closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,550 of 1741

Thread: Premier League 19/20

I can see the whole season being void. Liverpool plus anyone currently in a Champions League or Europa League place plus any team in an automatic promotion place will be very annoyed, anyone in or around a relegation place will be very relieved.

On the plus side, if play does continue there'll be a lot of players who'll have been fully rested and other players coming back from injury and being available to play. Everyone's been complaining about fixture congestion and players being injured from playing too many matches, this should help nicely.
    "A man of little significance"

Blog Entries
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Sadly Pep Guardiola's mother has passed away after being infected by Coronavirus

Blog Entries
    I know we have yet to recover from the void in our lives but given the Dutch and now the French have ended their seasons what are your thoughts on ours ending as of now?

Liverpool fans need not respond

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    I know we have yet to recover from the void in our lives but given the Dutch and now the French have ended their seasons what are your thoughts on ours ending as of now?

It would be the right decision BUT the money involved means it probably won't happen.

What is the point of playing matches behind closed doors.

I do feel for Liverpool if the season is voided but there are more important reasons for cancelling the season.

P.S. Wish they would also cancel the rest of the F1 season.

Master
    Its completely the logical thing to do but I just can't see it in this country the money involved is huge, let alone the knock on effect with law suits being brought no doubt if it was to be cancelled, I also read somewhere that if it was to cancel the costs to the leagues would be

Premier loss £860m
    la liga £5-600m
    Serie A £350-450m
    Bundesliga £3-400m
    Ligue 1 £1-200m

Im pretty sure SKY wouldn't be happy either, ultimately we all know that football isn't about the fans and its a business so I just don't see how they could void the league, played behind closed doors seems much more obvious to me

Im a Utd fan so Im all for Liverpool not winning it BUT to be honest they've romped it, its more to do with thoose getting relegated and coming up that is to be decided so I just don't see it personally.

Ill add that all of this lockdown will cripple the lower league clubs who rely heavily on tv Money and budget against all of that proposed revenue.

The big boys will have rich pickings when this is all over
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 28th April 2020 at 17:25.

If it can be finished safely, there's no reason not to play it out. The burden will be on the club's/fa to provide safe means of travel, accomodation, testing etc.

So if there's no cost to those outside the game, I don't see the problem. Anyone involved will be tested then isolated, so it'll probably be safer for those involved than it is for Joe public going to the supermarket.

Shouldn’t even be on the agenda if people are still in danger.
    Suggestions about playing behind closed doors , mini tournaments, neutral venues, six games in a week etc etc are just pathetic ideas by people obsessed with the financial side of the game .
    Give Liverpool the thing, don’t relegate anyone and promote the top two from every league .

Have to agree that no one should be put at risk with whatever comes next.

I am a bit concerned that this may get removed from the record book though...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

£860m between 18 clubs is £48m

How much do they spend on players?

Null & void YSBs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Who says the atmospherics will be favourable to start the next season? Quite a pickle...

Master
    If you start to play again and someone in the team subsequently tests positive for Covid you end up in the crazy situation that the whole team is potentially isolated!

You can reduce the chances of that happening, but it seems to me that nobody can be sure that a player won't test positive at some point and you can't play football adhering to social distancing!

The fact that City can still technically catch Liverpool is the real headache for the powers that be.
    As mentioned money will be the deciding factor but to play games behind closed doors is a joke. I for one wouldn’t watch such a game on TV. I see UEFA are also pressing ahead to complete the Europa and Champions League despite French authorities banning football before September 1st.
    Rushing through these games could easily cause injuries for players who then won’t recover in time for the new season.
    End the season, give the players the off season to return to full fitness and then start the new season as usual.
    Last edited by sevvy; 29th April 2020 at 11:46.

Master
    Relegation is also rather pressing...they could get sued

It's a can of worms for sure. Any decision has to be guided by the possible consequences. If people are going to die as a result of a resumption then it's very difficult to justify a restart.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    The fact that City can still technically catch Liverpool is the real headache for the powers that be.
    I think it's the bottom of the table where the headache lies, promotion/relegation is where the big money is.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I think it's the bottom of the table where the headache lies, promotion/relegation is where the big money is.
    I think my comments were more along the lines of the outrage likely to follow if they null and voided the season given Liverpool’s lead. There are really only two realistic scenarios. Complete the season, however it’s done, or null and void the season as per Ligue 1 and Eridivisie - no Champions or relegations etc. Apparently the Dutch authorities are thinking of reversing their original decision.

Exactly right.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    Have to agree that no one should be put at risk with whatever comes next.

I am a bit concerned that this may get removed from the record book though...

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Quite right

Or our procession into the champs league places for that matter…

Part of me would just like to give Liverpool the trophy….

I’d gently tousle Klopp’s hair and tell the team that as they had done so well and got a lot of points that I felt they ought to have it…. I’d add that they shouldn’t worry and nobody would think that it was anything less than a very creditable achievement…

Master

True, also top six or eight teams in Championship will need clarity as the payout for going up is huge.

Personally, I don't see any alternative but to void the season. Not an ideal scenario but that's my prediction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Personally, I don't see any alternative but to void the season. Not an ideal scenario but that's my prediction.
    My feelings as well as i cannot see anyway of finishing it properly over all the leagues as to Europe next season that’s another matter

My feelings as well as i cannot see anyway of finishing it properly over all the leagues as to Europe next season that’s another matter
    If I'm right, Mart, i think they'll have to go with the positions as at the end of the last completed season. There would be no other feasible scenario IMO.

