closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1741

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Master
    Blog Entries
    Did I hear right? Liverpool best start to a season ever, in Europe.

Blog Entries
    That’s the premier league - cracking game.
    ...& Spuds nearly got one back...

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    That’s the premier league - cracking game.
    ...& Spuds nearly got one back...
    Yep - I think Liverpool deserved the win for first half dominance despite Spurs finishing stronger and missing some great chances to equalise. But another incident that left me puzzled by VAR - surely if a goal comes almost straight from a throw in taken on the edge of the box, they would check if it was a throw in?

There simply seems no rhyme or reason to how they apply it, I've seen goals allowed where there is a clear incident that happened enough time ahead of the goal so was deemed to have allowed a reset of play, then in the game today VAR looked for a handball (which showed the ref got that right) yet did not check the contentious throw in that started the move (a few seconds earlier) and was on the other side of the pitch from the linesman so the decision to award to Liverpool was wrong. Maybe I'm missing something, it just seems completely arbitrary??

Will be interested to see what MOTD makes of it and didn't see the Sky post mortem either!

Craftsman
    The Newcastle v Everton game the other week had a similar incident in that an incorrectly awarded corner ended in a goal.

The incorrect award of a throw (or corner) does not in itself lead to the goal it still requires top quality forward play. To re-referee all those decisions would be overkill and take award from both those goals scored by Liverpool today and Everton a few weeks ago.

Well done Southampton. Absolutely battered Leicester (should have won by 4) and a great but of spirit after losing 9-0 at home to them earlier

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Yep - I think Liverpool deserved the win for first half dominance despite Spurs finishing stronger and missing some great chances to equalise. But another incident that left me puzzled by VAR - surely if a goal comes almost straight from a throw in taken on the edge of the box, they would check if it was a throw in?

There simply seems no rhyme or reason to how they apply it, I've seen goals allowed where there is a clear incident that happened enough time ahead of the goal so was deemed to have allowed a reset of play, then in the game today VAR looked for a handball (which showed the ref got that right) yet did not check the contentious throw in that started the move (a few seconds earlier) and was on the other side of the pitch from the linesman so the decision to award to Liverpool was wrong. Maybe I'm missing something, it just seems completely arbitrary??

Will be interested to see what MOTD makes of it and didn't see the Sky post mortem either!
    Hmmm... I think I'm beginning to believe the conspiracy theories after all

No doubt in my mind that the Liverpool goal should have been disallowed (and it was a Spurs throw anyway). I'll let everyone else make their minds up about the horrendous Robinson tackle that should have resulted in a red card...

Thought we should definitely have come away from the match with a point. Also, it's clear that Eriksen shouldn't be near the first eleven any more - Lo Celso should be nailed on every week.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 12th January 2020 at 11:25.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

No doubt in my mind that the Liverpool goal should have been disallowed. I'll let everyone else make their minds up about the horrendous Robinson tackle that should have resulted in a red card...

Thought we should definitely have come away from the match with a point. Also, it's clear that Eriksen shouldn't be near the first eleven any more - Lo Celso should be nailed on every week.
    Looks like a penalty to Liverpool for me.
    I just hope that cheeky young scamp Robertson isn’t too badly injured by having his studs assaulted by his opponents ankle.

Definately a Spurs throw in, which lead to the Liverpool goal. Nothing really changes though, remember Fergie time years ago, we keep playing until United score and that was well pre-VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    West Ham won away at Gillingham. Tricky tie on a horrible pitch and did well.

Moyes put out a decent team and has sensibly tried to get somewhere in the cup.

After all it's all we really have to go for.
    All you have to go for? Apart from Premier League survival or are you taking that for granted? It's always interesting watching managers letting their reserves play up to a certain point in the cup and then deciding when it's serious enough to feed in senior players, while at the same time being cautious of injuries.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post
    The Newcastle v Everton game the other week had a similar incident in that an incorrectly awarded corner ended in a goal.

