closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1741

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Benteke was fantastic at Villa... Since the start of the 2017-18 season he's played in 61 PL matches for Palace and scored four goals.

I don't think Spurs can afford Grealish, sorry Tel.
    Good grief, one goal every fifteen matches???

Grealish may as well get Audere est Facere tattooed on his arm now, Simon

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post

God
    Thanks
    This is really cool .

Master
    It's super tight at the bottom now isn't it.

Personally hope Bournemouth stay up, always liked their style of play.

Master
    There’s plenty of teams that could be relegated , I like Eddie Howe he’s done a marvellous job, of the bottom teams I want to see Watford stay up, good squad and given recent form would deserve it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Watford are giving it a good go - especially recently - i think they'll make it.

Would prefer Bournemouth don't go down - have a soft spot for them, although Eddie Howe seems to get alot of leeway with the press as he tries to play 'nice' football.

Norwich & Villa - I think are gone. I can't say I mind about losing either.

Master
    Great to hear Aguero getting the plaudits he deserves on the radio today. What a player!

Could grace any team in the world.

Master
    Yep...pure class

Pepe Reina signing for Villa apparently on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Pepe Reina signing for Villa apparently on loan.
    He was at the match yesterday. Presumably wondering what the hell he'd agreed to.

I think Villa's main issues are:

1. having to buy in a load of players after most of the ones from the Championship went due to being either on loan (Tammy Abraham for example) or not good enough.

2. a complete lack of striker with PL experience. Wesley came in from Belgium, Kodjia had a couple of good seasons with Bristol and Villa in the Championship and Davis is an academy player. All currently injured. None of them good enough.

3. a manager who's never managed at this level. His team selections and tactics have sometimes been questionable and hoofing it to the striker or relying on Grealish coming up with something aren't terribly good starting points.

Losing Mings to injury really caused problems through December and having McGinn, Wesley and Heaton injured has caused a lot more right now. Fortunately I think the club was planning on brining in at least one more striker this window anyway.

I don't think it's all gloom and doom for Villa but I think they were a bit naive coming into this season, not helped by everyone realising they had money to spend and doubling the cost of everyone (apparently Brighton paid half of price Villa were given for Maupay). Plus against ManC it looked like no one gave a flying toss. I would imagine Villa will beat Brighton next week though, and the relegation zone merry-go-round will start spinning again.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Dan1981 View Post
    Watford are giving it a good go - especially recently - i think they'll make it.

Would prefer Bournemouth don't go down - have a soft spot for them, although Eddie Howe seems to get alot of leeway with the press as he tries to play 'nice' football.

Norwich & Villa - I think are gone. I can't say I mind about losing either.
    Watford were looking out of it - and then they got Nigel Pearson.

Like two different teams.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Great to hear Aguero getting the plaudits he deserves on the radio today. What a player!

Could grace any team in the world.
    Yet only twice in PFA team of year. Looking at records after game on Sky yesterday his minutes per goal is streets ahead.
    The City board will have to be at the top of their game to replace Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho with replacements of similar quality.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Yet only twice in PFA team of year. Looking at records after game on Sky yesterday his minutes per goal is streets ahead.
    The City board will have to be at the top of their game to replace Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho with replacements of similar quality.
    To be fair City still haven't replaced Kompany and have suffered for it this season. Foden is not yet in the same class as Silva so there will be a gap there for a season or two. Happens with all sussessful teams, Ferguson's United, Chelsea etc. Unless you can bring in world players City are likely to drop to top four contenders rather than potential champions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    On the one hand, I like Villa so want them to stay up. On the other hand I’d quite like Spurs to sign Jack Grealish. Hmmm...
    Tony never figured you for a short shorts man
    Last edited by mart broad; 13th January 2020 at 17:38.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

The annual slog to 40 points continues. A point at West Ham takes the mighty Blues to 29. Just 11 points to go. Sad, but that's what it is at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The annual slog to 40 points continues. A point at West Ham takes the mighty Blues to 29. Just 11 points to go. Sad, but that's what it is at the moment.
    29 points, luxury!

We've got 23.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Looking good for Liverpool if Burnley can get a draw especially with City dropping two points. The challenge seems to be falling away.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Looking good for Liverpool if Burnley can get a draw especially with City dropping two points. The challenge seems to be falling away.
    ....or a win😳

Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    ....or a win
    Indeed and achieved.

City draw, Leicester lose, Chelsea lose, Spurs draw. The Scouse ducks appear to be all lined up.

Indeed and achieved.

City draw, Leicester lose, Chelsea lose, Spurs draw. The Scouse ducks appear to be all lined up.
    Most excellent !

United to win today and ruin Liverpool’s unbeaten run

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    You should get a few quid on that, you'll probably get decent odds.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    It has to end sometime doesn't it but from my perspective, not today thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    It has to end sometime doesn't it but from my perspective, not today thanks
    I think it's likely to happen later in the season if they are doing well in the FA Cup and CL and the PL is all but won, throphies are more important than points and Klopp may start putting out weakened teams in the league and help a few squad players qualify for a PL medal.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I think it's likely to happen later in the season if they are doing well in the FA Cup and CL and the PL is all but won, throphies are more important than points and Klopp may start putting out weakened teams in the league and help a few squad players qualify for a PL medal.
    Personally I don’t think he will risk putting a much weakened side out in any PL game as I think they will want to break records.

Personally I don’t think he will risk putting a much weakened side out in any PL game as I think they will want to break records.

You might be right, but City did well on all domestic fronts last season, Klopp put his kids out against Everton in the cup and got away with it. He did the same against Villa (although not his choice) and they got hammered. The same could happen again in the cup if they play anyone decent who put a strong team out.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    You might be right, but City did well on all domestic fronts last season, Klopp put his kids out against Everton in the cup and got away with it. He did the same against Villa (although not his choice) and they got hammered. The same could happen again in the cup if they play anyone decent who put a strong team out.
    I agree it may/ will happen in the cup rather than the PL

Master
    Fair play to Liverpool. Not entirely coincidentally I was out for a curry with the family, so didn't see it, but sounded like 2-0 probably flattered.

Onwards to Burnley

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Fair play to Liverpool. Not entirely coincidentally I was out for a curry with the family, so didn't see it, but sounded like 2-0 probably flattered.

Onwards to Burnley
    Flattered United certainly.

Master
    That's what I meant

Master
    Flattered United certainly.

Funny all my Liverpool mates are saying 2-0 flattered Liverpool.

I thought Liverpool, were worth the 3 points. Nothing more.

Torn today because my loathing for Utd has been around much longer .
    The league had gone many weeks ago so I was kind of hoping they’d get a 10-0 pumping .
    Maybe Burnley will do it . 😂

Master
    Blog Entries
    Liverpool should have been 3 up by halftime.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Liverpool should have been 3 up by halftime.
    3-1 surely? Martial had a great chance to score.

I only managed to see the first half of the Liverpool/Man U game, but Liverpool were a class apart.

As for VAR, those who think Liverpool get it easy are dreaming, the first disallowed golf was a classic, we must protect the Goalie foul, even though he managed to get a fist on to it. What was however quite shocking was the reaction of MU players to the referee - not cool! The offside goal (which was simple sublime) was marginal.

Liverpool's passing, ability to keep/control the ball and their pace, made United look pedestrian.

No doubt Fregies team's were great back in the 90's, but this team is just as good, and perhaps even better because they are much fitter.

I am sure that some here might not share this view

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I only managed to see the first half of the Liverpool/Man U game, but Liverpool were a class apart.

As for VAR, those who think Liverpool get it easy are dreaming, the first disallowed golf was a classic, we must protect the Goalie foul, even though he managed to get a fist on to it. What was however quite shocking was the reaction of MU players to the referee - not cool! The offside goal (which was simple sublime) was marginal.

Liverpool's passing, ability to keep/control the ball and their pace, made United look pedestrian.

No doubt Fregies team's were great back in the 90's, but this team is just as good, and perhaps even better because they are much fitter.

I am sure that some here might not share this view
    Comparing teams 25yrs apart is pointless. The game changes, can only say Liverpool are a class above everyone this season.

At the moment, it's seems they're more likely to finish the season with a bigger points gap than they have now.

