closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,650 of 1741

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Six goals from strikers all season. John Terry in charge of the leakiest defence in the PL. 10 men defending, one isolated striker. Everyone knows how to neutralise us - foul Grealish and keep two defenders on the isolated striker and Bob's your uncle. Well, apart from today, when we looked a bit better except everyone seemed to be trying not to hit the target. Douglas Luiz and Jack Grealish are currently the only two players very clearly advertising themselves for a future outside Aston Villa and Championship football.
    In all my years as a Villa fan I have never seen such an inept attacking system (lack of)as now.We just havent got a plan apart from lump out from the back and keep your fingers crossed.It really is shite.Jack will move on and god help us.How we manage to sign so many no mark players in one go is a talent of extraordinary proportions.
    well p****d off!

Quote Originally Posted by lacroix4 View Post
    In all my years as a Villa fan I have never seen such an inept attacking system (lack of)as now.We just havent got a plan apart from lump out from the back and keep your fingers crossed.It really is shite.Jack will move on and god help us.How we manage to sign so many no mark players in one go is a talent of extraordinary proportions.
    well p****d off!
    It's not as if we have a coherent team we've built up with a good manager though. We went into the Championship and bought loads of players based on stats without thinking how they would fit into a team together. Now we're in the PL we still have Championship level players with a few random players with no PL experience dropped in, and Jack. It really reminds me of our last season in the PL when we had some good players but clueless management. I don't think anyone would blame Jack when he leaves, we can't play football, he's expected to carry the whole team (he's our top goalscorer on nine goals), we don't look like we're going to drag ourselves out of the mire and really he could go and play good football in a proper team for a few years and come back if we ever sort ourselves out. At least we have O'Hare to take his position in the Championship. Oh, no, we haven't. Still, the owners are rich, we can buy some more random players and start again.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    But I’m not . Perhaps a tongue in cheek response to Andy.
    Ive stated before that I’ve no issue with the team or Klopp.
    It’s the sycophancy attached to the club and the ‘fans’ who behave in this manner time after time.
    On the BBC last Thursday there was a report condemning the balloons on the beaches around Bournemouth. Immediately after , they reported similar crowded scenes around Anfield as high jinks . It’s like there’s a ban on reporting the uglier side.

Let’s face it, if City fans, Chelsea fans, Utd fans, whatever , were filmed firing fireworks into a crowd of people they’d be rightly slaughtered.

The mayor of your city warned against this and was shot down from all sides.

What other group of fans would find humour in this , trying to light up an iconic building, desecrating a statue of an Everton idol or even getting in a car and driving to Old Trafford in an attempt to do the same there?

You say there about going back to work on Monday. What if there’s a huge spike in Liverpool due to the congregations recently ? There was already a number of deaths attributed to the Athletico game wasn’t there?
    Yet, here again , the behaviour is almost condoned by Merseyside Policeand the council.
    It’s weird .

No, I didnt give up my Season Ticket btw.
    You need to let the hate go for scousers Goat. Liverpool and Manchester people are virtually the same.

Idiot fans for every team ; a lad firing off fireworks and a few morons giving the police a bit of grief doesn’t mean the rest of the 10,000 people there are all the same.

The lad has now been arrested and charged and will rightly be punished.

Scousers can hardly be blamed for the atletico game spreading Corona virus can they. The council and club requested the game be postponed but UEFA insisted it must be played.

As for the crowds, why haven’t you been on here condemning the BLM protests that happened in Manchester and having a go at the council and police that let it happen ?

Let the hate Goat, you’ve said you have scouse friends and have even gone the game with them at Anfield so you do realise that the fan base is not all the same.

Take a step back from the tribal football mentality and you’ll be ok.

Journeyman
    This information piqued my interest. I believe that no one will find new knowledge useless, especially students who can utilize it to conduct academic research. This is something that nurse writers does for me, but it turns out that because of my appetite for new information and the inspiration I get from numerous blogs, doing the research on my own would not be difficult for me.
    Last edited by bobocat; 2nd November 2022 at 03:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    You need to let the hate go for scousers Goat.

Take a step back from the tribal football mentality and you’ll be ok.
    He can't, he has no brakes. They've failed.
    Football mentality is his only forte. It's sad. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    He can't, he has no brakes. They've failed.
    Football mentality is his only forte. It's sad. Very sad.
    Another post with zero input bar an insult . Try the ignore function, perhaps? It can’t be good for you.

Ivan, I don’t hate Scousers, I don’t particularly hate the club . I dislike the circus that surrounds the whole set up .
    Your club and fans are virtually untouchable for any forms of criticism . You’ve literally backed this up with your response. The media is awash with apologists who are seemingly scared of reporting any negative press for fear of upsetting the club and followers.

One person with fireworks? Come on , really ?
    I dont know who has been arrested, wether it’s the guy who fired the fireworks into the building or the one into the crowd . They weren’t isolated incidents were they ?
    A few morons giving Police grief? Is that how you describe physically assaulting them as they tried to help the kid who had been stabbed ?

I wasn’t blaming Liverpool or the fans for the Athletico game . I was pointing out that a number of deaths were attributed to that event and surely people would be more aware going forward .
    The BLM march in a Manchester was nothing like the celebrations in Liverpool. Social distancing was mainly observed and a high proportion of attendees wore masks . They were also very unlikely to be drunk .

Mancs and Scousers the same ?
    I don’t know which set of people would be more insulted with that comparison :)

Master
    Liverpool and Manchester people are virtually the same.

Really? I've always found them very, very different.

Nothing at all to do with football. Just very different attitude and mind-sets.

Bars and night life in particular, were very different in the two cities.

(I spend most weekends flitting between the two cities for a period of a few years)

Master

Premier League 19/20

Goat,

Here’s your spin on the people of Manchester observing the 2metre rule.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAdjustments.jpg
    Adjustments.jpg

The people of Manchester eh. With BLM protests taking part in major cities only I wonder what the actual proportion of Mancunians was.

That said, I condemn it all. If they wanted to serve the interest of black lives the best thing would have been to stay at home. The extra risk of CV19 to people of minority ethnicity is cold hard science and there they all were spreading it around.

Sterling was wrong when he said the only disease in this country is that of racism. There is another one and it's killing a higher proportion of the very people he is encouraging onto the street to squeeze together. Stupid.

If the Goat (and myself if you have included me) hated scousers that much he would surely be happy to see all the idiots dancing in the Covid rain? Of course not. You are so blinkered in your view you can't even follow your own skewed logic.

As for both sets of people I don't know. Both sets of fans I do know. City fans have never booed, whistled and hissed for 90 minutes when the opposition has had the ball. When Liverpool turn up here next week their coach won't get bricked. The police and the media won't need to ignore it and the older generation of fans won't need to turn a blind eye.

The Goat is absolutely right in what he says and your paper thin arguments are probably influenced by some notion that City fans are bitter about the team itself winning the league. I can confidently assure you that we don't give a hoot and we're over it already.

Instead of turning your head towards sportsmanship, decency and safety you would prefer to talk tripe.

I

Well done Ivan, great photo
    Could you now turn your detective skills to the ‘ one lad with a firework ‘ and some lads giving the police grief’
    You’re an apologist for them .

Master
    The lad firing fireworks at the building has been identified, arrested and charged.

The lads who were throwing cans at the police later on have also been Identified on CCTV and video footage.

I can’t see how you are saying I’m excusing them, they will rightly be charged and hopefully jailed.

There were 15 arrests due to trouble that day and night. There were mass gatherings at the pier head, anfield, sefton park, west derby and woolton village. Only the pier head saw incidents.

There were more arrests at the BLM protest in Manchester.

Do you see what I’m getting at here ?

A minority will always cause trouble but that’s what they are ..... a minority.

Factor in Liverpool have been in Europe for the past 50+ years and the size of the fan base the actually level of trouble is incredibly low.

I work with Manchester lads every day and we get on great. I like Manchester people, I also have no problem with united or city supports.

It amazes me you can group crowds of 50k plus as being all the same.

There is trouble at every city united derby are all 70,000 people attending scumbags ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivan, you're wasting your breath...

The lad firing fireworks at the building has been identified, arrested and charged.

The lads who were throwing cans at the police later on have also been Identified on CCTV and video footage.

I can’t see how you are saying I’m excusing them, they will rightly be charged and hopefully jailed.

There were 15 arrests due to trouble that day and night. There were mass gatherings at the pier head, anfield, sefton park, west derby and woolton village. Only the pier head saw incidents.

Factor in Liverpool have been in Europe for the past 50+ years and the size of the fan base the actually level of trouble is incredibly low.

I work with Manchester lads every day and we get on great. I like Manchester people, I also have no problem with united or city supports.

There is trouble at every city united derby are all 70,000 people attending scumbags ?

The guy with a firework was an Everton supporter as well

More arrests at BLM ? There weren’t any ! They were praised by the council chief and the head of GMP for exemplary behaviour.
    Plus, if there was unrest, surely it’d be more expected at a protest march as opposed to a celebration ?

Of course there’s trouble at the Derby, but it’s generally scumbags who are looking for it anyway. In no way did I suggest all the crowd at Pier Head were scumbags.

