closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,500 of 1741

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Liverpool have been poor since the winter break,not sure why he didn’t play Henderson,probably playing him against Chelsea .
    I was worried when I saw lovren on the team sheet,we struggled to beat them at home,it was only because sarr had a shocker in front of goal,the thing is over teams are treating playing Liverpool like a cup final,and I think Liverpool have thought they can just turn up in some games.
    I hope that was a big wake up call and they get back too it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Henderson still out for another couple of weeks with a hamstring injury.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Saudi ?
    Doesn’t that just show how much you actually register ?
    It’s like saying your lot are from Canada .
    Yes, your owners cheated on Baseball, caught red handed .

Now, go back and have another look at what I said . It’s nothing to do with Kirkby . It was to do with ‘consultancy fees’ for your loonball idea to build a new stadium .

Saudis .

Respect to the Goat for engaging with this idiot for so long.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Respect to the Goat for engaging with this idiot for so long.

Ha, we have another crazed City fan it seems.

Let me guess ;

City didnt breach FFP,

VAR was implemented as a conspiracy to stop City winning the league

People within the FA want Liverpool to win the league

you dont go the game anymore because VAR has killed football

Liverpool fans are always victims and breach FFP even though they were cleared

You will ignore all the info above.

Great times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Ha, we have another crazed City fan it seems.

Let me guess ;

City didnt breach FFP,

VAR was implemented as a conspiracy to stop City winning the league

People within the FA want Liverpool to win the league

you dont go the game anymore because VAR has killed football

Liverpool fans are always victims and breach FFP even though they were cleared

You will ignore all the info above.

Great times.

Liverpool fans breach FFP ?
    Well done .
    Your French owners must be so proud .
    # Thismeansmore

Blog Entries
    Super performance tonight by the blues
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Super performance tonight by the blues
    I went to the game last night The first goal was a gift from a defensive error, then quickly followed by keeper error. Can't really argue about the second goal though and Kepa put in a great shift.

Personally I think Klopp should have played a full strength team.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I went to the game last night The first goal was a gift from a defensive error, then quickly followed by keeper error. Can't really argue about the second goal though and Kepa put in a great shift.

Personally I think Klopp should have played a full strength team.
    Giroud was immense last night - gave Van Dijk a torrid time all game.

If Villa keep up the form they showed in the Carabao Cup final I can genuinely see them finishing in the top 4 next season. Even with tough away games at Peterborough and Hull City.

Liverpool are 25 pts ahead of City, and have played 29 games. City have only played 27 games, but will catch up by playing United today, and Arsenal on Wednesday.

If City don't get at least 4 pts, the gap with 9 games to play will be 22+ pts, in which case Liverpool could win the title by winning their next two matches: Everton (A), Palace (H)

Liverpool's next fixture after those two is Sun 5 Apr: Man City (A)

Brief version: if City lose at Old Trafford today, Liverpool could arrive on 5 April already champions.

Which would be good for Liverpool, but a bit dull for the rest of us.

What a dull and predictable performance from the toffees. I ended up turning the sound off and rang a few Rolex ADs to see if any could get me a Milgauss.

Master
    Predictable? I thought you'd been playing well recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Predictable? I thought you'd been playing well recently?
    Last few games have been aweful. Last week against United springs to mind. We have the derby coming up, no doubt another thumping from the Reds.

Master
    I've only seen the United game but thought you were decent in that

They were unlucky against us at the Emirates.

Looks like Ole's back behind the wheel.

2-0

Getinn!!!

Are United back? They might be!

Hard fought win for United today.

Fernandez has definitely lifted the other players.

Not sure James is the finished article and that looks a position they need to strengthen in the summer.

Fred was excellent and full of running until the final whistle. He has turned his early bad form around.

Top 4 race is still on.

Perfectly executed game plan by Utd today although worst City performance of the season.

Master
    Think 2-0 flattered United a bit but good value for the 3 points I feel.

Blog Entries
    Feel good at the Bridge this weekand a great result today against an Everton side that looked to be getting up some speed was hoping for more from City who seem to have come of the boil recently but the mighty Aston Villa will of course sort out the Foxes tomorrow to gee up top four or could that be top five place?

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Looks like Ole's back behind the wheel.

2-0

Getinn!!!

Are United back? They might be!
    I do remember years back when an unexpected Derby result was all we had to look forward to .
    This has turned 180 degrees . United were woeful today , a counterattacking team on their own patch .
    But, we were worse.
    Pep should take responsibility for his team . Sterling and Foden were invisible, Aguero was poor .
    A game that had little consequence for us but you never want to lose to your local rivals from London .

Man Utd are the pride of Singapore tonight

Master
    Nearly as salty as Pep in the post match interview

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Nearly as salty as Pep in the post match interview
    But unlike the Spuds manager he kept any criticism of any individual player/s behind closed doors.

Master
    Can't stand that about Mourinho.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    . Sterling and Foden were invisible
    I felt sorry for Foden - he held to his role - but no-one passed to him when he held the touchline.
    They played infield almost every time.
    He got more of the ball after the substitutions - but it was a bit late by then.

Sterling was off the pace today - as was Sergio... & Ederson ...

...Bad day at the office

z

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I felt sorry for Foden - he held to his role - but no-one passed to him when he held the touchline.
    They played infield almost every time.
    He got more of the ball after the substitutions - but it was a bit late by then.

Sterling was off the pace today - as was Sergio... & Ederson ...

...Bad day at the office

z
    The whole footballing world should bow down to Pep and what he has brought to the PL .
    But, the bloke is not infallible.
    Bad decisions all round today.

Interesting.
    Null and void or give the title to Liverpool ?
    How do you fix relegation/promotions etc ?
    In the greater scheme of things, it wouldn’t really bother me , but it’d be good to hear views .

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting.
    Null and void or give the title to Liverpool ?
    How do you fix relegation/promotions etc ?
    In the greater scheme of things, it wouldn’t really bother me , but it’d be good to hear views .

In the grand scheme of things football is nothing, we need to look after everyone’s health first and foremost....

BUT - why should Liverpool get a gimmee? Yes they are 20 odd point ahead but they have lost 4 of the last 5 games, it’s by no means over, and what about the bottom 3? Are they just demoted? What about Leeds in the Championship?

The fairest thing is to write this season off and forget it happened, not ideal by any means for Liverpool fans and I would feel for them, but there is so much more than just them to think of here.

- - - Updated - - -

In the grand scheme of things football is nothing, we need to look after everyone’s health first and foremost....

BUT - why should Liverpool get a gimmee? Yes they are 20 odd point ahead but they have lost 4 of the last 5 games, it’s by no means over, and what about the bottom 3? Are they just demoted? What about Leeds in the Championship?

The fairest thing is to write this season off and forget it happened, not ideal by any means for Liverpool fans and I would feel for them, but there is so much more than just them to think of here.

Money talks and I can see Euro 2020 being put back to next year with the opportunity to complete the various leagues.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Money talks and I can see Euro 2020 being put back to next year with the opportunity to complete the various leagues.
    The only real solution

The only real solution
    Probably.
    Its not really going to affect those at the top of the premier league, certainly not financially.
    But for those getting promoted potentially? Or relegated from the prem? Possibly why Brady coming out spouting the league being cancelled. Gets West Ham out of a potential hole.

Then theres the issue of who plays in Europe next season? Does that mean all leagues are cancelled in unison? Any bets refunded by bookmakers as surely they must also be void?

As stated, not overly important in the grand scheme of things with the health issues worldwide. So this thread could also be cancelled, null and void...

Master
    If this scenario carries on for at least another 6 weeks and there are no Premiership games till May, I can’t see there is realistically enough time to complete all fixtures in all divisions yet alone European matches and FA cup. You need a close season where all teams promoted and relegated can regroup buy/sale etc and it all kicks off again in August, I can see 2019/20 being a complete null & void not only for football but many other sports as well.

Why can’t the remainder of the games be played behind closed doors.

Master
    Because it’s the teams/managers/coaches that are now being confirmed with the covid19 virus,
    and you can’t expect clubs to be asked to play without possible key players not available thru isolation or illness.

Liverpool have been the best team this season no doubt and this is coming from a Man U fan, its a shame MC couldn't have kept it closer to really put doubt in their league title, I think they will be given the league as I cant see another prem game being played this season.

For LP though it must feel like a soft/half title if they win/given it this way, its 6 games short without a winning goal/game and fans cant celebrate it at Anfield or have a bus tour, they have waited so long for a prem title and to get it like this is just weird, I'm sure the fans will be ribbed for it until they win it over 38 games like every other hard earned league title.

Premier League 19/20

Postpone the Euro’s, once this problem blows over then finish the season. Then next season just play the teams once (do a draw to see who plays home and away), play all the domestic cups and then re-boot properly in the 2021/22 season...

p.s it’s interesting to see Karen Brady saying the league should be finished, is that because West Ham are in a sticky situation, wonder if she would say this if she was in Liverpool’s situation...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    p.s it’s interesting to see Karen Brady saying the league should be finished, is that because West Ham are in a sticky situation, wonder if she would say this if she was in Liverpool’s situation...
    Finishing the season could potentially see WHUFC relegated & Liverpool crowned as Champions -. so not sure why do you think Karen Brady is tilting things in her favour??

Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    Finishing the season could potentially see WHUFC relegated & Liverpool crowned as Champions -. so not sure why do you think Karen Brady is tilting things in her favour??
    I know exactly why she’s saying it and that was the point I was making as well, but for me the league has to be finished at some point then next season take it from there, whenever that is...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Liverpool have been the best team this season no doubt and this is coming from a Man U fan, its a shame MC couldn't have kept it closer to really put doubt in their league title, I think they will be given the league as I cant see another prem game being played this season.

For LP though it must feel like a soft/half title if they win/given it this way, its 6 games short without a winning goal/game and fans cant celebrate it at Anfield or have a bus tour, they have waited so long for a prem title and to get it like this is just weird, I'm sure the fans will be ribbed for it until they win it over 38 games like every other hard earned league title.
    As a Liverpool fan, I don't want to win it this way. We can easy get the points needed if we are allowed to play.

they just need to not play for the next month. After a month they will know who is infected and who is not and then play the rest of the games in empty stadiums. There is only 9 PL games left these can easily be played in a short period of time. Cancel the Euros and finish the season a little later. It is only March still have lots of time left.

As a Liverpool fan, I don't want to win it this way. We can easy get the points needed if we are allowed to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    they just need to not play for the next month. After a month they will know who is infected and who is not and then play the rest of the games in empty stadiums. There is only 9 PL games left these can easily be played in a short period of time. Cancel the Euros and finish the season a little later. It is only March still have lots of time left.
    I cant see another game being played this season, regardless if the players are okay and empty stadia it will be frowned upon to be playing football while the rest of the country is in lock down, people dying and markets crashing, its only a game as they say..

Master
    As a Utd fan Id love them to void the season and drag out another year of banter with the scousers but I just don't see that happening as if you void the season there will be uproar and no doubt liable cases taken against the prem league and the ££££££ involved is astronomical regards promotion/relegation especially in the lower leagues and so I would have thought they'll get it completed behind closed doors BUT that in itself has a massive effect on lower league football as clubs rely on gate receipts its a real tough situation.

They reckon it would take 6 weeks to complete the domestic season once play resumes. Clearly finishing the season is the only way to go. It's not just about Liverpool winning, so many promotion and relegation issues to be sorted with huge amounts of money at stake all round. Sod the Euros in the summer and even delay the start of next season if needs be, but they must finish this season first.

I also want a refund from Virgin due to no footie on the tele

It would be totally unjust to void the season especially with so few games remaining. I very much doubt LFC et el, will be happy winning the championship in that manner, but 25 point clear with 9 games remaining. Seriously!

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    I know exactly why she’s saying it and that was the point I was making as well, but for me the league has to be finished at some point then next season take it from there, whenever that is...

So you & Karen Brady want the season to be finished then?
    I agree, as there appears no other way to conclude things without repercussions.
    Deal with any hangover next season, when adjustments can be decided on at the start of the season & not during this one.

Journeyman
    Finishing the season would clearly be preferable, but when does it get done? I can't see any matches happening soon - over 70s are in quarantine for three months!

Then, legally the season ends at the end of June, so contracts finish, etc.

It's a real quandary.

I'll be interested to see how the FA and PL resolve it.

Sure, Liverpool would probably win the league but there are league positions and money to play for let alone the importance of promotion/relegation.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Euro 2020 now moved to 2021 suggests to me that they will be completing the season as in deed they should but expect it will be behind closed doors

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Euro 2020 now moved to 2021 suggests to me that they will be completing the season as in deed they should but expect it will be behind closed doors
    Makes sense.
    Cheers,
    Neil.