closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Premier League 19/20

I’ll start it with a traditional LCFC remark....

Leicester 730:1 to win the league on Betfair 🦊

You heard it here first!

Season over

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by TAG0001; 14th June 2019 at 23:21.

Wolves 200/1

I think West Ham are around 350/1.

Still we've got a nice easy start - Man City!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    I’ll start it with a traditional LCFC remark....

Leicester 730:1 to win the league on Betfair 🦊

You heard it here first!

Season over

You’ll never win anything with odds like that

Blog Entries
    Next season LFC v MC the rest of us picking up the crumbs.
    For my part as a CFC supporter i really hope Frank gets the job with some old tried and trusted faces in the wings maybe the start of a new era with some of the kids getting their chance and if we get a solid foundation in place and we are out of top four so be it, interesting times.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

At least you'll have got it out of the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    At least you'll have got it out of the way!
    I guess so.

We lost our first four games last season but still finished in the top half.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    I fancy Leicester for a top 6 or maybe 4 at a push if Tielemans is confirmed as seems likely. Perez also should be handy if he maintains his end of season form. Top definitely seems to be taking a punt for it this time.

Craftsman
    Im a bit concerned for my beloved LFC.......we could do with a few players. Certainly cover at left and right back and at minimum 1 attacker.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    I fancy Leicester for a top 6 or maybe 4 at a push if Tielemans is confirmed as seems likely. Perez also should be handy if he maintains his end of season form. Top definitely seems to be taking a punt for it this time.
    Some cracking business so far…. Tielemans is done…. Will be announced today or tomorrow…. We’ve spent £40m on one of the hottest talents in Europe - quite incredible really

Perez is a good player…. I thought he looked a little lightweight until I read his tackling stats…. Scoring the goals he did in a negative side was quite an achievement…

Justin James looks like a prospect too…. And there is more to come apparently …

I really do think we have the potential to push the top 6 now…. Exciting times

Premier League 19/20

“Manchester United are the only club interested in signing Leicester and England defender Harry Maguire, but the Foxes want £85m for the 26-year-old.”

What does every other club know that United doesn’t ? Another to add to the Jones, Smalling, Bailly, Rojo, Darmian collection of pricey, very average defenders? I’ll give Lindelof benefit of the doubt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillyCasper; 7th July 2019 at 17:10.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    “Manchester United are the only club interested in signing Leicester and England defender Harry Maguire, but the Foxes want £85m for the 26-year-old.”

What does every other club know that United doesn’t ? Another to add to the Jones, Smalling, Bailly, Rojo, Darmian collection of pricey, very average defenders? I’ll give Lindelof benefit of the doubt.

Mags is great…. He’s neither £85m or our best defender (Evans is!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    And didn’t Evans used to play for ............?

Lump your wad on Newcastle to be relegated. Safest bet this season :(

Blog Entries
    And didn’t Evans used to play for ............?

You’ve got it………. West Brom!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Lump your wad on Newcastle to be relegated. Safest bet this season :(
    Having a horrible time….

What ?
    Johnny F****** Evans ? The mind boggles ;)
    Pep was touted as being after JFE last season and the price then was £30 m + . Seems like a bargain now .
    I think there will be a big statement made this season by a number of clubs.
    Leicester will be there or thereabouts and I still think Wolves are only one or two players away from ruffling the top fours feathers . Everton are also threatening to spend and join in the fun.
    Looking forward to Lampard being given time at Chelsea. He’s promised to use the youth and they could come out blazing and fearless . Luckily enough they’ve got relegation fodder in their first game .

Wolfie....Tielemans signs !!!! Happy days are here again.

Next step is to put a bid in for Pogba #becausewecan

City (THE City) now only 600:1 for the title.... it’s coming home

#LCFC 🦊

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    What ?
    Johnny F****** Evans ? The mind boggles ;)
    Pep was touted as being after JFE last season and the price then was £30 m + . Seems like a bargain now .
    I think there will be a big statement made this season by a number of clubs.
    Leicester will be there or thereabouts and I still think Wolves are only one or two players away from ruffling the top fours feathers . Everton are also threatening to spend and join in the fun.
    Looking forward to Lampard being given time at Chelsea. He’s promised to use the youth and they could come out blazing and fearless . Luckily enough they’ve got relegation fodder in their first game .
    JFE is great…. Just the kind of player Man Utd could do with

There’ll be some teams threatening the top 6 dominance…. I believe we have the momentum and the squad to give it a real go next year….

Wolfie....Tielemans signs !!!! Happy days are here again.

Next step is to put a bid in for Pogba #becausewecan

City (THE City) now only 600:1 for the title.... it’s coming home

#LCFC 🦊

Oooh…. 600/1 - time to lump on Richard!!!

I can’t believe that we’ve landed this guy…. It was evident in half a season that he’s high quality and tailor made for the prem…. How a big club didn’t swoop him and nab him is beyond belief

You can keep Pogba #becausehesanob

JFE is great…. Just the kind of player Man Utd could do with
    United’s overall squad looks poor and the rate of change seems slow. I’m pessimistic, it has the feeling of the McGuinness/O’Farrell times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a premier league neutral I just hope the 3 promoted teams make a good fist of staying up and we don’t have a poor relegation battle with teams cut off like last season.

As for the title I can see Liverpool nicking it this year unfortunately I can’t see any clubs closing the gap on Liverpool or City.

Craftsman
    For some reason I think arsenal will be much better this season....... Not saying title contenders but possibly 3rd..... Pushing 2nd.

United’s overall squad looks poor and the rate of change seems slow. I’m pessimistic, it has the feeling of the McGuinness/O’Farrell times.

I maintain that the job is too big for Ole . Goodwill only goes a limited way and if they get off to a poor start, he could come under huge pressure. Might be a good price for the first manager sacked .
    United need a major overhaul . They’ve now got two good fullbacks and a half decent midfield . If they sell the two goons Pogba and Lukaku, they should have enough cash to buy well . Wether Woodward and Solskjaer can do this remains to be seen .

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I maintain that the job is too big for Ole . Goodwill only goes a limited way and if they get off to a poor start, he could come under huge pressure. Might be a good price for the first manager sacked .
    United need a major overhaul . They’ve now got two good fullbacks and a half decent midfield . If they sell the two goons Pogba and Lukaku, they should have enough cash to buy well . Wether Woodward and Solskjaer can do this remains to be seen .
    Im not sure why pogba is still there.......cash in on him and lukaku and you have significant funds to expand the squad.

Looks like we have missed on out Maxi Gomez for £45m and Arnie has cleared off to China for £22m so we are very light on strikers with only Chicarito on board.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Craftsman
    Looks like we have missed on out Maxi Gomez for £45m and Arnie has cleared off to China for £22m so we are very light on strikers with only Chicarito on board.
    Good riddance..........he could have been more professional about it. It would have been understandable if he went to a bigger club in Europe or even the premiership but to go China shows his utter contempt and greed.

Not sure why gomes did not happen

Blog Entries
    You are well rid no mistaking a good player but if he wants out then bye bye ,Gomez was about the structure of the funds and i believe Valencia? could do things in a better way than the irons
    MU a club that needs a good kick up the proverbial along with some of the players ( you know who you are) but i for one do not care think OG S is a decent bloke but big task ahead.
    My club CFC again new manager and transfer ban but it will either make or break both in all honesty i feel optimistic about the season if we can get top four and some decent cup runs
    EPL winner either MC or LFC
    Last edited by mart broad; 10th July 2019 at 14:18.

Pfft you better watch out we've signed an 18yo Brazilian striker, and an 18yo defender who won't play for us until 20/21 at the earliest, promoted a couple to the first squad and we've still got Ozil and Mustafi and Xhaka, so you better start shaking in your boots*

* with laughter, as we can't offload the deadwood and don't have a pot to piss in and won't be near any big signing unless they come on zero percent finance over the next twenty years. I can just imagine our Zaha offer after the club has been watching Wheeler Dealers and thinks low balling is part of English geezer charm.

Oooh…. 600/1 - time to lump on Richard!!!
    Too late! At this rate we’ll be odds on by this time next week.

Stolen from twitter (sorry don’t know how to link) as this amused me.....

“Man Utd fans irrate we signed Tielemans & won't hand over Maguire, subsequently calling us small & to know our place

Midtable club's fans calling us overrated

Rattled”

I await my big fall come the first defeat/match of the season 🦊

Blog Entries
    Too late! At this rate we’ll be odds on by this time next week.

Stolen from twitter (sorry don’t know how to link) as this amused me.....

“Man Utd fans irrate we signed Tielemans & won't hand over Maguire, subsequently calling us small & to know our place

Midtable club's fans calling us overrated

Rattled”

I await my big fall come the first defeat/match of the season 🦊

Shhh…. Keep it quiet…. It will only be used as a big stick to beat us with when we screw up v Wolves…

Leicester look rubbish and we’re disappointed in the quality of the signings!!!

Totally agree. The signings need to improve

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the league...

"A man of little significance"

As a very p'd off Wednesday fan, I hope Bruce screws everything up he possibly can. Absolute disgrace what he's done (he instigated this).

I can't believe Newcastle have paid £4m just for him with additional to be sorted for his backroom.

I've always been a fan of Bruce from afar and was ecstatic we got him. A top top class championship manager. He's turned us round in a short period. But I've lost any respect for the man and to say that Wednesday gave him the time off earlier in the year before he joined and he repays us like this, well, won't even waste any more energy on the man.

The wort bit is him being at the pre-season game Saturday and telling people he was still here and was off to Germany this week with us. And then do this.

Basically now hated by fans of his old club and his soon to be new club. Not a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Good riddance..........he could have been more professional about it. It would have been understandable if he went to a bigger club in Europe or even the premiership but to go China shows his utter contempt and greed.

Not sure why gomes did not happen

Gomes apparently wanted to stay in Spain so even though Valencia were offering less he decided to go there. A shame but makes a change for a player to go where he wants rather than chase the cash.

Apparently we're getting closer to signing Sebastian Haller who looks decent. Scored loads in Germany last year and he's well on the right side of 30.

Craftsman
    Hammers certainly need some firepower upfront.
    Club needs consistency....... I think a top half finish will be positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    Hammers certainly need some firepower upfront.
    Club needs consistency....... I think a top half finish will be positive.

Definitely need another two strikers. One marquee signing and another for cover.
    We'll have Yarmolenko and Reid back in the squad, Manu will have a proper pre-season behind him and maybe Wilshere might even be fit. We've only really lost Marko who frankly contributed little in the second half of last season.

Got be looking at 7th next season...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Definitely need another two strikers. One marquee signing and another for cover.
    We'll have Yarmolenko and Reid back in the squad, Manu will have a proper pre-season behind him and maybe Wilshere might even be fit. We've only really lost Marko who frankly contributed little in the second half of last season.

I agree with everything except the 7th....... Consistency is the key. Dont loose at home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    As a very p'd off Wednesday fan, I hope Bruce screws everything up he possibly can. Absolute disgrace what he's done (he instigated this).

I can't believe Newcastle have paid £4m just for him with additional to be sorted for his backroom.

I've always been a fan of Bruce from afar and was ecstatic we got him. A top top class championship manager. He's turned us round in a short period. But I've lost any respect for the man and to say that Wednesday gave him the time off earlier in the year before he joined and he repays us like this, well, won't even waste any more energy on the man.

The wort bit is him being at the pre-season game Saturday and telling people he was still here and was off to Germany this week with us. And then do this.

Basically now hated by fans of his old club and his soon to be new club. Not a good start.
    He’s a Geordie though…. (Newcastle fan?)

Ever likely to happen…. Bugger at this point to lose him though

He’s a Geordie though…. (Newcastle fan?)

Ever likely to happen…. Bugger at this point to lose him though
    I have no issue with him taking his ‘dream’ job. It’s the backstabbing underhand way he’s done it that’s the issue. Some of the things he said to fans at the friendly on Saturday to then quit today - proper snake behaviour.

To go from Rafa to Bruce is unbelievably bizarre.

What he did was disgraceful. After Sheffield Weds gave him the chance to get his career back on track he pulls this trick.
    Him and Ashley deserve each other.
    The only bright spot is the dusting off of the Elephant Man song we can regale him with .

Just come back to the news that Fabian Delph has joined Everton. He will improve their squad , bolstering the midfield for them . A good move for all parties.

Signings so far and rumours suggest that United are going to continue to employ an exclusivly British and Irish squad. As far as I know Chris Wilder has never signed a player whose first language isn't English.

Hard to see anyone but maybe Newcastle finishing below us but still looking forward seeing our brand of football up against some better quality than the Championship offered.

I have no issue with him taking his ‘dream’ job. It’s the backstabbing underhand way he’s done it that’s the issue. Some of the things he said to fans at the friendly on Saturday to then quit today - proper snake behaviour.

I'm afraid he was poor at Villa. Yes, he took us to the playoff final last year with what was probably the best team of players in the Championship but did his usual trick of sending us out to defend before Fulham scored and then we spent the second half failing to catch up. Before he was sacked this season past we beat Hull, Wigan and Rotherham and lost or drew against eight other teams, most of whom finished the season in the bottom half of the Championship. When we won Bruce took all the praise, when we didn't it was the players' fault for not doing what he told them to do. Pre-seasons were a complete waste of time with no sense of order or team selection taken into each new season and at the start of the 2018/2019 season Bruce decided Axel Tuanzebe, on loan from Manchester United, should play at RB instead of our three senior RBs and when his natural position is right-sided CB. He also brought Mile Jedinak - a defensive midfielder - in at left-sided CB, which was a complete disaster. Our best goalie, Jed Steer, was sent out on loan and a new goalie brought in, who was just about on top of things by the time he ruptured his Achilles at the end of December. Once Bruce left, Dean Smith came in and played Tuanzebe at right-sided CB, his natural position. He was superb for us and while we're all still hoping he'll come back this season, he really deserves a chance at ManU. He has a very big future ahead of him, strong, confident, wanting to press forward, very good positional knowledge, an all-round excellent CB.

Bruce's style of football was dire, with the DM's job seemingly to pull back the attacking players (see the playoff final against Fulham). Even the players Bruce brought in (and played - see 5'10" Hogan who likes the ball on the ground, makes intelligent runs and so on, but was played as an isolated striker tasked with bringing down long balls and holding them up long enough for the nine defensive players to catch up) looked - and played - considerably happier once Smith took over. Glenn Whelan looked miserable under Bruce, I saw him smile once, when we made it to the playoff final, and he came under a lot of criticism for not playing well at all. Under Smith he played really well, and looked happy.

Bruce didn't seem to know how to send out a team, and players would keep their positions for the sake of stability even when it was blindingly obvious they weren't right for the job (and were usually being played out of position). Tactics seemed to be everyone defend with one lone striker, to whom the ball was punted whenever we gained possession, including the goalie, and even when we played Hogan up front and it was very clear he wasn't managing to get a single long ball it continued. No thought whatsoever of using our really impressive collection of players to actually play the ball out from the back. Half time talks presumably involved sending everyone back out to concede as soon as possible, which we invariably did, and substitutions happened after 70 minutes, no matter if someone was having a dire match. We didn't make tactical changes to react to what the other manager did, and Bruce even admitted that he wasn't interested in tactics. He wanted the players to pull their socks up, tie their laces and get stuck in. I honestly think we'd have been better off with the cabbage issuing instructions rather than Bruce.

When Smith turned up we suddenly started playing really good football, with players in their correct positions and we started winning matches, including the 13 or so we won in a row to take us into the playoffs. We're now buying in some really interesting looking players, and finally have a philosophy coming through from the manager - we're buying young players who work hard. John McGinn, for example. I dread to think what would have happened had Bruce been in charge when we were promoted, I'm certain we'd be coming straight back down again. With Smith it really looks like we're going to have a chance of bucking the Championship promotion trend and actually staying up and moving on.

I know a lot (possibly most) Villa fans didn't like him but after the dross of the non-descript Dutch fan hater we had he was a breath of fresh air. We've effectively been in the doldrums for 20 years or so and save for the loss of the play off final in 2016 (actually to Bruce's Hull) this was the first time we thought we'd got a chance. That was an unexpected season in 15/16. This was the first real expectation.

The change in feel around the club just since January is/was unreal. It's been ripped apart in a few short days. Even at the Lincoln friendly on Saturday we played some brilliant stuff - OK its a friendly, but we played Lincoln last season and they were better than us in that game.

I'm sort of on the same page of Villa fans now....!

Just hope we get it right for the next appointment. I fear we won't.

I still cannot believe Newcastle are paying what they are for him. Absolutely crazy. In fact, he now becomes our record 'outgoing transfer', beating that of Chris Brunt to West Brom in 2007!

Sorry for a bit of a hijack here but it is related. Newcastle are welcome to him. I don't think this will end well for them though.

Newcastle are welcome to him. I don't think this will end well for them though.
    We had new manager bounce when he came in, and then it quickly started going wrong, with us going on short winning runs followed by short losing runs.

He's very negative in the way he sets up a team and the lack of flexibility and tactics is a real issue.

I really don't think he's a PL manager, although being as he is so defensive it's possible he may be there just to keep Newcastle from relegation rather than to try to move up the table. Not exciting times in any way for them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post

Sebastien Haller from Eintracht Frankfurt due to sign after medical for a reputed £45m.

Looking forward to seeing Yarmolenko again, it will be like a new signing!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Blog Entries
    So where do you all see us finishing, any Canary love out there

OTBC

Pitch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    So where do you all see us finishing, any Canary love out there

OTBC

Pitch
    I think you’ll see out three seasons in the prem Paul…

haha

Not as cut and dried as it seemed to be yesterday. Just hurry up and get it sorted and let my anger be valid!

Sebastien Haller from Eintracht Frankfurt due to sign after medical for a reputed £45m.

Looking forward to seeing Yarmolenko again, it will be like a new signing!

I start every season with an unrealistic level of excitement and optimism but particularly this year...

---------------Fabs--------------

-Fred---Diop--Balbuena--Masuaku-

---------------Rice--------------

----------Wilshere---Manu--------

Yarmolenko----Haller --- Anderson

That doesn't look like too bad a starting 11 to me and doesn't even include Fornals, Noble or Antonio.
    I'm not completely convinced by our LB options and another option at CDM would be good as Noble's not getting any younger and Sanchez is awful.

Roll on Man City!