Master
    Arsenal's all-conquering 30s team led by tricky winger Charles 'Charlie' Charles bossed 1991 Liverpool and would have given this year's vintage a stern test also.

Master
    Blog Entries
    You would thing there would have been more cards than that for the referee harassment by MANU last night. Great 3 points though and chuffed for Salah.

I think Pawson was concerned that he had failed to spot an infringement and was too busy trying to resolve that to start waving cards. The vehemence of Man Utd protests seemed to unsettle him.

In other news Gary Neville is wading in to United's toxic management structure....at last!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-unforgivable/

Master
    credit to Liverpool they are a VERY good side and that hurts me to say as a Utd fan but 2-0 was more than deserved and it could of been many more and yet Utd played about as good as they could of given the players available and it was no surprise to me, have to say the rant between Keane and carrargher was the best part of it all for me epic viewing and two passionate men going hammer and tongs at it.

As a Utd fan for 40 odd years its madness to me that the press still want to focus on the managers I thought Keane was right and Utd are where they are due to shocking recruitment policy ultimately Deadwood is the key component in the demise him ad the glazers and until that changes nothing else will for Utd

Im just thankful that I lived through the glory years and was able to see the vast majority of them games.

moving forward its a massive job Liverpool and city are miles ahead of the rest of the pack

Master
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Good.

De Gea was a disgrace.

z

Everton 2-0 up after 90 mins.

The lads battled bravely on to secure a point.

What a crock of shite.

Master

Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    credit to Liverpool they are a VERY good side and that hurts me to say as a Utd fan but 2-0 was more than deserved and it could of been many more and yet Utd played about as good as they could of given the players available and it was no surprise to me, have to say the rant between Keane and carrargher was the best part of it all for me epic viewing and two passionate men going hammer and tongs at it.

As a Utd fan for 40 odd years its madness to me that the press still want to focus on the managers I thought Keane was right and Utd are where they are due to shocking recruitment policy ultimately Deadwood is the key component in the demise him ad the glazers and until that changes nothing else will for Utd

Im just thankful that I lived through the glory years and was able to see the vast majority of them games.

moving forward its a massive job Liverpool and city are miles ahead of the rest of the pack
    Agree with all of that. But as long as the club makes them a fat pile of cash every year nothing will change.
    Last edited by Bondurant; 21st January 2020 at 22:51.

Up The Villa. That is all.
    "A man of little significance"

Some real grit shown by Arsenal tonight who may consider themselves unlucky to have played the majority of the match with 10 men. Martinelli is going to be some player

I take back everything I said about Sheffield Utd .
    Some shocking challenges today, one on a kid just back from a long layoff .

Journeyman

Premier League 19/20

Well done Newcastle....hit Everton with two sucker punches in 60 secs of injury time....football is such a great game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Some real grit shown by Arsenal tonight who may consider themselves unlucky to have played the majority of the match with 10 men. Martinelli is going to be some player
    Cannot disagree Ryan reckoned when that fool Luiz got sent off we were going to a a decent three points but we just cannot finish we had 19 shots to Arsenal 2 but credit to you guys you dug out a point that’s 5 points dropped over the last two games so come on Burnley tomorrow.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Everton 2-0 up after 90 mins.

The lads battled bravely on to secure a point.

What a crock of shite.
    Marco Silva's legacy lives on in both Everton and Watford. We collapsed from 1-0 to 1-2 with the last kick of the game too. Infuriating.

On a side note I definitely think VAR should be introduced for potential 2nd yellow card offences. The guy credited with scoring Villa's winner, Tyrone Mings, was judged to have handled the ball as Deulofeu ran clean through on goal while we led 1-0. He'd already been booked and the ref decided it was a free kick. If that offence was given then it's a 2nd yellow and a red card. Automatically. For some reason the ref didn't give it and we went on to lose. Personally I wasn't certain Mings' second offence was a foul. His hands were by his side and the ball played from close range. But, having given the decision the ref had no choice but to send him off. Instead, the player was allowed to continue and scored the winner. Absolutely woeful and another shocking decision that's cost Watford a goal this season. That's at least 4 now and all 4 have cost us points.

For all of Liverpool's fortune this season, we've had similar amounts of misfortune.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Completely justified.

But I won't deny being a little happy to see some fight back in the team.