closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1741

Thread: Premier League 19/20

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Marco Silva's legacy lives on in both Everton and Watford. We collapsed from 1-0 to 1-2 with the last kick of the game too. Infuriating.

On a side note I definitely think VAR should be introduced for potential 2nd yellow card offences. The guy credited with scoring Villa's winner, Tyrone Mings, was judged to have handled the ball as Deulofeu ran clean through on goal while we led 1-0. He'd already been booked and the ref decided it was a free kick. If that offence was given then it's a 2nd yellow and a red card. Automatically. For some reason the ref didn't give it and we went on to lose. Personally I wasn't certain Mings' second offence was a foul. His hands were by his side and the ball played from close range. But, having given the decision the ref had no choice but to send him off. Instead, the player was allowed to continue and scored the winner. Absolutely woeful and another shocking decision that's cost Watford a goal this season. That's at least 4 now and all 4 have cost us points.

For all of Liverpool's fortune this season, we've had similar amounts of misfortune.
    It wasn't handball, the ball was kicked against his hand. And besides, had Mings not been lying on the floor for the ball to bounce off it would still have gone in the goal.

I do think though players should be red carded for taunting opposition fans, so since Deeney was still on the pitch I think it only fair your lot lost. Bearing in mind we were rubbish and started the third match in a row with that formation, Danny Drinkwater on the pitch and no striker it must be said if you can't beat us it looks like your 'new manager bounce' is over.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I take back everything I said about Sheffield Utd . Some shocking challenges today, one on a kid just back from a long layoff .
    One badly timed tackle on a player who just back in the team and might not be back up to speed. Can't recall a 'bad" challenge other than that.

I did witness enjoyably high standard of shithousing on both sides, for which we took more than our fair share of bookings. Quite how Fernandinho escaped his until half time is a mystery. His mocking of the referee when it finally emerged for him said it all.

Quite refreshing to see some criticism of our team for a change, there are more ways to win a match than playing pretty football, as Guardiola well knows.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Completely justified.

But I won't deny being a little happy to see some fight back in the team.

True, but they need to do with the opposition, not the referee. Especially when its 6 to one. The ref should have booked them all and sent to goalie off. Utter moron!

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    True, but they need to do with the opposition, not the referee. Especially when its 6 to one. The ref should have booked them all and sent to goalie off. Utter moron!
    Some teams are famous for it. Barcelona do it on a regular basis. We need to move to a system like RU were only the captain can talk to the referee. Those Utd players should also receive retrospective disciplinary action.

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    One badly timed tackle on a player who just back in the team and might not be back up to speed. Can't recall a 'bad" challenge other than that.

I did witness enjoyably high standard of shithousing on both sides, for which we took more than our fair share of bookings. Quite how Fernandinho escaped his until half time is a mystery. His mocking of the referee when it finally emerged for him said it all.

Quite refreshing to see some criticism of our team for a change, there are more ways to win a match than playing pretty football, as Guardiola well knows.
    So it was Laporte s fault for not being quick enough to evade the tackle ? OK .
    Besic has firm for that too btw, I think it was Silva he put out for 4 months when he played for Everton. Noticed his sly little wink after last nights challenge too.
    There was another potential ankle breaker on Fernandinho just after which obviously wound him up . He got away with two before the inevitable yellow right on half time for the least offence. Go figure.
    Nice to see VAR didnt have a night off either. Surely the penalty shouldve been retaken with a Henderson a metre or so off his line ?

Nice to see VAR didnt have a night off either. Surely the penalty shouldve been retaken with a Henderson a metre or so off his line ?
    After Jesus stopped mid run up?
    Its the referees call not VARs, a little less shithousing on your part and might have more sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    After Jesus stopped mid run up?
    Its the referees call not VARs, a little less shithousing on your part and might have more sympathy.
    You keep mentioning this without specifics .
    Any clues ?
    BTW , its the linesmans but VAR is there for clear and obvious errors .
    Run up and pause makes not one dot of difference . If hes off his line when the penalty is taken , its a retake .
    Not bothered now , just interested .

Master
    VAR doesn’t look at keeper encroachment so the refs/linos fault if not spotted.

You keep mentioning this without specifics .
    Any clues ?
    BTW , it’s the linesman’s but VAR is there for clear and obvious errors .
    Run up and pause makes not one dot of difference . If he’s off his line when the penalty is taken , it’s a retake .
    Not bothered now , just interested .
    Blocks, tugs, tackles in midfield that under VAR would be called a penalty if they happened in the 18 yard box. Stopping in the run up to a penalty. Time wasting against a team on less than a tenth of your wage bill.

Fernandinho was the arch protaganist but even De Bruyne was at it. i felt this was to our advantage as where we have come from we are well used to it. I also felt that targetting Laporte we designed to provoke a reaction and, first half at least that worked, it brought things own to a level we are comfortable at.

No complaints about the result, the goal was fantastic to watch, and best of luck for the rest of the season. I'd advise sticking to football, leave the dark arts to clubs that have an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    VAR doesnt look at keeper encroachment so the refs/linos fault if not spotted.
    Unless Im mistaken Sterling missed a penalty earlier this season that was reviewed by VAR because the keeper came off his line and was retaken, nothing to do with the ref.
    On the subject of penalties and Man City why is De Bruyne not taking them? Sterling is rubbish, Jesus has missed three, Aguero is patchy, Mahrez not that great

Master
    I don’t remember but it must have been outfield players encroaching rather than the keeper being off his line....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48703852

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/v...ason-ffd6h0qbq
    Last edited by benny.c; 23rd January 2020 at 00:07.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Some teams are famous for it. Barcelona do it on a regular basis. We need to move to a system like RU were only the captain can talk to the referee. Those Utd players should also receive retrospective disciplinary action.

In fairness most teams will have done it previously, however I hoped that after team's like Chelsea, Arsenal, etc, have been pinged for it, lessons would have been learnt. Clearly not, so hopefully now the FA, etc will stamp on it harder. Fine the players, fine the manager and fine the club.

Unfortunately some will claim that it will removed the "passion" from the game, however I would argue that people sometimes confuse "passion" with thuggery. The FA needs to learn from Rugby, Cricket, etc, etc and ensure that the officials are treated with respect without histrionics.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Premier League 19/20

I watched the MU v Burnley game on TV last night and United were completely without any attacking invention/ movement whatsoever, one of their worst performances of the season.

OGS just appears to be sitting on the touchline watching on impassively, completely clueless about what to do, looking totally brassed off.

Surely United cant let this go on, half the stadium was empty ten minutes before the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Unless Im mistaken Sterling missed a penalty earlier this season that was reviewed by VAR because the keeper came off his line and was retaken, nothing to do with the ref.
    On the subject of penalties and Man City why is De Bruyne not taking them? Sterling is rubbish, Jesus has missed three, Aguero is patchy, Mahrez not that great
    The referee gave it because Declan Rice was encroaching . Ref looks for that, linesman for the keeper and VAR look to make sure Uber Eats are on the way .

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    It wasn't handball, the ball was kicked against his hand. And besides, had Mings not been lying on the floor for the ball to bounce off it would still have gone in the goal.

I do think though players should be red carded for taunting opposition fans, so since Deeney was still on the pitch I think it only fair your lot lost. Bearing in mind we were rubbish and started the third match in a row with that formation, Danny Drinkwater on the pitch and no striker it must be said if you can't beat us it looks like your 'new manager bounce' is over.

You're obviously joking, Simon.

It was deliberate hand ball because the Ref gave it as such. And as has been said, once the Ref makes that decision it has to be a second yellow.

Not sure what angle you've seen of the incident but Mings clearly moved his hand to intercept the ball, knowing that if he didn't Delofeu would have been clean through on goal (but would probably have then missed anyway).

For the goal, without the deflection off Mings there is a fair chance that Foster would have saved it as he looked to have it covered until the deflection lifted it over him, but the point is more what may have happened had Villa rightly had to play that last period with 10 men. We'll never know, but it was still (another) shocking piece of refereeing by Atkinson, and more confusing VAR inaction.

Oh, and all Deeney did was stand there looking smug (his usual expression to be fair) in front of fans who'd been calling him a fat w**ker all evening. If that's a red card we might as well all pack up and go home.

Hope Villa stay up though.

Quote Originally Posted by wjkerfoot View Post
    I watched the MU v Burnley game on TV last night and United were completely without any attacking invention/ movement whatsoever, one of their worst performances of the season.

OGS just appears to be sitting on the touchline watching on impassively, completely clueless about what to do, looking totally brassed off.

Surely United cant let this go on, half the stadium was empty ten minutes before the end?

And just look how much they've spent over the last 10 years. Their current position would indicate their current spend has been somewhat wasted

https://mobile.twitter.com/KieranMag...09254964715521
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Relegation beckons WHU.

Pitiful last night.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

The referee gave it because Declan Rice was encroaching . Ref looks for that, linesman for the keeper and VAR look to make sure Uber Eats are on the way .
    Thanks for clarification

Well played by wolves ,unfortunately same result for lfc ynwa

I thought Wolves were excellent value tonight. They really pressed Liverpool, who looked a bit leggy at times.

Perhaps the schedule is starting to catch to catch up with them.

Good result for Liverpool all the same. Another win, but no clean sheet tonight.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Wolves deserved a point there, but I suppose it shows Liverpool's resilience that they kept going and scraped a win.

Master
    Disappointed with the result tonight. Its been a long
    season for a relatively small squad, but new incomings
    should help us to finish the season strongly.
    Well done Nuno and the boys and well done Liverpool- your nearly there.

Master
    Traore ran Robertson all over the pitch he couldnt cope with his pace. Wolves were fantastic 2nd half but Liverpool are now doing what united did for years and scoring late to win games they should have only got a point from.

94 points from 96 is genuinely insane from Liverpool.

Master
    Although Im primarily a Liverpool fan, tonight was all about The Super White Army knocking Watford (well the kids anyway) out the FA Cup. Just got home, Prenton Park was bouncing

Blog Entries
    Really mixed feelings about last nights game as a Chelsea supporter the Wolves loss keeps them six points back but i was impressed as i have been all season with their approach and graft and they really deserved a point at the very least,LFC ? a machine and i do not see any domestic side beating them.Just to say Traores thighs are bigger than my wife but well deserved MOTM.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

That was a bit of a smash and grab by LFC last night but it is the quality of their strikers that pulls them through, Salah occupied three defenders with that bit of skill, Henderson then picks out Firmino and he doesn't tend to miss those and as usual he finished beautifully. Jota then misses an open net from 5 feet, name on the trophy.

"Deserved" doesn't apply, only goals count at the end.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    Although Im primarily a Liverpool fan, tonight was all about The Super White Army knocking Watford (well the kids anyway) out the FA Cup. Just got home, Prenton Park was bouncing
    And a home match against a shit Man Utd team 👍

Come on you Rovers.

Master
    Yeah, superb. The ticketing system was in meltdown last night!

And a home match against a shit Man Utd team 

Come on you Rovers.
    The ground will be packed out for that game, not to mention the whole of Merseyside will be supporting Tranmere

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    The ground will be packed out for that game, not to mention the whole of Merseyside will be supporting Tranmere
    They will no doubt put the kids out, but in Utds case they will probably be better than the first team 😂

Wolves away was always going to be one of Liverpool's toughest remaining matches.
    Since the start of last season, Wolves are third in a mini-league of themselves and the big six clubs.

Wolves were excellent last night especially in the second half but somehow Liverpool found a way again. Liverpool will not accept defeat, and right now, won't even accept draws. As Klopp once called them, Mentality Monsters.

Traore for Wolves was a constant threat but Henderson never stopped and kept shouting at the players all night, outstanding again, a real captain's performance.

Master
    Blog Entries
    And a home match against a shit Man Utd team 👍

Come on you Rovers.
    Really looking forward to that match. Great payday too for Rovers, a nice draw would be great for them.

News coming out today of an imminent Saudi takeover at Newcastle .
    Lovely stuff .

Christ, the Toon Army will be pleased to see the back of Mike Ashley.

Christ, the Toon Army will be pleased to see the back of Mike Ashley.
    I believe hes been invited to the Saudi embassy for further talks

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    I believe hes been invited to the Saudi embassy for further talks
    Very good!

After that first half against West Brom today Im now convinced well be going down. Absolutely pathetic.

Liverpool on Wednesday is going to be mauling.

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    After that first half against West Brom today Im now convinced well be going down. Absolutely pathetic.

Liverpool on Wednesday is going to be mauling.
    Sure it wasn't a ploy to get out of the cup so you can concentrate in the PL?

Sure it wasn't a ploy to get out of the cup so you can concentrate in the PL?
    Nope. Its the latest in an increasingly long series of lacklustre performances.
    Moyes picked a strong team (given the injuries and on-paper at least) but in the first half there wasnt a player out there who looked like he cared.

Come on you Rovers 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    Nope. Its the latest in an increasingly long series of lacklustre performances.
    Moyes picked a strong team (given the injuries and on-paper at least) but in the first half there wasnt a player out there who looked like he cared.
    Yep.

I could say we missed Anderson, Yarmolenko and Snodgrass but that would be an excuse.

It's just an embarrassment now, and beaten by our old manager.

Mind you, West Brom are top of the championship............. and will probably take our place.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Come on you Rovers 🙂
    Whoops !!!
    6 different scorers for Utd and 4 of them British.
    Citeh haven't got 4 British players in their squad.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    Whoops !!!

Not good, but at least they didn't score 7 like Spurs last year. I think the efforts of knocking out Watford took its toll. United were well rested.

Whoops !!!

You must be so proud 😂😂😂

Master
    You must be so proud 😂😂😂
    What's the point of Citeh's youth team ?

Master
    Not good, but at least they didn't score 7 like Spurs last year. I think the efforts of knocking out Watford took its toll. United were well rested.
    Yeah you're probably right that Utd got a better rest and you'd expect it from a Premiership squad.
    What next for Moyes and West Ham I wonder ?

I think this has been one of the worst rounds of the FA cup for years, all the big boys given lower league opposition to play. When Arsensel v Bournemouth or Spurs v Southampton are the highlights of the round it isn't much of a spectacle.

Hopefully some of the big boys will be required to go head to head in the 5th round.

What's the point of Citeh's youth team ?

Its to give your youth team/ 2 nd string/ U23 s a good hiding most seasons .
    Whats the point of your first team ?