closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 493

Thread: Premier League 19/20

  1. #301
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,981
    Blog Entries
    1
    To put it another way , we only scored 3 in 72 minutes .
    Pep out 😡😡

  2. #302
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    To put it another way , we only scored 3 in 72 minutes .
    Pep out
    It was definitely a poor afternoon....... Should have been double figures!!!

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  3. #303
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    201
    Done wonders for my fantasy football team.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  4. #304
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,712
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    To put it another way , we only scored 3 in 72 minutes .
    Pep out
    Doesn't exactly shine the light of glory on Arsenal's 2-2 at Watford least weekend

  5. #305
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,328
    Blog Entries
    4
    Guys is it just me that is finding the PL even though we have just started the season a little “flat” last Monday’s offering was dreadful and tonight’s was equally as bad ?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  6. #306
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,328
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Doesn't exactly shine the light of glory on Arsenal's 2-2 at Watford least weekend
    But midweek against a strong side in Frankfurt it was a different energised Arsenal
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  7. #307
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,712
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    But midweek against a strong side in Frankfurt it was a different energised Arsenal
    Agreed. Consistency isn't our thing and I think we will miss out on top 4 again which will see Emery go. I like him but he has actually spent a few quid so no excuses

  8. #308
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Crosby
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Boring
    Believe it or not, Aguero and KDB were poor and Watford had two decent chances at 1-0 .
    Ultimately though, 15 wouldn’t have flattered us .
    ??? KDB poor. Have you been sniffing the tippex? Aguero was having an off day and should have scored at least three but KDB was on another planet. It was a privilege to be there and see a performance like that. Could have genuinely been 12 or 13. Even the press who are biased plantpots most of the time have scored him 10 out of 10 in some papers. Come on Chelsea later this afternoon. WHU doing ok that first half.....

  9. #309
    Ole - I reckon he's got until the end of October. It'll be a sad day.

  10. #310
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    380
    Come on you irons lol

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  11. #311
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    94
    My goodness that was brutal.

    Third to every ball in a two horse race.

    Fair play to West Ham


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  12. #312
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    23,849
    COYI!

    I was visiting a friend in hospital this afternoon so haven't seen any of the game but the result is enough!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  13. #313
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,712
    Commentators trying to stir up the VAR debate. The Chelsea 'goal' was offside, not by much but it was off and that is the point of VAR. It is binary. Either it is offside and not a goal or it is onside and is a goal. That's why the tech was brought in.

  14. #314
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Commentators trying to stir up the VAR debate. The Chelsea 'goal' was offside, not by much but it was off and that is the point of VAR. It is binary. Either it is offside and not a goal or it is onside and is a goal. That's why the tech was brought in.
    Agree with this. It's either on or off. You can't start saying 'yeah but it was just a bit off'

    In other news... arsenal are awful.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  15. #315
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1981 View Post
    Agree with this. It's either on or off. You can't start saying 'yeah but it was just a bit off'

    In other news... arsenal are awful.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Emery has to go. We are worse than under Wenger and he has had money to spend. I'd like to see them go for someone like Eddie Howe.

  16. #316
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Emery has to go. We are worse than under Wenger and he has had money to spend. I'd like to see them go for someone like Eddie Howe.
    We really are worse, there is no tactical direction and the players look like they haven't a clue how to play any formation. I'm pleased to see the youth players making a step up and a few of them could have a big future, but it feels like either Unai hasn't a clue how to get his message across or he hasn't a clue full stop...since beginning of the year he's gotten quite a few tactical decisions wrong, so I'm slowly losing patience altogether. Here's more controversy for you, but I'd like to see us try someone like Arteta...

  17. #317
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    380
    I can't believe what im reading from the gooonaz....... You have to give him time.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  18. #318
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,712
    Actually Mourinho is available, I'm firmly in the camp that thinks he's a great manager

  19. #319
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    I can't believe what im reading from the gooonaz....... You have to give him time.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_X View Post
    We really are worse, there is no tactical direction and the players look like they haven't a clue how to play any formation. I'm pleased to see the youth players making a step up and a few of them could have a big future, but it feels like either Unai hasn't a clue how to get his message across or he hasn't a clue full stop...since beginning of the year he's gotten quite a few tactical decisions wrong, so I'm slowly losing patience altogether. Here's more controversy for you, but I'd like to see us try someone like Arteta...
    He's had 14 months. That's long enough. Watford would have had 6 managers in the same timeframe

  20. #320
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    201
    Cracking goal from Kante.

    Liverpool took their foot off the pedal.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  21. #321
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    I can't believe what im reading from the gooonaz....... You have to give him time.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    It's not a matter of patience, but of progression...I've been one of the last who wanted Wenger out and will again be one of the last to call for a change of management, but it is thoroughly disappointing that 14 months into Unai's tenure we still don't have a comprehensive formation or game plan - the defence and midfield are no better than under Wenger and if it wasn't for Lacazete and Auba (who are Wenger signings, let's not forget) the last year would have even less than a glimmer of hope.

  22. #322
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,712
    Although Arsenal with 10 men have turned around a deficit to lead 3-2. The man Emery is a genius! ;)

  23. #323
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Although Arsenal with 10 men have turned around a deficit to lead 3-2. The man Emery is a genius! ;)
    Ha ha! Never in doubt :- p

  24. #324
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_X View Post
    Ha ha! Never in doubt :- p
    Oh my god.....

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  25. #325
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    595
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Oh my god.....

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Ha ha...jokes aside, we've been terrible and got bailed out by a penalty, a lucky break and a piece of individual skill. The lack of footballing direction is still deeply worrying and we haven't controlled the midfield since Ceballos debut against Burnley...

  26. #326
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,712
    Arsenal are fortunate that they have the best striker in the Premier League at present. That's bailing them out. Without Aubameyang they are basically Everton

  27. #327
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Bath,UK
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Actually Mourinho is available, I'm firmly in the camp that thinks he's a great manager
    Please no. The Premier League has been a much more pleasant place since all of the “nasty” managers left.

  28. #328
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Surrey, U.K.
    Posts
    263
    He is a huge negative force, you don't want him at Arsenal. It was a happy day when he left United.

  29. #329
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    He is a huge negative force, you don't want him at Arsenal. It was a happy day when he left United.
    You say that but they've been much worse since he left. Mourinho won trophies at Utd

  30. #330
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Surrey, U.K.
    Posts
    263
    No difference in the play IMO. Turgid before, turgid since.

    It's more how he seems to feel the need create unhappiness around him.

    I think you'd change your mind pretty quickly if he ended up at Arsenal.

  31. #331
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,508
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Actually Mourinho is available, I'm firmly in the camp that thinks he's a great manager
    Was a great manager. There's a reason (imo) that he's been sacked from his last 2 jobs, and there doesn't seem to be a queue forming for his services.

    Emery needs to be given this season. It's a great opportunity with Utd/Chelsea employing work experience boys as managers. 4th is wide open, but the defence needs organising. I know 3 of the starting 4 are injured, but we shouldn't be this open. Tracking and pressing are non existent.

    Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

  32. #332
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    2,010
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Ole - I reckon he's got until the end of October. It'll be a sad day.

    I would like him to stay, loving his work so far.

  33. #333
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I would like him to stay, loving his work so far.
    Ole deserves a OBE

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  34. #334
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Surrey, U.K.
    Posts
    263
    What next though?

    Someone else that is also only given a few months?

    Anyway, going to take my mind off woeful football performances with a bit of blood-letting...Peaky time approaches.

  35. #335
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,508
    I couldn't understand why they gave him a contract so early on. Totally unproven manager, were he not a former player he wouldn't of even been considered for the job.

    Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

  36. #336
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,981
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    I never thought Watford were going to be this poor.

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Watford weren’t poor, City were brilliant. There’s a subtle difference.

  37. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Ole deserves a OBE

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Funny guys!

    Keane and Mourinho were sat next to each other in the TV studio analysing the United display. Not something I thought I would ever see.

    Anyway, they agreed, United were awful.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  38. #338
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Funny guys!

    Keane and Mourinho were sat next to each other in the TV studio analysing the United display. Not something I thought I would ever see.

    Anyway, they agreed, United were awful.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I enjoy listening to Keane but sometimes he does come across very bitter.........

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  39. #339
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,981
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    I enjoy listening to Keane but sometimes he does come across very bitter.........

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    He has every right to .

  40. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    I enjoy listening to Keane but sometimes he does come across very bitter.........

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    However, from time to time, he does come out with some very, very funny one liners. The Robbie Keane birth and Ryan Giggs’ transfer value spring to mind.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  41. #341
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    He has every right to .
    I never said he doesn't!

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  42. #342
    Master thegoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,981
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Funny guys!

    Keane and Mourinho were sat next to each other in the TV studio analysing the United display. Not something I thought I would ever see.

    Anyway, they agreed, United were awful.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    How far do they need to sink before action is taken ?
    At the minute Id say United aren’t even a top six team. The appointment of Solskjaer sums them up .
    Not that I’m not enjoying it of course .

  43. #343
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    How far do they need to sink before action is taken ?
    At the minute Id say United aren’t even a top six team. The appointment of Solskjaer sums them up .
    Not that I’m not enjoying it of course .
    I think its going to be a jackal and Hyde season for them.

    Im certainly shedding no tears

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  44. #344
    Grand Master mart broad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    10,328
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Funny guys!

    Keane and Mourinho were sat next to each other in the TV studio analysing the United display. Not something I thought I would ever see.

    Anyway, they agreed, United were awful.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Keanes record in management is so great as is Sourness’s and Mouriniho’s stint with MU quite wonderful, not get a little sick and tired of these over paid mouthpieces yes OGS & FL have a lot to learnin a ever changing league and change will happen not that i give a FF about MU.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

  45. #345
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    380
    Just watched MOTD2 to catch up.

    Arsenal should play with 10 man every week lol.

    I think grealish is some player........ His definitely not going to be at villa next season. Supposedly the spuds were in for him.


    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  46. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1981 View Post
    Agree with this. It's either on or off. You can't start saying 'yeah but it was just a bit off'
    You absolutely can say that because of the HUGE (relatively speaking) margin of error of the tech. A quick player can move around a metre at full sprint in the time it takes for a frame to move on TV. The camera's frame rate simply isn't quick enough. So if a player is caught offside by a shoe-size or a knee's breadth on camera how do we know the moment the ball actually left the boot? And how do we know that the player wasn't actually onside by up to half a metre at that moment?

    I genuinely don't know what the solution is but the current one takes the benefit of the doubt away from the attacker and the whole point of football is goals. At the moment there've been 11 overrules by the Video Assistants in the Premier League. Ten have ruled out goals. One has helped provide one. Is that what we really want? For the sake of a millimetre or two which may or may not be correct?

  47. #347
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,508
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    Funny guys!

    Keane and Mourinho were sat next to each other in the TV studio analysing the United display. Not something I thought I would ever see.

    Anyway, they agreed, United were awful.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Interesting hearing Keane bemoan the fact that they seem reliant on James for a spark (a player that was playing in a lower division for Swansea last year), but didn't seem to have a problem with a manager with a similar background.

    It's a strange one. He'd have never even been considered if he hadn't played for the club. And the timing of the contract was naive, at best. If they sack him, it's still the same people deciding on the next manager. That's probably the real problem.

    Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

  48. #348
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Interesting hearing Keane bemoan the fact that they seem reliant on James for a spark (a player that was playing in a lower division for Swansea last year), but didn't seem to have a problem with a manager with a similar background.

    It's a strange one. He'd have never even been considered if he hadn't played for the club. And the timing of the contract was naive, at best. If they sack him, it's still the same people deciding on the next manager. That's probably the real problem.

    Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk
    It appears "whiskey nose" still pulls the strings and OGS is his love child.

    I heard nevil say yesterday they need to give OGS "3-4" transfer windows....... You can't be serious. A manager with no track record given hundreds of millions........fantasy football?

    Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

  49. #349
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    You absolutely can say that because of the HUGE (relatively speaking) margin of error of the tech. A quick player can move around a metre at full sprint in the time it takes for a frame to move on TV. The camera's frame rate simply isn't quick enough. So if a player is caught offside by a shoe-size or a knee's breadth on camera how do we know the moment the ball actually left the boot? And how do we know that the player wasn't actually onside by up to half a metre at that moment?

    I genuinely don't know what the solution is but the current one takes the benefit of the doubt away from the attacker and the whole point of football is goals. At the moment there've been 11 overrules by the Video Assistants in the Premier League. Ten have ruled out goals. One has helped provide one. Is that what we really want? For the sake of a millimetre or two which may or may not be correct?
    I agree with what you're saying but still stand by my original point - now the technology is in use the genie is out of the bottle.

    You can't have the technology there and then introduce human intervention to say - 'yeah but he was only half a metre offside' so we'll let this one slide. That defeats the point of the tech - it's there to provide a black and white onside / offside call.

    If the guy is offside - as shown by the tech - then it has to be flagged as offside. If you don't you're back to square one of having the human error element or the human point of view.

    As I say I don't disagree with your point, but if we're using VAR then it has to be onside / offside. Not offside but we'll let it slide as he might be onside.

    FWIW - I didn't realise the tech had such a margin of error either.

  50. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1981 View Post
    I agree with what you're saying but still stand by my original point - now the technology is in use the genie is out of the bottle.

    You can't have the technology there and then introduce human intervention to say - 'yeah but he was only half a metre offside' so we'll let this one slide. That defeats the point of the tech - it's there to provide a black and white onside / offside call.

    If the guy is offside - as shown by the tech - then it has to be flagged as offside. If you don't you're back to square one of having the human error element or the human point of view.

    As I say I don't disagree with your point, but if we're using VAR then it has to be onside / offside. Not offside but we'll let it slide as he might be onside.

    FWIW - I didn't realise the tech had such a margin of error either.
    The only problem with VAR for offside, as has been mentioned by pundits, is that there is no tech to clearly define when the ball was released to accurately measure if someone was offside at the time of the pass.
    The biggest problem with VAR is that’s it’s still human involvement and there’s already an unwillingness to overturn a decision made by the ref on the pitch.
    You want the talk after the weekend to be about the games, not VAR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •