closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 1741

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    City are probably the only club in the world that dont need to sell ?

Barca arguably havent need him with having Suarez the last few seasons and Real have had Benzema.

Dont think there is anything sinister goin on with regards to Aguero staying.
    City not needing to sell is irrelevant (though of course you're correct)

I just find it hard to believe he's stayed at City for this long, with not a whisper of his head being turned in all those years.

I'd be asking the same question if he was at any other PL team incidentally.

We didn’t overspend hence why we were cleared.

The losses you are talking about relate to the training ground move and investment in the Kirkby site. These costs can be offset, hence why we were cleared.

You just sponsored your own training ground for 350 million quid you cheats.
    Go back and look again
    Where is your Kirkby site? Is this the one where the consultancy fees were £50 million .
    Funny that you call us cheats when your parent group are renowned for it in MLB .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    City not needing to sell is irrelevant (though of course you're correct)

I just find it hard to believe he's stayed at City for this long, with not a whisper of his head being turned in all those years.

I'd be asking the same question if he was at any other PL team incidentally.
    Isnt he rather injury prone??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Go back and look again
    Where is your Kirkby site? Is this the one where the consultancy fees were £50 million .
    Funny that you call us cheats when your parent group are renowned for it in MLB .
    Renowned in MLB ?

What’s that got to do with the football ? It’s like me saying your boys chop peopleS hands off and rape women in Saudi you loon.

Liverpool upgraded the training ground at Kirkby and spent money on the stadium upgrades.

They are all allowable expenses under FFP. Hence why we cleared.

For the record I think FFP is a joke and should be removed but as it exists city are cheats.

Renowned in MLB ?

What’s that got to do with the football ? It’s like me saying your boys chop peopleS hands off and rape women in Saudi you loon.

Liverpool upgraded the training ground at Kirkby and spent money on the stadium upgrades.

They are all allowable expenses under FFP. Hence why we cleared.

For the record I think FFP is a joke and should be removed but as it exists city are cheats.
    Saudi ?
    Doesn’t that just show how much you actually register ?
    It’s like saying your lot are from Canada .
    Yes, your owners cheated on Baseball, caught red handed .

Now, go back and have another look at what I said . It’s nothing to do with Kirkby . It was to do with ‘consultancy fees’ for your loonball idea to build a new stadium .

Saudis 😂😂😂😂.

Master
    Saudi ?

Now, go back and have another look at what I said . It’s nothing to do with Kirkby . It was to do with ‘consultancy fees’ for your loonball idea to build a new stadium .

Saudis 😂😂😂😂.
    All the same place to me champ, oil boys.

Our loses in those seasons were nothing to do with transfers - we spent net 30mil in those two seasons in question.

The losses came from the legacy of the yanks Stanley park development disaster, the new main stand, Anfield Road end and the Kirkby works on the training ground.

All genuine costs !

City just sponsored their own club with their own money under the guise of umbrella companies all owned by your own oil boy.

You don’t generate any money, you have a terrible global market and you have to advertise to sell tickets for you games on the radio.

It’s bizarre having a convo with you, you can’t actually accept facts and just double down on what you ‘think’ and regard that as fact.

Under the current rules Liverpool were investigated and CLEARED.

Under the current rules City were investigated and found GUILTY.

So far this season you’ve accused ;

The FA of apparently being against city.

A panel of VAR analysts are against city.

Uefa against city.

Anyone else ?

Master
    Saudi ?

Saudis 😂😂😂😂.
    All the same place to me champ, oil boys.

Our loses in those seasons were nothing to do with transfers - we spent net 30mil in those two seasons in question.

The losses came from the legacy of the yanks Stanley park development disaster, the new main stand, Anfield Road end and the Kirkby works on the training ground.

All genuine costs !

City just sponsored their own club with their own money under the guise of umbrella companies all owned by your own oil boy.

You don’t generate any money, you have a terrible global market and you have to advertise to sell tickets for you games on the radio.

It’s bizarre having a convo with you, you can’t actually accept facts and just double down on what you ‘think’ and regard that as fact.

Under the current rules Liverpool were investigated and CLEARED.

Under the current rules City were investigated and found GUILTY.

So far this season you’ve accused ;

The FA of apparently being against city.

A panel of VAR analysts are against city.

Uefa against city.

Anyone else ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Well that’s some pressure off Liverpool, qualification for the champions league all tied up.

Left Stamford Bridge early last night. Not the result but because of the way VAR has taken the game away from me!
    It doesn’t matter if your team wins or not, the sheer emotion and joy you feel when your team score, the camaraderie and love as you, your mates and complete strangers jump up in unison as the ball hits the back of the net! It’s been stolen because, sit down, you’ll have to wait for someone in an office miles away decides whether it’s a goal or not... 30-45 seconds later, yes it’s a goal. The moment has gone. Football has gone.

Sorry but I’m actually more ****** off than I should be even if we lost to the worst Utd team I’ve seen in years!

RIP football.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Left Stamford Bridge early last night. Not the result but because of the way VAR has taken the game away from me!
    It doesn’t matter if your team wins or not, the sheer emotion and joy you feel when your team score, the camaraderie and love as you, your mates and complete strangers jump up in unison as the ball hits the back of the net! It’s been stolen because, sit down, you’ll have to wait for someone in an office miles away decides whether it’s a goal or not... 30-45 seconds later, yes it’s a goal. The moment has gone. Football has gone.

Sorry but I’m actually more ****** off than I should be even if we lost to the worst Utd team I’ve seen in years!

RIP football.
    Feel exactly the same - didn't get to Stamford Bridge last night, but switched off Sky when VAR was called on Giroud's goal!

It is no understatement to say that VAR is killing the game, the excitement has gone for me & is even worse when you are actually in the stadium.

Half way through last night's game I was thinking if I should be cancelling Sky & not bothering to get to any games.

Have been at Stamford Bridge when Chelsea were actually on the right side of 2 VAR decisions & it still spoiled the game for me - so not just my blue tinted spectacles causing such displeasure!!
    Last edited by ENES; 18th February 2020 at 10:59.

When West Ham scored their first against Brighton the other week I (and many other around me) didn’t even celebrate. There was no flag but Diop looked fractionally offside. We’ve already been conditioned to assume that it would be chalked off and in that case it actually wasn’t.

I think I’ve mentioned it before but do read John Nicholson’s book ‘Can we have our Football Back’. His view is that the Premiership don’t give a monkey’s about the fans in the stadium - it’s all about the TV revenue. His proposal of getting as many people as possible to cancel their Sky and BT Sport subscriptions, just for a month or two, to send them a message certainly has merit.

RIP football.
    I make you right.

VAR has ruined the game.

No more talking points, the spontaneity that made football different has gone.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I make you right.

VAR has ruined the game.

No more talking points, the spontaneity that made football different has gone.
    Problem is as society we go as fast as our slowest members and if you recall referees were getting death threats and their families targeted for controversial decisions. By using technology to take a black and white approach the blame is taken away from the ref. I'd love to have decisions made by the ref and that spontaneity and talking point comes back but sadly the minority of f**kwits ruins it for us all

Master
    I’ve started to like VAR over the last few weeks. There, I said it.

What I don’t like are the stupid handball rules, armpit offsides and the seeming lack of authority of the on-pitch ref. Doesn’t anyone high up in football watch rugby?

Oh, and what’s the point of a lines-person if they’re not supposed to flag for offside any more?

Well trampled ground I know - I’m sure changes will come in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    When it comes to offsides, I think the VAR controversy is more likely caused by the actual LAW no longer being fit for purpose. When something like offside is an objective decision (like armpits being offside, for example), then VAR is correctly identifying offsides, but the spirit of the law (ie stop goalhanging) and the ‘bigger picture’ of entertaining the fans are being lost.

My personal preference would be for the law to be changed so that there needs to be daylight between the defender and the attacker in order for an offside to be given.
    It is time to reveal my true identity!

(At least I think this is his proposal)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post

Oh, and what’s the point of a lines-person if they’re not supposed to flag for offside any more?
    They are supposed to flag - but only when the player in the offside position becomes active / touches the ball, as they are not deemed offside until this happens.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    They are supposed to flag - but only when the player in the offside position becomes active / touches the ball, as they are not deemed offside until this happens.
    That’s so last year.

My understanding is that the flag isn’t now raised until the attack ends or the ball goes out of play, allowing the use of VAR after the fact. “Late” flags are definitely a recent addition.

The premier league guidance suggests 2 options depending on the level of certainty, but I can only assume this level is typically low:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1297403

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    That’s so last year.

My understanding is that the flag isn’t now raised until the attack ends or the ball goes out of play, allowing the use of VAR after the fact. “Late” flags are definitely a recent addition.

The premier league guidance suggests 2 options depending on the level of certainty, but I can only assume this level is typically low:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1297403
    They don't go to VAR on obvious offside decisions & the linesman will flag as I've stated.
    Maybe if the linesman bottles it & relies on VAR to do his job for him, then it works as you stated.

I probably watch the majority of my football on a Sunday morning & the dads running (standing) the line have no idea when to flag & even when they do, very few refs look over & spot the flag!

It's not a var, or an offside rule problem. It's an English problem, they're implementing var checks far too stringently. The uefa perspective is far better, and shows some common sense

“In our guidelines, when the VAR sees a clear image that proves the player is offside, intervene,” UEFA chief refereeing officer Roberto Rosetti told the The Mail on Sunday last year. “If it is too difficult to determine the offside position, it cannot intervene. We would prefer no intervention if not clear offside.”

No fan of Liverpool but got to admire Klopp.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-no...-west-51580401

He lives in same village as my mum and sister and he did a thing for Liverpool TV at my step fathers bowling club, stayed over and above what he was supposed to. Those who’ve met him in the village say he’s a top bloke

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by sevvy; 21st February 2020 at 21:41.

Master
    Sterling the first to jump ship? Hala Madrid!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    No fan of Liverpool but got to admire Klopp.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-no...-west-51580401
    Does the Athletico result show the true state of English soccer?

Got to wonder when the magnificent Foxes remain third by a mile.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    VAR (or the implementation of it) just got even more ridiculous.....
    No point reviewing decisions at Stockley Park if they can't see an obvious red card like the Le Celso foul - ludicrous!

Should have been celebrating with my mates after the game against Jose & his Spuds but once again all the talk in the pub after is about VAR.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Should have been celebrating with my mates after the game against Jose & his Spuds but once again all the talk in the pub after is about VAR.

Super result always great to win and win a derby but even sweeter for me when the opposing manager is Mourinho but as has been said another quite ludicrous decision by VAR which they said was wrong post match and when will a Ref look at the pitch side monitor?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Another joke of a decision .
    Along with Maguire s last time out , they are making a mockery of the game and have no problem doing it either.

Grand Master
    Just watching the Burnley v Bournemouth replay, can't believe VAR has overruled the goal and then given a penalty at the other end, basically a decision made outside the stadium made the game go from 1-1 to 2-0 and game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    Just watching the Burnley v Bournemouth replay, can't believe VAR has overruled the goal and then given a penalty at the other end, basically a decision made outside the stadium made the game go from 1-1 to 2-0 and game over.
    Watched that two or three times .
    It still looked like it hit the top of his shoulder .

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post

Shocking decisions over over and over again.

I like Ian Wrights comment on VAR - "it doesn't make people happy".

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I think it's getting to the stage where the FA must be wondering if PGMOL are fulfilling the service they're contracted to provide.
    ______

​Jim.

I watched MOTD just to see the VAR decisions in question as well as watching the City Leicester game.

The stamp by Lo Celso was terrible, looks worse with every viewing. The Bournemouth goal then no goal then goal for Burnley was farcical. Very harsh to award a penalty.

On the City game no doubt about City's penalty but Leicester were unlucky not to get a least one penalty themselves, the De Bruyne one especially.

VAR is destroying the enjoyment of the game. Ultimately VAR is presided over by humans and in the control of one the worst referees we've had, Mike Riley. You would seriously hope there will be a rank and file review of VAR after this weekend but I'm not holding my breath.

City doing well in the Champions League this evening, I can see them winning it. No team has a bigger point to prove, and I'm sure no manager wants it more than Pep.

If it happens there will be some role reversal from City and Liverpool fans. Last season City fans kept banging on about wanting to win the PL more than the CL while Liverpool fans claimed winning the CL was a greater achievement - what will the fans be saying at the end of this season?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    City doing well in the Champions League this evening, I can see them winning it. No team has a bigger point to prove, and I'm sure no manager wants it more than Pep.

If it happens there will be some role reversal from City and Liverpool fans. Last season City fans kept banging on about wanting to win the PL more than the CL while Liverpool fans claimed winning the CL was a greater achievement - what will the fans be saying at the end of this season?
    We want both :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    City won’t win the CL.

Quote Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    City won’t win the CL.
    I've not seen a better side in the CL this year and I actually fancy Atletico to go through vs Liverpool.

Master
    Kiss of death from Ryan

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I've not seen a better side in the CL this year and I actually fancy Atletico to go through vs Liverpool.

That is not going to happen.

Still too many good teams left and one great result away means nothing.
    Still, to see the look on the faces of UEFA officials should City win CL would be priceless

Blog Entries
    Not a Watford nor Norwich fan but congrats to both most especially Watford superb and well deserved.

Atletico are going to spank Liverpool if they play like that (prob moot as by then the game will fall to the Coronavirus). Well done Watford and of course Arsenal remain as the only Invincibles!

Does it work like boxing? Are we the new World Champions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Not a Watford nor Norwich fan but congrats to both most especially Watford superb and well deserved.
    Anyone know what odds a 3-0 Watford win was before KO? Must have been at least 100/1

Master
    All we can pray for now is a collapse like nothing seen before in the history of sport.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    All we can pray for now is a collapse like nothing seen before in the history of sport.
    From your mouth to “ Gods ears” but LFC will win the EPL. and deservedly so they have been head and shoulders above the rest as to anything else? CL i doubt it FA cup only if they overcome my team the mighty Chelsea
    Last edited by mart broad; 1st March 2020 at 10:28.

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 19/20

Liverpool have not played well for few games now. I hope they have a kick up the arse for the next game at Stamford bridge. Chelsea are also having a shocker.

As for them imploding, we only need 12 points from remaining games. They should easily do that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Liverpool have not played well for few games now.
    Agree with that. I actually think Liverpool played better last season, so many teams in transition this year that it reminds me of the year Leicester won and a big points gap makes it easy to gloss over quite a few of the actual performances.

Time for Trent to work on the defensive side of his game. Sensational going forwards and delivery but he was an absolute liability yesterday without Henderson giving him cover.

Love to see someone like Grealish there that can pick up the ball deep and run with it, linking play. Fast slick passing is fine to a point, but amazing how much you missed Henderson and showed up the broader limitations of the midfield when Trent and Robertson don't get on the ball. Klopp has to add to the midfield.

Well played Watford, fabulous performance and turnaround from Pearson.

Liverpool have been poor since the winter break,not sure why he didn’t play Henderson,probably playing him against Chelsea .
    I was worried when I saw lovren on the team sheet,we struggled to beat them at home,it was only because sarr had a shocker in front of goal,the thing is over teams are treating playing Liverpool like a cup final,and I think Liverpool have thought they can just turn up in some games.
    I hope that was a big wake up call and they get back too it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Well done to both sides, although it messed up my FF a bit!

In other news, West Ham's 3-1 win over Southampton gets them out of the bottom three.
    Cheers,
    Neil.