closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Sorry Andy , I missed your reply .
    I accept that football isn’t a precise science . But VAR was supposed to eradicate most of the mistakes made. Instead they’ve compounded it by backing up the mistakes . How does that help?
    I have never had an issue with being beaten , by Norwich, by Wolves,Liverpool , whoever . It’s just that the system was designed to help and it patently doesn’t.
    My point is , if we’d gone to Anfield and lost 3-1 last year with the same decisions , you’d come away from the ground upset, moaning at the officials etc . I’d guarantee by Monday , it’s be forgotten and you’d move on .
    Like I said earlier, we played part in a great entertaining game on Saturday . Chelsea were excellent ( Lampard was immense btw, he got a standing ovation and stayed to clap all four corners of the ground) but coming out afterwards, the feeling was of despair and anger at the whole thing .
    Yes thats it then the FA and refs have all colluded so Liverpool win the league for reasons unknown.

Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Yes thats it then the FA and refs have all colluded so Liverpool win the league for reasons unknown.

Great stuff.
    Are you actually thick, or just playing at it ?
    Tell me , brains . And Ill spell it out slowly.
    Where have I said there is collusion for Liverpool to win the a League ?
    Where?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Are you actually thick, or just playing at it ?
    Tell me , brains . And Ill spell it out slowly.
    Where have I said there is collusion for Liverpool to win the a League ?
    Where?

" Put me down as one of the idiots then "

On the VAR front there are decisions that will go for and against. Let’s take the goal chalked off for Crystal Palace. It was clearly a foul on Lovren and even the guy that reviews all the decisions for Sky called it as such. Sure if there was no VAR the goal would have stood, so I guess it will get some right and some wrong. Liverpool dropped two points at United as VAR failed them. It’s all relative.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    On the VAR front there are decisions that will go for and against. Let’s take the goal chalked off for Crystal Palace. It was clearly a foul on Lovren and even the guy that reviews all the decisions for Sky called it as such. Sure if there was no VAR the goal would have stood, so I guess it will get some right and some wrong. Liverpool dropped two points at United as VAR failed them. It’s all relative.
    Whilst the majority of commentators that have seen that felt it wasn't a foul and Lovren went down far too easy...…

It was foolish to give him the chance to go down, but the point is there is that much contact in the penalty box probably 20+ times in a typical game, some defenders (or attackers) man up and others throw themselves to the ground.

Diving, feigning injury, etc is a real scourge in the modern game. I hoped VAR would stamp it out but it seems to be as bad as ever. Football is so far behind rugby union at the moment, the players are hard, but fair, totally respectful of opponents and officials and TMO works!

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post

Then what is the point in having it?
    I seem to remember that in the pre-VAR days referees got some decisions right and some wrong and VAR was supposed to get rid of those ‘wrong’ decisions...

For those who are tired of football I can really recommend John Nicholson’s latest book, “Can We Have Our Football Back“. Goes into everything that’s wrong with the current game and articulates a lot of the irritations and annoyances that I reckon many (particularly those that can remember the days before the Premiership) fans have with the modern game. It’s really quite cathartic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    " Put me down as one of the idiots then "
    😂😂
    And my four or five rebuttals since that flippant reply ?

Emery gone. Freddie caretaker.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Great pity as an CFC supporter i was a big fan of both Emery’s and Poch’s work with their clubs
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I thought, as a joke, Ljundberg?! But, oh, yes, indeed, Freddie. Fantastic.

Master
    Krueger, Flintoff, all approached. Unfortunately Starr and Mercury no longer available.

I’m sure it would be good for Arsenal to get Espírito Santo in, but it would be a shame if he left Wolves right now, particularly given their current league progress and qualification to the Europa league knockout stages. He may feel that this is the ideal time to move on...

Who is out there for Arsenal?

I'm sure the mighty Everton will be next as we are scheduled to get a good thumping at Leicester on Sunday. Worryingly Alan Pardew, Sparky and Big Sam are still out of work. There was talk of Moyes coming back - Jesus Christ no - please.

I think Santo or Brendon Rodgers would be mad to take Arsenal on - they are both better off where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Krueger, Flintoff, all approached. Unfortunately Starr and Mercury no longer available.

I’m sure it would be good for Arsenal to get Espírito Santo in, but it would be a shame if he left Wolves right now, particularly given their current league progress and qualification to the Europa league knockout stages. He may feel that this is the ideal time to move on...
    I think the Mendes connection could scupper Nuno.

If he'll leave, I think they'll be keen on Arteta.

I had the misfortune of attending his last game as manager. The team who's fans were all banned...yet managed to fill one corner of Club level and a small chunk of upper tier had more to cheer on than us. He had to go. Freddie swapping with Bould seems like it was a contingency plan all along...

Contract paid up in full - check

Flights to Dubai booked - check

Had chat with Jose to compare compo deals - check

Daydreaming about next job - check

Annnnd relax!

Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post

Annnnd relax!

I never understand why they give managers such long contracts when they have to pay them off. Jose just went to Spurs on a 4 or 5 year deal, he has already pocketed over £50mil from being sacked. I can see him lasting maybe 2 seasons at Spurs before getting another pay-out. You would think the clubs would learn, its not like Jose was in high demand and you have to tie him down.

Onto Emery they took months too long to get rid of him, he is a total joke and has no idea what the hell he is doing. Last night summed it up perfectly, losing to Frankfurt and brings on Toerreira and leaves lacazette on the bench, how exactly is that going to turn the game around!! Its been like this since the end of last season, he was so focused on winning the Uefa cup (as apparently hes good in this competition - such a stupid comment they always make about him) and lost focus on the top 4 which we should have easily had. Should have been sacked at the end of last season.

Can not see any established managers wanting to come to us that are any good. I would take a punt on Vieira, at least until the end of the season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post

Annnnd relax!

Reckon there were a lot of internal problems between the manager and the players and Emery engineered his sacking especially after last nights game ,his subs and the gibberish he came out with afterwards. Pick up your severance and walk away nice work if you can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    I never understand why they give managers such long contracts when they have to pay them off. Jose just went to Spurs on a 4 or 5 year deal, he has already pocketed over £50mil from being sacked. I can see him lasting maybe 2 seasons at Spurs before getting another pay-out. You would think the clubs would learn, its not like Jose was in high demand and you have to tie him down.
    Big Sam is the same, earns more from being sacked than working. Everton wanted him until the end of the other season (6 months or so), Big Sam refused to sign, wanted an 18 month contract. Everton agreed, stayed up, sacked him, gave him a years pay for nothing. I suppose from the clubs perspective a few million to stay in the PL was worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Big Sam is the same, earns more from being sacked than working. Everton wanted him until the end of the other season (6 months or so), Big Sam refused to sign, wanted an 18 month contract. Everton agreed, stayed up, sacked him, gave him a years pay for nothing. I suppose from the clubs perspective a few million to stay in the PL was worth the money.
    Not a fan but he does get results.

Did a good job for us (WHU) but it was boring stuff.

To a team looking to flirt with relegation (like us now) he could be the answer, and let's face it, staying in the prem is paramount for most teams.

He'd earn his corn if he kept a team up
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Sam is never the answer. I watched that crap at UP for 4 seasons week in, week out. He’s a dinosaur and not a very nice human being either.

Not only was the football awful, but you have to put up with his massively misplaced ego as well. I’d throw my ST back at Sullivan if Sam came back.

When you turn up every week in freezing cold weather there is more than results on the line. Sam does nothing to entice people to the stands and I cannot stand the man. He’s all that is wrong with football - in it for himself and the big pay days. Doesn’t care about the fans of the football clubs he leaves in tatters.

Horrible bloke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on Boris, tell us what you really think 😂

I don't think any clubs supporters welcomes Sam, but he does have a track record (like it or not) of taking over clubs at this time of year and keeping them up. So much so that is now a standing joke for clubs in the relegation zone, it's Big Sam time.

Master
    Big Sam and Arsenal

I don't think so somehow.

Arsenal don't need him, things aren't that bad.

I can see Rafa coming back, I'd be happy to have him at Everton after Silva is sacked following Sunday's game at Leicester (you heard it here first) - and he still lives on the Wirral.

What about Eddie Howe - big clubs could do worse.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 29th November 2019 at 22:25.

Rumour has it he was talking to West Ham... there are links there, shared agents etc, although his contract is coming up for renegotiation so it’s probably just a way of ensuring he gets a bumper payday at Bournemouth (as far as any payday at Bournemouth is ‘bumper’).

Sean Dyche is the other name banded around although I can’t get terribly excited about him either.

Totally agree about Fat Sam though. Whatever the question, he is not the answer.
    Last edited by Meesterbond; 29th November 2019 at 22:35.

Master
    Arsenal don't need him, things aren't that bad.

I can see Rafa coming back, I'd be happy to have him at Everton after Silva is sacked following Sunday's game at Leicester (you heard it here first) - and he still lives on the Wirral.

Rafa at Everton? I really will have seen it all if that happens! Arsenal would be more believable if he really isn’t enjoying China - he does like to have control and spend money though...

Master
    Shelvey must be the most frustrating player in the league, if you find yourself supporting the team he’s in.

So much natural talent, undermined by some sort of attitude problem, or something - I don’t know what.

You're welcome LiVARpool ;)

Watched the game and City were a long way from what they’re capable of. Sloppy passing, poor touches in or near the box - it’s been the same most of the season bar the odd great performance. Mendy was woeful. Couple of great goals from DeBruyne and Shelvey.
    City certainly won’t win the league this season on this form.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Watched the game and City were a long way from what they’re capable of. Sloppy passing, poor touches in or near the box - it’s been the same most of the season bar the odd great performance. Mendy was woeful. Couple of great goals from DeBruyne and Shelvey.
    Eleven points behind Liverpool? Would take a miracle.

In other news, West Ham win away at Chelsea. 😊
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Great result for West Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

In other news, West Ham win away at Chelsea. 

In other news, West Ham win away at Chelsea. 
    Superb result, Neil

Master
    Blog Entries

. 
    Tis the season..... Personally I'll still keep pooping it until it's a mathematical certainty.

You’re certainly getting the decisions and that always helps. The first goal yesterday came from a free kick that wasn’t a foul. The second goal came a corner where the ball was completely out of the corner segment so should have been retaken.

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Tis the season..... Personally I'll still keep pooping it until it's a mathematical certainty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Superb result, Neil
    I cannot agree but well done to Alvin Martin’s lad.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Big game for us approaching, Mart. sadly I'm moving back down from the Toon that day so will bloody well miss it

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks like another manager ready for a payout.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilT View Post
    Still worth asking though, surely

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Yes, he did well.

Although anyone would be an improvement over Roberto, a complete liablity.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Just seen the clip, that is some goal by Grealish at OT.

Underrated?

Master
    Blog Entries
    leicestVAR city do it again! Great to see them up there again.
    Last edited by Middo; 1st December 2019 at 21:00.

Freddy is disappointing already, such a poor team selection. No bellerin, tierney, holding, torreira.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Stood in the heavens at SJP as Toon lined up their freekick . Topic of conversation around us extended to why City would allow three Newcastle players on the edge of the box unchallenged. Especially Jonjo Shelvey who has a great shot / pass on him .
    Unbelievable.
    Newcastle are rubbish , one of the worst teams out there but we weren’t much better and deserved everything we got yesterday .
    Had a great weekend up there though to make up for the football .

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    leicestVAR city do it again! Great to see them up there again.
    Both var decisions right IMHO. Thought Ian nacho's goal was offside in real time

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Sorry Marco it's time to get your coat. Harsh but fair...

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Freddy is disappointing already, such a poor team selection. No bellerin, tierney, holding, torreira.

Holding and Bellerin aren't fit. Tierney has looked erratic at best so far.

Master
    Just a few thoughts at the moment but as a massive Liverpool fan I can’t believe we are at the top by such a margin, we have been good but lucky at times, it’s the other teams slipping up and dropping back that has amazed me... before the season started I honestly thought that there would be a close contest at Xmas as I believed Tottenham, Man City, man united and Chelsea would mount more of a challenge, instead they look rather lacklustre in comparison to a Leicester team led by a great man manager in Rodgers, May well be the closest challengers too. Man City look a shadow of last year particularly which has led me to question what’s wrong, injury to aguero will hurt them more than they think. Mad but I think that Liverpool, Leicester and wolves are playing the best looking football this year.

Perhaps the other end of the table is more interesting because so many teams have tried to implode the relegation fight will be close I think. Everton, Southampton and Watford are awful at the moment but anyone from 13th downwards at the moment is one place away from the drop zone, be interesting to see it unfold

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just a few thoughts at the moment but as a massive Liverpool fan I can’t believe we are at the top by such a margin, we have been good but lucky at times, it’s the other teams slipping up and dropping back that has amazed me... before the season started I honestly thought that there would be a close contest at Xmas as I believed Tottenham, Man City, man united and Chelsea would mount more of a challenge, instead they look rather lacklustre in comparison to a Leicester team led by a great man manager in Rodgers, May well be the closest challengers too. Man City look a shadow of last year particularly which has led me to question what’s wrong, injury to aguero will hurt them more than they think. Mad but I think that Liverpool, Leicester and wolves are playing the best looking football this year.

Perhaps the other end of the table is more interesting because so many teams have tried to implode the relegation fight will be close I think. Everton, Southampton and Watford are awful at the moment but anyone from 13th downwards at the moment is one place away from the drop zone, be interesting to see it unfold

Agree with every word. Long may it last

Blog Entries
    Holding and Bellerin aren't fit. Tierney has looked erratic at best so far.
    I am a grooner on the quiet so great game on Sunday for me.

The defence was woeful and Pukki had them in knots, his movement for the first goal was sublime.

Onto St Mary’s

Pitch

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    Agree with every word. Long may it last

Cheers mate, I do tell myself often I don’t talk total crap but it’s nice to have that affirmed once in a while lol

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I am a grooner on the quiet so great game on Sunday for me.

The defence was woeful and Pukki had them in knots, his movement for the first goal was sublime.

Onto St Mary’s

Pitch
    Love a bit of the pukki blinder