I see Boring 747 is also assisting in the input . That should take it up a notch or two
    Last edited by thegoat; 30th June 2020 at 19:03.

Master
    More arrests at BLM ? There weren’t any ! They were praised by the council chief and the head of GMP for exemplary behaviour.
    Plus, if there was unrest, surely it’d be more expected at a protest march as opposed to a celebration ?

Of course there’s trouble at the Derby, but it’s generally scumbags who are looking for it anyway. In no way did I suggest all the crowd at Pier Head were scumbags.

I see Boring 747 is also assisting in the input . That should take it up a notch or two
    It’s getting very cyclical this so I’ll call it a day after this post.

Regarding BLM arrests it was on Granada news, the police were arresting a chap and they got bottles thrown at them and attacked. Pretty similar to the pier head. Quick google will confirm.

Anyway good look for next season

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    The guy with a firework was an Everton supporter as well
    Actually, he wasn't. That was misinformation that has managed to make one innocent Everton supporter's life uncomfortable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Actually, he wasn't. That was misinformation that has managed to make one innocent Everton supporter's life uncomfortable.
    Just to clarify the firework chap is an Everton fan, it just wasn’t the poor kid that was doing the rounds on social media.

Blog Entries
    Just to clarify the firework chap is an Everton fan, it just wasn’t the poor kid that was doing the rounds on social media.
    That's strange as that info isn't shared in any of the articles about him online. Do you know the kid?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    That's strange as that info isn't shared in any of the articles about him online. Do you know the kid?
    Still no evidence of who this kid supports on any UK official site. Loads of social media saying he's a red. You'd have to ask why any blue would want to be amongst so many reds celebrating and having reds cheer every time a firework or flare is fired at the Liver Building. Only official media I can find is from Denmark so you may need to hit 'translate' in order to read this https://www.plbold.dk/nyhed/kaempe-b...erskabsfejring

 Everton fans 

Blog Entries
    Getting back to current form
    Everton IMO got lucky and my lot of overpaid ponces sorry prima donnas got rolled can see MU who are looking good sneaking that fourth spot
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Fourth? The sky’s the limit (well third)! Much improved: Martial/Rashford, Pogba/Fernandes, Matic, Maguire/Lindelof.

Contracts, comings, goings up in the air except for the obvious deadwood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Fourth? The sky’s the limit (well third)! Much improved: Martial/Rashford, Pogba/Fernandes, Matic, Maguire/Lindelof.

Contracts, comings, goings up in the air except for the obvious deadwood.

2, maybe three signings from having a complete squad .
    Still not convinced about the manager but I’m sure he will prove me wrong again .
    I think next season is going to be special . Liverpool , City, Utd, Chelsea will all be strong .
    Everton and Newcastle ( hopefully) will have money .
    Leicester,Wolves ,Arsenal and Spurs should all improve .
    Only thing missing will be the fans

Premier League 19/20

2, maybe three signings from having a complete squad .
    Still not convinced about the manager but I’m sure he will prove me wrong again .
    I think next season is going to be special . Liverpool , City, Utd, Chelsea will all be strong .
    Everton and Newcastle ( hopefully) will have money .
    Leicester,Wolves ,Arsenal and Spurs should all improve .
    Only thing missing will be the fans
    I hope Martial/Rashford maintain their burst in production, otherwise United need a killer striker based on the overall shortfall of goals this season.

OGS ain’t no JK or PG and never will be. I’m happy with him and some stability at the moment after the topsy turvy of managerial changes. When his exit does come, I just hope it is dignified.

Teams with great heritage there. Hope Leicester and Wolves stay the course, Everton’s and Newcastle’s renaissances continue and would like to see Leeds and Forest back in the mix and all those teams with a chance and fighting it out, would be exciting.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Shall we get back on track here. Are we expecting two great teams to go toe to toe here or a top billing wash out?

I think both will be fired up, Liverpool for the win I think, but goals each end. 1-3

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 19/20

The foxes are in danger of dropping out the champions league places at this rate. The top 4 and relegation battle will be interesting.

Last years top four race imploded for those in it, it was like they didn’t want the points.

A nice result for West Ham last night.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    A nice result for West Ham last night.
    Like i just what’s apped a mate aren’t you glad that a favourite son brought his team to you and let you win as he could not bear the thought of the irons getting relegated

After the (unfair) abuse Lampard got when he left West Ham I cant see him doing us any favours!
    Given that we’re on an upward trajectory now after a great result and a decent performance we’ll probably get battered at Newcastle on Sunday now. It’s the West Ham Way.

Master
    Scousers took a battering at the hands of city didn’t they .. probably all nursing hangovers they just didn’t turn up

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Scousers took a battering at the hands of city didn’t they .. probably all nursing hangovers they just didn’t turn up

It was an even match for the first half hour, then city made a statement to what looked like a team not firing on all cylinders. Foden once again looks the real deal, plus the usual from KDB.

Part of me is glad as it may trigger some investment into the squad.

Leicester need a win here . The pack is closing in on top 4 .

Blog Entries
    Leicester need a win here . The pack is closing in on top 4 .
    Quite simply a decent Saturday will be

MU to lose
    Leicester to lose
    Wolves to lose
    CFC to win

Oh a City getting dumped from Europe

Update first and second out of the window suspect it will not be a great Sat night.
    Last edited by mart broad; 4th July 2020 at 17:06.

Master
    Watched a match without the fake crowd noise for the first time today. I was surprised by how "flat" it felt.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

WTB : 1 x Left Back

WTB : 1 x Left Back.

- will trade lightly used (over-confident) Ukrainian & jovial, but over-rated French units for anything consistent & reliable.

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    WTB : 1 x Left Back.

- will trade lightly used (over-confident) Ukrainian & jovial, but over-rated French units for anything consistent & reliable.

z
    To be fair Zinchenko is a class Ukrainian International midfielder that has played out of position for every game he has played for us. Nobody was whinging the Centurions season when he and Delph covered that position, nor the following season when we got 98 points. We had a bad day at the office today and fair play to Southampton who defended fantastically well.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Fair play to Southampton yesterday, great to see Ings doing well too.

Blog Entries
    Is it just me that feels the games due to lack of crowd are just well flat dull and totally uninteresting?

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Is it just me that feels the games due to lack of crowd are just well flat dull and totally uninteresting?
    A lot, yes, but I thought Southampton v City was good last night, even without a crowd. Southampton were brilliant Across the whole team, and that’s hard for a Pompey fan to say, but credit where it’s due.

Foggy

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    It takes away a huge amount plus nullifies the home/away scenario too.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Another VAR howler tonight. How they could have backed up the ref in the penalty call for Man U is beyond me. Fergie must be doing a few shifts at Stockley Park.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I can see why ref might give it but VAR should have totally reversed it. Utd good value for win though. Greenwood is a class act.

Villa were the better team up to that point . A decision like that will knock the fight out of you .
    There’s every chance Utd would’ve won anyway , but the blatant penalty call was a helping hand .
    4 th could well come down to the last day v Leicester . They might have to get Howard Webb out of retirement for that one .
    There were bad penalty calls in the two other games last night as well .
    To top it all ,FIFA are now hoping to take control of VAR .
    Hilarious
    Last edited by thegoat; 10th July 2020 at 05:23.

Any other time you could easily have seen a red card for landing on someone's leg/foot like that.
    "A man of little significance"

Master
    I actually laughed when the ref blew for the pen last night and was dumbfounded when Var didn’t reverse it. Never a pen in a million years. That young Greenwood lad can strike a ball though. Looks very promising, but we’ve seen promising players disappear way too often to get too giddy.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I actually laughed when the ref blew for the pen last night and was dumbfounded when Var didn’t reverse it. Never a pen in a million years. That young Greenwood lad can strike a ball though. Looks very promising, but we’ve seen promising players disappear way too often to get too giddy.
    Too true Gary Neville is already jizzing over him. Far too soon.

God, we're rubbish - how a team full of such talented players can fail to be able to string a few passes together is completely beyond me.

Jose has been a complete disaster for this squad, and I'd kill to have Poch back right now.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    God, we're rubbish - how a team full of such talented players can fail to be able to string a few passes together is completely beyond me.

Jose has been a complete disaster for this squad, and I'd kill to have Poch back right now.
    Agree 100%.

I watched last night expecting (hoping) that Bournemouth would get spanked (Watford supporter).
    Haven’t taken much notice of Spurs since Jose took over but I was absolutely amazed at how poor the same bunch of players that were so fluent under Poch now looked. Their play was very disjointed, not help by several players’ first touch seeming to have abandoned them. Even Son was trapping the ball further than I can kick it.

Whatever Jose may have had, he has certainly lost it now.
    Last edited by hhhh; 10th July 2020 at 09:43.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

I was fearing the worst for Bournemouth last night but the way the game ended Spurs were lucky to get away with a point. What on earth has happened to the Spurs free flowing football we were all used to? I know the season is coming to an end but Spurs still have Europe to play for, they were playing like they had just lost interest.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    What on earth has happened to the Spurs free flowing football we were all used to?
    this...

z