The incorrect award of a throw (or corner) does not in itself lead to the goal it still requires top quality forward play. To re-referee all those decisions would be overkill and take award from both those goals scored by Liverpool today and Everton a few weeks ago.
    This is where one of the problems lie. How is incorrectly awarding a corner or throw in that leads to a goal any different from a penalty or free kick that has the same outcome ? If it’s a wrong decision, then it should be treated as such. No exceptions.
    This is why the whole system is a farce .

I think that picture of Robinson makes it look far worse than it was ,it looks like a late tackle there ,it was a decent 50/50 both players only got eyes on the ball ,Robinson had already touched the ball before that pic ,the Tottenham lad never complained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I think that picture of Robinson makes it look far worse than it was ,it looks like a late tackle there ,it was a decent 50/50 both players only got eyes on the ball ,Robinson had already touched the ball before that pic ,the Tottenham lad never complained.

I was sitting with a good view of it, and I'll beg to differ; it was late, studs up and could have been a leg-breaker. Oh, and there were vociferous complaints to the referee, too.

I was sitting with a good view of it, and I'll beg to differ; it was late, studs up and could have been a leg-breaker. Oh, and there were vociferous complaints to the referee, too.
    Definitely.
    Besides the fact that ‘ the player got the ball first ‘ rule doesn’t apply anymore, he’s a snide little get with previous . Thinks he’s the big hard man on the field but continuously leaves a leg in, or pushing someone in the back when they aren’t paying attention.
    He’s tried to do the Spurs man there, no question .

No doubt in my mind that the Liverpool goal should have been disallowed (and it was a Spurs throw anyway). I'll let everyone else make their minds up about the horrendous Robinson tackle that should have resulted in a red card...

Jesus Christ, it wasn't even a foul, why not show a video of the challenge instead of showing a still?
    VAR doesn't check throw ins either so why should the goal have been disallowed?

https://twitter.com/barrymag1/status...49138796171265
    Last edited by Ric356II; 12th January 2020 at 17:21.

West Ham won away at Gillingham. Tricky tie on a horrible pitch and did well.

Moyes put out a decent team and has sensibly tried to get somewhere in the cup.

After all it's all we really have to go for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    All you have to go for? Apart from Premier League survival or are you taking that for granted? It's always interesting watching managers letting their reserves play up to a certain point in the cup and then deciding when it's serious enough to feed in senior players, while at the same time being cautious of injuries.
    Of course, the FA cup is really all we have to go for.

Relegation is always a possibility of course and it doesn't help when our goal against Sheffield Utd was disallowed because a Sheffield Utd defender headed the ball onto Rice's arm from a foot away according to VAR.

Because it was in the build up to a goal, the goal was disallowed.

What next? Players running with their arms behind their backs as you often see defenders having to do now?

Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    Jesus Christ, it wasn't even a foul, why not show a video of the challenge instead of showing a still?
    VAR doesn't check throw ins either so why should the goal have been disallowed?

https://twitter.com/Sennesation/stat...29006280314886
    Wasn't even a foul........ I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Wasn't even a foul........ I give up.
    Did you watch it?

Robertson was first to the ball, Tanganga was late, misses the ball by miles and clatters into Robertson. If anything it was a foul on Robertson.

And if you're going by the still photo posted earlier, here's another one:

Last edited by Ric356II; 12th January 2020 at 16:45.

Looking at it again he was probably lucky to not get sent off ,but I can’t see how it was late has he’s taken the ball first he was never playing the man,and he’s followed through after which can’t be helped.
    Liverpool are getting all the luck at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Looking at it again he was probably lucky to not get sent off ,but I can’t see how it was late has he’s taken the ball first he was never playing the man,and he’s followed through after which can’t be helped.
    Liverpool are getting all the luck at the minute.

I don't agree. His foots on the ground when he makes contact with the ball. But his follow through is studs up, above the ankle. With the rules as they exist today, that's endangering another player, and a red.

But we can debate wether it's a red all day. Only the most biased fan would claim it's not even a foul. And a var review would be consistent with how it's normally applied.

If var has any chance at being widely accepted, they've got to be more consistent. The Arsenal incident was farcical. The ref is standing a few metres from where the monitor is located. How waiting 2mins for the remote ref to view multiple replays when the ref is a few paces away from a monitor, baffles me.

If a ref is going to issue cards, surely he should be doing so based on his own judgement? It was the correct decision (eventually), but it's got to be slicker.

Of course, the FA cup is really all we have to go for.

Relegation is always a possibility of course and it doesn't help when our goal against Sheffield Utd was disallowed because a Sheffield Utd defender headed the ball onto Rice's arm from a foot away according to VAR.

Because it was in the build up to a goal, the goal was disallowed.

What next? Players running with their arms behind their backs as you often see defenders having to do now?

If the ball doesn’t hit his arm it is cleared and West Ham don’t score.

There have been far greater VAR injustices this season. I might be biased but I think that is one circumstance that I’d keep outlawed next season.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Looks like a penalty to Liverpool for me.
    I just hope that cheeky young scamp Robertson isn’t too badly injured by having his studs assaulted by his opponents ankle.
    Finally a sensible comment from you😂

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    I don't agree. His foots on the ground when he makes contact with the ball. But his follow through is studs up, above the ankle. With the rules as they exist today, that's endangering another player, and a red.

But we can debate wether it's a red all day. Only the most biased fan would claim it's not even a foul. And a var review would be consistent with how it's normally applied.

If var has any chance at being widely accepted, they've got to be more consistent. The Arsenal incident was farcical. The ref is standing a few metres from where the monitor is located. How waiting 2mins for the remote ref to view multiple replays when the ref is a few paces away from a monitor, baffles me.

If a ref is going to issue cards, surely he should be doing so based on his own judgement? It was the correct decision (eventually), but it's got to be slicker.
    Robertson overruns the ball and stretches to win the ball before Tanganga gets it and does so. Robertson wins the ball and his momentum takes him forward, Tanganga is late and collides with Roberson's leg. Not even close to being a red.

Robertson overruns the ball and stretches to win the ball before Tanganga gets it and does so. Robertson wins the ball and his momentum takes him forward, Tanganga is late and collides with Roberson's leg. Not even close to being a red.

Collides with his leg . That's Mourinho level nonsense.

Can imagine that being used regularly on a Saturday night. "He collided with my fist officer. If anything, he assaulted me."

Can imagine that being used regularly on a Saturday night. "He collided with my fist officer. If anything, he assaulted me."
    What does he collide with then if it's not Robertson's leg, because the ball has already gone. Is Robertson supposed to stop dead after touching the ball?

Two players going for the ball, one gets there first and the other collides with the player who won the ball. It's actually the side of Robertson's boot, he's not going studs up with any real force, his leg is hanging in the air after winning the ball.

https://twitter.com/trigger39/status...93972878401537
    Last edited by Ric356II; 12th January 2020 at 19:11.

Yeah, because two footballers challenging for a 50/50 ball is exactly like someone getting punched on a Saturday night.
    What's up have you now seen the footage and realised it was as I described after all?

Definitely.
    Besides the fact that ‘ the player got the ball first ‘ rule doesn’t apply anymore, he’s a snide little get with previous . Thinks he’s the big hard man on the field but continuously leaves a leg in, or pushing someone in the back when they aren’t paying attention.
    He’s tried to do the Spurs man there, no question .
    Another balanced view from you there then yeah ?
    Did you actually watch the slow mo on MOTd or what ?

What does he collide with then if it's not Robertson's leg, because the ball has already gone. Is Robertson supposed to stop dead after touching the ball?

Two players going for the ball, one gets there first and the other collides with the player who won the ball. It's actually the side of Robertson's boot, he's not going stud's up with any real force, his leg is hanging in the air after winning the ball.

https://twitter.com/trigger39/status...93972878401537
    I can guarantee you if it was the other way round, you’d be screaming for a red .
    By the letter of the law, it was recklessly endangering an opponent, regardless of getting the ball first or not.
    Your lot still bang on about Edersons face ruining one of Manes studs .

I can guarantee you if it was the other way round, you’d be screaming for a red .
    No, you can't.

I’m with RIC on this,regarding VAR I think it should only be used for penalties and goals ,in around box none of this going back to half way line .

By the letter of the law, it was recklessly endangering an opponent, regardless of getting the ball first or not.
    Your lot still bang on about Edersons face ruining one of Manes studs .
    Not at the game today?😂

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Not at the game today?
    Nope
    If ever you want to play ‘how many football matches you’ve been to ‘ top trumps , let me know .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    No, you can't.
    Isn’t FFS your stock reply ?

Nope

Isn’t FFS your stock reply ?
    Only when a boring prole with blinkered one sided vision consistently responds without considering any other view than what his one eye can see. FFS !!

Nope
    If ever you want to play ‘how many football matches you’ve been to ‘ top trumps , let me know .

How about "How many European Cups or Champions League Finals" have you won Top Trumps ??

How about "How many European Cups or Champions League Finals" have you won Top Trumps ??
    Ooh , two responses . Well done you .
    Anyway, me personally. I haven’t won any of those competitions you’ve highlighted so I defer to you there Mr Dalglish .

So who's going down with Norwich? Looking grim for Villa and Bournemouth although I have a sneaky suspicion Burnley will get dragged into it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Norwich and Villa gone for sure. Bournemouth can’t buy a win either so I’d back them to take the 3rd spot....

I defer to you

Yep
    Got me there
    By the way , could you show me where I’ve been one eyed and refusing to accept different opinions ?
    You’re much better in the Draft Thread where you have so much angst .

Nope
    How about how many times you have talked about Liverpool compared to how many times you have talked about City my obsessed little fruit bat?

Hi Robert
    Missed you xx
    Most of my posts generally regard the PL and VAR .
    As much as you’d love to think my obsession stretches across to Merseyside, I can assure you it doesn’t .
    When you win the league this season , O shall happily join the eleven million fans who will step out on the main drag and join in with a super rendition of a popular musical song .
    Anyway , back in your box , there’s a new LiVARpool spokesman in town .

Hi Robert
    Missed you xx
    Most of my posts generally regard the PL and VAR .
    As much as you’d love to think my obsession stretches across to Merseyside, I can assure you it doesn’t .
    When you win the league this season , O shall happily join the eleven million fans who will step out on the main drag and join in with a super rendition of a popular musical song .
    Anyway , back in your box , there’s a new LiVARpool spokesman in town .
    He actually thinks anyone takes him seriously
    😂😂😂

How many times did you just mention a Liverpool right here?

😂😂😂
    Last edited by robert75; 12th January 2020 at 20:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossmore10 View Post
    Norwich and Villa gone for sure. Bournemouth can’t buy a win either so I’d back them to take the 3rd spot....

And yet a month or so ago it was Watford and Southampton looking screwed. Who knows. One thing Villa have is the money. One thing they don't have is a striker. Who knows. Villa and Norwich do seem to each be reliant on one player.

And yet a month or so ago it was Watford and Southampton looking screwed. Who knows. One thing Villa have is the money. One thing they don't have is a striker. Who knows. Villa and Norwich do seem to each be reliant on one player.
    Talk on the radio suggesting they should try and get benteke on loan until the end of season.

I’ve mentioned it previously .
    Danny Drinkwater has been stealing a living from this game for years.

He actually thinks anyone takes him seriously
    

How many times did you just mention a Liverpool right here?


    Once bobby
    You don’t mind if I call you Bobby do you ?
    It’s a Martin Tyler thing 😂

On the one hand, I like Villa so want them to stay up. On the other hand I’d quite like Spurs to sign Jack Grealish. Hmmm...

Yep
    Got me there
    Yep, that's true.

Good evening....

Talk on the radio suggesting they should try and get benteke on loan until the end of season.
    Benteke was fantastic at Villa because he wanted to play for Arsenal and was doing everything he could to show why he should. He was the focus point of the team and every once in a while linked up perfectly with Andreas Weimann and Gabby Agbonlahor. Since the start of the 2017-18 season he's played in 61 PL matches for Palace and scored four goals.

I don't think Spurs can afford Grealish, sorry Tel.