Blog Entries
    If I'm right, Mart, i think they'll have to go with the positions as at the end of the last completed season. There would be no other feasible scenario IMO.
    You genuinely think it’s ok for Spurs to get a CL spot above Leicester for example?

🤔

I don't see 20/21 starting on time neither. Better off just having one long 2019/21 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    You genuinely think it’s ok for Spurs to get a CL spot above Leicester for example?

I didn't say it was okay - I said that I don't see an alternative. Time will tell.

UEFA issued a statement last Thursday, 23.04.20:

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news...d=2641715.html

It includes the following:

'If a domestic competition is prematurely terminated for legitimate reasons in accordance with the above conditions, UEFA would require the National Association concerned to select clubs for the UEFA club competitions 2020/21 based on sporting merit in the 2019/20 domestic competitions:

• the procedure for selecting clubs should be based on objective, transparent and non-discriminatory principles. National Associations and Leagues, should otherwise have the ability to decide the final positions in their domestic competitions, having regard to the specific circumstances of each competition;

• the final determination of eligible places for the UEFA club competitions should be confirmed by the relevant competent bodies at domestic level.'

That's quite clear, I think.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    UEFA issued a statement last Thursday, 23.04.20:

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news...d=2641715.html

It includes the following:

'If a domestic competition is prematurely terminated for legitimate reasons in accordance with the above conditions, UEFA would require the National Association concerned to select clubs for the UEFA club competitions 2020/21 based on sporting merit in the 2019/20 domestic competitions:

• the procedure for selecting clubs should be based on objective, transparent and non-discriminatory principles. National Associations and Leagues, should otherwise have the ability to decide the final positions in their domestic competitions, having regard to the specific circumstances of each competition;

• the final determination of eligible places for the UEFA club competitions should be confirmed by the relevant competent bodies at domestic level.'

That's quite clear, I think.
    Thanks - hasn’t read it before, and yes it is.

Blog Entries
    They way it’s looking but?

Yeah i know it’s the Fail but

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...play-offs.html

Blog Entries
    They way it’s looking but?

Yeah i know it’s the Fail but

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...play-offs.html

Looks fair enough to me….

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Looks fair enough to me….

And me and with MC current problems if they get removed from Europe then everyone moves up a spot

Master
    A well as finishing this season they seriously need to consider how 30,000+ crowds are going to be allowed in stadiums safely in the next 12 months. The way things are playing out I can see a rise up of virus infections again due to lack of self discipline regarding social distancing and a possible re-lockdown for another 3-6 week period in the very near future. As for playing games behind closed doors for this season and possibly next season it may complete fixtures but the loss of revenue will be huge to clubs of any division.
    So imo this season has got to be null & voided and clubs need to come together and try and get some sort of safe stadium system in position that allows a possible prompt start to the next season and if virus free the 2021 Euros may have a chance.

Master
    Holy thread resurrection Batman. Now that we are back to footie, what do you think of the empty stadia and the canned crowd noise?
    And as for Liverpool, one point added, five to go.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm expecting the atmosphere at the Emirates to be the best it's ever been

Banned
    The fake crowd noise actually isn’t so bad, watching the game on tv makes it watchable compared to some of the games in Germany without the canned crowd noise which looked and sounded like a training match. Al in all it hasn’t been that bad watching the games. You can really see that players are not match fit and there have been a few injuries as a result

Craftsman
    I'm liking the fake crowd noise I've not been finding it distracting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'm expecting the atmosphere at the Emirates to be the best it's ever been

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    I'm liking the fake crowd noise I've not been finding it distracting at all.
    Agreed! Didn't think it would work but it does for me - and miles better than watching with just the empty stadium sound.

Journeyman
    Think I’m fully on board with the crowd noise now, defo better than with nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    The pool are nearly there ......

Blog Entries
    They are there we beat City 2-1 i am more happy with the three points but you guys deserved it

Now for Leicester
    Last edited by mart broad; 25th June 2020 at 22:24.

Master
    Blog Entries
    LIVERPOOL FC CHAMPIONS

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    LIVERPOOL FC CHAMPIONS
    Pride of the North :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Pride of the North :)
    So we will be reminded of for the next 31 yrs

I am so pleased for LFC fans, for the players and for Kloop.

A well deserved title.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deserved Champions, but boy will the fans be even more unbearable than usual.
    Some woeful defending and passing from the back by City tonight, Mendy especially.

Master
    I'm over the moon. It's been a long time.

As a school kid the 80s were great times.... we came so close recently and now it's ours.

Excellent news, at last a proper club with with proper fans, the liverpooooool way.....yeah right zzzz, never met a more obnoxious set of 'fans' as the one eyed reds

Master
    I’m a 43 year old UTD fan so this hurts BUT all credit to Liverpool absolutely romped it from the off.

Enjoy for those who have lived through the pain of waiting 30 years and for those who have waited a lifetime to see it I know the feeling as it’s one I went through with my own father, I just hope it doesn’t signal the start to years of domination like we enjoyed ;)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Deserved Champions, but boy will the fans be even more unbearable than usual.
    Some woeful defending and passing from the back by City tonight, Mendy especially.
    Mendy has been off his best for a good while & today gifted Chelsea the chance for the opener.

That said - congrats to Liverpool - it's not an easy thing to win & they were certainly the better, more consistent team this year.

z