closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 19/20

I see Klopp is treating tonight's game like a League cup match, several first teamers rested. To be honest the Liverpool under 19s would probably beat us at present.

I'm almost hoping for 6-0 type result so that the board might smell the coffee and get rid of Silva.

^^^^ and it's on Prime too which is a bonus seeing as I'm a subscriber !

Master
    Watching the Every game, Every goal feed for the first halves.

I’d love to know who Dion Dublin’s agent is ... he’s on everything...

^ I wish he wasn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Crikey it’s only half time and it’s 4-2, good game! Ynwa

Bye, bye Marco. Half a billion pound spent, only bettered by Man City, United and Chelsea and we are heading straight for the Championship.

Liverpool seem to be playing like Brazil, they don't bother defending, they will just score more goals than you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Bye, bye Marco. Half a billion pound spent, only bettered by Man City, United and Chelsea and we are heading straight for the Championship.

Liverpool seem to be playing like Brazil, they don't bother defending, they will just score more goals than you.
    First time I’ve watched a live Everton match this season. Thought they were a lot better than the league position would suggest. Way better than the limp display from Burnley against Man City the night before.

I’m not sure that getting rid of Silva is going to be the solution - especially if they bring Moyes back in!!

Master
    Half a billion pound spent, only bettered by Man City, United and Chelsea ....
    And Liverpool, for what it's worth!

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    First time I’ve watched a live Everton match this season. Thought they were a lot better than the league position would suggest. Way better than the limp display from Burnley against Man City the night before.

I’m not sure that getting rid of Silva is going to be the solution - especially if they bring Moyes back in!!
    i watched the game yesterday and it was a joy. Full on attack by both teams, played at 100 miles/hour some brilliant and woeful finishing (Mane for example), hopeless defending and the odd yellow card thrown in. Great entertainment (especially from Liverpool). No wonder the Prem is watched all over the world.

I agree that Everton were better than expected, but put it down to them trying a bit harder because of it being a local derby. As for Silva, personally I would keep him unless Everton can get someone better, but no one springs to mind. Certainly not the usual suspects. Perhaps they should give Wenger a ring. He might at least sort out their defence.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    That’s Silva gone.

Talk of Big Dunk taking temp charge until they can get their man. Eddie Howe might be a good shout, but in all seriousness none of the top guys like Simeone or Poch would come to a club like Everton.

Just avoid: Moyes, Sparky Hughes, Pardew, Big Sam.

Steve Bruce seems to be making his way through every team in the PL 😂

I would be happy to take Rafa in, but that's probably a step too far for many.

Master
    Talk of Simeone getting the boot from Atletico (and Poch waiting in the wings). If they don’t start winning again in the next couple of matches the club won’t wait until the summer. It would be fun to see him managing in England (or would it?!)

Not sure whether Everton or Arsenal would be the better choice at the moment for such a manager. Do they both have buckets more cash to throw into the mix?

Talk of Simeone getting the boot from Atletico (and Poch waiting in the wings). If they don’t start winning again in the next couple of matches the club won’t wait until the summer. It would be fun to see him managing in England (or would it?!)

Not sure whether Everton or Arsenal would be the better choice at the moment for such a manager. Do they both have buckets more cash to throw into the mix?
    Everton have plenty behind them but they would be hamstrung by FFP .
    The problem they have now is the horrible run of fixtures coming up. It won’t be an easy ride for the new man.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Everton have plenty behind them but they would be hamstrung by FFP .
    The problem they have now is the horrible run of fixtures coming up. It won’t be an easy ride for the new man.
    Expectations will be low and don't forget we have to go back to Anfield in the cup and play Leicester in the League Cup, so our season is effectively over - it's all about staying up now which is incredibly sad.

Six months to save ourselves - no, I'm not saying it...

Expectations will be low and don't forget we have to go back to Anfield in the cup and play Leicester in the League Cup, so our season is effectively over - it's all about staying up now which is incredibly sad.

Six months to save ourselves - no, I'm not saying it...
    Like Spurs though, you aren’t a poor team . There are some very good players in the squad and you might just get the new manager bounce.
    There’s a good chance you’ll beat them in the FA Cup. Klopp will play a second string and you will be motivated after last night, where a few refereeing decisions were somewhat debatable .

Everton will have to be realistic in the search for a new manager. The Simeone and Allegri links are never going to happen. Everton is not an attractive proposition for a top manager; dump of a ground in a dump of an area, unable to attract top players even with cash to flash and the new ground has taken a decade of promises so far without a brick being laid.

I can see Sean Dyche getting the job and that feels about right.

#ljungbergout

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Aw diddums. Did the nasty man put the ball in the net when your defenders stopped after the silly old linesman got it wrong? Wouldn't be whinging if the boot was on the other foot. (pun intended) Get them out on the training pitch, "how to play to the whistle". PMSL
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Perhaps they should give Wenger a ring. He might at least sort out their defence.
    I’m a lifelong gooner and a big (but realistic) Wenger fan.

I think you are a bit off track on that one.

I was hoping Freddie was going to put himself on last night rather than Pepe.

I've had nothing but respect for Chris Wilder this season but his halo is slightly tarnished today following his reaction.

All credit to Shelvey for doing exactly what he should have done. It isn't our fault the SU players all stopped. That's the kind of scenario that VAR is for.

I must say that I thought our performance was pretty much perfect for an away team against a side high in confidence. Every single player did his job perfectly and you can't ask for more than that. Fernandez and Clarke were beasts but also Carroll, ASM and Almiron put in massive shifts. It's so difficult to keep shape and discipline like that for a whole game, never mind also scoring two goals. Steve Bruce is certainly doing a very decent job.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Aw diddums. Did the nasty man put the ball in the net when your defenders stopped after the silly old linesman got it wrong? Wouldn't be whinging if the boot was on the other foot. (pun intended) Get them out on the training pitch, "how to play to the whistle". PMSL

The commentators even said under 12 kids are told to play to the whistle. His team cocked up - end of. No point moaning about it later.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Everton will have to be realistic in the search for a new manager. The Simeone and Allegri links are never going to happen. Everton is not an attractive proposition for a top manager; dump of a ground in a dump of an area, unable to attract top players even with cash to flash and the new ground has taken a decade of promises so far without a brick being laid.

I can see Sean Dyche getting the job and that feels about right.
    Totally agree. Even ex-players are saying it's a 3-4 year project just to get us back close to the top 6. Being brutal why would Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche go there, they are currently at better clubs.

It was like when they asked Brendon Rodgers if he was going to Arsenal - why the hell would he.

Strong rumours that they're after a Portugese fella. He won two titles in Portugal with a squad he inherited from AVB in 2010 and has pretty much floated around Turkey, Greece and China since. Why on earth would the club think he's the right appointment?

I agree about Howe and Dyche and actually I heard 'Arry on Talk Sport today so there's no way Howe would leave Bournemouth for Everton.

Totally agree. Even ex-players are saying it's a 3-4 year project just to get us back close to the top 6. Being brutal why would Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche go there, they are currently at better clubs.

It was like when they asked Brendon Rodgers if he was going to Arsenal - why the hell would he.

Yes, they should have played on but is this not another example of ineptitude by pIGMOL ?
    Weren’t the assistants instructed to allow tight calls and VAR would sort out the mess ?

Yes and yes, but regardless they should have played on. Wilder has been around the game long enough to know that which is why his reaction is so poor.

Yes, they should have played on but is this not another example of ineptitude by pIGMOL ?
    Weren’t the assistants instructed to allow tight calls and VAR would sort out the mess ?

Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    I’ll start it with a traditional LCFC remark....

Leicester 730:1 to win the league on Betfair

You heard it here first!

Season over

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Just cashed out

Not confident about the game away to Villa.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I have given this some thought and decided that Everton should give the job to Big Dunc and his backroom staff of ex-Everton boys.

Why bring in another Johnny Foreigner when Big Dunc does at least know his history...

Chelsea gave Frank the job, little managerial experience, but a club legend. Man Utd have also done the same and everyone knows Stevie G will be the next Liverpool manager when Klopps days are done.

You heard it here from a Blue - give the job to Big Dunc on a permanent basis until the end of the season with the option to offer a longer term deal if things go okay.

Well knock me down with a rolled up copy of Exchange and Mart - Big Dunc - what a man 👍

Master
    Definitely did not see that coming

Blog Entries
    Well knock me down with a rolled up copy of Exchange and Mart - Big Dunc - what a man 
    Great reaction from Everton and big questions for my team who are playing above their weight
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Could be a dead cat bounce that fades away a la OGS (although I might just change my mind depending on what happens a little later).

Craftsman
    That cat still seems a bit rubbery...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Well knock me down with a rolled up copy of Exchange and Mart - Big Dunc - what a man
    30% possession and 13 shots? How does that work?

Man U, Leicester and Arsenal before Christmas - if they come through those with some results the board will be begging him to sign a contract.

30% possession and 13 shots? How does that work?

Man U, Leicester and Arsenal before Christmas - if they come through those with some results the board will be begging him to sign a contract.
    Dunc's reactions were everything the Everton fans want, running up and down the line, hugging ball boys, doing a Klopp fist pump to the fans at the end. Marco always looked like a sulky school boy who had just had a telling off.

Passion and whipping up the fans - love it and that only comes from someone who knows the club.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Definitely did not see that coming
    Or that. Woooo!

Great Manchester derby result!

Noisy neighbours

Dunc's reactions were everything the Everton fans want, running up and down the line, hugging ball boys, doing a Klopp fist pump to the fans at the end. Marco always looked like a sulky school boy who had just had a telling off.

Passion and whipping up the fans - love it and that only comes from someone who knows the club.
    Saw the game and while the players definitely played like they had an enormous weight lifted off their shoulders Chelsea were all over them like a Primark suit. Any other day and Chelsea would have been out of sight. If he is offered the job its a disaster waiting to happen.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The liver birds are singing tonight ;)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Come on Villa....

Great result for Everton, but seriously how long can Drunken Ferguson keep it up.

As for the title it now looks as if it's between LCFC and LFC

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Great Manchester derby result!

Noisy neighbours
    A good week, a very good and unexpected week.

Strikers and counter attacks were great. An anxious end as United flagged and switched to defence mode.

The first 30 minutes were sweet. Okay United got the goals, but City at times were terrific.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Saw the game and while the players definitely played like they had an enormous weight lifted off their shoulders Chelsea were all over them like a Primark suit. Any other day and Chelsea would have been out of sight. If he is offered the job its a disaster waiting to happen.
    CFC supporter who also watched the game and in truth we were poor lacking energy,a GK who is IMO lightweight and plays out from the back to much,Zouma and Christensen are both not good enough and now the ban is lifted i can see a few updates and Frank is starting to look like Sarri
    As to big Dunc what have you toffees got to lose at this moment?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Spurs looked very good today, albeit against poor opposition. Playing all of Kane, Dele, Son and Moura together is giving us a pretty potent strike force.

Sonny’s goal alone is worth watching MOTD for - I can’t see anyone else bettering it for goal of the season

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    A good week, a very good and unexpected week.

Strikers and counter attacks were great. An anxious end as United flagged and switched to defence mode.

The first 30 minutes were sweet. Okay United got the goals, but City at times were terrific.

No complaints
    Utd could’ve been out of sight in the first half .

Master
    No complaints
    Any comment on the city fans throwing bottles and coins onto the pitch or the monkey chants ?

No complaints
    City have been stuttering this season. The odd glimpses of magic but not hitting anywhere near heights of last couple of seasons. You wonder how much Kompany’s absence in the dressing room has had an impact. Utd could have been 3 or 4 up at half time and they deserved their win.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Pep goes into the January window for at least one defender.

Master
    No complaints
    Any comment on the city fans throwing bottles and coins on the pitch or the monkey chants ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Any comment on the city fans throwing bottles and coins onto the pitch or the monkey chants ?
    Straight to camera, bang to rights, they’ll be collared and rightly so.

Master
    Twats in every club

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Straight to camera, bang to rights, they’ll be collared and rightly so.

Already outed apparently.
    I was up above it to the right but couldn’t see at first . Then I saw Fred get hit by something . There was a hullabaloo , City fans around the goons were pointing them out .
    Fair play to Lingard and Fred for their response . City players were over trying to calm it down . No defence for that action .
    Banned for life at a minimum and hopefully jail time too .
    Is that OK Ivan ?