timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1741

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Fair play? Spirit of the game?
    Paolo Di Canio of West Ham v. Everton 20.12.2000.

I meant ref 'getting in the way' or (prior to the recent rule change) being struck by the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    No surpise to find the Blades bottom of that league or to see that last night's game was given to a referee from Manchester whose internvention handed City the lead.

FWIW clear and obvious errors, by their difinition, should not need; slow motion, frozen frames or more than 20 seconds to manifest themselves.
    If it’s any consolation , I thought the ref was going to stop the game as I thought it hit him . Only later it turned out that he couldn’t .
    I also mentioned I didn’t have an issue with your goal, when it went to VAR , most of us assumed it was for the tackle on Aguero .
    Great performance from United yesterday and , unlike a few teams who have excelled in their first season , only to subsequently drop out of the PL, there’s a spirit and a good talent pool there to build on .
    As for the referee , trust me on this , he has previous with us too .
    Enjoyed the repertoire of your fans songs last night too .

As for that ESPN table , am I right in thinking it only shows overturned decisions so it isn’t definitive at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    If it’s any consolation , I thought the ref was going to stop the game as I thought it hit him . Only later it turned out that he couldn’t .
    I also mentioned I didn’t have an issue with your goal, when it went to VAR , most of us assumed it was for the tackle on Aguero .
    Great performance from United yesterday and , unlike a few teams who have excelled in their first season , only to subsequently drop out of the PL, there’s a spirit and a good talent pool there to build on .
    As for the referee , trust me on this , he has previous with us too .
    Enjoyed the repertoire of your fans songs last night too .

As for that ESPN table , am I right in thinking it only shows overturned decisions so it isn’t definitive at all ?
    It is overturned decisions but we have seemed to suffer more than our fair share of the "millimeters offside" variety, including last night's. I do think that teams that rely on counter attacks and organisation are going to suffer more over the course of this season from that, than in previous ones.

I'm not serious about ref's origin but, whatever the rules, it is clear clear that he activly influenced your first goal and that is exactly what the bad wording was designed to prevent.

Like everyone else associated with our club the way the team has approached this season is something i'm really proud of, it's the best United team I've ever seen. When you add in our budget and the pre seson predictions of most pudits its helping to make the last 50 years worthwhile.

40 points is the last piece of the jigsaw.

They really need to adapt the rules to account for VAR

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    They really need to adapt the rules to account for VAR
    I love that the dashed lines they use are as thick as a player’s ankle, but (as others on here have said) no account is taken for margin of error or low frame rate. Compare that to the forensic photography used in athletics - football does come across as low tech.

On a related note, has anyone ever actually scored with their armpit? - gotta be worth a try!

VAR is killing the game. Mahrez was ruled offside but VAR spent over two minutes reviewing for a potential penalty on Mahrez with the replay clearly showing him to be onside.
    No penalty given but original offside free kick given to Everton. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    VAR is killing the game. Mahrez was ruled offside but VAR spent over two minutes reviewing for a potential penalty on Mahrez with the replay clearly showing him to be onside.
    No penalty given but original offside free kick given to Everton. Ridiculous.
    Nooooooooooo
    It’s a conspiracy rememberl🤔

Actually saw some use for VAR last night.

West Ham v Bournemouth.

Cresswell made a full blooded tackle on a Bournemouth player and was shown an instant red card by the ref.

The commentators didn't agree it was a red and on a VAR check the red was rescinded and replaced with a yellow.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Total dominance from Liverpool tonight and broke the prem passing record.

Couldn't bet against them winning both the league and champs with the current momentum.

Craftsman
    Fantastic performance.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

51 games. 41 wins, 10 draws, no losses. Not to shabby.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    Injuries are starting to crop up though. There will be hardly, if any first teamers on the field on Sunday.

Liverpool 2 Sheffield Utd 0

Three points. 58 points from a possible 60.

Top of the League.

18 wins in a row at Anfield.

85 points from the last 87 points available.

Unbeaten in the League in a calendar year.

Most passes in a match since the Premier League began.

This is a very special Liverpool team, don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

Eh ?
    Got any numbers to back that up ?

Eh ?
    FFS.......

Eh ?
    Seems the confusion came from BT Sport

"Liverpool's 969 attempted passes against Sheffield United is the most in the club's history - but not enough to beat the 1015 played by Man City against Swansea in April 2018."

"That *is* now a record for Liverpool in a Premier League game - but it's not a Premier League record.

Liverpool's number of completed passes this evening was actually 874, according to Opta, which is still hugely impressive!"

Happy?

From here...

https://www.givemesport.com/1534678-...ed?autoplay=on

Last edited by Ric356II; 3rd January 2020 at 00:19.

Loved wildest interview after ,top man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    Seems the confusion came from BT Sport

"Liverpool's 969 attempted passes against Sheffield United is the most in the club's history - but not enough to beat the 1015 played by Man City against Swansea in April 2018."

"That *is* now a record for Liverpool in a Premier League game - but it's not a Premier League record.

Liverpool's number of completed passes this evening was actually 874, according to Opta, which is still hugely impressive!"

Happy?

From here...

https://www.givemesport.com/1534678-...ed?autoplay=on

Delighted , thanks.
    It’s bad enough that you’re likely to smash many records this season without being erroneously gifted others.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    FFS.......
    LOL........

Master
    Delighted , thanks.
    It’s bad enough that you’re likely to smash many records this season without being erroneously gifted others.
    haha, i was surprised myself when it was said on BT. I thought it would be Arsenal with the record from the invincible days.

Master

Couldn't bet against them winning both the league and champs with the current momentum.
    Whilst many records may have been smashed, I think it was one of the most boring games I’ve ever seen

Master

OptaJoe @OptaJoe

874 - Liverpool completed 874 passes against Sheffield United this evening; their most in a Premier League game since Opta have this data recorded (since the 2003-04 season), with only Manchester City managing more in a game in this period (three times). Untouchable.

Last edited by David_D; 3rd January 2020 at 21:54.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post

OptaJoe @OptaJoe

874 - Liverpool completed 874 passes against Sheffield United this evening; their most in a Premier League game since Opta have this data recorded (since the 2003-04 season), with only Manchester City managing more in a game in this period (three times). Untouchable.

Yep. BT getting carried away again spouting nonsense last night about Liverpool breaking that particular record. Repeated all over today without anyone checking the facts..... They are playing really well and will win the league this year but some of the nonsense in the media today about them being the best premier league team ever is very OTT.

They haven’t won it just yet, and to be fair living in Liverpool for the past 18 years and being a Manc blue in my 51st season of going to matches isn't particularly easy, but most of the reds I speak to are just enjoying it and are not spouting nonsense. We have some great debates and most would say that there is a combination of playing really well with a great manager, no LT injuries to their key players and they are having some luck with key decisions, particularly VAR. if they win it they will deserve it.

So Klopp doesn't give a toss about the FA Cup. Hopefully the mighty Blues can give his kids a game. Just shows the difference in thinking, last season Pep wanted City to go for everything.

I suppose with the trophies already in the bag, the push for the PL and CL is enough for Klopp for one season.

Will Everton have a better chance to win at Anfield.

Come on you Blue boys

For gods sake Everton, stop smacking the ball straight at their goalie. Try a bit of left or right or keep it low.

Calm down dear.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    For gods sake Everton, stop smacking the ball straight at their goalie. Try a bit of left or right or keep it low.
    Regardless of the result from here on in , Everton , from top to bottom should be utterly disgusted with this performance.
    They’ve shown the FA Cup less respect than their opponents .

Regardless of the result from here on in , Everton , from top to bottom should be utterly disgusted with this performance.
    They’ve shown the FA Cup less respect than their opponents .
    Everton are complete and utter shite. We cannot even beat Liverpool's kids. They at least showed spirit and obviously were out to impress the manager. Not one shot in the second half. Even Aston Villa beat the Liverpool kids.

I genuinely think the best thing that could happen to Everton now would be to do a Sunderland and get relegated and be faced with a complete rebuild. It has worked for teams like Wolves.

Master
    Blog Entries
    “You can’t win anything with kids”!

Master
    One of those chances in the first half goes in and it would have ended up a cricket score for Everton.

It looks like our luck is in this season, just hope the Milner injury isn't too bad.

Everton are complete and utter shite. We cannot even beat Liverpool's kids. They at least showed spirit and obviously were out to impress the manager. Not one shot in the second half. Even Aston Villa beat the Liverpool kids.

I genuinely think the best thing that could happen to Everton now would be to do a Sunderland and get relegated and be faced with a complete rebuild. It has worked for teams like Wolves.
    But , do you know what ?
    They aren’t
    They really aren’t .
    There’s a team in there somewhere but a lot of them need to take a good long look at themselves .
    They’ve just been beaten by a second string team that would struggle to hold its own in the EDS ,never mind the Championship .
    Ancelotti will get it right but he will want , and hopefully get, investment.
    But some of those players will enjoy a long stint in the wilderness .

Master
    Blog Entries
    I agree with GOAT, Everton have top class manger and an owner with cash. Give it time, but you need to invest well and not just spunk the money like Silva did.

Everton just seem so disjointed as a team its shocking. I watched the last game against City and one Everton player literally ran in a big circle waiting for a teammate to make himself available for a pass. Today they played against a Liverpool team with only a handfull of regulars. They only seemed to really have a real go for a short period of the first half but even then Liverpool looked to have a degree of control by the second half it was like Liverpool were playing a pre season game just passing the ball around and when Everton did have the ball the passing was atrocious.

One of the stand out things for me is back in the day you could always name most of the Everton first 11, now I look at them half of them I am left thinking who? I said to someone a few years back Everton need to just bite the bullet and bring through their own academy players thats the only real solution I can see here.

Liverpool on the other hand have some decent youth players on their books. Jones, Phillips, Williams, Larouci, Elliot, Chirivella pretty much all of them did a cracking job tonight. Hard to imagine Chirivella could walk at the end of the season I imagine Liverpool may be looking to give him a contract extension some time soon same for Lallana who really showed some leadership qualities in the game.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Liverpool played 5 first teamers tonight so I think klopp does give a bit of a toss for the FA cup. It's most definitely not on the list of priorities though.

Good for the young’uns
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Blog Entries
    One of those chances in the first half goes in and it would have ended up a cricket score for Everton.

It looks like our luck is in this season, just hope the Milner injury isn't too bad.
    I reckon he would of just brought on the ox, hendo and mane if we got into trouble. any team needs some luck to win anything but we're not getting more than anyone else. We also don't own the patent to VAR to the suprise of some. The team played great tonight and well done to them. As you say really hope miller is ok.

Certainly a top rank manager in, an owner with money - Everton have been crying out for both of these for years, but the clearout should start now. A mix of expensive signings who have failed to deliver and some older players at the end of their careers need to be let go and a mix of young talent and some decent signings needs to start this month, but is more likely to happen in the summer window.

Klopp to be fair has created what Pep has had for the last two years at City, anyone given a game plays their heart out in order to try and impress and to stake a claim to be a regular starter.

Our season is effectively over, we are only 3 or 4 wins from safety so no risk of going down, but it is soul destroying for the fans.

Everton is my 'English' team, have been since I was about 12 (and I'm 63 in a couple of months). They were dreadful yesterday, heartless & clueless.
    ______

​Jim.

West Ham won away at Gillingham. Tricky tie on a horrible pitch and did well.

Moyes put out a decent team and has sensibly tried to get somewhere in the cup.

After all it's all we really have to go for.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Just watching the Arsenal - Leeds tie and now half time and after a very busy WE of cup football i am thinking more and more do we really need the “ talking heads” before at half time and at the end of the game quite honestly they just do my head in
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Another farce in Friday nights game .
    The ball knocked onto Rices’ arm from 6 inches near the half way line and its deemed to be part of the attacking play phase .
    The real irony is that if the exact same ‘offence’ had occurred in his own penalty area, the handball wouldn’t have been given .

The ball knocked onto Rices’ arm from 6 inches near the half way line and its deemed to be part of the attacking play phase .
    The real irony is that if the exact same ‘offence’ had occurred in his own penalty area, the handball wouldn’t have been given .

We didn’t really deserve much from the game but that handball rule (and the use of VAR to identify it) is a joke.

Plus Fabianski will doubtless now be out for a few weeks.

Craftsman
    Of to WHL and expecting nothing but a good hiding today......

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Of to WHL and expecting nothing but a good hiding today......
    Yeah, same. The only thing I'm not quite sure about is whether to go by bike or train.

I think, in this case, that it's a foul.

Rice/WHU got a clear advantage from the ball striking his arm (the contact allowed him to bring the ball under control & a couple of moments later they 'scored'). Had he not controlled the ball then the passage of play would have been different.

The law is at fault, or rather the way the law is written is at fault, not VAR.
    Last edited by jwg663; 11th January 2020 at 12:40. Reason: Extra blah-blah-blah...
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I think, in this case, that it's a foul.

Rice/WHU got a clear advantage from the ball striking his arm (the contact allowed him to bring the ball under control & a couple of moments later they 'scored'). Had he not controlled the ball then the passage of play would have been different.

The law is at fault, or rather the way the law is written is at fault, not VAR.
    They're both at fault for me. The law is ridiculous (should be consistent wether defending/attacking), and there's no way that is a clear/obvious error.

Come on Everton, give Brighton a good thumping. Only 15 points from flip flop time 😂

1-0 up at half time isn't exactly a thumping, but it will do. Just need a second.

Looking forward to seeing Spurs v Liverpool this evening, can only see that going one way.

Craftsman
    Another armpit offside

Crazy

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

That'll do 👍

4 wins from safety then lose enough games to avoid the EL.