closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Results 1,151 to 1,163 of 1163

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Benteke was fantastic at Villa... Since the start of the 2017-18 season he's played in 61 PL matches for Palace and scored four goals.

I don't think Spurs can afford Grealish, sorry Tel.
    Good grief, one goal every fifteen matches???

Grealish may as well get Audere est Facere tattooed on his arm now, Simon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post

God
    Thanks
    This is really cool .

Craftsman
    It's super tight at the bottom now isn't it.

Personally hope Bournemouth stay up, always liked their style of play.

Master
    There’s plenty of teams that could be relegated , I like Eddie Howe he’s done a marvellous job, of the bottom teams I want to see Watford stay up, good squad and given recent form would deserve it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Watford are giving it a good go - especially recently - i think they'll make it.

Would prefer Bournemouth don't go down - have a soft spot for them, although Eddie Howe seems to get alot of leeway with the press as he tries to play 'nice' football.

Norwich & Villa - I think are gone. I can't say I mind about losing either.

Master
    Great to hear Aguero getting the plaudits he deserves on the radio today. What a player!

Could grace any team in the world.

Craftsman
    Yep...pure class

Pepe Reina signing for Villa apparently on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Pepe Reina signing for Villa apparently on loan.
    He was at the match yesterday. Presumably wondering what the hell he'd agreed to.

I think Villa's main issues are:

1. having to buy in a load of players after most of the ones from the Championship went due to being either on loan (Tammy Abraham for example) or not good enough.

2. a complete lack of striker with PL experience. Wesley came in from Belgium, Kodjia had a couple of good seasons with Bristol and Villa in the Championship and Davis is an academy player. All currently injured. None of them good enough.

3. a manager who's never managed at this level. His team selections and tactics have sometimes been questionable and hoofing it to the striker or relying on Grealish coming up with something aren't terribly good starting points.

Losing Mings to injury really caused problems through December and having McGinn, Wesley and Heaton injured has caused a lot more right now. Fortunately I think the club was planning on brining in at least one more striker this window anyway.

I don't think it's all gloom and doom for Villa but I think they were a bit naive coming into this season, not helped by everyone realising they had money to spend and doubling the cost of everyone (apparently Brighton paid half of price Villa were given for Maupay). Plus against ManC it looked like no one gave a flying toss. I would imagine Villa will beat Brighton next week though, and the relegation zone merry-go-round will start spinning again.
    You can live in your car but you can't drive your house.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan1981 View Post
    Watford are giving it a good go - especially recently - i think they'll make it.

Would prefer Bournemouth don't go down - have a soft spot for them, although Eddie Howe seems to get alot of leeway with the press as he tries to play 'nice' football.

Norwich & Villa - I think are gone. I can't say I mind about losing either.
    Watford were looking out of it - and then they got Nigel Pearson.

Like two different teams.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Great to hear Aguero getting the plaudits he deserves on the radio today. What a player!

Could grace any team in the world.
    Yet only twice in PFA team of year. Looking at records after game on Sky yesterday his minutes per goal is streets ahead.
    The City board will have to be at the top of their game to replace Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho with replacements of similar quality.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Yet only twice in PFA team of year. Looking at records after game on Sky yesterday his minutes per goal is streets ahead.
    The City board will have to be at the top of their game to replace Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho with replacements of similar quality.
    To be fair City still haven't replaced Kompany and have suffered for it this season. Foden is not yet in the same class as Silva so there will be a gap there for a season or two. Happens with all sussessful teams, Ferguson's United, Chelsea etc. Unless you can bring in world players City are likely to drop to top four contenders rather than potential champions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    On the one hand, I like Villa so want them to stay up. On the other hand I’d quite like Spurs to sign Jack Grealish. Hmmm...
    Tony never figured you for a short shorts man
    Last edited by mart broad; 13th January 2020 at 17:38.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE