closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 19/20

He looks very weird in this photo. Has he had work done? Or is it just that he's clean shaven and trying to smile?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I think at the start of the season that most people would’ve had Tottenham as top four . They are not a poor team . I don’t subscribe to the “ lost the changing rooms “ crap that will be peddled out . Mourinho will be promised money for January and Id imagine the squad will be in it for at least this season . They could feasibly win the FA Cup and will tighten up enough to progress in the Chumps League .
    At least United will be able to offload Matic now .
    There's been plenty being leaked by the players about the issue. Obviously the Eriksen/Vertonghen issue, but it's got a bit stale. Combination of not changing training sessions up, and the same group of players season after season.

They've apparently claimed about him being a bit of a dictator and not trusting the players enough. Enjoy Jose

Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    He looks very weird in this photo. Has he had work done? Or is it just that he's clean shaven and trying to smile?

He looks older. Perhaps wiser too?

New hair cut for his first day.

Anybody know the stories behind Alli’s and Dier’s fading forms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 20th November 2019 at 19:08.

I liked his interview on the website. Interesting times ahead and I feel strangely positive.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spu...as-head-coach/

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    He looks older. Perhaps wiser too?

New hair cut for his first day.

Anybody know the stories behind Alli’s and Dier’s fading forms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Perhaps Alli and Dier need hair cuts too?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I liked his interview on the website. Interesting times ahead and I feel strangely positive.

I’m not convinced but really hope to be proved wrong.
    if those players could pass as quickly and accurately in a match as they did in that training clip then we wouldn’t be in this mess

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

It's because in that video, as he's having his photo taken, he keeps looking like Sadiq Khan

Come on .
    There has to be somebody on this thread that still believes that VAR isn’t a corrupt shambles .
    Liverpool fans need not reply .

Master
    Come on .
    There has to be somebody on this thread that still believes that VAR isn’t a corrupt shambles .
    Liverpool fans need not reply .
    From the opposite side of our town, but have to agree that VAR decision was absolutely mental, not even a close call.

Craftsman
    Even as a Liverpool fan I have to agree that the implementation has been a little shall we say... Shonky

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    CFC supporter here unhappy with yesterday’s result but a long way from last years and would take where we are now at the end of the season, Spurs a lot more energy but the irons were poor and just lacking in every dept, LFC as Paul Merson said after that VAR decision just give them the league ,Leicester looking good and deserving their place and as to the gunners got away with it i can see Emery gone and maybe Poch in
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Liverpool have benefitted from too many dodgy VAR decisions this season for this to be a coincidence.

Good game between City and Chelsea but City seem to have gone backwards and are not the fearful proposition they once were. I think they have lost that air of intimidation. Chelsea could have been out of sight by half time. Spurs tactically looked better but it is just one game. Arsenal mugged Southampton to get a point. Emery out and I'd even settle for Big Fat Sam at this stage.

Leicester seem to be a better side then they were when they won the league. Will they overtake liverpool? VAR. I mean no.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    No-one actually believes that there's an organised conspiracy to use VAR to give Liverpool the title though do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan1981 View Post
    No-one actually believes that there's an organised conspiracy to use VAR to give Liverpool the title though do they?

Nothing new, I’m afraid. We’ve been here before with conspiracy theories about referees being on the Anfield payroll. Bonkers!

Plenty still believe the earth is flat.

Master
    It’s starting to look like it might be a record year for manager changes, with half a dozen currently in the race to get the push.

Emery, Silva, OGS, Flores again, Pellegrini, Hassenhutl all on borrowed time.

The one name not in the frame at the moment is Steve Bruce (who’d have thought!), although the next 2 matches might change things (Villa away and Man City at home). Many had already factored in Bruce taking Newcastle down, so maybe he’s safe for that reason.

By the end of the season or soon after I think that Hodgson, Rodgers and Guardiola could also have left their respective clubs, for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    It’s starting to look like it might be a record year for manager changes, with half a dozen currently in the race to get the push.

Emery, Silva, OGS, Flores again, Pellegrini, Hassenhutl all on borrowed time.

The one name not in the frame at the moment is Steve Bruce (who’d have thought!), although the next 2 matches might change things (Villa away and Man City at home). Many had already factored in Bruce taking Newcastle down, so maybe he’s safe for that reason.

By the end of the season or soon after I think that Hodgson, Rodgers and Guardiola could also have left their respective clubs, for different reasons.
    I would agree with this assessment, but if City, Spurs, Liverpool etc all have managers that are regarded the best in world, only one can win the PL - so do the rest face an uncertain future.

As an Everton supporter, I would sack Silva today and replace him with Mauricio Pochettino - but I know he would never sign for a shit outfit like ours 😂

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by woodacre1983 View Post
    Think spurs have reacted too quickly here. Clearly not being a spurs fan and not there weekly I may not be the best placed to say that. But, I’m sure he would of turned it round fairly quickly. Let’s be fair we are only 6 month on from the CL final!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levy has been spot on doing this for me now, we have been poor for the last 12 months. Great getting to the CL final but more luck then anything. Scrapped through our group, VAR saved us, lost at Home to Ajax, semi final away game 2 down at HT. Great 2nd half against a team who was planning there trip to Madrid...

Yesterday first away win since Feb, team looked a lot better but knackered last 10 mins. I'm well happy with Jose coming in, roll on Tuesday.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'd welcome Poch at Arsenal with open arms and he'd get more money than he had at Spurs
    No channce he'd go to them

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    come on you “ irons” this WE.
    How did that work out?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    How did that work out?
    West Ham we’re woeful and their GK JM could not have asked for a better first game in charge and he has inherited a super group of players but a long way to go

Craftsman
    West Ham we’re woeful and their GK JM could not have asked for a better first game in charge and he has inherited a super group of players but a long way to go
    He has a great squad, that's why Poch had to go, couldn't get a tune out of us. He lacked the winning mentaility something Jose has plenty off. We lost a few semi finals under Poch I just don't think he has what we needed to go to the next level. He bottled the league twice under Poch, with the team we had we should of won it once at least. The football I've been watching the last 12 months has been a million miles away from 3 years ago, shocking.

Do believe certain players haven't done Poch any favours this season but he should of just kept them away from the starting 11 completly.He also never did himself any favours ,always changing a winning team. Love what he brought to us and a cracking loveble person but the nice people aren't always winners.

Only the odd idiot, who also have forgotten the other "conspiracy" which prevented LFC from ever winning the Premiership in 30 years.

To win anything over 40 odd games does require a bit of good fortune (the odd goal in Fergie time, iffy referee decisions, defenders not slipping, injuries to quality talent, etc) and LFC has had some good future this season (so far), but no different to the good fortune other teams have had in previous seasons.

Liverpool last lost at home in April 2017 - thats 43 games unbeaten. Pretty impressive.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Sheffield United all over Man U at the mo.

Phil Jones having a nightmare on his return to the first team.

The Blades could (should be) be 3 or 4 up - if they were better at finishing ( & De Gea playing well)

z

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Sheffield United all over Man U at the mo.

Phil Jones having a nightmare on his return to the first team.

The Blades could (should be) be 3 or 4 up - if they were better at finishing ( & De Gea playing well)

z
    Update 2-3 old red nose is happy

Blog Entries
    Update 2-3 old red nose is happy
    Their front 3 suddenly decided to turn up

z

Master
    We did well to get a point out of that never mind a possible three...very impressed with SUFC.

Unbelievably 3 - 2 up after being owned for 70 minutes and what does Ole do?

Martial off and revert to 5 at the back, the source of our previous 70 minutes of incompetence, and we concede in the 90th

I've been to the game today, for 70 minutes we bullied, outplayed Man U. For me we got complacent as it was that easy and that was our undoing

Master
    Think you tired a bit also, you were pressing hard all game

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Only the odd idiot, who also have forgotten the other "conspiracy" which prevented LFC from ever winning the Premiership in 30 years.

To win anything over 40 odd games does require a bit of good fortune (the odd goal in Fergie time, iffy referee decisions, defenders not slipping, injuries to quality talent, etc) and LFC has had some good future this season (so far), but no different to the good fortune other teams have had in previous seasons.

Liverpool last lost at home in April 2017 - thats 43 games unbeaten. Pretty impressive.
    Put me down as one of ‘ the idiots’ then .
    What happened this season ( as well as last btw, but City were just too good then ) is far more than fortune. If you can’t , or don’t want to see it , that’s fine , but to dismiss it out of hand is naive .
    I’ll give you two examples which, if you have rational explanations for them, Ill simply agree that Liverpool are fully deserving of the title they will win in May.
    Against Liverpool at Anfield, Salah s goal was extremely close, meaning it would’ve triggered the VAR . It was confirmed as a goal almost immediately ( not the 3-4 minutes for the almost identical incident in the Sheffield Utd v Spurs game ). In every other game where VAR has been used , there is a screen shot of the decision with the lines drawn on to help the process. No such shot has been seen then or since. It took Sky 30 minutes to draw up their own version.
    Yesterday , for Sterling’s goal , the whole process was farcical. He scored and wheeled off to celebrate with his teammates. The goal was announced in the Stadium and the players were heading back to the centre circle. Atkinson went over to the linesman , they communicated whilst the referee was given instructions from Stockley Park . The linesman then raised his flag and the goal was chalked off . Blatant cheating caught full on camera and the Premier League compounded it by tweeting that it was ‘ an on field decision’
    I came away from that game yesterday absolutely convinced that the entire system is corrupt. We had just beaten a very good Chelsea team and almost everybody heading back into Manchester was muttering about that decision, not the win and three points.
    We’ve suffered more than most at this VAR crap and I’m guessing it’ll go so far before being reined in . Maybe a couple of decisions might go for City or against Liverpool but the damage has been done .
    There will be a number not renewing tickets next year, that’s an inevitability .

Craftsman
    But you don't actually think the FA or the referees association or both are actually somewhere deliberately coming together to give Liverpool more decisions and take away from other teams?

Like an actual conspiracy?

Master
    People used to genuinely think United paid off referees back when we were the best team in England.

There's no conspiracy in my view, just incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    People used to genuinely think United paid off referees back when we were the best team in England.

There's no conspiracy in my view, just incompetence.
    I’ve alluded to it before , but if you’ve watched Mike Riley ref the Utd v Arsenal game a few years back and don’t see blatant cheating on display , then you’re correct, it is just incompetence.

Master
    But you don't actually think the FA or the referees association or both are actually somewhere deliberately coming together to give Liverpool more decisions and take away from other teams?

Like an actual conspiracy?

Yes, he does.

Master
    What I mean is that I don't think there's anything organised or an institutional plot to get LFC to win the league or whatever

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    What I mean is that I don't think there's anything organised or an institutional plot to get LFC to win the league or whatever
    Not do I. To suggest there is is as crazy as chemtrails or the Illuminati.

What might happen is that big clubs / winning clubs get the benefit of the doubt a bit more. But that's not unique to Liverpool or VAR or this season.

See Fergie time.

What happened this season ( as well as last btw, but City were just too good then ) is far more than fortune. If you can’t , or don’t want to see it , that’s fine , but to dismiss it out of hand is naive .
    I’ll give you two examples which, if you have rational explanations for them, Ill simply agree that Liverpool are fully deserving of the title they will win in May.
    Against Liverpool at Anfield, Salah s goal was extremely close, meaning it would’ve triggered the VAR . It was confirmed as a goal almost immediately ( not the 3-4 minutes for the almost identical incident in the Sheffield Utd v Spurs game ). In every other game where VAR has been used , there is a screen shot of the decision with the lines drawn on to help the process. No such shot has been seen then or since. It took Sky 30 minutes to draw up their own version.
    Yesterday , for Sterling’s goal , the whole process was farcical. He scored and wheeled off to celebrate with his teammates. The goal was announced in the Stadium and the players were heading back to the centre circle. Atkinson went over to the linesman , they communicated whilst the referee was given instructions from Stockley Park . The linesman then raised his flag and the goal was chalked off . Blatant cheating caught full on camera and the Premier League compounded it by tweeting that it was ‘ an on field decision’
    I came away from that game yesterday absolutely convinced that the entire system is corrupt. We had just beaten a very good Chelsea team and almost everybody heading back into Manchester was muttering about that decision, not the win and three points.
    We’ve suffered more than most at this VAR crap and I’m guessing it’ll go so far before being reined in . Maybe a couple of decisions might go for City or against Liverpool but the damage has been done .
    There will be a number not renewing tickets next year, that’s an inevitability .
    i think you can argue Everton and Man U were to good for them, because both teams managed a draw against Liverpool, which actually cost them the title. Alternatively you can argue Man City were to good for them because they had more money to spend and were able to get Sterling up the road. So many variables.

This season you could argue that Norwich were simply to good, because they managed to turn Man City over 3-2.

But to suggest there is a conspiracy (between the FA and the referees which some how has remained secret) to allow Liverpool to win the league is simply nuts. But if you believe than then good for you.

VAR is awful, but then so were some of the decisions made by referees before VAR. (who can forget the Maradona Handball). The simple fact is that irrespective of what methods are used, players and fans will always be upset with decisions that go against their team, but will forget/forgive those decisions their teams get. Same as it always was.

My solution is to simply accept this as a fact, and to just enjoy the game for what it is. Entertainment which at the end of the day is not really that important.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Yes, he does.
    Thanks for that love , what’s for dinner this evening ? 🤔

I’ve not said anywhere that there is a conspiracy to help them win it but they’ve had a strange amount of good fortune this year and last . It doesn’t even itself out over the season no matter how any pundits or fans trot out the line.
    There’s too much money sloshing around in football for it to be free of corruption.
    If you can’t or don’t want to see it , great , crack on . But something stinks .

Master
    Nothing dear, I play football on Monday evenings so don't eat past lunch-time :-)

But tell me this - if something stinks, how come Man City have won 4 titles in the past what 7-8 years?

Unless you're so good that when you win it it's just skill, but when anyone else wins it, it's corrupt?

It's both laughable and ironic that the Scousers who claimed the whole league was corrupt for decades now seem to the ones being pointed out for corruption in their favour!

You couldn't make it up.

The real conspiracy was Liverpool supporters in the PL preventing City from buying centre backs over the summer

Master
    Absolutely daft all this.

So the FA and the refs want Liverpool to win the league ? For what reason ?

Its crazy that City can talk about cheating when they have spent over a billion whilst there turn over and global fan base was basically zero.

City will be pushed to win the league this year because their defence is absolute dogshit.

Will Liverpool win the league ? I'm not so sure, Christmas will make or break them they are playing twice a week for 5 weeks running and travelling all over the world.

The best team will win come May whoever it may be.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for that love , what’s for dinner this evening ?

I’ve not said anywhere that there is a conspiracy to help them win it but they’ve had a strange amount of good fortune this year and last . It doesn’t even itself out over the season no matter how any pundits or fans trot out the line.
    There’s too much money sloshing around in football for it to be free of corruption.
    If you can’t or don’t want to see it , great , crack on . But something stinks .
    Glol, city fan complaining about too much money in football.

Chris Smalling, a goal and two assists for Roma this weekend.

United hung on to Phil Jones!

Not working for United against the Blades, make a change, bang in three on a roll, so what does Ole do? Revert back and Blades score again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, I've read some bitter comments on here but this takes the biscuit!

What's the matter, not getting things all your own way for a change? Pep, the City players and the fans crying because for once you're not running away with it.

Last season the difference between City winning the league by a single point was goal line technology.

This was ruled not to have crossed the line at the Etihad, City won the game 2-1, the only game Liverpool lost last season.

Man City beat Burnley 1-0 thanks to goal line technology. Correct decision but the difference between Man City and Liverpool last season was this close.

Despite you moaning that Liverpool had decisions go their way last season, Liverpool would actually have won the title last year had VAR been used.

"If VAR had been used in the Premier League last season, then Liverpool would have been crowned champions for the first time in 29 years.

GentingBet decided to calculate the Premier League table if Video Assistant Referee had been in use for the 2018/2019 season and it had a few changes."

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...-used-20190809

How the table would have looked last season if VAR was used:

This season, without VAR, Liverpool would still be clear at the top of the league.

So which is it?

Before the season started, rival fans were saying that with VAR Liverpool were going to be found out.

Now they're top, rival fans are saying VAR has been brought in to help Liverpool win the league.

You can't have it both ways.

Whatever suits your agenda I guess.

Here's a few VAR decisions that have gone AGAINST Liverpool so far this season:

Firmino goal disallowed against Villa

Origi fouled in the build up to Man Utd Scoring in the only game Liverpool have dropped points.

Mane booked for 'diving' against Villa even though he was fouled in the box and should have had a penalty

The truth is Liverpool have lost only one game since the start of last season. They played in more Champions League finals in the last 18 months than they lost league games.

Liverpool have lost one league game in 52 matches.

Liverpool in the Premier League since the beginning of 2018/19 season:

WWWWWWDDWWDWWWWWWWWWLWWDDWDWDWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDWWW W

134 points won from a maximum of 153.

But it's all down to corruption and VAR?

Do me a favour.
    Last edited by Ric356II; 25th November 2019 at 11:58.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    Haha, I've read some bitter comments on here but this takes the biscuit!

What's the matter, not getting things all your own way for a change? Pep, the City players and the fans crying because for once you're not running away with it.

Last season the difference between City winning the league by a single point was goal line technology.

This was ruled not to have crossed the line at the Etihad, City won the game 2-1, the only game Liverpool lost last season.

Man City beat Burnley 1-0 thanks to goal line technology. Correct decision but the difference between Man City and Liverpool last season was this close.

Despite you moaning that Liverpool had decisions go their way last season, Liverpool would actually have won the title last year had VAR been used.

"If VAR had been used in the Premier League last season, then Liverpool would have been crowned champions for the first time in 29 years.

GentingBet decided to calculate the Premier League table if Video Assistant Referee had been in use for the 2018/2019 season and it had a few changes."

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...-used-20190809

This season, without VAR, Liverpool would still be clear at the top of the league.

So which is it?

Before the season started, rival fans were saying that with VAR Liverpool were going to be found out.

Now they're top, rival fans are saying VAR has been brought in to help Liverpool win the league.

You can't have it both ways.

Whatever suits your agenda I guess.

Here's a few VAR decisions that have gone AGAINST Liverpool so far this season:

Firmino goal disallowed against Villa

Origi fouled in the build up to Man Utd Scoring in the only game Liverpool have dropped points.

Mane booked for 'diving' against Villa even though he was fouled in the box and should have had a penalty

The truth is Liverpool have lost only one game since the start of last season. They played in more Champions League finals in the last 18 months than they lost league games.

Liverpool have lost one league game in 52 matches.

Liverpool in the Premier League since the beginning of 2018/19 season:

WWWWWWDDWWDWWWWWWWWWLWWDDWDWDWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDWWW W

134 points won from a maximum of 153.

But it's all down to corruption and VAR?

Do me a favour.
    Goat won't like this, he doesn't deal in fact and truths.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Goat won't like this, he doesn't deal in fact and truths.
    Here’s a fact.

You haven’t won it yet.

z

Master
    Goal line technology is different because it is (as far as I am aware) objective. No human intervention and factual. VAR is subjective = someone looking at a screen and trying to apply the VAR rules - whatever they are!!

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Glol, city fan complaining about too much money in football.
    Christ !
    How hard is it to comprehend?
    Where have I complained about too much money in football? I said there was loads sloshing around within the game . Not moaning , just alluding to the fact that there is so much in it . In all other walks of business life, there will be corruption of some sort, yes? Why do you think football would be different?
    It happened on Italy, the FIFA and UEFA boards are about as corrupt as it gets .
    And to all the Liverpool fans , please point out (from your tunnel vision) where I’ve said you’re not deserving of your lead , or that you’re not on the top on merit ? You won’t because you can’t . I’ve just said you’ve had a few more decisions go your way .
    I notice none of you die hard Scousers have debunked the two scenarios I highlighted . I’ll look forward to that .
    Also , my complaint is and always has been about VAR in the league . Not just City, not Liverpool . Every team .
    They are TRIALLING a new , unproven system in the most lucrative football league inthe world . It’s not goal line technology which, as has been highlighted earlier , has worked a treat. VAR hasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    i think you can argue Everton and Man U were to good for them, because both teams managed a draw against Liverpool, which actually cost them the title. Alternatively you can argue Man City were to good for them because they had more money to spend and were able to get Sterling up the road. So many variables.

This season you could argue that Norwich were simply to good, because they managed to turn Man City over 3-2.

But to suggest there is a conspiracy (between the FA and the referees which some how has remained secret) to allow Liverpool to win the league is simply nuts. But if you believe than then good for you.

VAR is awful, but then so were some of the decisions made by referees before VAR. (who can forget the Maradona Handball). The simple fact is that irrespective of what methods are used, players and fans will always be upset with decisions that go against their team, but will forget/forgive those decisions their teams get. Same as it always was.

My solution is to simply accept this as a fact, and to just enjoy the game for what it is. Entertainment which at the end of the day is not really that important.
    Sorry Andy , I missed your reply .
    I accept that football isn’t a precise science . But VAR was supposed to eradicate most of the mistakes made. Instead they’ve compounded it by backing up the mistakes . How does that help?
    I have never had an issue with being beaten , by Norwich, by Wolves,Liverpool , whoever . It’s just that the system was designed to help and it patently doesn’t.
    My point is , if we’d gone to Anfield and lost 3-1 last year with the same decisions , you’d come away from the ground upset, moaning at the officials etc . I’d guarantee by Monday , it’s be forgotten and you’d move on .
    Like I said earlier, we played part in a great entertaining game on Saturday . Chelsea were excellent ( Lampard was immense btw, he got a standing ovation and stayed to clap all four corners of the ground) but coming out afterwards, the feeling was of despair and anger at the whole thing .