closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Results 1,701 to 1,741 of 1741

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    You and all Villa fans!
    please let it be so,even better if small heath went down.

Master
    Blog Entries

Premier League 19/20

Belting game tonight, looking forward to next season already.
    Last edited by Middo; 23rd July 2020 at 10:13.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I thought the foxes were going to do it to today, sadly not.... Feel for Bournemouth, at least they went out fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I thought the foxes were going to do it to today, sadly not.... Feel for Bournemouth, at least they went out fighting.
    Had my adolescence in Bournemouth and used to watch them. Feel for them but also feel Villa deserve to stay up as they were supposedly dead and buried so it is what it is

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Had my adolescence in Bournemouth and used to watch them. Feel for them but also feel Villa deserve to stay up as they were supposedly dead and buried so it is what it is
    Sometimes you earn your own luck, but Villa got a huge slice of it against Sheff Utd when Hawkeye didn't work and VAR didn't step in. That goalkeeper and the ball was clearly over the line.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...Aston%20Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    Sometimes you earn your own luck, but Villa got a huge slice of it against Sheff Utd when Hawkeye didn't work and VAR didn't step in. That goalkeeper and the ball was clearly over the line.
    And yet there were lots of times decisions went against Villa and cost us goals, or the chance to get points. One of the football websites was running a table looking at the true table had VAR not been involved and decisions been made correctly. At the restart we were down a point and two places lower than we should have been (Bournemouth were two goals up on what they should have had). Had we not picked up a point yesterday we'd have gone down on goal difference and Bournemouth stayed up. I can't remember the time we conceded a penalty when the ball absolutely blatently and obviously came off the attacking player where the linesman had a perfect view and we conceded from the corner. There was the match against ManU after the restart where we were playing really well at 0-0 and their player stood on our player (ours was in the box, the ball wasn't) and the PL had to admit both the referee and VAR were wrong in giving the penalty. Just that ManU goal they shouldn't have had would have been enough to ensure we would have stayed up and Bournemouth relegated on goal difference.

So yes, a huge slice of luck against Sheffield United. But in the grand scheme of things, we're fine where we are.

Last edited by Foxy100; 27th July 2020 at 07:48.
    "A man of little significance"

There is a GOD!

Master
    And yet there were lots of times decisions went against Villa and cost us goals, or the chance to get points. One of the football websites was running a table looking at the true table had VAR not been involved and decisions been made correctly. At the restart we were down a point and two places lower than we should have been (Bournemouth were two goals up on what they should have had). Had we not picked up a point yesterday we'd have gone down on goal difference and Bournemouth stayed up. I can't remember the time we conceded a penalty when the ball absolutely blatently and obviously came off the attacking player where the linesman had a perfect view and we conceded from the corner. There was the match against ManU after the restart where we were playing really well at 0-0 and their player stood on our player (ours was in the box, the ball wasn't) and the PL had to admit both the referee and VAR were wrong in giving the penalty. Just that ManU goal they shouldn't have had would have been enough to ensure we would have stayed up and Bournemouth relegated on goal difference.

So yes, a huge slice of luck against Sheffield United. But in the grand scheme of things, we're fine where we are.

I don't recall the Bournemouth game, but do remember the Man U game and thought it wasn't a penalty.
    I'm surprise the Jon Moss hasn't been demoted since the penalty he gave against you, he had took charge of 3 Man U games in the space of 20 days (Tottenham - Fernandes pen overturned by VAR, Norwich and Villa).

Master
    What puzzled me was the sacking of Pearson with 2 games to go. I would have fancied Watford to avoid the drop before that. Karma?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    What puzzled me was the sacking of Pearson with 2 games to go. I would have fancied Watford to avoid the drop before that. Karma?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Remarkable, wasn't it? Why would you destabilise your team like that with two matches left? Unless they hoped a 'new manager bounce' would work, except they didn't bring in a new manager.
    "A man of little significance"

Remarkable, wasn't it? Why would you destabilise your team like that with two matches left? Unless they hoped a 'new manager bounce' would work, except they didn't bring in a new manager.
    Pearson was out of contract this week, so you can guarantee that his sacking was for non-football reasons. What wasn’t said in the official club statement spoke volumes.

Pearson was absolutely fuming during the West Ham game and made substitutions at half time. The rumour is that he got into a heated argument with Masina, the full back he pulled, and ended up slapping him in front of a Board Member.

Although a rumour at this stage it is the only thing that would make sense of recent events. And Pearson has not commented either so I’d wager something major has occurred. They were also mid negotiation for given Pearson a new long term contract whichever division we ended up in.

David Squires' cartoon in the Guardian is brilliant, as usual.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-league-season
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    David Squires' cartoon in the Guardian is brilliant, as usual.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-league-season
    I liked the Jack Charlton one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As an Arsenal fan we have been the better team, Auba is class and I am pleased with how we are playing but no way should that be a red card for Chelsea.

As a neutral watching the game I was quite looking forward to this one, mostly because both teams cant seem to defend and I expected a cricket score. I didnt think that Arsenal were the better team overall both sides had their moments before the first water break Chelsea were all over them. Before the game I just couldnt understand Franks policy of buying every striker in Europe when he has a good few young players coming through the ranks and the most obvious problem they have is in defence and why on earth is Kante not playing? That being said considering the injuries they now how those new players will be on the pitch sooner than they first thought.

Arsenal still look shocking in defence, that first goal most of the Arsenal team were in the box and Chelsea still scored and the last 10 minutes Arsenal struggled to hold on. Good game though I think if I was a Chelsea fan I would be disappointed, was the ref picked on by a Chelsea fan as a kid or something?

Blog Entries
    poor game i hope the ref enjoys his not hard earned he was totally biased but the worst part was listening to that — x — Lineker but the reality in the big picture a nothing we all have bigger concerns.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by mart broad; 1st August 2020 at 19:47.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Before the game I just couldnt understand Franks policy of buying every striker in Europe when he has a good few young players coming through the ranks and the most obvious problem they have is in defence and why on earth is Kante not playing?
    The reason we need to strengthen our forward line is because Willian & Pedro are off, Giroud only has a season, maybe two left and Abraham & Hudson-Odoi just haven’t shown they’re going to be the solution we all hoped they would.

Congrats to Arsenal, but their best player was Anthony Taylor. That man will have at least 3 absolute mares refereeing games with us every season.

Before the seasons first game my mates and I, all season ticket holders, met in our usual pub and said it was going to be an interesting year and we’d be happy scraping a Europa spot. We certainly can’t complain.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    The reason we need to strengthen our forward line is because Willian & Pedro are off, Giroud only has a season, maybe two left and Abraham & Hudson-Odoi just haven’t shown they’re going to be the solution we all hoped they would.

Congrats to Arsenal, but their best player was Anthony Taylor. That man will have at least 3 absolute mares refereeing games with us every season.

Before the seasons first game my mates and I, all season ticket holders, met in our usual pub and said it was going to be an interesting year and we’d be happy scraping a Europa spot. We certainly can’t complain.
    Wait, what ?
    Antony ‘Altrincham Fan’ Taylor taking centre stage ? Never !
    An out and out cheat . Shouldn’t be anywhere near a game of any magnitude, never mind an FA Cup Final.
    Once again, a showpiece event has been ruined/ manipulated by shady decision makers .

Master
    Confirmed Pep is the biggest fraud in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Don’t talk like a knob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez that was some horrendous tactical play by Man City tonight. The formation was all wrong and City didn't look like they had a goal in them until 15 mins from the end. Yeah you could argue there was a foul on the city defender for the 2nd goal but Lyon were continuously getting through afterwards. Unbelievable miss by Sterling yet he still was City's best player so it just needs to go down as 'one of those things'.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Guess the chequebook will be out big time after this failure

As good as Sterling is he has always missed a boatload

It was the same tactical mare as the QF against Spurs last year in the first leg. Why doesn’t he just let City do what they do best, drive forward looking for goals with the best players. With five subs he left Bernardo and Foden on the bench all game, bizarre.
    We didn’t deserve to win tonight, simple as that.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Shocker of a result. I thought it was going to be city's. Surly bayren now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Don’t talk like a knob.

Hes spent 750 million on players since arriving at City who were already the best side in England.

Fail in Europe with Bayern and failed every season with City.

Big time fraud, check book manager at his finest and still can’t produce the goods.

Hes spent 750 million on players since arriving at City who were already the best side in England.

Fail in Europe with Bayern and failed every season with City.

Big time fraud, check book manager at his finest and still can’t produce the goods.
    Won the League title
    Won the FA Cup
    Won the League Cup
    Broke loads of records.

Proper fraud.

He took on an ageing side made them unbeatable.
    Robbed by VAR against Spurs in the chumps league.

We get beat in a cup competition against a good French side you call him a fraud. You talk shite.

Give your head a wobble.

Master
    United fan here who finds talk that Pep is a fraud rather odd. Though clearly City losing to Lyon was rather amusing.

Yeah, nothing like winning your last 15 games to win the PL by a point or being the first team to 100 points, not to mention the only domestic clean sweep.

Abramovic spent sheds load of money and it took 9 years before winning CL with Chelsea. Ferguson won 2 CL in over 25 years at Utd and Wenger didn’t win one at all, it’s just difficult to win the CL. I don’t hear anyone calling Wenger a fraud.
    Im surprised so many made City favourites to win CL, anyone who’s seen enough of their games this season would know how patchy their form has been. 9 PL losses this season speaks volumes.

Blog Entries

...Hes spent 750 million on players since arriving at City ...

I tend to judge whether or not to enter a debate based on the the preceding posts...

In this case...

In this part of the world it's He's & Cheque you semi-literate dunce... step up & maybe it'll be worth a riposte.

z

Master
    Don’t talk like a knob.

Won the League title
    Won the FA Cup
    Won the League Cup
    Broke loads of records.

Proper fraud.

He took on an ageing side made them unbeatable.
    Robbed by VAR against Spurs in the chumps league.

We get beat in a cup competition against a good French side you call him a fraud. You talk shite.

Give your head a wobble.

Already had the best squad when he took over and then he’s spent .....750 million.

Spent 300+ plus on defenders.

He can’t do it in Europe, he’s tactically inept.

Bayern and now city he a big time fraud. He’s there to win the champions league and he can’t do it.

Already had the best squad when he took over and then he’s spent .....750 million.

Spent 300+ plus on defenders.

He can’t do it in Europe, he’s tactically inept.

Bayern and now city he a big time fraud. He’s there to win the champions league and he can’t do it.
    Who says he there to ONLY win the Champions League?

You need to back these facts up!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I tend to judge whether or not to enter a debate based on the the preceding posts...

In this case...

In this part of the world it's He's & Cheque you semi-literate dunce... step up & maybe it'll be worth a riposte.

z
    *Z*elig

Blog Entries
    *Z*elig
    It's my choice for my nom de plume - & as you can see in my profile I chose lower case...

...jog on Forrest.

z

What do you expect from Liverpool fans, decent discussion?

Pep’s problem with the CL is the same as Greg Norman, Rory McIlroy at The Masters. The longer you go without winning the higher the pressure grows and the more pressure you put on yourself. It becomes a vicious circle.

No doubt Pep has started overthinking, it’s frustrating to see formations change that stifle what City do best. I’ve seen enough of their games this season to know that nothing was certain tonight. Brilliant one game, average the next. That’s been their season.
    Mansour is in this for the long term with City and they will continue to win titles and cups and, hopefully one season, the CL will be one.

I don't think he's a fraud - for me he's one of the best managers in the world. Regardless of how much money you have spent, you still have to buy the right players and manage and motivate them. The owners want the CL.....I'm not too sure the fans really care. Contrast that with Liverpool and for me, the CL is right up there with the PL. But it took us 30 years to win the PL, so I don't see why Pep is getting mullered for not winning probably the hardest trophy to win. What made it harder was the one match knockout phase for this season - come on, anyone can beat anyone in just one match. This was City's best chance in a long time, with Real Madrid and Barcelona a shadow of their former selves, and Liverpool getting knocked out earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if the red hot favourites Bayern also fail to win it.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’m a red, even I had city down to win the CL this year, to prove a point post the legal suit if nothing else.

That’s cup games though and nothing is guaranteed. Would have liked to have seen a city/Bayern final.

Bayern look frightening though, have to be the favourites now.

Journeyman
    I think Pep out thought himself last night in failing to play his best team in the way they've been playing for the last 3 or 4 years. Setting them up to be so defensive played into Lyon's hands - without electric pace in the front 3 ( a la Liverpool) City were always going to struggle to create much.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Messi on an route to the Etihad?

Maybe it wasn’t Pep.
    Maybe it was “Everton fans “

Let’s be honest Pep is an average manager at best. He inherited the best team in the world at Barca and won everything. Went to Bayern who also had a terrific team and did average. Then came to an already strong city side spent a fortune and has failed. Yes he has won things but not as much as they should have done.

If he went to Liverpool instead of Klopp do you think he would have done as well? No chance!

Blog Entries
    Right now Klopp is the man with Pep following but really looking forward to the new season and hopefully what the new kids on the block bring to the party to challenge so Frank, OGS and Arteta bring it on.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE