closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Ignore the earlier post, VAR has gone their way again, usual service resumed 

Nothing wrong with either goal. Salah's second goal was simply sublime. His first was pretty good as well

Mane disallowed goal was at best marginal.

Watford did however manage to blow a couple of great chances.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Advice to Aston Villa - put your first team out on Tuesday night. Klopp and his 23 best players are in the Middle East and Liverpool are sending the U23 coach and a bunch of kids for the League Cup quarter final.

Complete madness, the game should have been called off, but Villa won't get an easier chance to get to the semis. Don't risk a weakened team, put the big names out and them bring the stars off when the game looks won.

Anyway, back to business - come on Big Dunc - stuff those Mancs tomorrow 👍

This isn’t a moan about Super Frank but the couple of games at the Bridge it’s becoming clear that he really doesn’t have a Plan B or maybe the players for a Plan B.

Kanté needs to return to his best position in front of the defence that’s clear, Jorginho has been caught out a few times there and doesn’t offer any protection sat there. Mason Mount needs to be given time & rested every other week or he’ll be burnt out by Feb! The youngsters have been a revelation, Reece James & Tomori in particular, I can’t remember so many players getting international call ups in their first season.

Any team can & will score against us but it’s starting to affect the players (and the supporters) confidence.
    At the beginning of the season we all said we’d except a top 6 finish at best but the start we’ve had has obviously raised our expectations.

Super Frankie’s half term school report: Showing lots of promise but needs to concentrate and prove he can do better.

This year was always a bridging season for Chelsea with the new manager, the transfer ban and the use of the youth as well as the newer players settling .
    At the recent City game, there were passages of play which were a joy to watch . There was little fear and some great one and two touch football . At the time I kind of knew we would score as you could see the levels on the Chelsea players drop after 35 ish minutes . Not by s huge amount but the effort had obviously taken its toll .
    Even on the opening day defeat by Utd, that was never a 4-0 game . Chelsea were much the better team for long passages of play .
    Next season will be fascinating, Frank will have money to spend and it will be interesting to see how he deals with this side of it too.
    I hope they get top four this season . I think they might .

/\ /\ /\
    Could agree more, most of the football’s been a joy to watch but a few transfers needed are one or two older heads (not the over the hill type we normally spend £60m+ on like Torres or Morata).

Blog Entries
    CFC we are a work in progress that IMO punched above its weight and a little reality is now kicking in both in terms of the players and manager now the ban has been lifted a couple of decent signings in the window and i agree not the over priced over the hill usual suspects and a reality check if we make top six this season with a decent foundation going forward i will be happy.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I'll take a point from Old Trafford - Big Dunc 4 points from 6 against Chelsea and Man Utd.

He had player issues today, but United looked strong in the second half so a good result

I'll take a point from Old Trafford - Big Dunc 4 points from 6 against Chelsea and Man Utd.

He had player issues today, but United looked strong in the second half so a good result
    Should’ve been all three though.
    Great chance at 1-0 and, although United dominated possession, they didn’t create too many chances.
    I’d give Ferguson the job until the season end and see where they end up . No need to make a decision based on two games.

Blog Entries
    Not a bad game and i agree give Ferguson the job at least until the end of the season and i see MC have resumed service as usual at the Emerites

Master
    Thought we created enough to win tbh. Lingard should have scored in the first minute for one. Everton were pretty good though, lot of spirit.

Master
    So with Leicester drawing today is it all over?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    So with Leicester drawing today is it all over?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Doubt it, far too early.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    CFC we are a work in progress that IMO punched above its weight and a little reality is now kicking in both in terms of the players and manager now the ban has been lifted a couple of decent signings in the window and i agree not the over priced over the hill usual suspects and a reality check if we make top six this season with a decent foundation going forward i will be happy.
    Think Frank is doing a decent job considering the circumstances going into a club with very high expectations and a lot of baggage with players and previous managers and only a very short amount of managerial experience himself. Very good set of young players who at team for the future could be built around and more than a few decent experienced players in there too. It will be interesting to see who he brings in as that could make or break Chelsea's season it is very much about buying the right players at the moment I think it would seriously disrupt the dressing room if he starts bringing in overpriced players and displacing some of the kids who have now found first team football.

Regarding Everton, Dunk is probably the best option until at least the end of season unless they really do have someone they know exactly who waiting in the wings rather than just a big list and pot luck which is the impression they are giving. I think there will be plenty of bumps on the road under him but at least there will be some consistency until the end of the season when they can make a real decision on what direction they want to take.

Master
    Blog Entries
    They should stick with Dunk, at least till the end of the season. He will keep them up and that’s the main thing. Line up a new manager for the end of the season to start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    They should stick with Dunk, at least till the end of the season. He will keep them up and that’s the main thing. Line up a new manager for the end of the season to start over.
    Agreed. Little point in changing as it looks as if relegation will be avoided.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

I meant to say I knew it was going to be a bad day when I noticed my ExpII had stopped working on the train to Fulham Broadway!

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    They should stick with Dunkc, at least till the end of the season. He will keep them up and that’s the main thing. Line up a new manager for the end of the season to start over.
    Probably right, but can someone tell him to stop gobbing on the floor now that he's a manager?

Big game at the Tottenham Stadium next weekend!

Anyone else half-expecting him to nut the fourth official?

Looks like Arteta could well be on his way to Arsenal .
    If so , I wish him well . It’s a helluva job .

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Looks like Arteta could well be on his way to Arsenal .
    If so , I wish him well . It’s a helluva job .
    Looks that way, not sure how it will work out. We need someone very strong and not sure Arteta is up to that, Vieira would have been my choice as can not see any established managers coming in. I could see Vieira not talking any crap from the players.

Interesting game at lunchtime with Arteta and Ancelotti both looking on.

Great appointment for the Blues, although he does have a history of taking over established squads, which he certainly won't have at Everton. A lot of rebuilding needed which I think is why they have given him 4.5 years.

Exciting times - hopefully 👍

Master
    Blog Entries
    Everton bagging Carlo is quite a coup, arsenal must be in quite a state for not heading there.

Blog Entries
    Interesting game at lunchtime with Arteta and Ancelotti both looking on.

Great appointment for the Blues, although he does have a history of taking over established squads, which he certainly won't have at Everton. A lot of rebuilding needed which I think is why they have given him 4.5 years.

Exciting times - hopefully 
    A really poor match and a huge job for both of the new appointments, interesting times ahead.

Craftsman
    Awful match.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Good move for Everton and the PL will be better having Carlo in it. I thought it was a good move to keep Drunken on is some capacity. It will be interesting.

The match today was a snoozefest.

The Liverpool game is much better, full of incident, but no goals, very exciting.

Penality in kloppage time. Or maybe not.
    Last edited by Andyg; 21st December 2019 at 20:20.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Performance of the season from City today, imho. Mahrez tormented the defence the whole game.

Just watched the L’pool game, Fifa are so far up their own backsides it beggars belief, just give the winners the cup and get it over and done with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Just watched the L’pool game, Fifa are so far up their own backsides it beggars belief, just give the winners the cup and get it over and done with...

I've never watched such a dodgy bent game. Surprised we won but so glad we did.

Champs of the world
    Last edited by sprite1275; 21st December 2019 at 23:31.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post

Champs of the world
    oh good, for a moment I thought it was just me. Especially the VAR none foul, none red card, etc.

The right result at the end of the day. What really impressed me and perhaps made the difference was the level of fitness shown by Liverpool. They really ran their socks off, especially Mane and Salah.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post

Champs of the world
    Well done LFC but in my eyes unless you are a supporter of LFC. a non event i chose to watch City v Leicester and only watched the extra time in this match really by chance

Not everyone has BT or Sky mate

Master
    Well done LFC but in my eyes unless you are a supporter of LFC. a non event i chose to watch City v Leicester and only watched the extra time in this match really by chance
    Me too - City really turned on the style

Master
    Blog Entries
    Another trophy so early on is great for the club, nice bit of prize money too.

Well done Liverpool and that's coming from an Everton supporter. I think Klopp was right to go for this. If you remember Alex Ferguson pulled Man Utd out of the FA Cup to focus on winning the FIFA club world cup. The fact that you have to win the CL to even qualify should make it a big deal.

Think of the revenue once the FIFA badge appears on the shirt, especially the CL shirt that already has the 6 wins badge, every supporter will want one of those.

Back to reality, Ancelotti must have thought WTF have I agreed to yesterday

Well done Liverpool and that's coming from an Everton supporter. I think Klopp was right to go for this. If you remember Alex Ferguson pulled Man Utd out of the FA Cup to focus on winning the FIFA club world cup. The fact that you have to win the CL to even qualify should make it a big deal.

Think of the revenue once the FIFA badge appears on the shirt, especially the CL shirt that already has the 6 wins badge, every supporter will want one of those.

I’m not sure it was Ferguson’s decision.
    I recall him not wanting to go but the FA were leaning on them to try and secure the World Cup for England and wanted to use Utd as a bargaining chip , but devaluing the FA Cup in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Performance of the season from City today, imho. Mahrez tormented the defence the whole game.
    Have to agree I'm afraid

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Performance of the season from United too...just not in a good way.

Oh well...Merry Xmas all

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Performance of the season from United too...just not in a good way.

Oh well...Merry Xmas all
    OGS sacked in the morning...probably might survive another few weeks as it's so close to Christmas.

Master

About 11 million per year...

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    About 11 million per year...
    It would make a nice change if Everton could actually pay their manager to do their job rather than giving them a huge amount of money to go away.

Spurs looking a bit crap this afternoon

Master
    Spurs having an absolute mare by the sounds of it...

Blog Entries
    What a great day Manure getting beaten by Watford but my guys winning at the Spuds plus the smile getting wiped from the face of JM

Master

Premier League 19/20

Congrats rentboy fan!
    Last edited by Bondurant; 22nd December 2019 at 22:48.

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    OGS sacked in the morning...probably might survive another few weeks as it's so close to Christmas.
    From memory:

Drew with Liverpool, beat City, Leicester, Chelsea, Spurs.

Drew with Saints, lost to Watford, B’mouth, Hammers, Newcastle.

What the hell is going on! OGS, today's Robin Hood? "Stealing from the rich giving to the poor, Robin Hood, Robin Hood. Robin Hood"

Last edited by BillyCasper; 23rd December 2019 at 14:26.

Blog Entries
    Congrats rentboy!
    “ rent boy” aimed at me? if so you are just both ignorant and stupid but anyway since it is the season just enjoy your little “ life”

Master
    I don't think OGS will get sacked but Pogba's off and today underlined how desperately we need someone that can create chances.

Master
    “ rent boy” aimed at me? if so you are just both ignorant and stupid but anyway since it is the season just enjoy your little “ life”
    Seriously? So you can call United what you lot call us but it's not OK the other way around? Have a word.

Blog Entries
    Seriously? So you can call United what you lot call us but it's not OK the other way around? Have a word.
    Mate your post was personal i am not a “ rent boy “ and your calling me one was offensive and i ask you to withdraw it what you want to call my football team is your business and go ahead but MU i can call “ manure” but are you a c- sucker?

Master
    You can call me or think whatever you like...but if it makes you feel less offended I will edit my post.

Get a room