he set the bar so high for a “clear and obvious error” that no decisions were being over-ruled.

Now, after last weeks shite-fest, they have gone the other way this weekend, but again it has resulted in some more ludicrous decisions.

Riley is a joke, and how he avoids getting hauled in front of the media to explain himself following these debacles is beyond me.

He, and his flawed protocols, need to go ASAP.
    I’d urge anybody who might question Riley’s even handedness watch the United -Arsenal “pizzagate”game from a few years back .
    The bloke is an out and out cheat.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hennersf View Post
    Agree, could not work that out - very grateful to Krul for some massive saves today
    Timmy was absolutely outstanding yesterday, the hugs and look of joy on the youngest face (16 and taller than me) made the rest of a tough match to watch worth it.

The first pen call was a joke how the hell is that not being shouted about more in the press. If it was against a bigger club it would be everywhere

Pitch

Re VAR it just goes to show how obvious it is that teams like Man City and Arsenal get f@cked by the authorities. Even with bleeding obvious evidence the decisions go against them. Particularly Man City there is a hidden agenda against. Liverpool and Tottenham are massive beneficiaries this season.

Craftsman
    Hmm yeah Liverpool were massive beneficiaries of VAR against Man Utd?

I’m not a fan in its current guise so it does need to change but I don’t agree that Tottenham/Liverpool are major beneficiaries of it.
    Last year the cry was cheating scousers will never win anything with VAR now it’s conspiracy to ensure they win 😂😂😂

Master
    Re VAR it just goes to show how obvious it is that teams like Man City and Arsenal get f@cked by the authorities. Even with bleeding obvious evidence the decisions go against them. Particularly Man City there is a hidden agenda against. Liverpool and Tottenham are massive beneficiaries this season.

Surely Arsenal are more than capable of throwing away points without the help of “the authorities”? ;-)

I’d be more prepared to believe a pro-Man U anti-Man City conspiracy, but like many other things the reality of these VAR shenanigans is more likely incompetence related.

Master

Premier League 19/20

That said, how many penalties for Man U this season?

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    That said, how many penalties for Man U this season?
    It doesn’t matter, they can’t convert them.

(Six awarded, four missed)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I’d urge anybody who might question Riley’s even handedness watch the United -Arsenal “pizzagate”game from a few years back .
    The bloke is an out and out cheat.
    Still the worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. It was absurd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    It doesn’t matter, they can’t convert them.

(Six awarded, four missed)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    erm......... Please give us and Tim some credit for the SAVES....

Pitch

I think they’re missing a trick with VAR... treat it a bit like cricket and if the decision isn’t blatantly wrong, go with ref/linesman’s decision.

There have been several goals chalked off due to the narrowest of offsides. Cricket accepts that the technology isn’t 100% so if an LBW is a bit close, you go with the umpire’s call. I don’t believe that a handful of static cameras that may or may not be level with play can define with the degree off accuracy they’re credited with whether a player is offside when the ball is played... not down to the millimetres that seem to be the difference.

Personally, I’d get rid of it completely, but if we have to have it, let’s just use it to get rid of the howlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    erm......... Please give us and Tim some credit for the SAVES....

Pitch
    Okay then, but that Rashford penalty effort was really soft. Still, he made amends, through his legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ridiculous thing is, years ago when refs were amateurs and made errors they said if we make them professional with them training full time the standard of refereeing will go up - of course it didn't.

Next, we have wonderful modern VAR technology to alleviate errors - it's now worse!

The whole thing is a joke.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    The ridiculous thing is, years ago when refs were amateurs and made errors they said if we make them professional with them training full time the standard of refereeing will go up - of course it didn't.

Next, we have wonderful modern VAR technology to alleviate errors - it's now worse!

VAR is here to stay and will be more frequent - foul throw ins! FIFA, UEFA, FA will be sniffing out opportunities to make money from TV advertising during the breaks. Ray Winston’s mug to look forward to during VAR breaks with the VAR decision nicely timed to fit in.

On another subject, Mohammed Bin Salman poking around United!

VAR is here to stay and will be more frequent - foul throw ins! FIFA, UEFA, FA will be sniffing out opportunities to make money from TV advertising during the breaks. Ray Winston’s mug to look forward to during VAR breaks with the VAR decision nicely timed to fit in.

Can’t see the Glazers selling just yet . I hope I’m wrong and the Saudis buy in .

Master
    Just give the managers two VAR decisions each per game.

That's all that's needed.

Master
    I may be taking some bait that I haven't seen here thegoat, but why on earth wouldn't you want the Glazers to stay...?!?!?! Unless you have a secret fondness for us and want to see us implement some sort of sensible football-related strategy.

Craftsman
    Im not sure why anyone would want to buy United...... The cost to return just don't make sense. They have seen their peak..... Stadium needs a revamp oh and the skittles on the pitch lol?
    In all honesty the best premiership club I think is Newcastle, in terms of what you get for your buck. No doubt MA wants out but at just how much. I see a initial difficulty in attarcting top players due to the geographical nature of the beast but once established then im sure the doors will open.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

If I was into conspiracy theories I would agree that all the VAR stopping during a football match would be manna from heaven for the people who sell the advertising breaks.

When you watch NFL there are countless breaks as teams/squads are exchanged after every play and the gaps are handily filled with adverts.

Football was far too free flowing with a break only at half time - couldn't have that could they?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Im not sure why anyone would want to buy United...... The cost to return just don't make sense. They have seen their peak..... Stadium needs a revamp oh and the skittles on the pitch lol?
    In all honesty the best premiership club I think is Newcastle, in terms of what you get for your buck. No doubt MA wants out but at just how much. I see a initial difficulty in attarcting top players due to the geographical nature of the beast but once established then im sure the doors will open.

Wishful thinking I'm afraid Merkaholic

1 - We generate more revenue than almost every other football club on the planet.
    2 - We would be even more profitable if an owner were to buy us outright and get rid of the Glazer-related debt that has to be paid-down every year.
    3 - If you had an image problem from oh, I don't know, human rights abuses, and wanted a club to help sportswash it, you'd probably look at a club that has better recognition than, again, virtually any other sporting organisation on the planet.

That's why
    Last edited by Bondurant; 29th October 2019 at 16:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    I may be taking some bait that I haven't seen here thegoat, but why on earth wouldn't you want the Glazers to stay...?!?!?! Unless you have a secret fondness for us and want to see us implement some sort of sensible football-related strategy.
    No bait pal .
    I’d be happy to see every football team in the league with untold wealth . It’d put an end to those gormless discussions about “ buying the league” so favoured by fans of teams who , basically, aren’t winning the league.
    Plus, I’d look forward to all your fans on a moral crusade against “ dirty oil money” ripping up their season tickets .😉

Master
    Haha...fair enough!

Lots of noise around Mourinho replacing Emery at Arsenal

Master
    Lots of noise around Mourinho replacing Emery at Arsenal

Must be why they’re trying to score as many goals as possible tonight before they all have to park the bus at the other end.

Emery has to go. Ozil was completely manshaming Liverpool and he takes him off.

Master
    Blog Entries
    When it was 4-3 I joked to my mate it would be 5-5

Crazy but entertaining game.

Emery has to go. Ozil was completely manshaming Liverpool and he takes him off.
    Totally agree his subs were stupid, Ozil was having the game of his life and he comes off. Torreira is playing well and our main defensive midfielder (if such a thing exists at Arsenal) and he takes him off for Cabellos!!! why not take off Saka the kid was out of energy. Ozil needs to be in our squad every match, fair enough not start him but hes worth having on the bench. I like the kids getting a chance but not at the expense of someone who can win matches.

I said months ago Emery has no clue what so ever and he is just getting worse, the whole Xhaka situation, his team selections, everything is just stupid.

Since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first game in charge on December 22nd, Manchester United have taken more penalties (17) and scored more penalties (12) than any other Premier League team in all competitions.

Extraordinary. Definitely not bent...

Master
    Since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first game in charge on December 22nd, Manchester United have taken more penalties (17) and scored more penalties (12) than any other Premier League team in all competitions.

Out of the 17, could you break down which you think should not have been penalties?

And, as a grown man, do you really believe there is some sort of policy at official level trying to make sure some teams get more penalties than others?

EDIT: Another interesting stat, City have hit the woodwork twice as many times this season as the next team (10 times v 5 times) -- do you think someone is controlling a magnet in the ball making it miss? Or maybe opposing teams make the goals a few inches smaller when City come??
    Last edited by demonloop; 31st October 2019 at 11:30.

Master
    An expensive night out for this gentleman and not a great story for his 2 team mates

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-reduced-wages

More worrying is the fact that in the domestic cup draws over the last three seasons , City always seem to get drawn against teams lower than them in the league
    #fixed 😉

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ettlement.html

Wouldn’t normally post a Mail link but The Times article is behind a paywall . I’ve been following this for a while now and it seems that finally the FA are attempting to find out a little more .

Hmmm
    The Saudi thing is gathering momentum.
    An interesting few days ahead methinks .

Master
    Here’s a stat (still thinking about Wednesday’s match)

Since Klopp arrived at Liverpool they’ve played Arsenal 9 times in all competitions. 49 goals in all, with 6 Liverpool wins and 3 draws. That must be some kind of record. Who needs defenders?!

Craftsman
    Late come back for Liverpool there.

Blades continue to impress.

Craftsman
    Oh my days....... LFC have done it again

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1981 View Post
    Late come back for Liverpool there.

Blades continue to impress.

Great win for the blades. Been impressed with them.

Liverpool rode their luck at times, Villa could have scored more. It was just written in the stars that Liverpool would go on an win it.

Master
    Villa were terrible

Don't pretend we were lucky as we had about 80% possession and all the play

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk